Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Cleretic posted:

The same High Voltage Software that ballsed up the Zone of the Enders HD collection

That game was fine though? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It was only fine after Kojima sacrificed ZoE3 to force Konami to pay another, expensive team to remaster the collection from scratch.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Late to the party, but I'm really stoked after seeing the trailer. Poor stunt double. :(

(And I just realized I have Gat out of Hell sitting in my Steam library untouched. :psyduck:)

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Ometeotl posted:

It was only fine after Kojima sacrificed ZoE3 to force Konami to pay another, expensive team to remaster the collection from scratch.

And it wasn't all of them either. Only ZoE2 on PS3 got a redo.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Zaa Boogie posted:

And it wasn't all of them either. Only ZoE2 on PS3 got a redo.

Yeah and it's now the best ported.

IIRC, ZoE 1 is awful on PS3 but great on 360 while part 2 is the opposite.

EDIT: \/ I MAY have it reversed. All I know is that each console has one good port and one bad port.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 12, 2016

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
What the gently caress am I missing here? I played and finished ZoE 2 on the 360, it looked great and played well. Didn't quite finish the first game's HD version, but I played through it more than a few times on PS2.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
A full blown superhero game was the logical next step for Volition but the trailer didn't really grab me that much. I think it's the characters they chose to lead off with - female and male space pirate and Johnny Cage don't seem very inspired.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The Saints Row games are like going to a rad buffet where you get lots of good food. Gat out of Hell is the last plate that you grab of just a few more little things that you know is probably a bad idea but you do it anyway. It's good, but you wonder if it was a good idea or not afterwards.

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!
Agents of Mayhem E3 live streaming schedule

Tuesday, June 14

IGN - 11:40 AM Pacific Time, 20:40 CEST, 7:40 PM BST
http://ign.com/e3

Twitch - 12:00 PM Pacific Time, 21:00 CEST, 8 PM BST
http://twitch.tv/twitch

Square Enix Presents - 5:30 PM Pacific Time, 2:30 CEST, 1:30 AM BST
http://youtube.com/squareenixpresents

Wednesday, June 15

PlayStation - 1:30 PM Pacific Time, 22:30 CEST, 9:30 PM BST
http://twitch.tv/playstation

Thursday, June 16

Gamespot - 1:25 Pacific Time, 22:25 CEST, 9:25 PM BST
http://gamespot.com/e3/live

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Gat Out Of Hell was a great little expansion pack with a unique map and the most fun flying mechanic I've played in a long time.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Can't seem to find the footage from the ign/twitch shows, is it out there?

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!

Evil Canadian posted:

unofficial fan capped twitch stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4K5CNgJU0M

Official IGN
http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/06/14/agents-of-mayhem-developer-interview-ign-live-e3-2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Evil Canadian posted:

It's making me sad that people are now expecting me to be able to stream game vids in the middle of the work day.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Aha! Looks fantastic.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It really does look great. It's very, very different from Saints Row but that's not a bad thing.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Really disappointed that the character switching is so basic, I was hoping that it'd be characters that followed you around all Lost Vikings-esque.

Other than that, looks alright I guess? Kind of looks like one of those cartoony F2P mp games.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

well that looks anemic

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm really seeing some City of Heroes in this, which just makes me love it even more. And I really love that art design, it's all nicely vibrant.

My only worry is that I won't be personally able to flex the character-shifting very well. I'm the type that would just find one character I really like and then use them as exclusively as possible.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Still waiting to see the Volition flair I'm used to, unfortunately. Nothing's really grabbing me yet outside of this being a Volition game.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The gunplay doesn't really any different to the gunplay in SR and they haven't really shown anything else. I didn't really play SR for gunplay either, so :shrug: The bits they haven't shown will probably be fun enough.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
want this game, i like shooting things

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

So at its core it's a shooter where you can have three guns with you at one time, but you have an arsenal up your sleeve as well. Nifty. I was thinking of a GTA V kinda deal with the three characters, but that works too. Honestly I'm not too picky as long as there's the usual quality Volition writing and madness.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

What the gently caress am I missing here? I played and finished ZoE 2 on the 360, it looked great and played well. Didn't quite finish the first game's HD version, but I played through it more than a few times on PS2.

