Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Would probably also be good to overvote just in case he is loved and lying. He's at -1 right now.

Yeah, I'll be the overvote. I'm not real sure about this lynch anymore, but it was the only option at the end.

##vote Glowku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i would like to see infi die tomorrow namaste

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
or tonight, rather

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

Who did you pick?

Have we decided it's good to reveal that?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Have we decided it's good to reveal that?

So, all it does is confirm you were in the lottery, as your target was loved D1. However, since nobody besides MMT and me claimed we were loved (apart from those already paired) anything else could be easily faked.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
We still don't know for CERTAIN everyone in the lottery is town, but it doesn't make sense for scum to have a lottery (I think) as they all chat in the scumdoc anyways.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final votecount - note that the hammering vote was Quidnose's.

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

Mayor Glowku (13): TMMadman, flerp, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Infinitum, TMMadman, Anomalous Amalgam, dongsbot 9000, dongsbot 9000, Li Dawny, CapitalistPig, TMMadman, dongsbot 9000, JakeP, Quidnose, Infinitum, AnonymousNarcotics, Flying Leatherman, Absurd Revolver, Quidnose, Quidnose, Li Dawny, TMMadman, Quidnose, Infinitum, Absurd Revolver, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Li Dawny, Hal Incandenza, Adahn1986, Quidnose
Adahn1986 (2): dongsbot 9000, Anomalous Amalgam, dongsbot 9000, Anomalous Amalgam, Infinitum, SirSamVimes, Infinitum, Infinitum, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, Infinitum, SirSamVimes, Truth Quark, Infinitum, Absurd Revolver, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam
Anomalous Amalgam (2): Mayor Glowku, Anomalous Amalgam, flerp, Murmur Twin, Mayor Glowku, Anomalous Amalgam, Mayor Glowku, flerp, flerp, Mayor Glowku, flerp, AnonymousNarcotics, Quidnose, VivaNova, Quidnose, AnonymousNarcotics
CapitalistPig (1): JimsonTheBetrayer
dongsbot 9000 (1): Truth Quark, Mayor Glowku, Truth Quark, Mayor Glowku, Adahn1986, AnonymousNarcotics, Truth Quark, Infinitum, Adahn1986, CapitalistPig, Mayor Glowku, Truth Quark, CapitalistPig, AnonymousNarcotics, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam
SirSamVimes (0): Truth Quark, Infinitum, Truth Quark, Infinitum
TMMadman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, JakeP, JakeP
Quidnose (0): CapitalistPig, JakeP, JakeP, CapitalistPig, JakeP, JakeP
Flying Leatherman (0): Truth Quark, Truth Quark
JimsonTheBetrayer (0): flerp, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, flerp, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Infinitum (0): Adahn1986, Adahn1986, Adahn1986, Adahn1986, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Truth Quark (0): dongsbot 9000, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, dongsbot 9000, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
JakeP (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
AnonymousNarcotics (0): Mayor Glowku, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Mayor Glowku, dongsbot 9000, dongsbot 9000
Absurd Revolver (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
tpink (0): Truth Quark, Truth Quark
Murmur Twin (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy

Not Voting (4): curiousCat, Moatillata, SirSamVimes, TMMadman, tpink :rubshands:

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 26th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 minute.

Stories of Shine spread from New York City to Chicago fairly quickly, but it wasn't until years later that the city actually began to see a steady supply of the drink. There are plenty of rumors about how it's being made these days - smuggled in by train from a secret Canadian commune, brewed in the basement governor's mansion, or even piped in from New York by way of a secret tunnel. Only a few people in the Outfit know the secret, and they're not breathing a word.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

Why would you claim this :psyduck:

Because you're acting like claiming universal shine backup is bullshit when I can confirm that they exist in this game?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SirSamVimes posted:

Because you're acting like claiming universal shine backup is bullshit when I can confirm that they exist in this game?

