Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

tpink posted:

I love this idea of the world's most coordinated and dumbest scum team where ALL OF THEM quickly jump on a -10 vote to bring it to a -4. :allears:

It would have made sense in the context of approaching deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Li Dawny posted:

Right, and if we we do even the lightest of set up spec (which I don't usually do but fine) there are around six scum total (on average scum makes up about 1/4 of the player population) which could have put him as far as -4. And if a few scum made decent case posts grabbing an extra four townies as we approach the deadline isn't unreasonable. That's why I believe in conversation before voting, which is what I was trying to get across.

In what universe are all 6 or however many of the scum, especially when they may or may not even be on the same team (speculation), going to make a coordinated jump like that on day one? Also, why would everyone already on Adahn at that time necessarily have to be town?

Preview edit:

tpink posted:

I love this idea of the world's most coordinated and dumbest scum team where ALL OF THEM quickly jump on a -10 vote to bring it to a -4. :allears:

Basically, what he said

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Flying Leatherman posted:

In what universe are all 6 or however many of the scum, especially when they may or may not even be on the same team (speculation), going to make a coordinated jump like that on day one? Also, why would everyone already on Adahn at that time necessarily have to be town?

Preview edit:

Basically, what he said

Okay so I was working off of worst case scenario, but I think that's the best way to play Mafia.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Li Dawny posted:

Okay so I was working off of worst case scenario, but I think that's the best way to play Mafia.

##vote Li Dawny

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

##vote Li Dawny

this is a scum vote

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Truth Quark posted:

You know who just up and vanished after being declared town by a couple veterans? TMM.

I'm reading along, but I just haven't been in a posting mood.

I skimmed over that whole KB/Quid thing from past night, but I probably give it a better read later.

I'm probably going to have to give a closer look at the cases against TQ and Li Downy as those are the ones that my gut is feeling. Not real sure about the one on AA.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Absurd Revolver posted:

this is a scum vote

I'm sorry your scumbro isn't here to OMGUS me but it kinda comes off as desperate trying to defend them like this.

this is a joke post how are you today absurd?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I'm sorry your scumbro isn't here to OMGUS me but it kinda comes off as desperate trying to defend them like this.

this is a joke post how are you today absurd?

i am much better and prepared to destroy all scum

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Absurd Revolver posted:

this is a scum vote

yep its a vote for scum

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

i am much better and prepared to destroy all scum

I am glad to hear this. Because with infinitum gone we need someone to take the mantle of town super poster extraordinaire oh wait poo poo he flipped scum... uh... maintain course?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Moatillata posted:

Esp since quid has claimed he is the new boss. This is some bullshit cpig. Are you being intentionally dense or what

Nah I was on the fence with you and I wanted to see how you reacted. I feel better about you, but you know who I don't feel better about?

Anarc

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I agree with this case. I actually got a lot of the same feelings from moats posting before I even saw this one. Moat is doing what scum often get caught doing - summarizing the game because it makes it look like they have content. He calls out someone for not scum hunting when he hasn't done any the whole game. He posts a lot about setup spec. I'm def getting a scummy vibe from moat.

Would vote aa or moat today

Here she is agreeing with my not so good case , even though she has been pushing for lynching an uncc'ed cop claim all day (along with all you other scummy fucks wasting time on that)

She was even pushing for AA yesterday and after his claim instead of like, looking for something else besides the uncc'ed cop claim (you are an idiot if you are voting for AA right now) she just doubles down on him.

anarc is a scum, good day to you sirs and madams

##vote anarc

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Li Dawny posted:

the situation described is not one I would describe as "worst case" from a town-aligned perspective

in fact, it's arguably a situation that would only arise if the scum team is composed of robots who have an overriding directive of "lynch dudes not us regardless of consequences"

My point is, I am not seeing logical consistency here

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also AR, buddy, why are you acting like there is nothing to go on or say?

Are you scum? because there is a lot going on right now.

Absurd Revolver posted:

someone case me so i have something to say

That in particular is a really very bad post.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Ar why is Lil D not scum? Is this because she is your chosen?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

It's because I'm not scum.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
I think AA is a scum alignment cop and I will stand by that opinion.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Just a reminder if you are voting for the uncced cop on day 2 , you are either an idiot or scum.

Thank you.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Li Dawny posted:

It's because I'm not scum.

Neither am I and while it does feel good to bond over somethibt in common I was asking AR

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
ugh i dunno i know a lot is going on but when i go back and read i end up contradicting myself in the arguments i make

n1 was a slaughter and gave us both a lot of information and misinformation

i'm town so i'm not worried about getting lynched and when i'm not worried about getting lynched i'm complacent and bored

i like to live on the mafia edge and this is like dead center of the table

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Moatillata posted:

after my first endgame defeat in warriors i went into seclusion and studied the words of li scummy and how she lead us all to the slaughter

she's not scum this time

go read trumpening for another good example of her scum work, or ramen

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CapitalistPig posted:

Just a reminder if you are voting for the uncced cop on day 2 , you are either an idiot or scum.