ZoE2 on 360 was never as bad as on PS3, but it's not even as good as the PS2 version aside from the higher render resolution. This is a well documented issue. The PS3 version's new port is much better than what you played, which is to say orders of magnitude better than the pre-patch on PS3.

Alas, I don't think Hexa Drive can save us from SR2 being a buggy piece of poo poo on PC, and all available evidence (see IdolNinja explaining that the SteamPlay version is a harness thrown around the nightmare as-is earlier in the thread) suggests nobody else can do it easily, so a 1-2 remake on the new engine would probably be our only salvation. If this means getting Laura Bailey to voice the Boss in the earlier games too, so much the better. Yes, I am aware this is a pipe dream.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm having a good time with GOG SR2 and Gemtlemon of the Row but I wish there was a way to make my Waluigi's voice higher pitched

edit: are there any better overall-type items because i'm otherwise so proud of him

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 16, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

well that looks anemic

*looks at Battleborn sales figures and tugs at collar nervously*

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey, remember when Volition promised a mod SDK and then never delivered anyhting except scraps? Yeah. They can get hosed.

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!

-Troika- posted:

Hey, remember when Volition promised a mod SDK and then never delivered anyhting except scraps? Yeah. They can get hosed.

I take it that you haven't been following progress on saintsrowmods.com. There have been dozens of patches to the modding beta branch (which anyone can sign up for) as we get Steam workshop support online. The full clothing and customization SDK is also almost ready to go once we get a couple of minor bugs fixed and tutorials completed.

Also keep in mind that this is something our devs do after work hours in our free time to help the community. No need to get nasty about it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
IdolNinja you dropped your mic, did you want me to pick it up for you?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
http://www.gamesradar.com/agents-of-mayhem-is-all-about-its-larger-than-life-heroes/

"Also, my mission in the demo was to track down a K-Pop idol who ends up defecting to Legion to marry a dude named Steeltoe, who then uses her K-Pop dance powers to turn him into a giant."

Alright, guys, you got me.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Ninja w/ 21 Faces

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Zaa Boogie posted:

http://www.gamesradar.com/agents-of-mayhem-is-all-about-its-larger-than-life-heroes/

"Also, my mission in the demo was to track down a K-Pop idol who ends up defecting to Legion to marry a dude named Steeltoe, who then uses her K-Pop dance powers to turn him into a giant."

I'm gonna say that's a better Korean representative than D.Va.

Also I'm pretty on board with Hollywood's big power being to just turn the world around him into a lovely action movie. So far he's been my favorite character, with them doing very well to realize making a playable and interesting-looking character out of 'self-centered rear end in a top hat actor'.

EDIT: A friend of mine's asked which character is gonna be voiced by Chip, and I'm really hoping that the streams get an in on some of the fun here. Distant Human as a secret unlockable.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jun 18, 2016

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I'm gonna say that's a better Korean representative than D.Va.

Also I'm pretty on board with Hollywood's big power being to just turn the world around him into a lovely action movie. So far he's been my favorite character, with them doing very well to realize making a playable and interesting-looking character out of 'self-centered rear end in a top hat actor'.

EDIT: A friend of mine's asked which character is gonna be voiced by Chip, and I'm really hoping that the streams get an in on some of the fun here. Distant Human as a secret unlockable.

Sadly, Hank the chog negotiations have broken down.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Picked this game up on Steam sale, and just finished it today - did all the sidequests, but didn't bother with gold on everything (gently caress speed rifts in particular).

Overall, I enjoyed the game a lot. I went with French lady boss, and while I'm pretty sure the voice actress doesn't speak French as her native language I thought she did a wonderful job as a fun-loving psychopath. "Sorry, I don't follow American pop culture." "I was quoting MacBeth." "Sorry, I don't follow Scottish pop culture." The game kept up the laughs, and the core gameplay felt great once I unlocked infinite sprint and wall running. I mostly just used the pump action shotgun, automatic rifle, and once I upgraded it fully - particularly with the infinite ammo - the dubstep gun. Oh, and after briefly running around in a couple different outfits, I just went back to the Leave it to Beaver outfit on my lady boss for the rest of the game. It amused me, and added some unintentional amusing subtext to her chatting with Kinzie about her hell.

