Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Here's my case on AS from yesterday

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I think this is probably a huge town slapfight and scum are just sitting back and :munch:ing

In Disney Princesses, infinitum did some fun and hilarious song writing which caused him to coast for a very long time. Turns out he was scum. I'm not gonna let someone get away with trying to entertain the thread to stay alive again.

Notice that AA's story of rereading the thread actually has very little content. There's nothing to back up any of his suspicions or vote. It's more like a summary of the thread than commentary and that is inherently scummy.

##vote aa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Mafia edit: my case on AA. Stupid auto correct

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Murmur Twin posted:

Yay, TMM is town! :j:

King Burgundy posted:

ROFL seriously. No question that TMM is town this game.

So this is probably some meta thing I don't know about, but what is it about TMM's posting that signals town to you?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

Why would there be multiple town-aligned bosses that's stupid.

Today better be one of Infinitum/dongs imo, and my money is on songs.

Also we really should be careful with that ability because trading three townies for one scum is not worth.

I see that you knew Infinitum was a boss long before I worked it out, TQ.

Good job! So you went through the same thought processes and Infinitum didn't call you out on it?

Or did you know he was a boss beforehand, because you learned it from the scumdoc?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
No I used my brain and read Infintum and dongsbot's posts.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Adahn1986 posted:

I see that you knew Infinitum was a boss long before I worked it out, TQ.

Good job! So you went through the same thought processes and Infinitum didn't call you out on it?

Or did you know he was a boss beforehand, because you learned it from the scumdoc?

Can you show your work here, I'm interested

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

No I used my brain and read Infintum and dongsbot's posts.

Yeah, me too, it just took me a LOT longer. You immediately jumped to the conclusion that Infinitum was a boss, even though he was clearly trying to hide it. It wasn't immediately obvious to everyone, was it? No?

I just think it's strange that you spent a few posts talking about how infinitum was a boss, but Infinitum jumped on ME for having 'inside information' and being able to draw conclusions from Dongsbot's revelations.

No, it's not just strange. I think you scumslipped. That was a little bit too much info given too freely, too early. You weren't THAT engaged, yet you KNEW Infinitum was a boss.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Infinitum posted:

This isn't a gambit by the by

sry just wanted to lol at this post

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Adahn1986 posted:

There's absolutely zero reason for scum to target vanilla town. They have a strong disincentive, as they'd rather kill power roles.

For future game, stop thinking about NKs being based on what roles people might have and instead think of about possible lynch targets.

When you come out and say Quid is the honest visitor and is now 100% town, it means that scum can't make any kind of argument to lynch him and that makes him a thorn in their side. Now sure sometimes it's handy to know if a player is lurky, but Quid is usually pretty active and gets attacked a lot.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I read that dongsbot and Infinitum both had a snoop ability and put 2 and 2 together.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i snooped absurd, adahn, aa, an, cpig, ccat and got positive result too

It wasn't that hard.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Sorry ya'll move so much faster than I'm used to, and I was trapped on a cell phone with no SA access for the weekend. Moving on, I'll work to be better at keeping up.

Thank you whoever killed Infini, glad that one went through. I don't like the glowku lynch but that's easy to say as someone who was desperately trying to catch up and couldn't manage it before dayend, I actually kind of disagree with you, anarc? I feel like infinitium was already kind of giving up the ghost by the end of d1 and if he tunneled onto someone who nobody really was paying attention to, that's an excellent way to give them a weird semi-clear in the eyes of town? I'm really not sure whether that's a thing over here but that's a thing I've seen before.

My post that I had yesterday was longer but it was basically "infini is scum and here's why" and now that's not exactly groundbreaking

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Why the gently caress would there be 2 bosses?

:psyduck:

There's only 1 town-boss.

My boss.

He's in the slammer.

And his name is Al Capone.

:colbert:

Infinitum was still trying to claim that he wasn't a boss role, just that he had a snoop ability. I think here he was trying to clean up your mess, and when it didn't work you guys made a point of turning on each other so that whoever survived could claim some kind of town credit.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
This is almost immediately after you were saying that infinitum was a boss, mind you.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Do I need to quote that dongsbot post again or is this another time you are just going to keep hammering on an incorrect point?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

There's nothing to suggest either of them is town.

That said, we are kind of in a bad spot with regards to the bosses. They get a boon when they're the last boss standing, and scum can easily NK the town boss whenever they want. Its probably not in their best interest to do that right away, since whichever boss is left alive is probably getting lynched next, but they'll have it in their pocket all game.

We might be better served by letting the cop investigate one of them, and then at some point later in the game they can clear it up and we can lynch scum. I'm honestly not sure what the best way to deal with it is but I am thinking lynching either of them is a bad idea today.

