Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I forgot hal was in this drat game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
I reread TQ and I didn't find a problem. Adahn, could you please provide a concise case on him?

I'm most suspicious of AR and AA at this point. Their presence on dong's list is a happy coincidence.

I still think this is concerning:

Absurd Revolver posted:

also i doubt there is more than one shine cop, at least a cop that uses shine to use that power, on the outfit side of things, so i would believe a cc

VivaNova posted:

Hm. All evidence indicates that everyone in the lottery got what they asked for so.... this sorta looks like an attempt to out more cops?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Moatillata posted:

I forgot hal was in this drat game
He came in around 4EST implying adahn was an obvious scum + didn't respond when I asked him to explain why.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
viva i voted for adahn based on a meta read, and backed off on it, then got back on when adahn was asking for votes and only then

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

VivaNova posted:

I reread TQ and I didn't find a problem. Adahn, could you please provide a concise case on him?

I'm most suspicious of AR and AA at this point. Their presence on dong's list is a happy coincidence.

I still think this is concerning:

So you think my cop claim is a lie? You think as scum I'd waste my shine copping someone like flying leatherman? You think I set up breadcrumbs for a fake claim? You think there are multiple town cops? I mean a scum rolecop would be useful, but an alignment cop which is what I am... not so much. Especially when I get results of outfit aligned or not outfit aligned. You played like this in shine I and I had yoy pegged for mafia but was wrong so I don't know if I'm misreading you, you're scum or a town really way off track. As far as AR I can't say. My suspicions still fall strongest on TQ and ANarc based on how I've seen them play as town and scum.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Absurd Revolver posted:

viva i voted for adahn based on a meta read, and backed off on it, then got back on when adahn was asking for votes and only then
Hi.

This is your vote:

Absurd Revolver posted:

and while I didn't want to lynch you before, the evidence is pretty damning. your town game is super solid, but you tend to struggle as scum, as you did in Trump.

better luck next time!

##vote adahn
While you mention meta, this vote came very shortly after Infin's huge case on him and says "the evidence is pretty damning", which is clearly a reference to the evidence Infin presented.

Absurd Revolver posted:

inf if ur wrong ur next bitch
This, shortly after, also implies your vote was largely based on Infin's case.

I did note that you backed off it the next day. It made me feel better about you yesterday, but I'm not so sure it should anymore!

Do you still feel like you would want a cop to cc AA?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

So you think my cop claim is a lie? You think as scum I'd waste my shine copping someone like flying leatherman? You think I set up breadcrumbs for a fake claim? You think there are multiple town cops? I mean a scum rolecop would be useful, but an alignment cop which is what I am... not so much. Especially when I get results of outfit aligned or not outfit aligned. You played like this in shine I and I had yoy pegged for mafia but was wrong so I don't know if I'm misreading you, you're scum or a town really way off track. As far as AR I can't say. My suspicions still fall strongest on TQ and ANarc based on how I've seen them play as town and scum.

Yes, I think it's possible you are lying. You would not be the first scum to claim cop, it's easier to fake than other claims and it makes people very hesitant to lynch a claimed cop. I think it's very possible there's multiple town [shine] cops. My understanding of the lotto is everyone got what they requested. Until I see evidence contrary to this, I see no reason not to operate under that assumption. I haven't seen your breadcrumbs.

I'll read whatever cases you have on AN and TQ tomorrow.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Concise case on TQ:

I'm going from memory here, so hopefully everything is in order.

1. TQ quickly accepts that Infinitum is a boss, despite Infinitum trying to hide that and outright denying it. Reads as a scumslip to me.
2. Infinitum pushes hard for my lynch because I "Knew he was a boss". Many people ended up defending me, but TQ didn't utter a peep (despite calling infin a boss an hour before me).
3. Infinitum publicly announces that he's submitting TQ to the mercenary. The ONLY reason to do this is for town cred. Everything Infin did (outing people on his list) was in the hopes he could get someone lynched for town cred. However, he didn't want TQ lynched, he just wanted credit in case TQ died. I think it's because TQ slipped up in acknowledging Infin as a boss way too quickly.
4. There is a lot of weird back and forth between Infinitum, but no real pressure.
5. TQ outright says "Infin is probably a scum boss" but gives reasons that are irrational to try and prevent us from lynching "a boss" D1, which would have likely been infinitum.
6. TQ immediately starts day 2 with an AA push. I've had a town read on AA, which I've been very vocal about, and I think the push on him is VERY scummy. As uncounterclaimed shine cop, he's essentially confirmed vanilla town. TQ pushed very hard for that lynch to gain traction before AA claimed.

