Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

honestly I have no clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SirSamVimes posted:

honestly I have no clue.

:eng99:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Quidnose posted:

I'm confirmed town thanks~

If you believe the logical gymnastics that I had posted earlier then yes you and adahn are both conf town due to the fact that JakeP probably did vig you. That's kind of a leap of faith though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

If you believe the logical gymnastics that I had posted earlier then yes you and adahn are both conf town due to the fact that JakeP probably did vig you. That's kind of a leap of faith though.

No. He's confirmed town because he's an "Honest Visitor" and someone claimed his visit.

Unless you think he is scum buddies with the person who claimed it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I mean sure, Jake probably also targeted him, but it really isn't important given the other thing.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

I like MMT's Li Dawny case and I don't like that she commented when summoned but then didn't offer any reads when prompted.

Li, who are you liking for scum right now?

Dawny has been a tad soft this game. I've only seen her play twice, but when she was town she came out hard against her scum read (me) and when she was scum she lurked and tried to coast by and hope she escaped notice.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
no i guess i didn't even want a cop to cc, i'm saying i'd just believe it on the basis that i believe it was one per, not whatever you asked for

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i refuse to believe dawny is ever scum and i've only been wrong once

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I don't think AA is scum and tbh it's scummy af to be pushing him right now.

To me Li dawny is acting like she did in the game where she was scum so she is probably scum but you know, meta reads.

Moatillata posted:

Well because at this point the only confirmed town are JakeP and dongs. The glowku lynch gave us almost nothing to go on. I'm trying to think about worst case we lynch town but what would give is a better read on the game as a whole. Some people have a lot of polarized opinions surrounding them which when we see their flip it might help suss out others. I mean would could lynch someone that hasn't posted at all but we run the risk of just lynching lurker town And gaining nothing from it.

This is a bad post.

Yes of course Dongs is town, he already flipped so why even bother adding him to the confirmed town?

In that case glowku is confirmed town too.

I am interested to know , however, why jakeP is confirmed?

Like this whole post was just words that are designed to look like you are contributing without actually saying anything.

In fact looking back at your posting this game, that has pretty much been every one of your "effort" posts aside from a really bad case against quidnose where you didn't even vote him.

Moatillata posted:

I agree, but I think we have hammered the same people over and over. I tend to believe AAs claim and I doubt that Adahn is scum. MMT has thrown some opinions out but nothing has gained traction. I was actually gonna call you out for your lack of scum hunting bc in previous games you have been so much more on it.

Actually, this is deja vu all over again:

Also, this amount of low effort doesn't seem like you:

Also one more question, who did you pick for your n0 friend-o?

You are talking about which flips will give us the most information instead of talking about who is scum.

Moatillata posted:

I think the most information from a flip would be a TQ lynch based on what I've read so far

You also do a little setup spec and try to get TQ's role info.

##vote Moat

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh nevermind I didn't see jakep died

Well, that makes your post double useless

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah Adahn, on reread it is even more obvious that you are wrong about this point on TQ:

Adahn1986 posted:

1. TQ quickly accepts that Infinitum is a boss, despite Infinitum trying to hide that and outright denying it. Reads as a scumslip to me.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i was going to use my alternative boss power to kill infi but then i thought about it and infi is probably another outfit-aligned boss

Truth Quark posted:

Why would there be multiple town-aligned bosses that's stupid.

It's obvious here even if he hadn't put two and two together on his own yet, he is responding directly to someone else saying it first.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CapitalistPig posted:

To me Li dawny is acting like she did in the game where she was scum so she is probably scum but you know, meta reads.

This is a bad post.

Yes of course Dongs is town, he already flipped so why even bother adding him to the confirmed town?

Like this whole post was just words that are designed to look like you are contributing without actually saying anything.

In fact looking back at your posting this game, that has pretty much been every one of your "effort" posts aside from a really bad case against quidnose where you didn't even vote him.

You are talking about which flips will give us the most information instead of talking about who is scum.

##vote Moat

I agree with this case. I actually got a lot of the same feelings from moats posting before I even saw this one. Moat is doing what scum often get caught doing - summarizing the game because it makes it look like they have content. He calls out someone for not scum hunting when he hasn't done any the whole game. He posts a lot about setup spec. I'm def getting a scummy vibe from moat.

Would vote aa or moat today

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I agree with this case. I actually got a lot of the same feelings from moats posting before I even saw this one. Moat is doing what scum often get caught doing - summarizing the game because it makes it look like they have content. He calls out someone for not scum hunting when he hasn't done any the whole game. He posts a lot about setup spec. I'm def getting a scummy vibe from moat.

Would vote aa or moat today

Hop on the train whoo whoo

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Truth Quark posted:

##unvote you're claiming VT {Cop} ?

You all seriously need to realize that shine roles are not just for VT. I am basing this on

OP posted:

[*]Rolecop - can investigate someone else at night, learning both their Role and Shine Role.

