Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Quidnose posted:

Right but MMT said she was loved "because of an event" and Adahn said he was loved "because someone did something to me" and those are in conflict. Are you saying there's an event that made MMT loved AND someone specifically targeted Adahn to make him loved AS WELL? That's weird.

I feel like you're jumping at shadows here. While the wording I saw was "because of an event", I think it's a perfectly rational conclusion for Adahn to come to that someone else caused it on N0. Also I don't understand what would be gained (by either town or scum) by trying to lie about something that irrelevant on D1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Sorry for jumping around, I'm simultaneously catching up on the thread from the beginning while keeping an eye on recent posts.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

bossi are presumably al capones lieutenants, and probably a mole or two, after the poo poo went down.

we can snoop around to figure out who else is a boss. we also have access to another ~secret power~ atm and when other bossi die, we get power. presumably we all get power. infi claim cuz hes a dumb power whore.

Infinitum posted:

How the gently caress there would be 2 bosses?

##vote Dongsbot

Infi - was this a weird gambit or something? Unless dongs is lying I don't see how you wouldn't have understood that there are multiple bosses.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I am also loved! Because "an event occurred"

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mayor Glowku posted:

Your claim is incredibly odd and seems misplaced. Especially since jokephase is over

##vote dongs

Can you go more into detail about what you don't believe about dongs' posts? I can't imagine scum lying to that degree.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Yeah I was wrong about the difference between MMT / Adahn's claim. More interested in AA now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

the gently caress did my post just go

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

there it is. weird as hell.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Quidnose posted:

the gently caress did my post just go

It's right there dude. See.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Can you go more into detail about what you don't believe about dongs' posts? I can't imagine scum lying to that degree.

Why did Glowku get all those votes in the beginning? Can someone remind me I don't feel like reading back

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Quidnose posted:

I don't feel like reading back

Not a town mindset imo

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIING START!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
This reads a lot more like Drawrof AA than FG AA to me. Limited exposure as always but he's putting opinions out, backing them up, and reads town to me.

Also, he's claiming (along with AR) to have been part of the shine lottery, which would make him not a boss. I guess the second question was to pick a player and they would be loved? That extra bit of info serves as verification.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Well I was part of the shine lottery and while it doesn't explicitly say "loved" I guess you can interpret this that way.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

Well I was part of the shine lottery and while it doesn't explicitly say "loved" I guess you can interpret this that way.

Is whatever person you picked loved? Any of the lottery claimed for that matter, did your picks turn out loved?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Li Dawny posted:

Is whatever person you picked loved? Any of the lottery claimed for that matter, did your picks turn out loved?

actually yes, i picked you

we cracked the case guys

anyone who was in the lottery had a choice, to pick another player to sponsor or something

i picked li dawny for that and apparently she got loved because of it

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Absurd Revolver posted:

actually yes, i picked you

we cracked the case guys

anyone who was in the lottery had a choice, to pick another player to sponsor or something

i picked li dawny for that and apparently she got loved because of it

Aww, ilu2 AR

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My pick breadcrumbed being loved so I think that did do it. Not sure what to make of Adahn announcing that to thread, that feels fairly town. Scum would have just left that alone until we thought we had hammered and hand't, most likely.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Not a town mindset imo

This is a dumb snipe. What purpose does this serve

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Given that, I very strongly suspect neither AR nor AA to be a boss (depending on AA'S pick)

See, this isn't so hard. And then there were 4.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
idk my pick hasnt posted a lot :(

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

dongsbot 9000 posted:

smh my fault for choosing a poor time to release the sample for my mixtape but i cant believe i cant even get my own hypeman to listen to it

I'm reading the game in a room where other people are watching TV so I'm saving this for later and looking forward to it.

Quidnose posted:

Why did Glowku get all those votes in the beginning? Can someone remind me I don't feel like reading back

I can't speak for everyone else but for me I think Glowku is lying about having a scum read on Dongs (and also just kind of voting without really making an effort to case anyone)

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Yeah I'm loved as well, I breadcrumbed it earlier. Wasn't sure what to make of it so I kept it on the DL.

Its also why I didn't see the contradiction Quid did.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

Yeah I'm loved as well, I breadcrumbed it earlier. Wasn't sure what to make of it so I kept it on the DL.

Its also why I didn't see the contradiction Quid did.

I loved you man. It was me. I even stated this earliee that I chose you but didn't know what it did.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Quidnose posted:

This is a dumb snipe. What purpose does this serve

Quid, you really need to learn to differentiate joking from reality.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Is this a mechanic that will happen every night? Or does it just make it easier for the dreaded D1 no lynch?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Wow, that took a minute. ok.

