Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Also anyone picking on Adahn right now is either dumb or scum. He did a dumb thing, sure, but you're latching onto an easy case against a player who is probably town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

Are you just brain dead or something? You done stupid poo poo in both games I've played with you.

Yay, TMM is town! :j:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Anywho, there's almost certainly a non-outfit aligned boss in Dongs list:

Adahn1986
ANarc
AA
AR
CPig
CCat

I'm most suspicious of:

ANarc, CPig, and CCat due to their relative lack of engagement in a possible attempt to avoid notice. This reads as boss play to me. What are your guys' thoughts? And should we even be hunting this boss or focusing somewhere else?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Truth Quark posted:

Also anyone picking on Adahn right now is either dumb or scum. He did a dumb thing, sure, but you're latching onto an easy case against a player who is probably town.

:agreed:

It's not a move I would have made but I also buy Adahn's explanation for it and I don't think it's scummy.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
The last boss is likely 3P, I would rather spend the day looking for scum personally. There's plenty of garbage from Inf to dig through from yesterday.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Yay, TMM is town! :j:

ROFL seriously. No question that TMM is town this game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Truth Quark posted:

I'm not saying he's scum, I'm just saying he's playing stupidly because he had a perfect opportunity to judge people who would have argued to lynch Quid and instead he immediately blabs it to the thread.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Truth Quark posted:

The last boss is likely 3P, I would rather spend the day looking for scum personally. There's plenty of garbage from Inf to dig through from yesterday.

What makes you think that the last boss is likely 3p?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Well you've made your point, who do you think is scum?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Adahn1986 posted:

Anywho, there's almost certainly a non-outfit aligned boss in Dongs list:

Adahn1986
ANarc
AA
AR
CPig
CCat

I'm most suspicious of:

ANarc, CPig, and CCat due to their relative lack of engagement in a possible attempt to avoid notice. This reads as boss play to me. What are your guys' thoughts? And should we even be hunting this boss or focusing somewhere else?

On that list I'm still most suspicious of AA. But I can see your reasoning on pig and cat.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Murmur Twin posted:

What makes you think that the last boss is likely 3p?

We had a town boss flip and a scum boss flip, I'm operating under the assumption that we don't have duplicate bosses.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
its possible there's two scum teams again and the third one is on the other scum team but idk i dont think it's worth speculating about that atm. what matter is that the other boss is most likely not town aligned and still needs to be killed.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
actually that wouldnt make sense for there to be two scum teams

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
does "new york aligned" necessarily mean scum? Couldn't that be 3p?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
It could be 3p but based on Infinitum's play yesterday I am assuming they are the scum team.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

On that list I'm still most suspicious of AA. But I can see your reasoning on pig and cat.

I don't like to defend people without strong confirmation, but I believe AA is town this game.

He's playing the same as he did in Drawrof, and his knowledge of the lottery (and my current belief that it was for vanilla townies) place him in the town category.

This might sound a little odd, but my pick for scum today is Truth Quark.

He came in, saw that Infin and Dongs were bosses, and thought that Dongs was scummier (despite him pretty obviously playing more of a "town" game than infin).

Subsequently there was back and forth, I believe Infin was hoping to bus TQ as scum, have him killed, get town cred, and ride the game out.

TQ also turned on infinitum as it became pretty clear that infin's gambit failed D1, and it was likely we were going to see infinitum's flip.

Also, TQ insists CONSTANTLY throughout D1 that we shouldn't lynch a boss, despite infinitum being a damned good lynch. I think he wanted infinitum to be able to submit a merc kill and take out dongsbot (which may or may not have happened).

##vote TQ

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
You think I'm scum because you think Infinitum wanted to bus me D1.

Thats a hell of a leap of logic buddy, especially since he repeatedly lumped us together as scumbos.

Also if you do an honest read of D1 you'll see that my opinion shifts from dongs being the scummier pick to Infinitum, because I did not know which of them was town and I was working it out myself.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Adahn1986 posted:

I don't like to defend people without strong confirmation, but I believe AA is town this game.

He's playing the same as he did in Drawrof, and his knowledge of the lottery (and my current belief that it was for vanilla townies) place him in the town category.

