Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

##unvote ok but I still think he's scum. Especially if he's still alive tmrw after claiming cop.

I don't think I should be allowed to live. I wouldn't be able to get another investigation off until n3 providing I got doctored for tonight, received shine and was doctored on n3. I think info from my flip might be of most use to town at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Omg how many times do I have to say this - there's no such thing as an uncced cop in this game. There isn't only one of each role so counter claiming doesn't mean poo poo

But it does mean something , not even just in the context of this game.

AA is a claimed cop.

There are no other claimed cops currently.

As town you should not want to lynch the only cop we know for sure that we have right now, it is that simple.

If it is a scum gambit then we will find out because as time goes on he will make mistakes or another cop will come out of the woodwork or any number of things that will give us more insight.

IF you want to lynch AA before we have been allowed to test his cop claim then it is scummy, point blank, period.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I don't think I should be allowed to live. I wouldn't be able to get another investigation off until n3 providing I got doctored for tonight, received shine and was doctored on n3. I think info from my flip might be of most use to town at this point.

Not really sure how to take this. Who are you claiming to be scum and what info are we gonna get from your flip?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

##unvote ok but I still think he's scum. Especially if he's still alive tmrw after claiming cop.

Lol, there are any number of reasons that scum would keep AA around tonight, chief being that you have basically , if you aren't scum, told them how they can control your vote tomorrow. good Job.

But I think you and I both know you are scum so yeah.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Not really sure how to take this. Who are you claiming to be scum and what info are we gonna get from your flip?

I can't claim with certainty that anyone is scum, but I suspect at least one and probably two among ANarc, TQ and KB.

You'll be able to look at the lead up votes. Too, who is sniping who is clearly voting a bandwagon, etc.

Better than pidgeonholing other potential roles.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

I disagree, I'm sure there are plenty of people that have shine and are able to give it to you. I know if I was a doc of some kind I would certainly be protecting you tonight.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also we don't know if there's a janitor, roleblocker, framer in the mix. So I'm not guaranteed to get an investigation even on N3 and if I get NKd and im janitored or someone can mess with thr flip results, town loses info from my flip. Lynching me is best for town imo.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Also we don't know if there's a janitor, roleblocker, framer in the mix. So I'm not guaranteed to get an investigation even on N3 and if I get NKd and im janitored or someone can mess with thr flip results, town loses info from my flip. Lynching me is best for town imo.

I guess you have a point. There is probably a redirector or two just looking at the shine roles so night action speculation is probably dumb.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Not to mention Quidnose is our only link to the merc hit list.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The fact still stands though that I think anarc is the scummiest person in the thread now and would prefer her to be todays lynch.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ok, so did a re-read of Dawny.

She's playing an extremely passive game. Her interest is basically in avoiding notice and ensuring that lynches happen properly.

She hasn't cased anyone or thrown out hard opinions. When heat started building on her she became defensive and started attacking confirmed town.

She continues to withhold all of her opinions on other players, and refused to answer Quid (perhaps others?) when questioned about who she thinks is scum, how scummy/townie someone is, etc.

This is Dawny's scum game.

##vote Li Dawny

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Adahn1986 posted:

She's playing an extremely passive game. Her interest is basically in avoiding notice and ensuring that lynches happen properly.

She hasn't cased anyone or thrown out hard opinions. When heat started building on her she became defensive and started attacking confirmed town.

She continues to withhold all of her opinions on other players, and refused to answer Quid (perhaps others?) when questioned about who she thinks is scum, how scummy/townie someone is, etc.

##vote Li Dawny
What about her being mean to me. Is that scum Dawny too? She was REALLY insistant on putting that out there instead of in pm where drama belongs. Seems calculated.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

##vote Li Dawny

I seem to remember you saying the exact same thing in Ferngully. How did that work out for you?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

What about her being mean to me. Is that scum Dawny too? She was REALLY insistant on putting that out there instead of in pm where drama belongs. Seems calculated.

but you are a big jerk face who hates fun

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

And to be honest, I don't know who's town or scum. I have a few thoughts, but not enough to make a case that would be more than a sentence or two. I'm sorry that I don't have a lot to add, I wasn't given a lot to work with in this game and it looks like everyone is running around trying to stab as many people as possible in order to survive.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
dawny r u the merc?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

flerp posted:

dawny r u the merc?

