Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Li Dawny posted:

Have you never heard of playing against your win condition? I'm not saying you are in general, but I am saying that this post is. Scum aren't the only people who can make scummy posts, that's basically how Disney ended the way it did.

Then call my post bad. Don't insist it is scummy; my post isn't scummy if I am town.

If I make a bad post PURPOSEFULLY, that is scummy.
If I make a bad post BECAUSE I AM FRUSTRATED TOWN, that's a bad post.

It's all about intent. Really big difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

What I want to know is why Li Dawny feels the need to over engage Quidad of all people? When she could just ignore him and coast on the fact that they usually get ignored cuz they r mafia dad.

Like legit my argument and AR's got a quick one paragraph rebuttal but quidad is getting the whole of her wrath.

You know why I don't engage you Jimson? Because you're useless to engage. You make arguments based on how many words people use and if their phone is 'really' dying or if they're trying to 'buy time'. I don't like you on a personal level and if I could retroactively go back and never join a game you were in, I would. I don't want to spend my time defending my word choice or some other random play style choice that you've decided is scummy because you say so.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE bc there is not necessarily only one cop!! He could very easily fake claim cop in a game that can have more than one of the same role.

Umm , anarc, I am afraid it is you not making sense.

You are scum though so I understand why you really really want a claimed cop dead.

Let me explain to you though, why town should not.

You see a cop is a town sided role who could potentially help us locate scum.

So lynching one who is untested and un countered is really a very bad move if you are town.

It will be easier to determine if he is lying as we go forward as opposed to cutting it off right now.

This whole aa thing is BAD and also DUMB.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

If I were scum and knew you were town, why the hell would I be pushing your lynch? People would obviously go after me if you flip town. I have no such inside knowledge.

God you just absolutely scream scum. Is no one else seeing this?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

CapitalistPig posted:

i am, now

rereading

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

So basically you have time to argue with me over semantics, but not time to actually comment on or form a case on me of your own.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

CapitalistPig posted:

No? That post seemed pretty genuine to me. The only good argument I've seen from you, since you've been too busy calling the bad without saying why, is that yes, we can test AA more and more as the game progresses. I hadn't thought of that.

It would rely on us potentially wasting shine on a scum cop though.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Absurd Revolver posted:

i am, now

rereading

boy i am glad anarc has been lurking because there aren't too many posts to read

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Truth Quark posted:

No? That post seemed pretty genuine to me. The only good argument I've seen from you, since you've been too busy calling the bad without saying why, is that yes, we can test AA more and more as the game progresses. I hadn't thought of that.

It would rely on us potentially wasting shine on a scum cop though.

Mafia edit: calling things bad

Thanks phone

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Truth Quark posted:

The only good argument I've seen from you, since you've been too busy calling the bad without saying why

You are bad at reading apparently.

Why don't you try actually reading my posts, you might better understand what I am talking about.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

If I were scum and knew you were town, why the hell would I be pushing your lynch? People would obviously go after me if you flip town. I have no such inside knowledge.

Ok TQ let me break it down so that even an idiot can understand.

Saying "If I were scum why would I be doing this!" Is a way that scum like to use to disguise their actions as being townie because "Oh boy if I was scum doing this that would be risky!" Even though scum gambits are risky by default. Why would she be doing this as scum?

Well if for some reason you are scum, and AA flips scum you look like you were on a scum and did the right thing, if AA flips town , well, thats one less cop scum would have to worry about and you have done your team a service and can now get lost in the crowd of other people on the lynch and maybe paint one of them as scummier.

So part 1 of her post is scum posturing.

Part two

"I have no such inside knowledge"

Lol, ok sure.

That's the same as saying "Boy guys I sure am so town!"

It is LAMIST bullshit.

Does that help you understand it better?

I tried really hard to break it down so that even a dumb and wrong idiot like you could understand the glaringly obvious.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

CapitalistPig posted:

You are bad at reading apparently.

Why don't you try actually reading my posts, you might better understand what I am talking about.

That is almost as bad of an idea as reading a Quidnose slap fight.

The post I quoted is the first I've seen that actually presents new reasoning for not lynching AA. Everything else is just HES UNCC'D OMG BADS which has been addressed by people other than myself numerous times. Maybe YOU should try reading the thread?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Li Dawny posted:

So basically you have time to argue with me over semantics, but not time to actually comment on or form a case on me of your own.

