Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Moatillata posted:

Also a second question for those of you who played the previous shine game - what was the name of the scum? Was it the feds or was it another outfit?

Yes. As in they were both present, we had two scum teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
##vote Li Dawny

Li Dawny posted:

Making one post for my finishing catching up, how did you post so much while I slept? Anyway, I'm always down for an Adahn lynch, and this case is pretty enticing, because I've played as scum with him and he buckles down on previous statements like they're law when there's pressure on him...and that's what I see right now.

Reading more

AN does have a point that this looks a bit like a town slap fight, and we do have 9 hours, so is voting absolutely necessary right now? It's still so early that most people haven't checked in. I mean, I understand Infi voting because he's probably going to bed soon (sleep well!) and needs to put forth what he can before the deadline (which he may not be up for) but why are there still so many votes out without actual cases to support them? That's what's suspicious to me.

LD, in order:

(a) puts out Adahn as a scum read
(b) agrees with ANarc that Infi (!) / Adahn (?) is a town slapfight
(c) questions why there are so many votes out without cases (while excusing Infi for it)

then..

Li Dawny posted:

Okay, we need to all figure out who we are/are not willing to vote today because I'm having genuine concern over if we're going to get a lynch in today.

---

I could actually see Glowku being scum with his rush in and disappear tactic, which we all agree is scum 101, but I don't know if we can get a drive behind it. I'm putting out my feels vote ##vote Glowku but I am concerned over wether lynching him is possible with how lurky people have been so far.

(d) without making any cases, frets that we might not get a lynch before deadline
(e) moves to Glowku with a sort of resignation

LD - what's your read on Adahn right now? If you thought he was acting consistent with his scum game, why didn't you case him instead of moving to Glowku?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

VivaNova posted:

Best votes: Infin, AR, AA, MG.

Infin misrepresented his role initially. However, I understand that as a boss he wants others bosses dead, and if he really is town aligned, he might believe that no rival bosses are as well. Currently he has it in his head that adahn is a scum boss, though I feel there's insufficient evidence to back this up on both counts. Most of the points in his case are plainly wrong or super reaching. I would very much like to kill him for poor casing and arguably anti-town play. For mechanics reasons, I'm not sure it's a great idea to kill a boss today though. I'm open to discussing this.

As much as I don't want Viva to be scum :ohdear:, I feel like this like of thinking is suspicious, like Viva was acknowledging that Infi was scummy but trying to dissuade people from voting for him.

Viva - is AA still your strongest read?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Li Dawny

LD, in order:

(a) puts out Adahn as a scum read
(b) agrees with ANarc that Infi (!) / Adahn (?) is a town slapfight
(c) questions why there are so many votes out without cases (while excusing Infi for it)

then..

(d) without making any cases, frets that we might not get a lynch before deadline
(e) moves to Glowku with a sort of resignation

LD - what's your read on Adahn right now? If you thought he was acting consistent with his scum game, why didn't you case him instead of moving to Glowku?

I didn't case Adahn because there weren't even enough active players to pull off a lynch on Adahn, so what was the point? So that today you could say that I supported Infi's arguments so I must be his scumbro? I know that's what you're reaching for with my early votes comment, when I only excused Infi from it because of his living on the other side of the globe. And after all the crap that went down last night I'm not sure on Adahn anymore, would Infi bus a scumbro like that, or maybe one of them (Adahn/Infi) is 3p, because any line of thought concerning Infi and Adahn is WIFOM af. Adahn on his own is behaving pretty scummy, or was yesterday (day 1), but I can only meta argue that and the last time I did Adahn was rather rude, so I won't do it again.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

This is such an OMGUS. Me and TQ both think you're scum. TQ unvotes and now you vote me. Oh please. If you actually think I'm scum, make a case. Btw I don't believe your shine role claim. Since roles are in the OP it's really easy to just claim whatever you want, and if you are scum, you can obviously say you cleared someone because you guys know who isn't scum.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
well wouldnt someone be able to cc that because id presume that somebody would choose the cop role

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

I didn't case Adahn because there weren't even enough active players to pull off a lynch on Adahn, so what was the point? So that today you could say that I supported Infi's arguments so I must be his scumbro? I know that's what you're reaching for with my early votes comment, when I only excused Infi from it because of his living on the other side of the globe. And after all the crap that went down last night I'm not sure on Adahn anymore, would Infi bus a scumbro like that, or maybe one of them (Adahn/Infi) is 3p, because any line of thought concerning Infi and Adahn is WIFOM af. Adahn on his own is behaving pretty scummy, or was yesterday (day 1), but I can only meta argue that and the last time I did Adahn was rather rude, so I won't do it again.