I don't even know what that means. I'm basically nothing, so as far as town lunches go I'm not a bad choice I guess.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Li Dawny posted:

And to be honest, I don't know who's town or scum. I have a few thoughts, but not enough to make a case that would be more than a sentence or two. I'm sorry that I don't have a lot to add, I wasn't given a lot to work with in this game and it looks like everyone is running around trying to stab as many people as possible in order to survive.

So write those two sentences! Throw your thoughts out and get it out there.

Play some mafia.

fwiw I don't think you are scum.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Li Dawny posted:

I don't even know what that means. I'm basically nothing, so as far as town lunches go I'm not a bad choice I guess.

u know da merc that carries out the boss kills. u can trust me dawny were besties

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mafia edit: this is the important part of that post

[*]Rolecop - can investigate someone else at night, learning both their Role and Shine Role.

You're operating under a couple false assumptions. The first is that just because the Role Cop can detect Roles and Shine roles means that there are (m)any players with both.

The second is that players who participated in the Shine Lottery were anything other than vanilla towns. So far, everybody who claimed to be part of the lottery claimed to be (and flipped, in Glowku's case) vanilla with a shine power.

Li Dawny posted:

I seem to remember you saying the exact same thing in Ferngully. How did that work out for you?

Except in Ferngully you cased people. Who is scum, Dawny? Who do you have town reads on? Why is it that the past couple dozen of your posts have been purely defensive in nature?

Why don't you give us some info to work with here? You've been asked multiple direct questions about reads and ignored all of them. The only things you respond to are assertions that you might be scum this game.

That's...kinda scummy, and it's part of why I'm voting you. I'm not really on the fence this time.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

flerp posted:

but you are a big jerk face who hates fun

I mean its not wrong.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

flerp posted:

u know da merc that carries out the boss kills. u can trust me dawny were besties

I am not. I wish I was, that would be exciting, but to be poked at when I have nothing of importance to hold onto makes a kinda apathetic I guess.

As far as read go first I'd like to agree with whoever's making calls to lynch lurkers, because how can people have posted less than me? It's unreal. Secondly, Quid's case on KB was well done, and I'm torn on if it was a town slap fight or KB trying to work Quid into a tizzy and get him to tunnel, because Quid will back off of a tunnel if no one is supporting it except him, but that would mean KB (or another scum) would have to know Quid's meta game fairly well. You, CPig, are being really efforty and it makes me think of a game (maybe ordinary) and your scum game there.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
W/r/t AA, my two cents are that we should look elsewhere today and resolve it tomorrow if necessary.

Adahn, I don't think - and I think someone else already said this - that we can necessarily assume everyone in the lottery is vanilla town. If a scumbo who participated in the lottery sees other people saying "yeah I'm vanilla and was in the lottery" what are they realistically going to say?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

She's mean to you because she genuinely dislikes you as a person. She can't communicate with you by PM because it's against the rules.

And it's not calculated. Don't overanalyze her in that regard, she'll outright tell you how she feels and that isn't part of her playing the game, though it does influence her own personal gameplay choices on occasion.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

King Burgundy posted:

Btw this is all you have to offer the conversation?

you're probably both town idiots just going at it
is that better?

(also I guess working nights means I miss 200 posts while I'm asleep)

sorry, I don't really have a lot of scum reads this game. I have a lot of "wow this sounds like stupid town" reads, and then the one that died n1 anyway.

like, if AA is town (which I think he is) then this is a stupid town post. like, okay, sure, maybe your flip gives us more information, but why the gently caress would we want to get rid of you? you're like "oh no the odds are low I get to cop again" BETTER THAN ODDS OF ZERO

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Li Dawny posted:

I am not. I wish I was, that would be exciting, but to be poked at when I have nothing of importance to hold onto makes a kinda apathetic I guess.