This is how scum wins guys. They get you to a point where you don't care anymore, so you make a call without putting in the critical thought required, then people go 'ct, must be right' just like Ferngully.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Li Dawny posted:

You know why I don't engage you Jimson? Because you're useless to engage. You make arguments based on how many words people use and if their phone is 'really' dying or if they're trying to 'buy time'. I don't like you on a personal level and if I could retroactively go back and never join a game you were in, I would. I don't want to spend my time defending my word choice or some other random play style choice that you've decided is scummy because you say so.

Lmao this post is like... I want this all under my AV. This is the most scum of all scum posts.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Truth Quark posted:

That is almost as bad of an idea as reading a Quidnose slap fight.

The post I quoted is the first I've seen that actually presents new reasoning for not lynching AA. Everything else is just HES UNCC'D OMG BADS which has been addressed by people other than myself numerous times. Maybe YOU should try reading the thread?

LOL TQ, jesus christ him being an uncced cop should be the only reason you need as town. Stop being so loving dense.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This game's a little angry.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

CapitalistPig posted:

LOL TQ, jesus christ him being an uncced cop should be the only reason you need as town. Stop being so loving dense.

Hey guess what I have a different opinion about AA's claim then you. I'm also going to leave it at that because I'm not here to defend ANarc.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Truth Quark posted:

I'm also going to leave it at that because I'm not here to defend ANarc.

So what you are saying is that you are purposely refusing to actually read my posts explaining why anarc is scum and my actual casework on her.

good to know that you are also scum.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
joke phase hedge -1

I did not advocate a turbo. I sarcastically said that turbos are a good idea. If I had actually been pro-turbo, I would have voted.

correct on inf +1

I think this is probably a huge town slapfight and scum are just sitting back and :munch:ing

In Disney Princesses, infinitum did some fun and hilarious song writing which caused him to coast for a very long time. Turns out he was scum. I'm not gonna let someone get away with trying to entertain the thread to stay alive again.

Notice that AA's story of rereading the thread actually has very little content. There's nothing to back up any of his suspicions or vote. It's more like a summary of the thread than commentary and that is inherently scummy.

##vote aa

pointless request for clarification -1

So are you or are you not loved today

hedge leads to bad vote instead of sticking to a strong read on inf -1

##vote glowku idk why but no lynching is bad probably.

We are at -3 (or -4 if he is loved) with a little over 2 hrs left

legit confusion +1

Did you just say you're not a universal backup? Now I'm confused.

self-conscious wifom? +?

Cat I don't think you understand what I was saying. Infinitum was tunneling adahn ALL of day 1. Not just towards the end. I'm saying adahn probably isn't scum bc why would infinitum be bussing him super hard from the beginning

anger and finger pointing -1

This is such an OMGUS. Me and TQ both think you're scum. TQ unvotes and now you vote me. Oh please. If you actually think I'm scum, make a case. Btw I don't believe your shine role claim. Since roles are in the OP it's really easy to just claim whatever you want, and if you are scum, you can obviously say you cleared someone because you guys know who isn't scum.

BONUS: explain this post +2/-2

I think more than one person can have the same shine role. Either that or someone in this thread is lying.

losing composure and setup argument seems too knowledgeable -1

THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE bc there is not necessarily only one cop!! He could very easily fake claim cop in a game that can have more than one of the same role.

wifom 2: but worse -1

TOTAL: (2 or 6)?

RESULT: ##vote anarc

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Absurd Revolver posted:

TOTAL: (-2 or -6)?

RESULT: ##vote anarc
mafiaedit

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yo people who are reading, can you look at Viva's summary post about Inf yesterday and tell me if it looks like it offers an actual opinion or if it's a bunch of white noise? I am going to push this because I know I am right here~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'll even quote it for you again!

VivaNova posted:

Best votes: Infin, AR, AA, MG.

Infin misrepresented his role initially. However, I understand that as a boss he wants others bosses dead, and if he really is town aligned, he might believe that no rival bosses are as well. Currently he has it in his head that adahn is a scum boss, though I feel there's insufficient evidence to back this up on both counts. Most of the points in his case are plainly wrong or super reaching. I would very much like to kill him for poor casing and arguably anti-town play. For mechanics reasons, I'm not sure it's a great idea to kill a boss today though. I'm open to discussing this.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Guys, I have a great idea.

Let's all ASSUME that there is more than one cop and bandwagon the hell out of our only claimed cop, rather than letting the other cop(s) investigate AA.

As town, it is our absolute prerogative to lynch uncounterclaimed cops, just in case we have extra cops lying around.

Much town. Very play. So idea.

And now, to vote someone who came in to bus AA, played scummy yesterday and today, and voted AA AGAIN after he CLAIMED COP and NOBODY COUNTERCLAIMED.

Oh wait. It seems I already did that.