This is why it was a bad idea for adahn to out quidnose. Please everyone stop assuming that shine role = vt. I think it's likely scum has shine roles too.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Of course scum have shine roles nobody has been questioning that. My question was directed specifically at AA because presumably he was full claiming (which he should just do at this point).

I would vote Moat, maybe AA but I'm hesitant due to the cop claim.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

Of course scum have shine roles nobody has been questioning that. My question was directed specifically at AA because presumably he was full claiming (which he should just do at this point).

I would vote Moat, maybe AA but I'm hesitant due to the cop claim.

I did full claim. Like more than once.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

What else is there to claim? :shrug:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Truth Quark

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CapitalistPig posted:

This is a bad post.

##vote Moat

You leave out the part where I don't vote for quidnose and then say this:

Moatillata posted:

I'm just trying to get him t

Yeah but maybe light a fire and get him to start quidnosing it up esp since he's not gonna last the night

I admit basically that all I'm trying to do is get quid involved in the game he has claimed difficulty in getting into. You're making a case where there isn't anything substantial because it's convenient and I am posting in the thread (unlike others).

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Esp since quid has claimed he is the new boss. This is some bullshit cpig. Are you being intentionally dense or what

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

This still doesn't follow for me. On the info thing, I find that town flips generally don't provide much information in general. It's only a scum flip that normally lends any insight. And, we might have one! If Inf was scum. I mean, he was a boss, so that suggests he had a team? We can analyze the posting that surrounded him to look for clues. If you haven't already done that, why don't you go look at Inf's posts and the people that posted about him for clues. :) So again, you seem to be looking for information from the next flip that you theoretically already have. I find this weird in a scummy way, so I'd probably vote you here normally, but you seem to be playing way different to the game I remember you being scum in with me, so for meta reasons I'm holding off.

Yeah, lurkers are still a decent problem in this game. But if Cat doesn't up her posting, at least we can cuddle her tomorrow without ending the day. The others are just getting by with skirting the line.

Since you are here and posting, how come you responded to them and not to me?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I just re-read Adahn's case on TQ and I have to say, he brings up some pretty decent points.

Adahn1986 posted:

Concise case on TQ:

I'm going from memory here, so hopefully everything is in order.

1. TQ quickly accepts that Infinitum is a boss, despite Infinitum trying to hide that and outright denying it. Reads as a scumslip to me.
2. Infinitum pushes hard for my lynch because I "Knew he was a boss". Many people ended up defending me, but TQ didn't utter a peep (despite calling infin a boss an hour before me).
3. Infinitum publicly announces that he's submitting TQ to the mercenary. The ONLY reason to do this is for town cred. Everything Infin did (outing people on his list) was in the hopes he could get someone lynched for town cred. However, he didn't want TQ lynched, he just wanted credit in case TQ died. I think it's because TQ slipped up in acknowledging Infin as a boss way too quickly.
4. There is a lot of weird back and forth between Infinitum, but no real pressure.
5. TQ outright says "Infin is probably a scum boss" but gives reasons that are irrational to try and prevent us from lynching "a boss" D1, which would have likely been infinitum.
6. TQ immediately starts day 2 with an AA push. I've had a town read on AA, which I've been very vocal about, and I think the push on him is VERY scummy. As uncounterclaimed shine cop, he's essentially confirmed vanilla town. TQ pushed very hard for that lynch to gain traction before AA claimed.

There might be other points I'm missing, but that's the essence of it.

This is an interesting interaction. Adahn's points #1-5 are reasonably on point - TQ spent D1 saying that he had a scum read on Infin but that he didn't think we should lynch him because he's a boss. TQ doesn't really dispute that, and instead focuses his reply on point #6:

Truth Quark posted:

##unvote you're claiming VT {Cop} ?

---

"pushing hard"

Stop misrepresenting me, I had a town read on you but you are doing your best to make me doubt it.

In his rebuttal, he quotes his post to show that he wasn't going after AA, when in fact it would seem like this was what Adahn was talking about :

Truth Quark posted:

AA:

- Spent all day pushing Glowku (confirmed town), Adahn (probably town), and dongs (confirmed town boss)
- Spent the early part of the day contributing heavily to drunk chat and trying to appear very much like everyone's buddy

HMMM

Good post covering your bases buddy gotta make sure you can back out!

Then, of course, there's this post:

Which is just bad, I already talked about Quid's "catch" but AA jumped on it like it was real. Its just him continuing to buddy up to as many people as he can.

##vote AA

I'd be happy with a vote on either TQ or LD at this point in time.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

No you haven't. You've claimed shine cop, but no role to go with it. Are you vanilla town with an alignment cop shine power? I asked you this question earlier and you completely ignored it.

Also this post is scummy as hell how did I miss it.

So you think my cop claim is a lie? You think as scum I'd waste my shine copping someone like flying leatherman? You think I set up breadcrumbs for a fake claim? You think there are multiple town cops? I mean a scum rolecop would be useful, but an alignment cop which is what I am... not so much. Especially when I get results of outfit aligned or not outfit aligned. You played like this in shine I and I had yoy pegged for mafia but was wrong so I don't know if I'm misreading you, you're scum or a town really way off track. As far as AR I can't say. My suspicions still fall strongest on TQ and ANarc based on how I've seen them play as town and scum.