As far as read go first I'd like to agree with whoever's making calls to lynch lurkers, because how can people have posted less than me? It's unreal. Secondly, Quid's case on KB was well done, and I'm torn on if it was a town slap fight or KB trying to work Quid into a tizzy and get him to tunnel, because Quid will back off of a tunnel if no one is supporting it except him, but that would mean KB (or another scum) would have to know Quid's meta game fairly well. You, CPig, are being really efforty and it makes me think of a game (maybe ordinary) and your scum game there.

I am being efforty because I promised my close personal friend Podima I would put in effort and not just be my usual lurky shitposty self because he yelled at me. :ohdear:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

curiousCat posted:

you're probably both town idiots just going at it
is that better?

(also I guess working nights means I miss 200 posts while I'm asleep)

sorry, I don't really have a lot of scum reads this game. I have a lot of "wow this sounds like stupid town" reads, and then the one that died n1 anyway.

like, if AA is town (which I think he is) then this is a stupid town post. like, okay, sure, maybe your flip gives us more information, but why the gently caress would we want to get rid of you? you're like "oh no the odds are low I get to cop again" BETTER THAN ODDS OF ZERO

Good attempt at content, but I explain that it's a multi day process before I could even cop again and its contingent on two other roles dedicating their time to me. It's a waste.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Li Dawny posted:

After watching Quid and KB fight I'm pretty sure they're both town. Scum usually, from my experience, don't slap fight that hard.

Li Dawny posted:

Secondly, Quid's case on KB was well done, and I'm torn on if it was a town slap fight or KB trying to work Quid into a tizzy and get him to tunnel, because Quid will back off of a tunnel if no one is supporting it except him, but that would mean KB (or another scum) would have to know Quid's meta game fairly well. You, CPig, are being really efforty and it makes me think of a game (maybe ordinary) and your scum game there.

Uhhhh, what changed here?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Flying Leatherman posted:

W/r/t AA, my two cents are that we should look elsewhere today and resolve it tomorrow if necessary.

Adahn, I don't think - and I think someone else already said this - that we can necessarily assume everyone in the lottery is vanilla town. If a scumbo who participated in the lottery sees other people saying "yeah I'm vanilla and was in the lottery" what are they realistically going to say?

Did I say vanilla town that time? I meant to just say vanilla. It could be that mafiosos were part of the lottery as well. I think that's unlikely, but certainly possible.

I'm skeptical of there being any/many straight power roles in the town simply because of the fact that Dongs is dead.

I mean, seriously. What the hell?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

Uhhhh, what changed here?

I read and tried to think through multiple angles. Have you never changed your mind on things? Also, to CPig, I could actually see you doing that so way to be a good friend!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

CapitalistPig posted:

I am being efforty because I promised my close personal friend Podima I would put in effort and not just be my usual lurky shitposty self because he yelled at me. :ohdear:

the true hero

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

I mean you might as well roleclaim at this point if you're going to do this. None of the lottery roles are useless.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

I mean you might as well roleclaim at this point if you're going to do this. None of the lottery roles are useless.

I never said I got a lottery role. I mean, I was loved yesterday by AR and that was directed by the lottery I guess, but that's it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So you have no role

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

So you have no role

Not currently, I could pick one up later if I'm fast enough.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Li Dawny posted:

Not currently, I could pick one up later if I'm fast enough.

How does this mechsnic work? As some kind of shine inheritance that youre misappropriating as a role? Or because your lying?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

How does this mechsnic work? As some kind of shine inheritance that youre misappropriating as a role? Or because your lying?

Probably the shine backups that people have been talking about, I would assume.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Same as Adahn, universal shine backup. When someone with a power does the first person to claim that power, gets it. I didn't get one, not fast enough.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

Same as Adahn, universal shine backup. When someone with a power does the first person to claim that power, gets it. I didn't get one, not fast enough.

What do you mean you weren't fast enough? Did you try?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Li Dawny posted:

Ah okay. But I don't see hoe that would clear you as town.

I know you only really brought it up to answer quidad but still everyone needs to be aware of that.

• Locked thread