Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

No 3D at all.

OK, just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with my 3DS. Didn't Nintendo used to mandate at least some 3D for all 3DS games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

The ending that leads into the VLR timeline is so hosed up.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

OK, just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with my 3DS. Didn't Nintendo used to mandate at least some 3D for all 3DS games?

Like years ago. They have since gone lax on that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm already stuck on my first puzzle room

:yeah:

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

Eric really is the worst, huh

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

the truth posted:

I'm stuck 3/4 through a puzzle because I can't figure out how to get the game to let me do anything.

D - Healing Room not sure how to line up or interact with the chopped down tree and the chair

Edit: never mind

This was the first puzzle room I played and it was really annoying because I knew what to do it just took me a long time to click in the right spot to get it to happen. Smooth sailing since then though!

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Maybe it's just the lack of active comparison, but things don't seem nearly as washed out/dark on 3DS as they did in the comparison videos from earlier.

I swear I was making the above post on my own, but it seems to help you out anyways? Did you inspire me through the Morphogenetic Field or something?

I saw your post in the future and relayed it to my past self, sorry.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Cake Attack posted:

Does the text skip just jump to the next line? Generally I prefer skipping to the next line once I've read it rather then waiting for the whole line to be read by the VA in visual novel type games

No, it skips the current speaker I think? So it could be multiple lines.

Also I think VLR is essential before this game because Sigma and Phi are fully powered up and know everything from VLR. They may even know who you are..

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Oh, I see the tradition of still having to write down passwords is alive and true.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Aksys_Danny/status/747871204636168192

https://twitter.com/Aksys_Danny/status/747877063483228160

https://twitter.com/Aksys_Danny/status/747877985085120512

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
This game hasn't disappointed any of my expectations yet, holy cow. :aaaaa:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk if it's the game or my vita being rear end but my buttons will just stop working for a good 10-20 seconds before the game gives me back control and the touchscreen barely works. The same does not happen when I go to the vita menu.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Early game:

I somehow unlocked the all teams survive and C team deaths, but when I saw someone else playing it on the 3ds, they were able to unlock Q team deaths and D team deaths before getting into the puzzle thing. However, the person on the 3ds was unable to unlock the all teams survive and c team deaths. Each time they went through with a choice with any team, it showed them the death of D team. The following path they chose saw diana waking up and remembering that their heads blew off. Did I mess something up? Trying to do the same on vita just kicks me back to the flowchart after the vote cutscene...There doesn't seem to be a similar C team "wtf I thought we died" reaction.

Also the Vita hitches a lot and has minor fps issues, though it could be my SD card is just dying. I don't understand why these things don't have lifetime warranties if they're gonna make them a pain to have

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 28, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

AlphaKeny1 posted:

How is the 3DS version so far? I'm waiting for my dumb anime edition from Amazon but I'm tempted to just buy a normal copy today or wait until the Steam version tomorrow.

Maybe it's better on the smaller screen of an actual 3DS, but from what I've seen on Twitch the textures are inexcusably blurry, the graphics are aliased to hell, and the frame rate drops a lot for the 3DS version. The Vita version apparently still has some frame rate issues too (not as much as on 3DS though), but the textures are better and will probably be even better for Steam/PC.

The whole appeal of getting the 3DS version over the Vita version is supposed to be in having 3D functionality to compensate for weaker hardware, but... Welp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seriously, just get it on Vita or Steam/PC.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 28, 2016

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Capsaicin posted:

Oh, I see the tradition of still having to write down passwords is alive and true.

Well at least you can check the log for some of them.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also this game still looks like rear end, I'm sorry. I like it a lot and am engrossed to keep playing and seeing how these nutty scenarios piece together, but these models, animations (and lack thereof, really), and the stupid expressions on Carlos' face every time a make a decision happens is so jarring. I could not look past Akane's literally clipping through her model and at one point having her ponytail jump all around when she moved her head a bit.

This pantry puzzle I'm on is good though and has very uh... Unfortunate implications.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Early game:

I somehow unlocked the all teams survive and C team deaths, but when I saw someone else playing it on the 3ds, they were able to unlock Q team deaths and D team deaths before getting into the puzzle thing. However, the person on the 3ds was unable to unlock the all teams survive and c team deaths. Each time they went through with a choice with any team, it showed them the death of D team. The following path they chose saw diana waking up and remembering that their heads blew off. Did I mess something up? Trying to do the same on vita just kicks me back to the flowchart after the vote cutscene...There doesn't seem to be a similar C team "wtf I thought we died" reaction.

Also the Vita hitches a lot and has minor fps issues, though it could be my SD card is just dying. I don't understand why these things don't have lifetime warranties if they're gonna make them a pain to have

It keeps track of all the teams' choices, you have to go through all three decision points and select the appropriate team. You cant just go watching the cutscenes again. It has the be the choice itself. It'll keep showing you the team that was chosen to die based on what 3 choices were until you explicitly change em

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Maybe it's better on the smaller screen of an actual 3DS, but from what I've seen on Twitch the textures are inexcusably blurry, the graphics are aliased to hell, and the frame rate drops a lot for the 3DS version. The Vita version apparently has some frame rate issues but the textures are better and will probably be even better for Steam/PC.