It's fine anyways, Universal Shine Backups are probably the equivalent of vanilla town this game. I have a feeling there are a LOT of us.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also, only one person can take a shine role from a dead guy, and we have no idea if a role has been taken, or when it was taken. So yeah, the first person to claim a good one is fine, but the rest have to wait a long time and will probably die before claiming a role.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
I really really apologize for missing deadline- I assumed it was 9!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Counts for Day 1:

pre:
User			Posts
dongsbot 9000 		148
Adahn1986 		131
Infinitum 		102
Truth Quark 		90
Anomalous Amalgam 	80
flerp 			65
Quidnose 		44
Absurd Revolver 	40
Mayor Glowku 		40
TMMadman 		37
King Burgundy 		35
JakeP 			32
CapitalistPig 		28
AnonymousNarcotics 	26
SirSamVimes 		24
Li Dawny 		22
Murmur Twin 		20
JimsonTheBetrayer 	15
Moatillata 		15
tpink 			15
Hal Incandenza 		14
Flying Leatherman 	13
VivaNova 		12
curiousCat 		2
:nono: curiousCat will be ON NOTICE for Day 2! If she does not make at least 10 posts on Day 2, she will be FREELY LYNCHABLE on Day 3! :nono:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Adahn1986 posted:

It's fine anyways, Universal Shine Backups are probably the equivalent of vanilla town this game. I have a feeling there are a LOT of us.

That's my guess, which is why I didn't hesitate to claim.

In fact, if anyone here is vanilla town, can you say so? It'd be nice to know whether or not we're the vanilla equivalent.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
There's something to be said for the members of the Outfit - while they might be an argumentative bunch without Capone's firm hand guiding them, once they finally reach a consensus they're brutally efficient in carrying it out.

Several thugs drag the accused woman out behind the hideout. While she seems resigned at first, her composure snaps as the guns come out. Her protests, far too late to do any good, are snuffed out with a brief burst of gunfire.

quote:

In the Outfit, you learn plenty fast that it's not just about who you are or how much you kick rear end - it's about how well you pick your battles, and who's got your back.

Maria used to be a nobody - just another rank-and-file member of the Outfit, one of many. She made a name for herself when she distracted a few cops for a good two hours while other Outfit goons robbed a rival gang's warehouse, but that was about all she had going for her. But one day Al Capone himself sent for her - said he had someone that he wanted Maria to meet. Strange-looking lady, definitely foreign - Maria had never seen her around before. But the moment she opened her mouth, Maria's world changed forever.

Maria wouldn't have believed it if she hadn't seen it with her own eyes - such humble ingredients, when combined in the right way, quite literally made miracles happen. Armed with that knowledge and the newfound status it afforded her, Maria was able to squirrel away a bit of Shine for herself - and now it was up to her to figure out where it would be most useful...

:rip: Mayor Glowku, aka Martina 'The Siren' Varda, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Brewer} was executed on Day 1! :rip:

Night 1 begins now. You have 14 hours from this post to get me any night actions. (Please also let me know if you have a night action and are not using it!) This is a strict limit - if I don't hear from you by that time you will forfeit your night action!

The Outfit will reconvene to continue its discussions between noon and 1 PM EDT tomorrow, 6/27. Be here!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:sludgepal: Please get your actions in! If you did not receive acknowledgement of your action submission, please resend the PM. Given that the night phase was mostly during Sunday night, I'm extending deadline till 1 PM EDT, and game should reopen by 2:30 PM EDT. :sludgepal:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

A new morning dawned on Chicago, greeted by the chirping of birds as they took over from the chittering of rats that ruled the night. The Outfit's members assembled, one by one, to resume their leadership argument discussion from the prior day.

When a handful of people failed to arrive, their absence was noted with the kind of well-honed fatalistic shrug that life in the Outfit breeds. Whatever happened to them, they're dead meat now. Life goes on.

quote:

Giorgia whipped out a comb, brushing her delicately coiffed hair ever so slightly back into place as she surveyed the motley bunch of miscreants she was nominally overseeing tonight. They grunted and sweated, loading crates of Shine into the back of a truck under her bored eye. A few annoyed mutters of "snooty bitch" and "damned woman" reached her ears as a particularly grimy goon manhandled a crate past her, and a fine crease momentarily formed on her forehead. Sighing and pocketing her comb, she beckoned the mutterer over with a bored wave.

"Is there a problem, sweetheart?"

The thug avoided her eye, shuffling his feet and making noncommittal noises. Giorgia frowned, waving the goon away. A heartbeat later, with a flick of Giorgia's wrist, suddenly the back edge of the comb revealed a shining razor edge, pressed against the hapless goon's Adam's apple. "I said. Is. There. A. Problem. Sweet. Heart." Giorgia's normally-soft voice took on a shockingly dangerous tone as her victim dissolved into frantic apologies and pleas for mercy. After letting him sweat for a few moments, Giorgia released him and waved him back to work while setting about undoing the damage that the mild altercation had wrought upon her hair.

"Sad little people. So easy to keep them focused on my flash and dazzle, and leave them wondering about my second trick they'll never see until it's too late..."