There might be other points I'm missing, but that's the essence of it.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Adahn1986 posted:

Concise case on TQ:

1. TQ quickly accepts that Infinitum is a boss, despite Infinitum trying to hide that and outright denying it. Reads as a scumslip to me.
2. Infinitum pushes hard for my lynch because I "Knew he was a boss". Many people ended up defending me, but TQ didn't utter a peep (despite calling infin a boss an hour before me).
3. Infinitum publicly announces that he's submitting TQ to the mercenary. The ONLY reason to do this is for town cred. Everything Infin did (outing people on his list) was in the hopes he could get someone lynched for town cred. However, he didn't want TQ lynched, he just wanted credit in case TQ died. I think it's because TQ slipped up in acknowledging Infin as a boss way too quickly.
4. There is a lot of weird back and forth between Infinitum, but no real pressure.
5. TQ outright says "Infin is probably a scum boss" but gives reasons that are irrational to try and prevent us from lynching "a boss" D1, which would have likely been infinitum.
6. TQ immediately starts day 2 with an AA push. I've had a town read on AA, which I've been very vocal about, and I think the push on him is VERY scummy. As uncounterclaimed shine cop, he's essentially confirmed vanilla town. TQ pushed very hard for that lynch to gain traction before AA claimed.

Truth Quark posted:

##unvote you're claiming VT {Cop} ?

"pushing hard"

Stop misrepresenting me, I had a town read on you but you are doing your best to make me doubt it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I don't see any reason to not post this and I can't say much else until tonight busy work day filled with problems.

Anyhow I'm. Outfit aligned cop. I tried to crumb this with the rolling stop post, syop sign rolling stop gets you a fine. Then I made that law and order fake post.

I am out of a shine and wasted my cop on flying leatherman because I thought they came in pretty suspect, but they're just a lurker who is also outfit-aligned.

This makes me think there were scum in the lottery and you are a scum cop. :)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I am having a hard time getting into this game, help

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

You played like this in shine I and I had yoy pegged for mafia but was wrong so I don't know if I'm misreading you, you're scum or a town really way off track.
Also I was one of very few to vote scum D1, my only day in that game. :smuggo: You might be thinking of someone else?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

As much as I don't want Viva to be scum :ohdear:, I feel like this like of thinking is suspicious, like Viva was acknowledging that Infi was scummy but trying to dissuade people from voting for him.

Viva - is AA still your strongest read?

I agreed with Viva 100% on that. I thought there was no reason to dive into the boss drama and off one of them yesterday since I figured the night would clear things up some, and it did. If I had to vote one of them, I was on the record that Inf would be the right choice, but I didn't think we should.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Quidnose posted:

Apparently drinking helps?

Goodnight.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Being out of shine I think claiming is useful. If I could cop without it, and didn't think I might be gwtting pushed by scum I'd have stayed quiet, but with no guarantee of extra shine, the least I can do is confirm at least one player's alignment.

I don't really agree with this in general, but since you are a prime cuddle target for the day, this probably made sense regardless of alignment.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm caught up on everything btw, just responding to the things I opened tabs for to respond to earlier when I started reading.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

curiousCat posted:

why would a cop cc here

flerp posted:

well wouldnt someone be able to cc that because id presume that somebody would choose the cop role

Yeah, there is little chance someone would CC this. All it would do is out another cop.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if we have several cops given that no one yet has mentioned not getting what they asked for. But I'm not sure they'd all be town.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

In Shine 1, Jimson came off as really scummy to me (by posting a ton) and ended up being town. This game he seems way more reserved.

I can't believe I'm arguing that Jimson might be scum because he's not acting as scummy as he usually does, but it's on my mind so I figured I'd put it out there.

Yeah, this is like no Jimson I've ever experienced, so I'm not sure how to read it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Li Dawny

LD, in order:

(a) puts out Adahn as a scum read
(b) agrees with ANarc that Infi (!) / Adahn (?) is a town slapfight
(c) questions why there are so many votes out without cases (while excusing Infi for it)

then..

(d) without making any cases, frets that we might not get a lynch before deadline
(e) moves to Glowku with a sort of resignation

LD - what's your read on Adahn right now? If you thought he was acting consistent with his scum game, why didn't you case him instead of moving to Glowku?

I like this case.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

I was not. Dunno what happened with that, since Glowku flipped town.

Yeah, the person I picked hasn't mentioned being loved either. I really can't put my finger on what the mechanics were for this so I'm just setting them aside for now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
There was rolecop on that list though, that would have been more useful if I were scum.

I'm vanilla outfit-aligned, and I got to choose a role in the lottery. I selected Cop, regular old alignment cop.

I've stated it more than once though and provided reasoning for it. I'm happy to be lynched today if it means town will get on the track of identifying the actual scum with my lynch. So by all means, do vote me out. However, when you do you really need to scrutinize the people pushing my lynch and their contributions in context with Glowku's lynch and the interactions with infinitum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
So eat it scumbos. You won't bring me down.

:dukedog:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

There was rolecop on that list though, that would have been more useful if I were scum.

I'm vanilla outfit-aligned, and I got to choose a role in the lottery. I selected Cop, regular old alignment cop.

I've stated it more than once though and provided reasoning for it. I'm happy to be lynched today if it means town will get on the track of identifying the actual scum with my lynch. So by all means, do vote me out. However, when you do you really need to scrutinize the people pushing my lynch and their contributions in context with Glowku's lynch and the interactions with infinitum.

