Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I got no support though, was not loved or anything else. I just got my role.

I have a thought on this. Nobody has claimed to support you. I am going to give it a bit for people to claim if they did or not and then I am going to post my thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Quidnose posted:

She's not free to dunk today, she would have been if she didn't meet the post requirement today.

:smith:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
##vote curiousCat I'm cooling on AA for now, but I have my eye on you mister.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
All right Quidnose. I read through KB, and while in general I get a town read from him, that could just be the fact that I like his logical thinking.

I find his support of TQ suspicious, and his continued heat on AA to also be suspicious, as lynching AA today is not a smart town move.

I will support you in this.

##vote King Burgundy

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Hey KB I think your town
I have reasons for that I am not gonna detail here, but if I am right I think I know why you are casing AA

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Hey KB I think your town
I have reasons for that I am not gonna detail here
, but if I am right I think I know why you are casing AA

A helpful post.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Adahn supporting my case without commenting on the validity or any details of my case at all is susp as hell

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Jimson, show me what you got in your little Taylor Swift notebook. Who scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Adahn1986 posted:

All right Quidnose. I read through KB, and while in general I get a town read from him, that could just be the fact that I like his logical thinking.

I find his support of TQ suspicious, and his continued heat on AA to also be suspicious, as lynching AA today is not a smart town move.

I will support you in this.

##vote King Burgundy

Sorry, I'll elaborate.

I made a case on TQ that consisted of 6 points. KB dismissed it by addressing two of them and completely ignoring 4 of them. Also, he wants AA killed even though he's our only claimed cop.

I guess that's not reason enough to vote him? I'm combining your gut read/logical argument (with which I disagree) with my own reasons, and reconciling them.

Also, don't submit TQ's name to the killer tonight, please.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
My reads on people are not always correct, but I can ignore my own gut read and focus on a couple suspicious details in order to make the decision to cast a vote, if necessary.

Although, you're always welcome to push for my lynch, Quid. You're confirmed town, I'm not.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

Adahn supporting my case without commenting on the validity or any details of my case at all is susp as hell

If you think about Ferngully it makes sense, you're ct and he seems to believe ct is more right than non ct.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

dongsbot 9000 posted:

http://tindeck.com/listen/wghdi

spitting some morning bars for all ya'll

I wish dongs was still here. dongs rap from the grave like 2pac, please.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Mafiavelli

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I don't know why knowing the word "inherit" is a definite clear. I'm pretty sure that scum have a sample vanilla (or universal one shot backup) role PM for fakeclaim purposes.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SirSamVimes posted:

I don't know why knowing the word "inherit" is a definite clear. I'm pretty sure that scum have a sample vanilla (or universal one shot backup) role PM for fakeclaim purposes.

It's not definite, but she easily could have claimed vanilla plus shine role as there's a list in the OP. Giving our role as a fakeclaim isn't a definite thing either (and arguably gives scum extra info about town they wouldn't otherwise have).

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hey jimson did u got loved last day u can tell me im ur buddy

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

flerp posted:

hey jimson did u got loved last day u can tell me im ur buddy

How would I check? Lol

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

tpink posted:

Jimson, show me what you got in your little Taylor Swift notebook. Who scum.

Added u in 2

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

I'm reading along, but I just haven't been in a posting mood.

I skimmed over that whole KB/Quid thing from past night, but I probably give it a better read later.

I'm probably going to have to give a closer look at the cases against TQ and Li Downy as those are the ones that my gut is feeling. Not real sure about the one on AA.

I'm catching up now but the strength of my inital town meta read on TMM is starting to fade. A town TMM usually seems more engaged than this :ohdear:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

No. I'm not really sure what info AA's cuddle would buy us unless he flips scum.

The reason I'm still thinking of voting him is I think his posting has been scummy. Right now I'm doing some rereading to see what jumps out at me though. I'll take another look at TQ, but one of the reasons I'm not really considering him is I think Adahn's case on him is bad:

For example on 1) This seems like nonsense to me. It was obvious the second Dongs claimed that he was essentially claiming the same thing as inf and so therefore inf was probably also a boss. Thus, I along with many others wanted to hear some clarification from Inf on it. on 2) Tons of people in SA mafia get mad or think you are scummy if you jump in and defend other people instead of letting them defend themselves. This doesn't stop me. But I don't fault someone else for not doing it. And on 6) I've already discussed that not only would a shine cop probably not counter claim at this point but that mechanics wise and based on previous game you can't even assume that a cop would only be town.