The whole appeal of getting the 3DS version over the Vita version is supposed to be in having 3D functionality to compensate for weaker hardware, but... Welp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seriously, just get it on Vita or Steam/PC.

Thanks, friend. I have the smaller 3DS but no vita. I wanted the handheld version to take hours long poop breaks but I might as well get the Steam version as well to get the full experience and better graphics. I still have my watch edition preorder, though.

I don't know what it is about this series but I ended up buying multiple copies of each game. Haven't really done that for anything else.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Early game:

Big start spoiler:

If you replay a decision point, the decision you made there most recently counts for the vote. So replay all 3 switching your votes and you should eventually get the death cutscenes for all teams. There is no "all alive" cutscene, it is rolled into the next node.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
What's the consensus: Vita, 3DS, or PC?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Arrrthritis posted:

What's the consensus: Vita, 3DS, or PC?

Are you looking for portability or quality?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I have absolutely no idea how the Pop Off bullseye puzzle was supposed to work. I just started pressing buttons until it worked. Does anyone know how it was supposed to have worked?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Is Sigma a huge loving weirdo in this game? I would hope so, considering he was already a huge weirdo and essentially has spent the past 45 years almost alone on the loving moon.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

Is Sigma a huge loving weirdo in this game? I would hope so, considering he was already a huge weirdo and essentially has spent the past 45 years almost alone on the loving moon.

Yes. Phi jokes about it too. You have to remember he has the consciousness of his 60+ year old version of him in that body.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben
So has anyone worked out how the probabilities work yet? Given the frequency of reports of 5 minute endings I'm inclined to assume your first coin guess is always right. And for the gunfire choice, I killed Sigma first time I fired - did everyone else?

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
How does the lack of narration feel so far? I'm having trouble imagining a Zero Escape game without the main characters internal monologue.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Same.

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

hyphz posted:

So has anyone worked out how the probabilities work yet? Given the frequency of reports of 5 minute endings I'm inclined to assume your first coin guess is always right. And for the gunfire choice, I killed Sigma first time I fired - did everyone else?

Yeah, I got a game over in the chart but there's points beyond it so I dunno what the deal is

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

How does the lack of narration feel so far? I'm having trouble imagining a Zero Escape game without the main characters internal monologue.

Not really far in, but I think the approach they went with works ZTD's format best, given the whole continuous amnesia thing. Plus Carlos, Q, and Diana still feel like viewpoint characters, so don't worry about that at least.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Are you looking for portability or quality?

Quality.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
I'm curious now. I got the 'everyone out in the desert ending' on the first try, and Carlos said something weird. 'I know. You're...' I can't wait to see the next fragment!

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Pryce posted:

I watched this yesterday and I will warn you... even if you've played through the games in their entirety this rush through the plot makes it sound like the most ridiculous storyline ever when it's laid out bare for you.
lol, yeah, how wildly inaccurate.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Then it's going to be PC all the way.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm a little confused now. (Early Game Spoilers) I went and did each choice for each team, and got a scene with Team C dying and also got the "All Alive" button to light up. I get that who dies is dependent on which choice is the "current" one, and that you have to go back to make different choices to get all the death scenes. My question is about how after doing all the choices once I got a bunch of new fragments opened for each team, and I don't know which one is supposed to come next. Is that intentional, or did I mess up by doing all the choices at once and that if I did only one choice for each team, there would only be one new fragment opened for them? It does kinda feel intentional with the amnesia stuff.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm a little confused now. (Early Game Spoilers) I went and did each choice for each team, and got a scene with Team C dying and also got the "All Alive" button to light up. I get that who dies is dependent on which choice is the "current" one, and that you have to go back to make different choices to get all the death scenes. My question is about how after doing all the choices once I got a bunch of new fragments opened for each team, and I don't know which one is supposed to come next. Is that intentional, or did I mess up by doing all the choices at once and that if I did only one choice for each team, there would only be one new fragment opened for them? It does kinda feel intentional with the amnesia stuff.

You don't know. You have to work out the order the fragments are in yourself. Amnesia sucks.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I love the way that they do choices in this game, sometimes making them more involved than just pick one or the other.

Case in point, the choice right after the Pod Room puzzle: You have to actually type in the name for who you think killed Mira to try to sway Eric. He has a unique response for every possible name you give him and you can keep guessing and dying over and over again... but in reality you don't have nearly enough information to figure out the truth. So the correct response is to just do nothing to get Q to admit the truth - he genuinely has no idea. I figured it out fairly early in the process but still kept guessing to see Eric lose his poo poo in different ways.

The game is great so far, and the out of order jumping around is delightfully confusing.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

hyphz posted:

You don't know. You have to work out the order the fragments are in yourself. Amnesia sucks.

Alright, cool. Makes sense, just wanted to make sure I didn't somehow make things more complicated for myself.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Dang it you guys this is the Amazon commiseration thread not the talk about your cool game thread :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm a big dummy who's stuck in the healing room, help please

• Locked thread