Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

ili posted:

The only series NSW "won" was when their captain was juiced to the eyeballs and copped an ASADA ban later the same year. A little contract misunderstanding pales in comparison to deliberate cheating by using performance enhancing drugs.

Hold on - Gallen was on the juice in 2011 and NSW won State of Origin in 2014. Are you suggesting that the peptides lingered in his system for three years or are you just plain wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

I'm referring to you calling it a "little contract misunderstanding", poppet :v:

Look, the Storm players signed a contract then obviously the contracts got lost somewhere in the post and they had to sign a second one. How were they to know that the numbers had been changed? That's what managers are for.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

elgarbo posted:

Hold on - Gallen was on the juice in 2011 and NSW won State of Origin in 2014. Are you suggesting that the peptides lingered in his system for three years or are you just plain wrong?

I leave this as an exercise to the reader. The fact he also used the words "little contract misunderstanding " to describe the Storm might help.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

Look, the Storm players signed a contract then obviously the contracts got lost somewhere in the post and they had to sign a second one. How were they to know that the numbers had been changed? That's what managers are for.

Hmm I'm getting paid twice as much as the contract I signed each month said I would. Could something be wrong? Nah must be fine, nothing to worry about.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ili posted:

I'm dead serious. If someone like Corey Parker or Cam Smith had been doping during one of our series wins the NSW media would have squealed and screamed and sooked until the result was overturned or nullified. But because it was Captain Courageous putting in an heroic 80 minute effort to beat the best team ever then the fact he admitted to being a drug cheat that same year is suddenly irrelevant and anyone who brings it up is labelled a troll or poor loser.
How do you know they haven't been doping?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

ili posted:

Cameron Smith doesn't employ a manager :ironicat:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol we are so poo poo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well that try was nice

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Smorgasbord posted:

Cameron Smith doesn't employ a manager :ironicat:

Well there you go. Any player who doesn't have a manager is obviously a bit dim and can't be held accountable for his actions.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
What a cool dude Ennis is

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Hmm I'm getting paid twice as much as the contract I signed each month said I would. Could something be wrong? Nah must be fine, nothing to worry about.

Are you honestly saying if you were getting paid twice as much as you signed on for you would try and raise a stink, I drat well wouldn't.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Are you honestly saying if you were getting paid twice as much as you signed on for you would try and raise a stink, I drat well wouldn't.

I'm not saying I'd raise a stink, but it's pretty rich to then claim (or have people claim on your behalf) years later that you had no idea that anything was wrong. There's a reason that banks are fully capable of prosecuting successfully people who they accidentally put millions of dollars into their accounts who then used them.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Shaun Johnson is a slippery slippery man.

Pity the Warriors aren't quite on his level.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
gently caress Jono Wright and gently caress McFadden for picking him.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
We should have won that

Jono C posted:

gently caress Jono Wright and gently caress McFadden for picking him.

but it's important to have Lolohea start on the bench because . . .umm . . . ?

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

I am forever thankful for the Warriors for taking Jono Wright from us.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lol broncos

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

i can't get my head round a table leading sharks team.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dalai Trauma posted:

i can't get my head round a table leading sharks team.

If you keep doping eventually they must start working

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Byolante posted:

If you keep doping eventually they must start working

Nice to see the effects of doping finally working five years on

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
That looks unpleasant. His foot ended up bent up touching his lower back

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Not distasteful at all to show 50 replays, fox.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That was honestly one of the dumbest double movements I've ever seen.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

iajanus posted:

Lol broncos

We're amazingly poo poo right now, our forward pack is just atrocious as a cohesive unit. It'd be a copout to blame origin as well.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Greg Bird for dumbest sin bin in recent memory.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Best part was Nathan Friend just putting his hand over Bird's mouth during the first penalty to stop him talking.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Red_Museum posted:

Best part was Nathan Friend just putting his hand over Bird's mouth during the first penalty to stop him talking.

Yeah, Friend puts his hand over Bird's mouth and says "shut your loving mouth", audible on the ref's mic, then the ref says "thanks Nathan" :lol:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Should be on some compilations of hilarious moments for the rest of time.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jesus Christ Tigers, try to make the match fixing a little less obvious.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
They basically went to the bunker to show replays of a forward pass

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The Mitchell Moses experience

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Red_Museum posted:

They basically went to the bunker to show replays of a forward pass

I almost switched the game off at that point, then we got the kick-off back and I decided to hang around.

Then they got the intercept and it was back to Netflix.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Tigers lose this by a point in golden point, just because

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Abalone Malone posted:

Tigers lose this by a point in golden point, just because

Already expecting this.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Well we didn't wait for extra time

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

So, 26 points down at half-time. That's the Tigers team I remember. The one that makes me crazy. The one that I only survive because of having a drink.

Let's shake things up a bit!

For the entirety of July, I'll be completely sober. I'll be watching every moment of horrific play or mesmerising brilliance with no chemical assistance. All for the benefit of cancer sufferers.

That's right, if anyone can help out for this cause it'd be massively appreciated. Not by me - I'll be cursing all your names as I cry myself to sleep. But by the people who benefit from your generosity.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.dryjuly.com/users/peter-thorburn

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks for the charity donations, they're greatly appreciated! Anyone who hasn't yet, please do so and I'll make sure to curse your name as I fight off my depression for the next month...

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Smorgasbord posted:

Yeah, Friend puts his hand over Bird's mouth and says "shut your loving mouth", audible on the ref's mic, then the ref says "thanks Nathan" :lol:

Fantastic.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Kieran Foran has stopped going to Eels rehab sessions and has been stripped of the captaincy, fined $5000 and issued with a breach notice (3 of those and you're sacked). Please get well Kieran :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Smorgasbord posted:

Kieran Foran has stopped going to Eels rehab sessions and has been stripped of the captaincy, fined $5000 and issued with a breach notice (3 of those and you're sacked). Please get well Kieran :(

He will be on a plain to Fiji soon

• Locked thread