Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i was going into their old animation damnation and in the one for the sonic cartoon and they spend a bit trashing megaman x, i am sure they got a ton of hate mail for that, egoraptor spit out his orange soda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
WTF? How is it possible to dislike Mega Man X?

I'm beginning to suspect that 3 guys who've seen terrible movies upwards of 20 times may not have the best taste.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Count Chocula posted:

WTF? How is it possible to dislike Mega Man X?

I'm beginning to suspect that 3 guys who've seen terrible movies upwards of 20 times may not have the best taste.

They hate the extra story iirc

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The original Mega Man X had about as much story as the later NES Mega Man games, so I think it's just a case of, "I haven't played this poo poo in 10 years and forgot everything about it," which is fine. It's only past about X3 or X4 where the game starts turning into a stonefaced anime saga.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Can someone, from memory, name all the Street Fighter 2 versions and variations

Violator
May 15, 2003

Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2: Championship Edition
Street Fighter 2 Turbo Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter 2
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

I think that's it. I was a monthly reader of EGM so I think I've got it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

"Turbo Hyper Fighting" is such a good title.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Their Nolte episodes are my favorite dumb thing.

And now I'll be sad tomorrow when I check my podcast feed and realize I've already listened to this week's episode.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Vermain posted:

The original Mega Man X had about as much story as the later NES Mega Man games, so I think it's just a case of, "I haven't played this poo poo in 10 years and forgot everything about it," which is fine. It's only past about X3 or X4 where the game starts turning into a stonefaced anime saga.

Yeah probably just a negative rental experience

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
They obviously don't care about or follow video games so I can't really fault them for having unusual opinions on them. If anything it's kind of refreshing to have guys doing a podcast on such a nerdy topic while still having such a huge blindspot.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Eric's joke that Canada gained independence in 1982 is actually mostly true:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriation

quote:

Patriation was the political process that led to Canadian sovereignty, culminating in 1982. Until that date, Canada was governed by a constitution composed of British laws that could be changed only by acts of the British parliament, albeit only with the consent of the Canadian government.

The patriation process saw the provinces granted influence in constitutional matters and resulted in the constitution being amendable by Canada only and according to the Canadian amending formula, with no role for the Parliament of the United Kingdom. Hence, patriation is associated with the acquisition of full sovereignty.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Eric is always making jokes that reveal his nerdy interests.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Eric is always making jokes that reveal his nerdy interests.

"It's set in modern Canada, not old-time Canada."
"Canada now is 'old-time' Canada." - Freddy vs. Jason episode

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Nick Nolte would have been great as a more unhinged Cliegg Lars.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Violator posted:

Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2: Championship Edition
Street Fighter 2 Turbo Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter 2
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

I think that's it. I was a monthly reader of EGM so I think I've got it.

you missed Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm continually amazed by the number of absolute chowderheads that exist in this world.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Speaking of chowderheads, wonder what kicked this off.

quote:

We Hate Movies ‏@WHMPodcast
Here's the deal. We're happy to entertain all forms of stupid Internet banter. But the second we get a whiff of prejudice, you're blocked.

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/747812868331020289

Luckily I wasn't blocked for calling WHM the anime of podcasts :sweatdrop:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

Speaking of chowderheads, wonder what kicked this off.

The aforementioned chowderhead posted a tweet threatening to call Eric's boss and tell him he was gay, which he almost immediately deleted.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Vermain posted:

The aforementioned chowderhead posted a tweet threatening to call Eric's boss and tell him he was gay, which he almost immediately deleted.
Wow...that really tells you all you need to know about that guy, huh?

e: Man, that guy loves his loving hashtags, doesn't he?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Are soccer fans the worst sports fans?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GrandpaPants posted:

Are soccer fans the worst sports fans?

Well, to answer a question with a question, are anime fans the worst?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Over the weekend I was watching TCM and I caught maybe 75% of a movie where these kids murder people. Their ring leader is a blonde girl and she gets two boys to take a bat to her dads head and make it look like he fell on some stairs. One kid takes a .357 revolver to a couple fuckin in a van. In short, this movie was amazing. Having a hell of a time running down the title of the drat thing!

Is this something up WHMs alley?

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 28, 2016

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
This new episode is pretty funny, but I can only listen to it in short bursts because the sheer volume of Nolte impressions is literally hurting my ears.

EDIT: "Volume", in every sense of the word.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

Over the weekend I was watching TCM and I caught maybe 75% of a movie where these kids murder people. Their ring leader is a blonde girl and she gets two boys to take a bat to her dads head and make it look like he fell on some stairs. One kid takes a .357 revolver to a couple fuckin in a van. In short, this movie was amazing.

Was it about kids who were born under a certain star sign that meant they didn't have souls? That sounds like a movie RLM covered once.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

MariusLecter posted:

Over the weekend I was watching TCM and I caught maybe 75% of a movie where these kids murder people. Their ring leader is a blonde girl and she gets two boys to take a bat to her dads head and make it look like he fell on some stairs. One kid takes a .357 revolver to a couple fuckin in a van. In short, this movie was amazing.

That movie is called Bloody Birthday, and they straight up already did it on their sideshow Side Order of Sleaze :D

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Evil Mastermind posted:

Was it about kids who were born under a certain star sign that meant they didn't have souls? That sounds like a movie RLM covered once.

I think it was just the blonde girl ring leader who was born without a soul. The other kids she Manson Family'd were just assholes.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

DoombatINC posted:

That movie is called Bloody Birthday, and they straight up already did it on their sideshow Side Order of Sleaze :D

Oh poo poo! Thanks! :D

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yup, that's the one I was thinking of. I just couldn't remember the name.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
drat that's edgy!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this dude's twitter feed :stare:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
sorry but if you think Suckerpunch is Oscar Isaac's worst role I don't know what to tell ya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBVExpGMuB0

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

MariusLecter posted:

Well, to answer a question with a question, are anime fans the worst?

Soccer fans are the anime fans of sports fans.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

TheFallenEvincar posted:

sorry but if you think Suckerpunch is Oscar Isaac's worst role I don't know what to tell ya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBVExpGMuB0

I think they meant worst movie he's in as they really, really don't like Suckerpunch.

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
I take it they didn't see Madonna's Wallis Simpson movie W./E., because guess who's in that?

Also, so loving pumped for the guys to tackle Wild Wild West. All aboard the giant spider train!

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

MariusLecter posted:

Over the weekend I was watching TCM and I caught maybe 75% of a movie where these kids murder people. Their ring leader is a blonde girl and she gets two boys to take a bat to her dads head and make it look like he fell on some stairs. One kid takes a .357 revolver to a couple fuckin in a van. In short, this movie was amazing. Having a hell of a time running down the title of the drat thing!

Sounds like the Aussie flick Suburban Mayhem.

AMERICAN soccer fans are the anime fans of sports. Everywhere else in the world, they're just the default.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
So I hope you all make sure that live show is loving sold out.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

:yikes:

MinibarMatchman posted:

this dude's twitter feed :stare:

You're not kidding, this dude's a little crazy

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 29, 2016

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Vermain posted:

That loving sucks! poo poo like that is what got "Yeah, it's that bad" canceled. Also, what would telling someone's they're gay possibly accomplish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Count Chocula posted:

Sounds like the Aussie flick Suburban Mayhem.

AMERICAN soccer fans are the anime fans of sports. Everywhere else in the world, they're just the default.

Personally, I would like America to host the Euros at some point, just for 1) American soccer fans to see loving ultras up close 2) ultras see what happen when "take no poo poo" American law enforcement gets a hold of them.