Disagree.

The game where I was a scum cop was one of the easiest for me to play. It basically functioned purely as a cover. It was great. That could be exactly what you are doing right now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Of course, if this game ends up like Shine 1, it would actually ALSO be super useful. The FBI in Shine 1 used their cop very well.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
So KB are you saying an AA lynch would yield the most information for town? What do you think about TQ? He has claimed nothing as of yet. (That I can remember off the top of my head)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

BTW Quid, if you missed it, MMT tried to give you a helping hand there and asked you to look at her Dawny case. If I'm having problems getting into a game, sometimes just proving/disproving someones case can be the kick start I need.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Of course, if this game ends up like Shine 1, it would actually ALSO be super useful. The FBI in Shine 1 used their cop very well.

It was glowku and he was a rolecop, I used his findings to out DBD and Zzyxzxxzyz.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Moatillata posted:

So KB are you saying an AA lynch would yield the most information for town? What do you think about TQ? He has claimed nothing as of yet. (That I can remember off the top of my head)

Nice role fishing

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Truth Quark posted:

Nice role fishing

Lol this game the theme has been zero shits given about role secrecy. Probably because your role is useless without shine so you want others to know you need a taste of the sweet stuff. Dont be so suburban

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Moatillata posted:

Lol this game the theme has been zero shits given about role secrecy. Probably because your role is useless without shine so you want others to know you need a taste of the sweet stuff. Dont be so suburban

:anime:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

No. I'm not really sure what info AA's cuddle would buy us unless he flips scum.

The reason I'm still thinking of voting him is I think his posting has been scummy. Right now I'm doing some rereading to see what jumps out at me though. I'll take another look at TQ, but one of the reasons I'm not really considering him is I think Adahn's case on him is bad:

Adahn1986 posted:

Concise case on TQ:

For example on 1) This seems like nonsense to me. It was obvious the second Dongs claimed that he was essentially claiming the same thing as inf and so therefore inf was probably also a boss. Thus, I along with many others wanted to hear some clarification from Inf on it. on 2) Tons of people in SA mafia get mad or think you are scummy if you jump in and defend other people instead of letting them defend themselves. This doesn't stop me. But I don't fault someone else for not doing it. And on 6) I've already discussed that not only would a shine cop probably not counter claim at this point but that mechanics wise and based on previous game you can't even assume that a cop would only be town.

Note, this is all without rereading though. I may feel differently if I reread with hindsight, so reserving final judgement.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

It was glowku and he was a rolecop, I used his findings to out DBD and Zzyxzxxzyz.

Ah, I could have sworn there was also a cop on the scum side. Was it DBD who was a scum cop or am I completely confused?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I have to admit, the way Moat keeps going on about the most information from a flip is kinda sketching me out.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Glowku was rolecop, DBD was a cop of some sort as well. Glowku was the FBI shine cop who wrecked all the mafia.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Well because at this point the only confirmed town are JakeP and dongs. The glowku lynch gave us almost nothing to go on. I'm trying to think about worst case we lynch town but what would give is a better read on the game as a whole. Some people have a lot of polarized opinions surrounding them which when we see their flip it might help suss out others. I mean would could lynch someone that hasn't posted at all but we run the risk of just lynching lurker town And gaining nothing from it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wait what, Hal's in this game?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

Well because at this point the only confirmed town are JakeP and dongs. The glowku lynch gave us almost nothing to go on. I'm trying to think about worst case we lynch town but what would give is a better read on the game as a whole. Some people have a lot of polarized opinions surrounding them which when we see their flip it might help suss out others. I mean would could lynch someone that hasn't posted at all but we run the risk of just lynching lurker town And gaining nothing from it.

This still doesn't follow for me. On the info thing, I find that town flips generally don't provide much information in general. It's only a scum flip that normally lends any insight. And, we might have one! If Inf was scum. I mean, he was a boss, so that suggests he had a team? We can analyze the posting that surrounded him to look for clues. If you haven't already done that, why don't you go look at Inf's posts and the people that posted about him for clues. :) So again, you seem to be looking for information from the next flip that you theoretically already have. I find this weird in a scummy way, so I'd probably vote you here normally, but you seem to be playing way different to the game I remember you being scum in with me, so for meta reasons I'm holding off.

Yeah, lurkers are still a decent problem in this game. But if Cat doesn't up her posting, at least we can cuddle her tomorrow without ending the day. The others are just getting by with skirting the line.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Moatillata posted:

I'm confirmed town thanks~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I like MMT's Li Dawny case and I don't like that she commented when summoned but then didn't offer any reads when prompted.

Li, who are you liking for scum right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SirSamVimes posted:

Wait what, Hal's in this game?

Yes, it's true you have double the posts of Hal, but from a quick scan you both seem to have about the same number of scum/town opinions on people. I'd almost argue that Hal has more. Who do you think is scum?

• Locked thread