Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh, I think our only options right now are Glowku or no lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
So we willingly mislynch. I mean what's the problem taking out a nontown boss, since they don't get incrementally stronger?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

TMMadman posted:

Ugh, I think our only options right now are Glowku or no lynch.

I think so too, even if I don't know if it's a great idea to lynch him. On the other hand, if we do lynch Glowku we have Adahn as universal back up and who knows who else, so we'd only lose one night of shine (assuming Glowku is the only distributer)

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
The problem is we don't know a) for certain what happens when a boss it the last one standing and b) whether dongs actually is the town boss, or even if there is a town boss.

My point is we should wait and see what happens tonight with the whole merc thing, and not rush into potentially giving scum more power than we have to.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

So we willingly mislynch. I mean what's the problem taking out a nontown boss, since they don't get incrementally stronger?

Well, I don't know that Glowku is town. The only thing really holding me back is his claim.

Are you saying you know that know that he is town? :raise:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Quidnose posted:

I am not loved and this is a weird fish.

I wasn't fishing. I (also) chose you for the n0 thing so I was wondering.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
So Shine distributor is, word for word, identical to a Shine 1 role. Is anyone else's role the same as in shine 1?

Because mine isn't at all. I'm not vanilla (or a universal backup). I don't have a shine role at all, but I can take one from a dead guy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TMMadman posted:

Well, I don't know that Glowku is town. The only thing really holding me back is his claim.

Are you saying you know that know that he is town? :raise:

Was talking about Adahn, since we were debating trusting him and 'confirming' inf as scum. Don't be dense here, I don't know anyone's alignment outside of my own

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Adahn1986 posted:

So Shine distributor is, word for word, identical to a Shine 1 role. Is anyone else's role the same as in shine 1?

Because mine isn't at all. I'm not vanilla (or a universal backup). I don't have a shine role at all, but I can take one from a dead guy.

Did you just say you're not a universal backup? Now I'm confused.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Was talking about Adahn, since we were debating trusting him and 'confirming' inf as scum. Don't be dense here, I don't know anyone's alignment outside of my own

youd know the alignment of your scum buddies if your scum :eng101:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Did you just say you're not a universal backup? Now I'm confused.

So I looked at the roles in Shine 1. Someone was a vanilla town, with a shine role that was a Universal Backup.

I'm a 1-shot universal shine backup. I have no shine role, but I can inherit a shine role from someone who dies (if another backup doesn't beat me to it).

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

youd know the alignment of your scum buddies if your scum :eng101:

If I was scum I suppose I would, but I'm not. Also like 20 minutes to deadline. Anything to say outside of jokes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm going to sleep cause I'm knackered.

Lynch Glowku otherwise we'll no-lynch.

Shine distributor is no indication of alignment.
He was acting scummy early game, then disappeared entirely until the heat was on him.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
not rly id like to vote infi but hes not gonna get lynched :(

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I ask because Glowku's claim is Shine Distributor, which is identical to a Shine 1 role, and my role isn't identical to a shine 1 role.

Does this game have new/different roles from the first game, or is it the same?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TQ you can switch back to Glowku now scumbo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

How the hell would anyone know that.

Don't be dense.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Adahn1986 posted:

I ask because Glowku's claim is Shine Distributor, which is identical to a Shine 1 role, and my role isn't identical to a shine 1 role.

whooooooooooooooooo cares

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Glowku

If he is a shine distributor we have at least 1 claimed backup who suggests there are others.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also, what does a Shine Distributor do? In this game there are 'Brewers' who can give other players shine.

But glowku didn't claim to be a brewer.

I just wonder if he has a real role or if he picked one from the first game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Adahn1986 posted:

I wish you would stop asking these types of questions because it doesn't really help since it's pure mod speculation.

I know I've been guilty of it in the past (and probably will be in the future too ;)) but it doesn't really help most of the time, especially not in the early phases of the game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

Your role is exactly identical to the role I had in Shine 1.

I mentioned this to you earlier.

Liar liar pants on fire.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote Glowku

If he is a shine distributor we have at least 1 claimed backup who suggests there are others.

yeah but the backups only get one shot of the power

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
14 minutes

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also I can confirm that one shot shine backup is a thing because I'm one

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

##vote Glowku I'm not sure what his role is but we have at least one person who can snag it (maybe two people should if this gets Adahn killed) and that makes me unsure if his alignment.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Also I can confirm that one shot shine backup is a thing because I'm one

Why would you claim this :psyduck:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

##vote Glowku I'm not sure what his role is but we have at least one person who can snag it (maybe two people should if this gets Adahn killed) and that makes me unsure if his alignment.

He said it's not a shine role. We can't inherit power roles, only shine roles.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Glowku I want to feel involved

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm not gonna vote for Glowku but its mostly out of spite (that is until deadline is one minute away).

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
But...I don't understand why there would be Brewers and distributors and how they'd be different. Maybe TMM is right and I'm getting too much into semantics but he didn't explain what his role did at all.

And since there's no time to switch back to me. ##vote Glowku

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I was in the lottery and I'm not loved either

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also I was in the lottery and I'm not loved either

Who did you pick?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

AN AND Glowku both targeted me? I doubt it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Or maybe not, maybe that's why I got a role. Who knows.

Should I hammer or are we waiting for Hal to answer this question

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Would probably also be good to overvote just in case he is loved and lying. He's at -1 right now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Glowku yolo

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

Or maybe not, maybe that's why I got a role. Who knows.

Should I hammer or are we waiting for Hal to answer this question

that question isn't relevant to glowku, it would just be a way of showing he participated in the lottery or not

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
unlesssss someone loves glowku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:redhammer:

It is now twilight until I post the flip. Just confirming that the lynch happened.

• Locked thread