...of course, Giorgia wasn't her real name. Sweet little Lesley Winter had come quite a long way from dancing in Morrow's Pub years ago, and she wasn't about to give up her new life or status for anything.

:rip: dongsbot 9000, aka Giorgia 'Two Tricks' Pirillo, aka Lesley Winter, Outfit-Aligned Boss, was filled with lead on Night 1! :rip:

quote:

"Sir! How's the inside treating you?" Iceman leaned closer to the vent placed in the visitation room window, surveying the rumpled figure of the former assistant governor of New York - but still current head of the Mafia families in the city - James Moire himself. "Need me to get you some more cigarettes?"

"No. No, I have another request for you. This one will be a bit more complex, but I have the utmost confidence that you will be able to handle it." Moire checked to make sure none of the guards were watching, before slipping a thin roll of paper out of a sleeve and sliding it through the vent. Iceman grabbed it immediately, tucking it back out of sight. "Buy a train ticket to Chicago. Once you get there, call that number. It will be an useful resource."

"Understood, sir. Resource for what?"

Moire afforded himself a thin - and slightly satisfied - smile. "Haven't you heard? Al Capone's out of the picture. This is our chance to take back what we lost here while the Outfit is in shambles. But being as I'm a bit indisposed at the moment, I'll trust you to do what I cannot.

""Now go. Seize the Shine network of Chicago for the Families."

Without another word, Iceman departed, that smile burning itself into his memory. He was firmly resolved - he would wipe them all out in vengeance for his beautiful city's losses and take their precious Shine back, whatever the cost.

:rip: Infinitum, aka Kevin 'Iceman' Bexley, New York Families-Aligned Boss, was filled with lead on Night 1! :rip:

quote:

There was a time when Zane thought he looked like a real tough customer with a big nasty scar across half of his mug. Living the good life, showing the pretty side to the dames and the dread-inducing eyepatch to the bums that needed to move aside. It was easy livin' - until a certain movie made it into town, by the name of 'The Black Pirate.' And you know what? The swabbie jokes got old real, real fast. Heckled by those he used to lord it over, Zane was a laughingstock - at least until Shine came into town, and he saw a new chance to stand out from the crowd.

Electricity is an amazing thing. There are still folks who remember a time without it, but Zane couldn't imagine what that must have been like. Lights! Power! Machinery! It's not surprising that he gravitated to this particular blend of Shine where others avoided it as 'too dangerous' - the sharp smell of ozone almost never fades from his senses. Electricity was Zane's to wield - and he was going to master it, if it didn't master him first.

:rip: JakeP, aka Zane 'One Eye' Harward, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Reckless Night Vigilante}, was filled with lead on Night 1! :rip:

:beerpal: Day 2 has begun! Deadline is Tuesday, June 28th, at 10:00 PM EDT. :beerpal:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
You sonofabitches didn't save dongs???

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ty for killing infi whoever did that ur a pal

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 2 :beerpal:

Not Voting (20): Absurd Revolver, Adahn1986, Anomalous Amalgam, AnonymousNarcotics, CapitalistPig, curiousCat, flerp, Flying Leatherman, Hal Incandenza, JimsonTheBetrayer, King Burgundy, Li Dawny, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, Quidnose, SirSamVimes, TMMadman, tpink, Truth Quark, VivaNova :rubshands:

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 28th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

Capone chose his lieutenants carefully, often having been heard to remark "Be careful who you call your friends. I’d rather have four quarters than one hundred pennies." Despite that, his apparent determination to spread the Shine trade across as many members of the Outfit as he could struck some as a little out of character...

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im gonna miss dongs though :(

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol Infinitum is such a garbage player.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

flerp posted:

ty for killing infi whoever did that ur a pal

:ghost: fight me irl :ghost:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

dongsbot 9000 posted:

http://tindeck.com/listen/wghdi

spitting some morning bars for all ya'll

may u sing 4ever in the great beyond beautiful piggie

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Infinitum posted:

:ghost: fight me irl :ghost:

i dont fight dead people :smuggo:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also, I don't see any reason to wait and/or hide it, Quidnose is 100% town. He's an honest visitor and visited me. Other than that he's vanilla town.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Lmao Inf good job getting two bosses killed in one night.