Thank you.

THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE bc there is not necessarily only one cop!! He could very easily fake claim cop in a game that can have more than one of the same role.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

So we had a reckless vig, an innocent child, an alignment cop and bosses. I wonder which you are.

Also can't wait til you backpedal tmrw for being wrong about me, but of course, since you're probably scum you already know this.

If I were scum and knew you were town, why the hell would I be pushing your lynch? People would obviously go after me if you flip town. I have no such inside knowledge.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Absurd Revolver posted:

after my first endgame defeat in warriors i went into seclusion and studied the words of li scummy and how she lead us all to the slaughter

she's not scum this time

go read trumpening for another good example of her scum work, or ramen

While I appreciate your response, I am not a fan of it because it necessitates me reading three separate Mafia games in order to come to a conclusion which I have neither the time nor inclination to do rn

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I have no real incentive to reread or case anyone else at this point because I spent a lot of time on my KB case and it has either been dismissed without comment or ignored.

##vote Li Dawny

Coordinate who I should instruct assassins to kill in the night or whatever, I'm probably dead tomorrow.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
can't wait to catch out the scum who vote on Li dawny

ur all gonna be sleeping with the fishes

Quidnose posted:

I have no real incentive to reread or case anyone else at this point because I spent a lot of time on my KB case and it has either been dismissed without comment or ignored.

##vote Li Dawny

Coordinate who I should instruct assassins to kill in the night or whatever, I'm probably dead tomorrow.

:siren:quid doesn't want to argue:siren:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quid doesn't want to spend three hours casing someone to have it completely ignored in the morning.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

##vote Li Dawny

So, you don't feel like playing, or arguing with me which you seem to want to do in every game that we're town, so you just vote me.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Quidnose posted:

Quid doesn't want to spend three hours casing someone to have it completely ignored in the morning.

you should start adding flashy gifs and state your cases with edited song lyrics if you want people to take you seriously

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am not even engaging with you? I like the case on you, I think people have made a lot of good points, and I think you are playing p. scummy.

I am not sure how I am not wanting to argue with you, why is this even being brought up. Do I need to engage you first in order to find you scummy and vote you :confused:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Absurd Revolver posted:

you should start adding flashy gifs and state your cases with edited song lyrics if you want people to take you seriously

I did the first part many times!

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

I am not even engaging with you? I like the case on you, I think people have made a lot of good points, and I think you are playing p. scummy.

I am not sure how I am not wanting to argue with you, why is this even being brought up. Do I need to engage you first in order to find you scummy and vote you :confused:

You have an opinion on everything, as can be seen in the KB case you made, but for this you suddenly don't? Just a me too, and call it a day?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I mean do you think I'm scum, Li? Am I acting scummy here? Why are you pushing this? I am allowed to be annoyed that people ignored my case and vote for you because I like that case, aren't I? Or are you insinuating that I am scum?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

I never ignore you quidad :3

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Quidnose posted:

I mean do you think I'm scum, Li? Am I acting scummy here? Why are you pushing this? I am allowed to be annoyed that people ignored my case and vote for you because I like that case, aren't I? Or are you insinuating that I am scum?

Its p obvs its an OMGUS with out the actual vote.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

I'm not saying your scum, I'm saying that it's a bad vote and it's not like you, so it colors my opinions a bit. With your previous casing I see you as town still, but this isn't a town play.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I mean I kinda see the meta call on LD but I've only played like two games with her.

She isn't a high volume poster but she does usually contribute more I would say. I don't think I could make a hard scum call at this point.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

I'm not saying your scum, I'm saying that it's a bad vote and it's not like you, so it colors my opinions a bit. With your previous casing I see you as town still, but this isn't a town play.

I am 100% confirmed town. It is a town play because I, as town, am doing it.

It might be a bad and lazy play, but you trying to frame it as a scum play confirms to me that you are scum.

Same reason I had a negative reaction to KB doing it as well, same side of the mouth thing.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

What I want to know is why Li Dawny feels the need to over engage Quidad of all people? When she could just ignore him and coast on the fact that they usually get ignored cuz they r mafia dad.

Like legit my argument and AR's got a quick one paragraph rebuttal but quidad is getting the whole of her wrath.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

I am 100% confirmed town. It is a town play because I, as town, am doing it.

It might be a bad and lazy play, but you trying to frame it as a scum play confirms to me that you are scum.

Same reason I had a negative reaction to KB doing it as well, same side of the mouth thing.

Have you never heard of playing against your win condition? I'm not saying you are in general, but I am saying that this post is. Scum aren't the only people who can make scummy posts, that's basically how Disney ended the way it did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Also I almost forgot that the only way quidad could be confirmed anymore town is if they die. So why is she arguing over the top with confirmed town of all people.... curiouser and curiouser.

• Locked thread