Knowing that Infinitum was a scum boss, you were really the only one who argued for keeping bosses alive as long as possible.

Your argument never really made sense to me, though. You kept referring to it, but with the power scum bosses hold I see no reason at all for keeping them alive.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Adahn1986 posted:

Knowing that Infinitum was a scum boss, you were really the only one who argued for keeping bosses alive as long as possible.

Your argument never really made sense to me, though. You kept referring to it, but with the power scum bosses hold I see no reason at all for keeping them alive.

Sure, but were you really 100% sure Infinitum is scum? What if we lynched him and SURPRISE he was actually the town boss, then we have no NK to take down dongsbot and no way of knowing what happens if only one boss is left.

Instead, we didn't lynch either of them, they both got NK'd and we are left with a town boss and one other unknown boss. I call that a win for town.

I realize I am arguing with a brick wall though!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I would like to point out it would have gone even better if a doc had protected dongsbot. He might've gotten strongman'd but hopefully they only have limited uses of that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You're assuming a doctor has any shine, TQ.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Was our doctor non-shine last game? Was this the game I tried to claim Doc and got dunked even though I was uncounterclaimed? Too many games :v:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Quidnose posted:

You're assuming a doctor has any shine, TQ.

I don't think this is a big assumption?

I'm assuming a lot of things in that post tbh but its all setup spec.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
That's all I've really got, though!

AA's pushing for lynching of me (good lynch target due to Infinitum's insanity), Glowku (also good lynch target due to infinitum), or dongs (possible scum boss if you're feeling really dark) is all fairly reasonable to me.

There are a LOT of connections between you and Infinitum, TQ, not the least of which was Infinitum's public announcment that he was going to merc you.

Knowing that he's a scum boss, I think I said earlier that I thought it was a ploy to get a scumbro killed and gain town cred, such that if you died and flipped scum he could say that he "called it".

Despite this, there is a lot of pressure on AA today, and I certainly could be reading him wrong this game. Unless something changes he's probably the one who will be lynched, even though I think he'll flip town.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

curiousCat posted:

Sorry ya'll move so much faster than I'm used to, and I was trapped on a cell phone with no SA access for the weekend. Moving on, I'll work to be better at keeping up.

Thank you whoever killed Infini, glad that one went through. I don't like the glowku lynch but that's easy to say as someone who was desperately trying to catch up and couldn't manage it before dayend, I actually kind of disagree with you, anarc? I feel like infinitium was already kind of giving up the ghost by the end of d1 and if he tunneled onto someone who nobody really was paying attention to, that's an excellent way to give them a weird semi-clear in the eyes of town? I'm really not sure whether that's a thing over here but that's a thing I've seen before.

My post that I had yesterday was longer but it was basically "infini is scum and here's why" and now that's not exactly groundbreaking

Cat I don't think you understand what I was saying. Infinitum was tunneling adahn ALL of day 1. Not just towards the end. I'm saying adahn probably isn't scum bc why would infinitum be bussing him super hard from the beginning

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hes infinitum

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

Sure, but were you really 100% sure Infinitum is scum? What if we lynched him and SURPRISE he was actually the town boss, then we have no NK to take down dongsbot and no way of knowing what happens if only one boss is left.

Instead, we didn't lynch either of them, they both got NK'd and we are left with a town boss and one other unknown boss. I call that a win for town.

I realize I am arguing with a brick wall though!

I'm never 100% certain of anything. However, read Dongsbot if you get a chance. The odds of him being scum were near zero. I also think the odds of there being two town-aligned bosses is near zero (town shouldn't so easily control a NK).

So, we absolutely should have lynched infinitum yesterday.

At least he's dead!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Most people would conclude that Infinitum was pushing town players for lynching D1, you are taking the WIFOM route and concluding that we must be cahoots.

There is literally no way to argue against this because we both have the same exact facts available to us, but you are starting from the assumption that I am scum and so everything is lining up nicely in your head to "prove" it.

Ask yourself this: what benefit does Infinitum gain by killing a member of his own team on day 1? He might get some town cred but as a confirmed boss, its only a matter of time before he gets called out, investigated, or merc'd. Its a bad play.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

Most people would conclude that Infinitum was pushing town players for lynching D1, you are taking the WIFOM route and concluding that we must be cahoots.

There is literally no way to argue against this because we both have the same exact facts available to us, but you are starting from the assumption that I am scum and so everything is lining up nicely in your head to "prove" it.

Ask yourself this: what benefit does Infinitum gain by killing a member of his own team on day 1? He might get some town cred but as a confirmed boss, its only a matter of time before he gets called out, investigated, or merc'd. Its a bad play.