It just rubs me wrong, "You really think I'm stupid enough to do X as scum." You're out of shine, you can't cop anyone else, and you're correct you would need both the doc and a brewer to make you viable again. I am starting to think the correct choice is to flip you and see if you are really running a scum gambit or not. If you do flip scum, it would also finally answer the question of whether scum participated in the lottery or not.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I dunno MMT. I've already responded to some of those points in these last few hours and I'm literally rereading right now and not seeing that. Can you respond to my takes on those with how and why you differ?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Murmur Twin posted:

I just re-read Adahn's case on TQ and I have to say, he brings up some pretty decent points.

This is an interesting interaction. Adahn's points #1-5 are reasonably on point - TQ spent D1 saying that he had a scum read on Infin but that he didn't think we should lynch him because he's a boss. TQ doesn't really dispute that, and instead focuses his reply on point #6:

In his rebuttal, he quotes his post to show that he wasn't going after AA, when in fact it would seem like this was what Adahn was talking about :

I'd be happy with a vote on either TQ or LD at this point in time.

Hey guess what I was pushing AA then backed off when he claimed cop, now you will see in my above post that I am swinging back again because I am thinking about this game.

You are, like Adahn, completely misrepresenting my play.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

No you haven't. You've claimed shine cop, but no role to go with it. Are you vanilla town with an alignment cop shine power? I asked you this question earlier and you completely ignored it.

Also this post is scummy as hell how did I miss it.

It just rubs me wrong, "You really think I'm stupid enough to do X as scum." You're out of shine, you can't cop anyone else, and you're correct you would need both the doc and a brewer to make you viable again. I am starting to think the correct choice is to flip you and see if you are really running a scum gambit or not. If you do flip scum, it would also finally answer the question of whether scum participated in the lottery or not.

I don't see any reason to not post this and I can't say much else until tonight busy work day filled with problems.

Anyhow I'm. Outfit aligned cop. I tried to crumb this with the rolling stop post, syop sign rolling stop gets you a fine. Then I made that law and order fake post.

I am out of a shine and wasted my cop on flying leatherman because I thought they came in pretty suspect, but they're just a lurker who is also outfit-aligned.

I can be nothing else but Vanilla. Are you implying I could be a PR and still participate in the shine role lottery because that doesn't make sense to me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

There was rolecop on that list though, that would have been more useful if I were scum.

I'm vanilla outfit-aligned, and I got to choose a role in the lottery. I selected Cop, regular old alignment cop.

I've stated it more than once though and provided reasoning for it. I'm happy to be lynched today if it means town will get on the track of identifying the actual scum with my lynch. So by all means, do vote me out. However, when you do you really need to scrutinize the people pushing my lynch and their contributions in context with Glowku's lynch and the interactions with infinitum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
TQ you're scum. Just come clean man. You're looking bad this game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like I said vote me if you feel like it. I'll flip town, then town should be able to make some connections based on who has pushed me. I'd personally look at who pushed the hardest, who pushed with little conviction and who has "me too"'d

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'M READY 2 DIE

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

I can be nothing else but Vanilla. Are you implying I could be a PR and still participate in the shine role lottery because that doesn't make sense to me.

You can be something else besides vanilla, its called scum (and the many roles that go with that), or any number of other things because this is Shine II.

TQ you're scum. Just come clean man. You're looking bad this game.

Wrong. But thanks for answering my question anyway.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Now if I get NK'd and there's a janitor or a framer that would be bad news I guess, but I think I should be lynched. Let it all come clean.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

You can be something else besides vanilla, its called scum (and the many roles that go with that), or any number of other things because this is Shine II.

Wrong. But thanks for answering my question anyway.

So you are implying that I could be a scum with some sort of PR and still have a shine role?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Doubling down.

##vote TQ

your logic here just doesn't add up man.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

So you are implying that I could be a scum with some sort of PR and still have a shine role?

Shine 1 featured a godfather who was also an alignment cop so... yes.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Who admitted to having no shine ability, which he didn't, if you recall.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

1) I remember him being Godfather {Cop} 2) Even if he wasn't, that doesn't mean it isn't possible in this game. Your setup spec is wrong and bad.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Actually the fact you are trying so hard to argue that it is impossible for you to have a shine role and something else is very weird to me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

Actually the fact you are trying so hard to argue that it is impossible for you to have a shine role and something else is very weird to me.

Like I said, I'm ready to go and when I flip. You'll be scrutinized for all your scum content, along with the other scum who are pushing this vote. So bring it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Podima posted:

:rip: Deadbeat Dad, aka James Moire, Mafia-Aligned Godfather {Alignment Cop} was banned from Morrow's Pub on Day 3! :rip:

• Locked thread