This might sound a little odd, but my pick for scum today is Truth Quark.

He came in, saw that Infin and Dongs were bosses, and thought that Dongs was scummier (despite him pretty obviously playing more of a "town" game than infin).

Subsequently there was back and forth, I believe Infin was hoping to bus TQ as scum, have him killed, get town cred, and ride the game out.

TQ also turned on infinitum as it became pretty clear that infin's gambit failed D1, and it was likely we were going to see infinitum's flip.

Also, TQ insists CONSTANTLY throughout D1 that we shouldn't lynch a boss, despite infinitum being a damned good lynch. I think he wanted infinitum to be able to submit a merc kill and take out dongsbot (which may or may not have happened).

##vote TQ

Numerous people have also argued why this is an incorrect assumption. Go back and read AA (and who he spent the whole day trying to lynch) and tell me you have a solid town read on him.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
awareness of the lottery does not mean that they are town. scum can be easily aware of the lottery even if they werent allowed to actually be in it. adahn plz stop using that as evidence for someone being town it means nothing.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Adahn1986 posted:

Also, I don't see any reason to wait and/or hide it, Quidnose is 100% town. He's an honest visitor and visited me. Other than that he's vanilla town.

I also inherited the Outfit Boss from Dongs when he died, presumably. I can order a kill tonight if we want to coordinate that, since I am 100% town.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Oh god now Quid is 100% dead tonight unless the doc gets their head out of their rear end

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I guess maybe I shouldn't have shared that either but with Adahn outing me and the NK almost certainly coming my way, now the NK IS coming my way since I am a boss (who presumably scum want to off), and scum will have to choose whether to Roleblock my kill order (if they have one) or NK me and eat a kill order.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Quidnose posted:

I also inherited the Outfit Boss from Dongs when he died, presumably. I can order a kill tonight if we want to coordinate that, since I am 100% town.

are you saying you're both an honest neighbor and a universal shine backup?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

I guess maybe I shouldn't have shared that either but with Adahn outing me and the NK almost certainly coming my way, now the NK IS coming my way since I am a boss (who presumably scum want to off), and scum will have to choose whether to Roleblock my kill order (if they have one) or NK me and eat a kill order.

There's absolutely zero reason for scum to target vanilla town. They have a strong disincentive, as they'd rather kill power roles.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
But yes, now you are dead.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Absurd Revolver posted:

I was not a Universal Shine Backup. I was just handed this role. I still retail my Honest Visitor shine ability, it's the other part of my role that changed.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

There's absolutely zero reason for scum to target vanilla town. They have a strong disincentive, as they'd rather kill power roles.

I disagree, you take 100% confirmed town into DULO and it makes the pool a lot easier. People off cop-confirmed folks all the time as NK's to sow seeds of confusion.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Adahn there are numerous reasons for scum to kill confirmed town, not the least of which is you do not want confirmed town alive at lylo.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TQ I told you I was going to post that in the scumdoc, geez

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Please just accept that you made a mistake because you arguing about literally everything you say is very annoying.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Talking to Adahn, not Quid.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

lolol

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
ok I'm reading everything one more time before I really post but uh
was anyone else temporarily "loved" for day 1?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

curiousCat posted:

ok I'm reading everything one more time before I really post but uh
was anyone else temporarily "loved" for day 1?

Yes lots of people

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Quidnose posted:

TQ I told you I was going to post that in the scumdoc, geez

I haven't read the scumdoc I'm trying to brush up my town game

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

Please just accept that you made a mistake because you arguing about literally everything you say is very annoying.

I'm sorry that you're annoyed. As the ultimate authority on whether or not someone can disagree about something, I'll accede the point to you.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Quidnose posted:

Yes lots of people

just off random events? that's... I don't even know what to make of that.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm glad we agree

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Absurd Revolver posted:

Boss isn't a shine role. So I guess he was either a boss backup or a universal backup. That fits with what I said earlier about shine roles not only being for vanillas.

I still like the case on AA.

Adahn made a dumb move but infinitum probably wasn't tunneling his scumbro on day 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Quidnose + Adahn = dream team. :allears:

• Locked thread