He never voted you, TQ. He said he was submitting your name to the merc. If you're scum, he'd never do it. It just means if you flip, he gets credit for it.

Also, he bussed me incredibly hard for having "inside information" and "knowing" that he was a boss.

You came out and called him a boss an hour before I did, he interacted with you, and he never brought that up.

Also, the entire time he was going after me, you never said a peep in my defense.

There was no, "Hey, it was pretty obvious that you were a boss Infinitum, remember how I figured it out first and we were chatting about it before Adahn chimed in?"

You were dead silent on the issue? One interpretation was that you simply didn't care. Another is that you don't mess with a scumbro while he's bussing a townie.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't see any reason to not post this and I can't say much else until tonight busy work day filled with problems.

Anyhow I'm. Outfit aligned cop. I tried to crumb this with the rolling stop post, syop sign rolling stop gets you a fine. Then I made that law and order fake post.

I am out of a shine and wasted my cop on flying leatherman because I thought they came in pretty suspect, but they're just a lurker who is also outfit-aligned.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also I think anarc and tq might be scum.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
You're right, I didn't care, and therefore had no interest in defending you. There was nothing about you that screamed town and I wasn't sure which of Inf or dongs was town yet. Infinitum was pretty clear he thought you and I were scumbros, he never voted me because his vote was on you.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I don't see any reason to not post this and I can't say much else until tonight busy work day filled with problems.

Anyhow I'm. Outfit aligned cop. I tried to crumb this with the rolling stop post, syop sign rolling stop gets you a fine. Then I made that law and order fake post.

I am out of a shine and wasted my cop on flying leatherman because I thought they came in pretty suspect, but they're just a lurker who is also outfit-aligned.

##unvote you're claiming VT {Cop} ?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

You're right, I didn't care, and therefore had no interest in defending you. There was nothing about you that screamed town and I wasn't sure which of Inf or dongs was town yet. Infinitum was pretty clear he thought you and I were scumbros, he never voted me because his vote was on you.

Nothing about me that screamed town. Awesome.

If someone goes after someone else with bad logic, the town move is to defend them. You came to the same conclusions about Infinitum without having inside information and could have stood up for me.

That's how townies end up getting lynched. That's how it ended up with Glowku (could have easily been me) on the block instead of infinitum, who you yourself said was "probably a scum boss but we MUSTN'T lynch him".

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Adahn1986 posted:

Nothing about me that screamed town. Awesome.

If someone goes after someone else with bad logic, the town move is to defend them. You came to the same conclusions about Infinitum without having inside information and could have stood up for me.

That's how townies end up getting lynched. That's how it ended up with Glowku (could have easily been me) on the block instead of infinitum, who you yourself said was "probably a scum boss but we MUSTN'T lynch him".

Its almost like we're playing a game of a informed minority vs an uninformed majority! :aaaaa:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
You guys are slapfighting and it's boring. Quid were you loved on the first day? Is anyone loved today?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Is... is all of this claiming normal for around here?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Being out of shine I think claiming is useful. If I could cop without it, and didn't think I might be gwtting pushed by scum I'd have stayed quiet, but with no guarantee of extra shine, the least I can do is confirm at least one player's alignment.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote ANarc

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

You guys are slapfighting and it's boring. Quid were you loved on the first day? Is anyone loved today?

Oh poo poo I forgot you were in this game.

curiousCat posted:

Is... is all of this claiming normal for around here?

Also there are a LOT of people pushing AA today. It's probably a good idea to claim, else he'd be the lynch and we'd waste a lot of time hounding him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

tpink posted:

So this is probably some meta thing I don't know about, but what is it about TMM's posting that signals town to you?

Town TMM is argumentative and prioritizes being right. Scum TMM is polite and prioritizes appearing helpful to town.

Of course, I bring this up every time we play together and at this point it's all WIFOM but I have a town read on TMM this game.

JakeP posted:

##vote quidnose

i think hes scum, he did this in past games where he lays a hinky vote on me for no reason and then just doubles down on it throughout the day, and does nothing else

also if he is town hes just gonna be an idiot and throw the game anyway

I went back to try and see who Jake might have targetted to see if we could confirm a townie and from what I can see he probably targetted Quid :j::arghfist:

Looking over some people now, cases soon.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also a second question for those of you who played the previous shine game - what was the name of the scum? Was it the feds or was it another outfit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Also a second question for those of you who played the previous shine game - what was the name of the scum? Was it the feds or was it another outfit?

I was a federal agent scum in the first game and mafia was also scum

• Locked thread