Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
Watermelon cat owns bones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuteStorm
Sep 22, 2010
Deadpool's crotch shading sure uh, changed.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Ol' crazy-legs Deadpool, they call him.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
"Tattoo a really ordinary gun on me. Poorly."

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
Local shop in my old hometown is putting things like this on people.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

SpliffClavin posted:

The rare Chiuhuahualope.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

SpliffClavin posted:

"Tattoo a really ordinary gun on me. Poorly."

In all fairness, it's a tattoo worthy of anyone who likes glocks.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I had to look up the double trigger thing because I don't know anything about guns: https://us.glock.com/technology/safe-action

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

SpliffClavin posted:

Oh my god this has me tittering like crazy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

fullroundaction posted:

I had to look up the double trigger thing because I don't know anything about guns: https://us.glock.com/technology/safe-action

It's a garbage as gently caress gimmick and belongs in this thread.

Ask me about my multiple (3) coworkers who lost their jobs due to negligent discharges all using Glocks!

Oh wait. Yeah that's pretty much the whole story.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

LingcodKilla posted:

Ask me about my multiple (3) coworkers who lost their jobs due to negligent discharges all using Glocks!

Where did they work?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

LingcodKilla posted:

You should be happy to no longer work with people who are somehow incapable of drawing and/or holstering their guns without fingerfucking the trigger.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nuevo posted:

You should be happy to no longer work with people who are somehow incapable of drawing and/or holstering their guns without fingerfucking the trigger.

Glock Leg happens.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nuevo posted:

The initial "Glock Leg" and "Glock TV" was because the gun needs to be decocked by pulling the trigger before removing the slide, and a ton of morons just pulled the trigger after removing the magazine without bothering to rack the slide first.

The double trigger thing isn't a dangerous gimmick or anything, though. Mechanical safeties have always been a means of keeping something from accidentally yanking the trigger like your clothes or a stray branch. It's expected that the user won't turn the safety on and then start fiddling with the trigger for no reason. Glocks are safe as long as the user isn't pulling the trigger.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

The initial "Glock Leg" and "Glock TV" was because the gun needs to be decocked by pulling the trigger before removing the slide, and a ton of morons just pulled the trigger after removing the magazine without bothering to rack the slide first.

The double trigger thing isn't a dangerous gimmick or anything, though. Mechanical safeties have always been a means of keeping something from accidentally yanking the trigger like your clothes or a stray branch. It's expected that the user won't turn the safety on and then start fiddling with the trigger for no reason. Glocks are safe as long as the user isn't pulling the trigger.

One of the misfires happened at the barrel when part of his uniform snagged him up and he reached with his second hand to prevent it from dropping and managed to hit the double trigger with his off hand. Would have been safer to drop it really. The trigger was designed to not be fired unless pressure comes directly forward to aft but there was eye witness to the exact opposite. Mostly I hate the fact that it's marketed as a safety when it should really shouldnt have the word safety in it and it basically works like a single action auto yet we are not allowed to use 1911 due to no single actions autos allowed.

Tuck in your loving uniforms you slobs.

Basically its a extremely well made, well marketed, simpletons clown gun.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LingcodKilla posted:

One of the misfires happened at the barrel when part of his uniform snagged him up and he reached with his second hand to prevent it from dropping and managed to hit the double trigger with his off hand. Would have been safer to drop it really. The trigger was designed to not be fired unless pressure comes directly forward to aft but there was eye witness to the exact opposite. Mostly I hate the fact that it's marketed as a safety when it should really shouldnt have the word safety in it and it basically works like a single action auto yet we are not allowed to use 1911 due to no single actions autos allowed.

Last time I played with a Glock, that kind of action should be impossible. I even tried to pull the trigger just from the side, and it simply wouldn't go back without that center lever being pulled too. Chances are the eyewitnesses didn't see it right.

Maybe he just needs one of those NYPD guns where the trigger pull is 11+ pounds and you can't hit the building in front of you without jerking the gun 45 degrees to the side with every shot.

FistOfTacitus
Oct 21, 2009
I think the reasonable compromise here is to agree that safety training programs based on DA or super heavy trigger pull guns will cause some accidents when you switch to a light single-action. I think the Glock is a hell of a lot safer, but that's what I learned on. A lot of folk I've seen at the range are just barely competent with, like, a S&W with a heavy trigger and a ton of disconnects, and really they shouldn't be shooting at all. But, to be fair, they'd ND themselves every other round if they were running Glocks. I imagine it's a tricky call; if you know your guys are not going to get all the training they really should have, or not going to do it, do you get a gun that's harder for them to fire?

Or alternatively you can make your claim and stick that poo poo on your neck.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

Basically its a extremely well made, well marketed, simpletons clown gun.

Am I being too critical if I hate the hair? The face looks great(even considering the clown), but what's up with the hair?

e:Okay, now I'm just getting that the gun is...somehow her hair, specifically the butt?

Postal Parcel has a new favorite as of 05:46 on Jun 27, 2016

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

FistOfTacitus posted:

I think the reasonable compromise here is to agree that safety training programs based on DA or super heavy trigger pull guns will cause some accidents when you switch to a light single-action. I think the Glock is a hell of a lot safer, but that's what I learned on. A lot of folk I've seen at the range are just barely competent with, like, a S&W with a heavy trigger and a ton of disconnects, and really they shouldn't be shooting at all. But, to be fair, they'd ND themselves every other round if they were running Glocks. I imagine it's a tricky call; if you know your guys are not going to get all the training they really should have, or not going to do it, do you get a gun that's harder for them to fire?

Give them only unloaded guns duh.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Postal Parcel posted:

Am I being too critical if I hate the hair? The face looks great(even considering the clown), but what's up with the hair?

e:Okay, now I'm just getting that the gun is...somehow her hair, specifically the butt?

The hair is egregiously bad.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

FistOfTacitus posted:

people who brand slogans and logos on their bodies bum me the gently caress out

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
At least it should make you happy to know that I looked to see if anyone had the 'Damaged' forehead tattoo from the new joker movie and was only able to come up with temporary tattoos rather than real ones

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Zelder posted:

people who brand slogans and logos on their bodies bum me the gently caress out

even creepier to me is that it calls her (him?) "property" ugh

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I kind of like the girl on the swing one.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I kind of like the girl on the swing one.

It looks like a copy of a copy of something the tattoo artist saw one time in a magazine, a victim of lost in translation.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

LingcodKilla posted:

Give them only unloaded guns duh.

Is this the tattoo they give you when you had a vasectomy?

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

"this property"

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Elsa posted:

It looks like a copy of a copy of something the tattoo artist saw one time in a magazine, a victim of lost in translation.

It still looks kind of understated and cool.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Elsa posted:

I could have sworn this was an actual thing that existed and was just badly translated by the artist, but apparently it's just a couple of very prolific stock drawings. I did find this one though, which would be a pretty :3: tattoo if done by someone competent.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

davidspackage posted:

Is this the tattoo they give you when you had a vasectomy?

Nah. This is the one.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It still looks kind of understated and cool.

It's boring at best.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Someone Awful! posted:

even creepier to me is that it calls her (him?) "property" ugh

This actually owns

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

MoreLikeTen posted:

"this property"

Honestly it's probably just a straight copy from a sticker somewhere.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Does that dog have a gun for a head?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

StuG Jeebus posted:

It's half-cockederspaniel.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

StuG Jeebus posted:

Yes, and the hawk has hands for talons.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Chichevache posted:

It's half-cockederspaniel.

Glockerspaniel.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Nuevo posted: