Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

kcroy posted:

What if Jon was neverred rezzed and he is in Ghosts body, but he sees himself as Jon.. but everyone else sees Ghost... it will be revealed when Jon looks in the mirror and just sees a white direwolf looking back. And they will show you footage from the battle scene with Ghost fighting in a flashback where you realize it was Ghost all along...

Would make the scene where he somehow knocks a man off his horse more believable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mastajake posted:

Would make the scene where he somehow knocks a man off his horse more believable.

it's a majik sword

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

syscall girl posted:

amerika

gently caress yeah

omg i forgot about that

mastajake posted:

wasn't that one a practical effect? that owned, gently caress you. also the super-excited vale standard-bearer owned

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

syscall girl posted:

it's a majik sword

magic rubber sword?

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Hey guys, I had to do life stuff for a while and only watched the last ep which was certainly a well shot thing for once.

Anyway, is it out yet?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

What is showDavos' s accent? Scottish-ish?

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
Geordie

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hard to place when he's not going "howay the lads" every 2 lines

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

For budget reasons, the entirety of season 7 will take place in Dorne.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Elman posted:

For budget reasons, the entirety of season 7 will take place in Dorne.

GRRM'd

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's pretty probable that any filming for GoT will be done by the time we're out of the EU. It's unlikely they'll happily give us any money for anything now, but we're still full members until we're out.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ok something that's been bugging me regarding the last episode:

Where the hell was Ghost during the battle?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/game-thrones-season-6-why-was-jon-snows-loyal-ghost-missing-battle-bastards-1566858

Budget restraints lol.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Ghost's next appearance will be leaping into the Great Sept as it's being burnt to ashes.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

MrSlam posted:

Ghost's next appearance will be leaping into the Great Sept as it's being burnt to ashes.

lmao

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Nymeria died on the way back to her home planet

vooooooooooooooooooooop

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

syscall girl posted:

it's a majik sword

Having him go Full Anime and cut the guy in half only to get soaked in the dude's blood fountain remains would've been good too. :black101:

This is not helping my vain hopes of Arya coming back from assassin school to reunite with Nymeria and murder/eat all the Freys.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
im rereading everything now and holy gently caress a feast for crows is so god drat bad. what the gently caress was he thinking

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

jsoh posted:

im rereading everything now and holy gently caress a feast for crows is so god drat bad. what the gently caress was he thinking

FAT  PINK  MAST

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

jsoh posted:

I didn't hate it as much as other people did, but it clearly needed some editing. Also it needed the second loving half of the book...

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Fluffy posted:

Having him go Full Anime and cut the guy in half only to get soaked in the dude's blood fountain remains would've been good too. :black101:

This is not helping my vain hopes of Arya coming back from assassin school to reunite with Nymeria and murder/eat all the Freys.

its fine as long as Ghost is dead by then, and they don't need to animate any dragons.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
you end asos on exciting high points for Jon and interesting turning points for Sansa and arya and tyrion and it's just this loving wall of dorne and brienne holy poo poo arienne is so stupid and boring. at least cersei being stupid is kind of funny

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Someone asked this a while back, but how was the timeskip supposed to work when you have space in some plotlines for five years of nothing (Arya and Sansa) and major poo poo going down right after in others (Cersei and Jon)? It can't be that GRRM had no idea where to actually take the story and was just making up an excuse, right?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Kavak posted:

Someone asked this a while back, but how was the timeskip supposed to work when you have space in some plotlines for five years of nothing (Arya and Sansa) and major poo poo going down right after in others (Cersei and Jon)? It can't be that GRRM had no idea where to actually take the story and was just making up an excuse, right?

Presumably, most of that major poo poo would happen after the time skip.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Elman posted:

I guess Lancel's confession could be delayed, but Winter and the Others waiting five years to do anything sucks a lot of the drama out of their story.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Elman posted:

or it would be dealt with through conversation kind of like how events prior to AGoT were dealt with.

"Hey, remember when Cersei reestablished the faith then they arrested her"

"oh ya, that was weird"

which I much rather prefer than the ultra boring minutiae of affc and adwd.

having Arya leave for braavos and then reappear 5 years later to assassinate someone would have been waay better than what we got. we couldve internally connected the dots and gone "cool, I guess she became a faceless man"

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
All it would have taken to make the course of events make sense was a decent sense of time and scale. Start with the Stark kids a little older and just have the war play out over the 5+ years it actually would take; no gap needed just a few lines here and there about how this campaign or that march took so and so months. It's the kind of thing a decent editor (the other thing he needed) could have kept track of.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Kavak posted:

GRRM had an outline for a nice three book series with the major points all plotted out.

As he became wildly successful he increasingly dumped the outline without making a new one and ignored his editor (seriously looking at the later manuscripts and seeing how often he overrode editorial suggestion is pretty funny)

This compounds the problem that he never hand a sense of time or scale to begin with.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

i81icu812 posted:

This compounds the problem that he never hand a sense of time or scale to begin with.

And that's probably why the show writers decided "not even the author cares about this things so gently caress if we will" and now we have characters and even whole navies ar armies instant-traveling across the whole world

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
GRRM explains his time skip deliberations here: http://io9.gizmodo.com/george-r-r-martin-answers-our-toughest-song-of-ice-and-886133300

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i81icu812 posted:

GRRM had an outline for a nice three book series with the major points all plotted out.

As he became wildly successful he increasingly dumped the outline without making a new one and ignored his editor (seriously looking at the later manuscripts and seeing how often he overrode editorial suggestion is pretty funny)

WORDS ARE WIND

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I'd read the TB Thread re-edit of AFFC

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

WORDS ARE WIND

Specifically ~*~thesoundawetfartmakes~*~

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ron Jeremy posted:

Specifically ~*~thesoundawetfartmakes~*~

*midget pushes fart bellows

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

WORDS ARE WIND

STET

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So no stoneheart at all now and Arya stole fat manderley's plot line with the Frey pies. Which is loving weird considering manderley is in the episode and has a goddamn speech.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 27, 2016

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Why let some nobo be a showpro when you can get a... fomo to do... the... gently caress you okay.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I don't really have much to complain about. It was stupid but all things considered it could have been a lot stupider.

Also, yeah, R+L=J was never doubted so here we are.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Dany is actually going to Westeros. I don't know what world I live in any more.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

So no stoneheart at all now and Arya stole fat manderley's plot line with the Frey pies. Which is loving weird considering manderley is in the episode and has a goddamn speech.

It is actually pretty cool there was Frey Pie and I read Manderly getting a speech and actually showing up in this episode as a sort of call-out to book-readers, because I really don't think it's a coincidence that Manderly and Frey Pie just happen to show up in the same episode when the name Manderly has barely been mentioned in the entire series. And you obviously cannot give Manderly the plotline of Frey Revenge when you haven't developed the Manderlys whatsoever as a family or as characters.

Also I thought that episode was goddamn amazing and satisfying and it made the previous episode way better in retrospect. That episode was just payoff after payoff after payoff.

I mean, there were dominoes that fell which they've been hinting at and setting up since season 1, practically. Since GRRM wrote the first book, even. It's honestly still a little crazy and startling to me that I just got so many things paid off from the books on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Varys merman confirmed?