Fair enough, is there anyone you think is particularly suspicious at this point in time?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

In Shine 1, Jimson came off as really scummy to me (by posting a ton) and ended up being town. This game he seems way more reserved.

I can't believe I'm arguing that Jimson might be scum because he's not acting as scummy as he usually does, but it's on my mind so I figured I'd put it out there.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

flerp posted:

well wouldnt someone be able to cc that because id presume that somebody would choose the cop role

why would a cop cc here

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
to kill a scumbo fake claiming cop????

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I think more than one person can have the same shine role. Either that or someone in this thread is lying.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah i just had that thought but idk

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Moatillata posted:

You guys are slapfighting and it's boring. Quid were you loved on the first day? Is anyone loved today?

I was not. Dunno what happened with that, since Glowku flipped town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Only I'm actually a cop and crumbed it twice. Start of the game and before glowku claimed in case he was scum pushing a cop gambit.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm seriously getting scum vibes from you ANarc, its more of a meta read admittedly. Same for TQ.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm seriously getting scum vibes from you ANarc, its more of a meta read admittedly. Same for TQ.

Can you go into more detail?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
been out of commission today but i've kept up with the thread

I don't see any reason to not post this and I can't say much else until tonight busy work day filled with problems.

Anyhow I'm. Outfit aligned cop. I tried to crumb this with the rolling stop post, syop sign rolling stop gets you a fine. Then I made that law and order fake post.

I am out of a shine and wasted my cop on flying leatherman because I thought they came in pretty suspect, but they're just a lurker who is also outfit-aligned.

this is suspicious, it feels like a planned attempt to use a shine cop claim to ameliorate the heat he built up with his arguments

also i doubt there is more than one shine cop, at least a cop that uses shine to use that power, on the outfit side of things, so i would believe a cc

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like I said, im fine dying.

Im out of shine.

Flying leatherman investigated outfit-aligned.

Kill me and im good with it, because you scum will get scrutinized because of it.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I think more than one person can have the same shine role. Either that or someone in this thread is lying.

this is basically the thing I am thinking of right now and the reason why I don't think a counterclaim in a setup with the shine variable is necessarily good

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Like I said, im fine dying.

Im out of shine.

you really shouldnt be

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

flerp posted:

you really shouldnt be

He shouldn't be what? Fine dying or out of shine?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

you really shouldnt be

Here's my reasoning.

Could be another town cop given lottery format.

Even if there isn't I confirmed at least one town

It would be silly to keep me alive now that I'm outed because I would either need a a brewer and a doctor to follow me for me to be viable by night 3, when there are probably better candidates.

And all that is provided the doctor has shine and there are town brewers left.

so my confirmation by death if it comes to it will help town id scum that are pretty brazenly scum imo.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

My guess is that there can be more than one brewer. I would imagine the other roles are one per.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

This feels again like a whole ton of setup spec and not a lot of scumhunting. I know I am guilty of contributing to this and have done jack poo poo to scum hunt personally, but we're basically letting scum sit around saying nothing.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

This feels again like a whole ton of setup spec and not a lot of scumhunting. I know I am guilty of contributing to this and have done jack poo poo to scum hunt personally, but we're basically letting scum sit around saying nothing.

Peep my case on LD and let me know what you think?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Quidnose posted:

I agree, but I think we have hammered the same people over and over. I tend to believe AAs claim and I doubt that Adahn is scum. MMT has thrown some opinions out but nothing has gained traction. I was actually gonna call you out for your lack of scum hunting bc in previous games you have been so much more on it.

Actually, this is deja vu all over again:

Quidnose posted:

I really think we should be scumhunting instead of blindly following lists of people who's alignments we do not know. This post reeks of capitalizing on this distraction and going after a whole bunch of chaindunks without taking any responsibility for doing so. Would vote FL.

Also, this amount of low effort doesn't seem like you:

Quidnose posted:

Why did Glowku get all those votes in the beginning? Can someone remind me I don't feel like reading back

Also one more question, who did you pick for your n0 friend-o?

Quidnose posted:

My pick breadcrumbed being loved so I think that did do it. Not sure what to make of Adahn announcing that to thread, that feels fairly town. Scum would have just left that alone until we thought we had hammered and hand't, most likely.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Like I said earlier. I was going to case Quid hard today based on his play.

But he's absolutely town this game so going after him is pointless.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Adahn1986 posted:

Like I said earlier. I was going to case Quid hard today based on his play.

But he's absolutely town this game so going after him is pointless.

I'm just trying to get him t

Yeah but maybe light a fire and get him to start quidnosing it up esp since he's not gonna last the night

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'm re reading dongs now since he and JakeP are the only confirmed town we have to go on. He hits on TQ a little bit too (in-between pot shots at adahn).