Carry on, Mafia thread.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Omg how many times do I have to say this - there's no such thing as an uncced cop in this game. There isn't only one of each role so counter claiming doesn't mean poo poo

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yo Adahn, who else is scum?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Omg how many times do I have to say this - there's no such thing as an uncced cop in this game. There isn't only one of each role so counter claiming doesn't mean poo poo

Waiting to see about someone investigating AA is not a bad idea, though.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Absurd Revolver posted:

after my first endgame defeat in warriors i went into seclusion and studied the words of li scummy and how she lead us all to the slaughter

she's not scum this time

go read trumpening for another good example of her scum work, or ramen

See, I actually have the opposite view and this is also what's pinging me about LD now - I've been in other games where she was scum and her posting here feels more similar to those games than her town play. It's not enough for me to place a vote on her just yet because I have mixed feelings about meta votes in general, but it's another point of information for me.

LD appearing to suggest that Quid may be scum because he's going after is also REALLY not helping her case.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Quidnose posted:

Yo people who are reading, can you look at Viva's summary post about Inf yesterday and tell me if it looks like it offers an actual opinion or if it's a bunch of white noise? I am going to push this because I know I am right here~

It reads as very hedgy to me, but I would need to go back and look at Inf's case on Adahn that she references to be certain. I'll do that when I have access to a computer.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

tpink posted:

See, I actually have the opposite view and this is also what's pinging me about LD now - I've been in other games where she was scum and her posting here feels more similar to those games than her town play. It's not enough for me to place a vote on her just yet because I have mixed feelings about meta votes in general, but it's another point of information for me.

LD appearing to suggest that Quid may be scum because he's going after is also REALLY not helping her case.

i didn't even know you were in this game tpink

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

tpink posted:

I never called him scum, I specifically said he wasn't scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

tpink posted:

This is what KB did as well :eng101:

I really wish people would actually read what I am saying about KB.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Absurd Revolver posted:

i didn't even know you were in this game tpink

Hi friend.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

I'll even quote it for you again!

Quid, you really are the bomb, you know that? That was a pretty hedgy post, and if any of the people who suggested lynching a boss D1 was a bad idea flips scum, I'm going to take a hard look at everyone who suggested it.

It very well could have been Infinitum who submitted Dongsbot's name to the merc and got him killed. We don't have any flavor apart from everyone getting "filled with lead", so I'm a bit pissed that so many people ignored Infin's egregiously scummy play (despite acknowledging it) in favor of lynching me or Glowku.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

Quid, you really are the bomb, you know that? That was a pretty hedgy post, and if any of the people who suggested lynching a boss D1 was a bad idea flips scum, I'm going to take a hard look at everyone who suggested it.

It very well could have been Infinitum who submitted Dongsbot's name to the merc and got him killed. We don't have any flavor apart from everyone getting "filled with lead", so I'm a bit pissed that so many people ignored Infin's egregiously scummy play (despite acknowledging it) in favor of lynching me or Glowku.

See, here's the thing, I went into this post in detail last night and I connected KB as scum to it. So why haven't you read my interaction with him and seen that I already did this, Adahn?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Li Dawny posted:

I never called him scum, I specifically said he wasn't scum.

Li Dawny, this is the post of yours that I'm talking about :

Li Dawny posted:

Have you never heard of playing against your win condition? I'm not saying you are in general, but I am saying that this post is. Scum aren't the only people who can make scummy posts, that's basically how Disney ended the way it did.

I guess if we want to get pedantic, yes, you called that post by Quid scummy without calling Quid scum specifically.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Li Dawny posted:

jimmy is a good man and i wont have u tarnish his name

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
quid's p smart to have chosen honest visitor because every1 always thinks hes scummy

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

Yo Adahn, who else is scum?

Right now my strongest read is on TQ.

Then isn't AA a better invest target than a lynch target? If he lives too long as a cop we know something is up, anyways. What kind of dumbass mafia team keeps a cop alive? Hell, even the 3P boss will probably take him out, as they will come up as not-outfit aligned.

Do you know what that means? It means that even if he IS scum, he's toast. Why waste a lynch?

I can't..even...

Someone? Anyone? Am I making sense to anyone here? Does this parse?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

See, here's the thing, I went into this post in detail last night and I connected KB as scum to it. So why haven't you read my interaction with him and seen that I already did this, Adahn?

There are at least 3 people who did that though (TQ, KB, someone else?) so if they are ALL scum then ooooops.

Other than that, he reads town to me, and I'd much sooner go after TQ who has been otherwise been playing very scummy and had connections to Infinitum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##unvote ok but I still think he's scum. Especially if he's still alive tmrw after claiming cop.

• Locked thread