I find Infin's case on adahn very uncompelling.

SSV's vote on adahn is bad, but he'll might switch when he returns.

I would encourage people to not assume bosses are 1 town, 1 scum, 1 3p. I don't think there's evidence for that yet. Personal set-up spec would be that they're all 3p. That being said, I also agree that if we believe dong's list, the boss on his list isn't town.

The number of times Infin brings up surd being on both lists despite the obvious fallacy (he even continues to do it after someone points it out once) is mind boggling.

Agree that AA's drunk recaps represent the worst sort of "white noise" posting.

Surd votes adahn off Infin's case w/o mentioning what exactly about it he finds convincing. Didn't like that, but I believe he has rethought.

Murmur Twin posted:

Infi - was this a weird gambit or something? Unless dongs is lying I don't see how you wouldn't have understood that there are multiple bosses.
I assumed he missed the word 'town' there. Otherwise, yeah, it makes no sense.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Excellent catch. Still it seems strange for them to both be in the know about being loved unless it's a coordinated gambit and that seems like a stretch.

I am also not loved, nor had no prior knowledge of that as everything my pregame stuff had to deal with was selecting a PR and a second question which was ambiguous as to whether pr not it helped a player, but it was clear neither I or they would know.

So adahn claiming to be targeted by a player is either him reconciling the actuality of n0 actions or somewhat disingenuous, again though, seems farfetched that both him and MMT would end up with the same effect and that be false.
What is the point here? It's so confusing. Why would you post this?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##vote tpink :justpost:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

VivaNova posted:

Wow, that took a minute. ok.

I find Infin's case on adahn very uncompelling.

SSV's vote on adahn is bad, but he'll might switch when he returns.

I would encourage people to not assume bosses are 1 town, 1 scum, 1 3p. I don't think there's evidence for that yet. Personal set-up spec would be that they're all 3p. That being said, I also agree that if we believe dong's list, the boss on his list isn't town.

The number of times Infin brings up surd being on both lists despite the obvious fallacy (he even continues to do it after someone points it out once) is mind boggling.

Agree that AA's drunk recaps represent the worst sort of "white noise" posting.

Surd votes adahn off Infin's case w/o mentioning what exactly about it he finds convincing. Didn't like that, but I believe he has rethought.

I assumed he missed the word 'town' there. Otherwise, yeah, it makes no sense.

What is the point here? It's so confusing. Why would you post this?

Because it posited that a. There was a discrepancy in the claim that they both had knowledge of or b. It was a coordinated gambit, but that can't be the case given that everyone who got support from the lotto seemingly ended up loved.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Quidnose posted:

I really think we should be scumhunting instead of blindly following lists of people who's alignments we do not know. This post reeks of capitalizing on this distraction and going after a whole bunch of chaindunks without taking any responsibility for doing so. Would vote FL.

Eh. I explained why I think it's a good idea, and I have no reason to believe I'm wrong (three Outfit-aligned bosses, while possible, doesn't seem likely to me - not without a ton of bosses). I've also already explained why I don't think the boss or bosses in dongsbot's list are not outfit aligned.

I'm not advocating chain lynching. I do think that the people not named Adahn in dongsbot's list have been overlooked and think we should be looking carefully at them. I do think AA would be the best candidate of those today.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Oh hey a bunch of lottery posts. That changes things, maybe.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
So the players left on the list that we haven't accounted for are Anarc, Cpig and Cat right? I still have a town read on Anarc and the last page of stuff makes me feel a little bit better about AA. I don't think that everyone in the shine lottery is necessarily town - that would be a really silly way to be able to confirm a ton of people - but I agree with something someone said earlier that probably bosses weren't in it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Not a town mindset imo

Is there anything in pages 19-22 that would make me not want to vote Adahn?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Best votes: Infin, AR, AA, MG.

Infin misrepresented his role initially. However, I understand that as a boss he wants others bosses dead, and if he really is town aligned, he might believe that no rival bosses are as well. Currently he has it in his head that adahn is a scum boss, though I feel there's insufficient evidence to back this up on both counts. Most of the points in his case are plainly wrong or super reaching. I would very much like to kill him for poor casing and arguably anti-town play. For mechanics reasons, I'm not sure it's a great idea to kill a boss today though. I'm open to discussing this.

AR I've decided like better on the last few pages- nice chill response to adahn's hypothesis about his possible play.

MG I would def vote if he doesn't return and comport himself well.