Also rereading reckless night vig it seems to me that if you target outfit it backfires and kills you instead. Leaving outfit alive. So my guess would be scum nk dongs, dongs has his assassin/strongman/Sammy the bull kill inf and then JakeP tries to nk quid who comes back outfit And backfires.

Taking this logical leap (since looking at JakeP's posts it's pretty obv he thinks quid is scum) would clear quid and then adahn by association. rereading the whole interactions around the boss fest with this knowledge might yield some insight but I cant be hosed to do it right now bc of phone battery restrictions.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Adahn is definitely town. Scum would withold the information about a night visit and just share it in the doc.

Do we know if New York Family is scum or 3p?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
When I reread the flip I noticed it didn't say anything about being outfit aligned for infinitum. It makes me think that New York was scum since all Town related peeps are outfit aligned

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

Adahn is definitely town. Scum would withold the information about a night visit and just share it in the doc.

Do we know if New York Family is scum or 3p?

I would assume scum (first Shine game had two scumteams, plus the role of "boss" + the team name "family" to me implies multiple people in that group).

SSV - How would knowing the answer to this affect your reads? It feels more like something scum would wonder than something town would wonder.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Adahn1986 posted:

I just think it's strange that you spent a few posts talking about how infinitum was a boss, but Infinitum jumped on ME for having 'inside information' and being able to draw conclusions from Dongsbot's revelations.
Huh. Infini did the same to me as well, though it was totally obvi he was claiming boss. If he really didn't jump on TQ for the same thing that's legit suspicious. Need to reread in context.

Murmur Twin posted:

As much as I don't want Viva to be scum :ohdear:, I feel like this like of thinking is suspicious, like Viva was acknowledging that Infi was scummy but trying to dissuade people from voting for him.

Viva - is AA still your strongest read?
I'm not scum, so don't worry yourself. I assure you I would have dearly loved to vote Infin at that point, as his case on adahn was one of the worst cases I have ever seen!!! There were a couple reasons I voted AA instead of him:

1. I felt there was a decent chance he wouldn't make it through the night-bosses want to off each other
2. his role was confusing things for me because I understood why he might have motivation to misrepresent his info as a town boss

I really wanted people to respond to and discuss my Infini points, but if anyone did I missed it. I honestly don't have enough time for these games anymore and it makes me sad.

Probably, AA still is but he did just claim cop so idk. I didn't read the end of yesterday yet.

Absurd Revolver posted:

also i doubt there is more than one shine cop, at least a cop that uses shine to use that power, on the outfit side of things, so i would believe a cc
Hm. All evidence indicates that everyone in the lottery got what they asked for so.... this sorta looks like an attempt to out more cops?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Murmur Twin posted:

I would assume scum (first Shine game had two scumteams, plus the role of "boss" + the team name "family" to me implies multiple people in that group).

SSV - How would knowing the answer to this affect your reads? It feels more like something scum would wonder than something town would wonder.

The reason I'm wondering this is as I mentioned before, I was in another game with the boss mechanic and in that setup the 3p boss becomes a second scumteam with the SK if he's the last one.

I'd say it's beneficial to town to know whether or not we have a second scumteam on the field.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SirSamVimes posted:

The reason I'm wondering this is as I mentioned before, I was in another game with the boss mechanic and in that setup the 3p boss becomes a second scumteam with the SK if he's the last one.

I'd say it's beneficial to town to know whether or not we have a second scumteam on the field.

I believe it's highly probable or at least multiple 3p given the first game and the size of this game.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I think the most information from a flip would be a TQ lynch based on what I've read so far

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Moatillata posted:

I think the most information from a flip would be a TQ lynch based on what I've read so far

So you don't think I'm scum but you want to lynch mean anyway?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm probably spoiling the surprise here but I'm pretty sure the reason Inf didn't gun for me as hard D1 is because I didn't appear on either of the boss' lists.

Stop trying to make up poo poo on me please.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

VivaNova posted:

Huh. Infini did the same to me as well, though it was totally obvi he was claiming boss. If he really didn't jump on TQ for the same thing that's legit suspicious. Need to reread in context.
I checked this out. It's not really the same situation and Infin did spend a lot of time calling TQ scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Reread the end of the day yesterday:

I previously worried about SSV, but I'm null on him now.

I'm not sure its reasonable to assume that only town were involved in the lotto.

AA dropped a vote on Infin at -30. Something I used to do as scum was drop a vote on a bro when it was obvi there was no chance to get any traction on him. It seems especially opportunistic since there seemed a decent chance Infin was gonna be killed soon.

I still find AR's vote on adahn after infin's case to be the worst vote yesterday.

Hal is def someone to watch.

• Locked thread