Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Darren Helm owns though so you're welcome :(

Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with the Jets, they have a gaping hole at 3C and he's a local kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

The Jets signing Helm/Okposo would rule.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
I'm shocked at the lack of leaks coming from the interview period.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Darren Helm owns though so you're welcome :(

He'll own several more things once Benning gives him $28M over the next 6 years.

A Typical Goon posted:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with the Jets, they have a gaping hole at 3C and he's a local kid

The only people I've ever met who grew up in Winnipeg talk about returning to live there as akin to deliberately injecting yourself with a vial full of ebola contaminated monkey blood.

Krime posted:

I'm shocked at the lack of leaks coming from the interview period.

As usual the Vancouver "Plays with their cards facing out" Canucks have you covered.

https://twitter.com/NEWS1130Sports/status/747244432383041536
https://twitter.com/NEWS1130Sports/status/747245626052599808
https://twitter.com/NEWS1130Sports/status/747439403404951552
https://twitter.com/NEWS1130Sports/status/747439502847729664

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 27, 2016

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

The only people I've ever met who grew up in Winnipeg talk about returning to live there as akin to deliberately injecting yourself with a vial full of ebola contaminated monkey blood.

I'm sure Helm has gotten used to the amazing city lifestyle, what with living in Detroit and all.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
How bad was Vanek last year? Boxcar stats don't look that bad.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Thufir posted:

How bad was Vanek last year? Boxcar stats don't look that bad.

He wasn't awful but the Wild are stuck really hard in cap hell right now and at this point are probably doing what they can to free up space.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

e: wrong thread

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I think the Red Wings should offer sheet Jacob Trouba. Kid has a lot of potential and we need defensemen.

They'd probably have to overpay him severely to get him out of Winnipeg though.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/mayorNHL/status/746815654917865472

lol from who?

Kings lineup right now:

Mersch - Kopitar - Gaborik
Pearson - Carter - Toffoli
King - Lewis - Brown
Clifford - Dowd/Shore - Nolan/Andreoff

Muzzin - Doughty
McNabb - Martinez
Greene - Scuderi/Gravel

Quick
Budaj/Campbell

5 million in cap space. Team is first round exit worthy but it's not as bad as I thought?

Kings are also apparently considering trading King or Clifford to free up more salary to run after Ladd, Okposo, or Purcell for Kopitar's wing.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

I think the Red Wings should offer sheet Jacob Trouba. Kid has a lot of potential and we need defensemen.

They'd probably have to overpay him severely to get him out of Winnipeg though.

It's just not possible. To offer him enough to make the Jets blink you're looking at giving up 4 firsts and signing him to a deal he's no where near worth, I'm talking like ~7.25m over 7 years or something. The Jets have over 20m in capspace, a lot will go to Scheifele and Trouba but they'll still have some space to play with

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

A Typical Goon posted:

It's just not possible. To offer him enough to make the Jets blink you're looking at giving up 4 firsts and signing him to a deal he's no where near worth, I'm talking like ~7.25m over 7 years or something. The Jets have over 20m in capspace, a lot will go to Scheifele and Trouba but they'll still have some space to play with

Columbus would have a harder time dealing with a Seth Jones offer sheet, I would think.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Thufir posted:

Columbus would have a harder time dealing with a Seth Jones offer sheet, I would think.

Columbus has basically no financial flexibility thanks to all of those turd rear end deals jarmo gave out so I can definitely see them getting squeezed out on Jones

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Aye Doc posted:

Columbus has basically no financial flexibility thanks to all of those turd rear end deals jarmo gave out so I can definitely see them getting squeezed out on Jones

Hexy plz :ohdear:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

A Typical Goon posted:

good lord! Yeah, enjoy Trouba

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I would like a Devonte Smith-Pelley jersey in Texas or Dallas green because I want a jersey that says "DEVO" on it, but would like a built-in explanation first.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

It's done...

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/747588987125174272

Six (6) loving years of Andrew Shaw. Bergevin has lost his goddamn mind.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

yellowcar posted:

It's done...

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/747588987125174272

Six (6) loving years of Andrew Shaw. Bergevin has lost his goddamn mind.

Maybe its a long con. Boston will see that and go "Wow! I bet we could get 6 years of Andrew Shaw if we give up something we dont use, like defensemen!" And that was how Torey Krug became a Hab.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I mean the AAV is pretty much the going rate for third line forwards on the free agent market but six years? Really?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Furnaceface posted:

And that was how Torey Krug became a Hab.

Can't. He's gotta play opposite PK in front of the latter's brother in net.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

They can all do that in Chicago. :v:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Aye Doc posted:

The Cap increase took the heat off a little bit. They're at $5.4M now (before they buy out whoever gets the axe) with only Jones to sign, but it's going to be tricky.

Cap savings for potential CBJ buyouts per CapFriendly:
-Clarkson- $1.5M (2 years), $500k (2 years)
-Tyutin- $1.2M this year, $1.5M next, $1.4M two more years
-Boll- $1.1M, then UFA.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I almost feel bad for Clarkson, I'm sure the guy didn't want his career to end up as both a footnote and a bar trivia question. But then I realize he's a millionaire and I can fall asleep again.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Here is the free agent thread. Please talk about the free agency stuff in here, and the not free agency stuff in the News/Views threads.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
okposo is gonna sign in Buffalo for stupid money ><

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Duke Chin posted:

Boy oh boy...

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Troy Brouwer is apparently expected to sign in Calgary, where he lives in the off-season.

Hope that means he's taking some kind of discount.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/748854262877290496

"character"

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Please swing and miss on everyone of note and sign a bunch of okay players to one year deals to potentially move at the deadline next year please Mr. Benning.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

It is loving criminal how the Habs management have dismantled a speed and skill team and turned them into slow fat goons who play the Right Way, Jesus Christ

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Wamsutta posted:

It is loving criminal how the Habs management have dismantled a speed and skill team and turned them into slow fat goons who play the Right Way, Jesus Christ

Vancouver did more or less the same thing to its 2011 team, and for mostly the same reasons.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
That Ekblad deal is Cool and Good

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Fuckin lol if the Isles let Okposo walk and turn around and sign Andrew god damned Ladd.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
its cool how Loui Eriksson is gonna walk and the remains of the return for Seguin at this point boils down to Jimmy "Bad" Hayes

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Expect moves from Carolina in free agency. We're like 8 million below the salary cap floor so we have some cash to spend. Okposo would be a good add if he's willing to play for us and doesn't ask for 8 mil a year.

Our defense looks solid but is extremely young. Dan Hamhuis may make a solid addition to provide a veteran presence and allow better development of our prospects. It's too bad they bought out Wizniewski, but his leg must have been severely hosed up and raised questions about his ability to make it the entire season.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

its cool how Loui Eriksson is gonna walk and the remains of the return for Seguin at this point boils down to Jimmy "Bad" Hayes

Pleas keep him, Canucks fans don't want him.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Fully anticipating the flames overpaying for Brouwer today. As long as it's no more than 2 years, don't mind. Also, I heard Dennis Wideman may be nearing death?

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

mennoknight posted:

Fully anticipating the flames overpaying for Brouwer today. As long as it's no more than 2 years, don't mind. Also, I heard Dennis Wideman may be nearing death?

Maybe we can move him to some team needing size on the blueline? The name might confuse them.

Dupont in Boston said that Wideman for Jimmy Hayes was a possibility? Despite what I've read about Hayes on here, I'd probably do that.

St. Dogbert fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

A metaphor for Jim Benning this summer:

https://youtu.be/a_VTvQLAfaE

• Locked thread