##vote AA

Flying Leatherman posted:

I do think that the people not named Adahn in dongsbot's list have been overlooked and think we should be looking carefully at them. I do think AA would be the best candidate of those today.
Agree.

Because it posited that a. There was a discrepancy in the claim that they both had knowledge of or b. It was a coordinated gambit, but that can't be the case given that everyone who got support from the lotto seemingly ended up loved.
I feel like it was 3 paragraphs that said nothing constructive.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AAs posting yesterday was very entertaining we should keep him around

VivaNova posted:

Best votes: Infin, AR, AA, MG.

Infin misrepresented his role initially. However, I understand that as a boss he wants others bosses dead, and if he really is town aligned, he might believe that no rival bosses are as well. Currently he has it in his head that adahn is a scum boss, though I feel there's insufficient evidence to back this up on both counts. Most of the points in his case are plainly wrong or super reaching. I would very much like to kill him for poor casing and arguably anti-town play. For mechanics reasons, I'm not sure it's a great idea to kill a boss today though. I'm open to discussing this.

AR I've decided like better on the last few pages- nice chill response to adahn's hypothesis about his possible play.

MG I would def vote if he doesn't return and comport himself well.

##vote AA

Agree.

I feel like it was 3 paragraphs that said nothing constructive.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

I hope you explain why you think he's a good vote.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

AAs posting yesterday was very entertaining we should keep him around

I disagree but maybe I'm bitter since I can't drink atm.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I hope not, but he does ping me. The second part of my rolepicking I applied to him.

This was much earlier. AA is almost certainly not the boss, or this was a looooooong setup.

I am not sure whether or not scum could be part of that phase, as the list in the OP has a lot of roles that are scum-incompatible.

I thought mafiosos could contribute, but if so they'd have gotten a very short list, and would know each other's roles anyways, so what's the point?

I don't think we should accept further clans because it's too easy to fake now, but lynching either AA or AR at this point seems a bit dicey.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm not sure why you are asking me this question while quoting a post that has nothing to do with adahn, but if you wanna get serioustalk.

I would vote for either glowku or one of the bosses today, glowku for acting weird from his normal play and the bosses because I don't know if I trust either of them not to be a bad guy boss and their claims today had caused lots of people to claim on day one which is bad and probably a bad idea because now scum has lots of targets to pick from.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
In fact I guess i'll start actually voting for not jokes.

##vote glowku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

Mayor Glowku (4): TMMadman, flerp, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Infinitum, TMMadman, Anomalous Amalgam, dongsbot 9000, dongsbot 9000, Li Dawny, CapitalistPig
Anomalous Amalgam (4): Mayor Glowku, Anomalous Amalgam, flerp, Murmur Twin, Mayor Glowku, Anomalous Amalgam, Mayor Glowku, flerp, flerp, Mayor Glowku, flerp, AnonymousNarcotics, Quidnose, VivaNova
Adahn1986 (3): dongsbot 9000, Anomalous Amalgam, dongsbot 9000, Anomalous Amalgam, Infinitum, SirSamVimes, Infinitum, Infinitum, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver
Quidnose (1): CapitalistPig, JakeP, JakeP, CapitalistPig, JakeP
CapitalistPig (1): JimsonTheBetrayer
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Mayor Glowku, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Mayor Glowku, dongsbot 9000
tpink (1): Truth Quark
dongsbot 9000 (1): Truth Quark, Mayor Glowku, Truth Quark, Mayor Glowku, Adahn1986, AnonymousNarcotics, Truth Quark, Infinitum, Adahn1986, CapitalistPig, Mayor Glowku, Truth Quark, CapitalistPig, AnonymousNarcotics, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam
SirSamVimes (0): Truth Quark, Infinitum, Truth Quark, Infinitum
TMMadman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, JakeP, JakeP
Flying Leatherman (0): Truth Quark, Truth Quark
JimsonTheBetrayer (0): flerp, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, flerp, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Infinitum (0): Adahn1986, Adahn1986, Adahn1986, Adahn1986
Truth Quark (0): dongsbot 9000, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, dongsbot 9000, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
JakeP (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
Absurd Revolver (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
Murmur Twin (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy

Not Voting (8): Absurd Revolver, Adahn1986, curiousCat, Flying Leatherman, Hal Incandenza, Moatillata, TMMadman, tpink :rubshands:

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 26th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 48 minutes.

One time, a member of the Outfit had a few too many drinks, and had the balls to ask Capone if he ever regretted doing what he did. Capone's response? "I would rather be rich and greedy and go to hell when I die, than live in poverty on this earth."

• Locked thread