I'm a newcomer to the series, though I watched the Saint's Row 3 LP, and had to read up on who some of the older returning characters were like Washington. By and large I liked everyone, I think with Matt Miller standing out as the star of the supporting cast, but Johnny Gat fell completely flat to me. I get he's a beloved fan favorite character, but I couldn't help but recoil and start to loathe him with how much the game kept screaming "JOHNNY GAT IS BACK! ISN'T THAT SO loving AWESOME!!!" On the other hand, I picked up Sam King right away and enjoyed him a lot even though I've never seen or played Saint's Row 1.

Tough call for me on what mission had me cracking up the most between Leave it to the Saints, Kinzie's hell, and Matt's loyalty mission.

Lots of fun, but all things considered I'd have a degree of buyer's remorse if I'd paid more than twenty bucks or so for the game and I think I'll give a pass on Gat out of Hell - I don't like Johnny Gat, and I'm not that enthusiastic about Kinzie. I've already started a new game playing as male boss made to look like Lex Luthor but with the British voice, and I'll see how well the replay value holds up.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 26, 2016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cythereal posted:

I'm a newcomer to the series, though I watched the Saint's Row 3 LP,...

Saints Row 4 was also my first Saints Row, and I can unreservedly recommend SR 3. Give it a shot; there's a lot of great stuff in there. Kinzie is also awesome.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

prefect posted:

Saints Row 4 was also my first Saints Row, and I can unreservedly recommend SR 3. Give it a shot; there's a lot of great stuff in there. Kinzie is also awesome.

I'll consider it, but I'm not a huge Kinzie fan. I like her okay, but not so much that I'd seek out a DLC where you play as her and I downright dislike Johnny Gat. Matt, Sam, and Old Shaundi stole the show for me every time they were on screen.

That being said, I've been reading this thread back from the beginning and only found out from people posting that there's a radio in the game. :v: Playing a second game as Britboss and it's a tough call which was funnier - tank mayhem to the tune of "The Boys Are Back In Town" or singularity gun mayhem to "The Touch." "This Is How We Do It" as I was fighting a virus insertion against a horde of Professor Genkis armed with baseball bats was also entertaining.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Fondness of Gat really only makes sense if you've played 1 or 2. It's not an uncommon thing for people going straight into 3 to think it's overdone, because yeah it probably was a bit.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cythereal posted:

I'll consider it, but I'm not a huge Kinzie fan. I like her okay, but not so much that I'd seek out a DLC where you play as her and I downright dislike Johnny Gat. Matt, Sam, and Old Shaundi stole the show for me every time they were on screen.

Kinzie doesn't play a huge role in SR3, but she's got some good scenes. (I haven't played Gat out of Hell yet, so I don't know what that's like.)

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
The Gat fandom comes from SR2 where he's just fantastic whenever he shows up, and then how badly the character was handled in SR3. I don't know a single person who didn't think that Gat was coming back after that so-typical 'death offscreen' moment.

Then he never did in SR3. It's really not surprising that people go mad for him. It would have been like if Garrus died in the first five seconds of Mass Effect 2 and it was done off-screen and cheaply.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

Fondness of Gat really only makes sense if you've played 1 or 2. It's not an uncommon thing for people going straight into 3 to think it's overdone, because yeah it probably was a bit.

I played a lot of 2 and I was really disappointed he wasn't in 3 much. Even I got tired of the 'GAT IS GOOD. LOVE GAT.' stuff spewed from SR4.

It might have worked out more for me if they didn't, say, spoil his reappearance right after the opening arc. Or devote a lot of marketing showing off that he'd come back. If it was an actual surprise I might've been more receptive to the entire thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Light Gun Man posted:

This is me. Went right into 3, Gat dies like instantly at the beginning. He's not really brought up much though so you can kind of forget about him. So I ended up not caring about him, which made a lot of SR4 really annoying because my character was like fangirling over him while I as the player wasn't. Gat out of Hell forced Gat on to you too (I mean, he's in the title so I guess that's fair) but thankfully aside from the very beginning and very end, you can play as Kinzie, the superior character.

That and I don't like the kinds of games that the rescue Gat mission was based on (sidescrolling beat em ups) in SR4 and it just went on forever, so that didn't help matters for me :v:

edit: the best character is Zinyak anyway

Zaa Boogie posted:

I really like how it sounds like they took the hero switching from Trine and put it in a shooter. I'm interested in what the other 8 characters are like.

• Locked thread