At least now we know which of them was town and that Adahn is almost certainly town.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
what a loving death toll19

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Absurd Revolver posted:

what a loving death toll19

what

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Picked an abitrary page to read and got this so time to start reading AA I suppose.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I sided with Infinitum yesterday and said I'd vote Adahn or dongs today. I mean that assassin speculation is pretty strange coming from Adahn and when I prodded him about his role yesterday he kind of laughed it off.

I still don't think he's town and if we aren't lynching bacon bit, then I'll be voting adahn.

So :munch: :munch: :munch:

Pfffbfbbfbfbbfbt.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Adahn1986 posted:

Also, I don't see any reason to wait and/or hide it, Quidnose is 100% town. He's an honest visitor and visited me. Other than that he's vanilla town.

Why would you do this? This is just outright terrible play. You've outed a confirmed town player and put a huge target on his back for no good reason.

Why wouldn't you keep that information quiet and see if anyone tried to attack Quid?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Just lol at all this. I was catching up on the thread this morning while it was locked and Infi, your case on adahn was dumb. "OH HE MENTIONED THE WORD ASSASSIN HOW SUSPICIOUS." I mean WTF.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
And RIP, little piggy. :(

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:eyepop: wow!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

Why would you do this? This is just outright terrible play. You've outed a confirmed town player and put a huge target on his back for no good reason.

Why wouldn't you keep that information quiet and see if anyone tried to attack Quid?

Because he hammered Glowku, who was town. Also, glowku picked Quidnose in the lottery and Quid didn't confirm it.

Honestly, I was going to come in here today and push Quid for lynch.

Honest Visitor is straight-up vanilla town. How does that put a target on his back? I just made it so he will never, ever get lynched.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Guys I think AA is scum and Adahn is dumb (it rhymes).

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i mean, you could do that when quid's in danger of being lynched

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

i mean, you could do that when quid's in danger of being lynched

I also think he's a very intelligent player capable of providing great reads.

His total lack of a useful power role makes him a poor NK target (in my opinion). Now he's free to share his opinions without drawing any kind of suspicion whatsoever.

This all made sense to me when I did it, sorry for screwing up :(

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Adahn1986 posted:

Because he hammered Glowku, who was town. Also, glowku picked Quidnose in the lottery and Quid didn't confirm it.

Honestly, I was going to come in here today and push Quid for lynch.

Honest Visitor is straight-up vanilla town. How does that put a target on his back? I just made it so he will never, ever get lynched.

Are you just brain dead or something? You done stupid poo poo in both games I've played with you.

You had privileged information and know Quid is town and you're first thought is to blab it to the thread instead of just seeing if people would try to attack Quid and sussing out their motives.

It puts a target on his back for night kills because scum won't be a able to get him lynched.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Adahn1986 posted:

I also think he's a very intelligent player capable of providing great reads.

His total lack of a useful power role makes him a poor NK target (in my opinion). Now he's free to share his opinions without drawing any kind of suspicion whatsoever.

This all made sense to me when I did it, sorry for screwing up :(

I agree it would have been better to wait to reveal this unless and until Quid was actually in danger of getting lynched - that way we could have seen who's voting for him, which would have given us some additional info to work with. I don't think anyone was pushing for Quid to be lynched yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
AA:

- Spent all day pushing Glowku (confirmed town), Adahn (probably town), and dongs (confirmed town boss)
- Spent the early part of the day contributing heavily to drunk chat and trying to appear very much like everyone's buddy

I'd vote Adahn or Dong today, vote on Dong for now.

HMMM

I hope I don't spew this PBJ and later.

I usually misread dongs, so I'm willing to back off of it, but the problem then is actually waiting on scrub lurkers to make content.

D1 is a crapshoot regardless.

I'm interested in dong's flip, and I think he might actually be scum this game who decided it would be best to come clean about his role instead of wait and try and sell it to town like a miller would sell their role to town.

Good post covering your bases buddy gotta make sure you can back out!

Then, of course, there's this post:

Excellent catch. Still it seems strange for them to both be in the know about being loved unless it's a coordinated gambit and that seems like a stretch.

I am also not loved, nor had no prior knowledge of that as everything my pregame stuff had to deal with was selecting a PR and a second question which was ambiguous as to whether pr not it helped a player, but it was clear neither I or they would know.

So adahn claiming to be targeted by a player is either him reconciling the actuality of n0 actions or somewhat disingenuous, again though, seems farfetched that both him and MMT would end up with the same effect and that be false.

Which is just bad, I already talked about Quid's "catch" but AA jumped on it like it was real. Its just him continuing to buddy up to as many people as he can.

##vote AA

• Locked thread