Note, this is all without rereading though. I may feel differently if I reread with hindsight, so reserving final judgement.

The main point I was trying to make last night was that TQ was very clearly saying "I have a scum read on Infin but I don't think he's the right person to vote for" on D1 and then following it up with votes elsewhere, and I have to at least consider that suspicious given that Infin flipped scum (or at least non-Outfit).

Take that all with a grain of salt because I have a lot of pages to read still.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

I wish dongs was still here. dongs rap from the grave like 2pac, please.

yall dont deserve it real rap

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Going back to this for a second, AA posting this on D1 (knowing he's a cop in a game with brewers) doesn't sit well with me.

Also you seem to latch onto that first part of my response and nothing else in the post.

I'm fine being lynched this game. Don't have anything to lose and I'm not scum so my death might be useful albeit wasted.

Answer #1:

I did use it or did you miss that too? Flying leatherman is outfit-aligned.

Answer #2 (when it was pointed out that the original post was made on D1)

In regards to this post, it followed my drunk night and suspicion was building up on me. Given that I was a shine cop with 1 shine, I expressed honestly the stance I still stand by. Fine with dying because in contrast, we can look at who pushed it, their reasoning and decide if they're scum or not. The odds of me copping scum n1 were about the same odds of jake reckless vigging one. So why is it a big deal to make that statement? I think KB os just trying to imagine he's caught me in something, because it's truly not being caught in anything. Heat built up on me, I made a defensive statement that expressed my alignment and hinted I was fine going, but had a useful role.

In regards to copping Flying Leatherman, I play by my own book which isn't the best. I thought FL was a scum trying to coast by making just enough posts to avoid lurking rules and the bandwagony me too notions you made pinged me, in hindsight shoukd have copped tq, kb or anarc.

And it really does seem to me like AA was caught in a lie, otherwise he would have just led with answer #2 there. I can't imagine someone who was actually a cop pulling the "I don't care if I die" card and to me the most likely explanation is that he's not actually a cop.

And even if he is one, he's out of shine, so if we lynch him we either (a) get scum, great! or (b) we lose a vanilla town and get confirmation on FL's alignment. ##vote AA

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

On a quick non-game tangent: Holy poo poo, I just noticed that KB's avatar is animated. Learn something new!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Viva's post on Inf says literally nothing:

OK, so Infin is the best vote, and presumably her #1 by looking at this. What does she think about him?

Mhmm, mhmm, mhmm, scummy scummy.

...or maybe not? Towny towny? Off the hooky?

...is this scummy or not? Adahn isn't on the best vote list, but...this...this isn't a commitment...there's no comment...

Oh so he is scummy!

...ok...that's not a great reason, but he's scummy for being anti-town, right?

Oh I see, you have no opinion.

And you agreed with this and used it as your proof as to how you were 'on inf all day.'

I have town reads on KB and Quid and feel like this post would be better served to case Viva instead.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

:siren: LIE DETECTED :siren:

What, exactly, makes you think there are numerous backups? Because we've had NO backups flip and to my knowledge one other backup claim.

I believe that Adahn has claimed backup, and at that point in time SSV already had as well:

SirSamVimes posted:

Also I can confirm that one shot shine backup is a thing because I'm one

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I believe that Adahn has claimed backup, and at that point in time SSV already had as well:

Oh my bad you saw that too, ignore this.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
The lie I detected was the bolder part of the post I quoted. It was partially a joke.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

How would I check? Lol

idk u prob got a pm saying it but immjust gonna assume u didnt

i chose jimson to support btw

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

flerp posted:

idk u prob got a pm saying it but immjust gonna assume u didnt

i chose jimson to support btw

Oh okay thanks flerp :D for uh.. what ever that does haha

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ur my mafia hero i had to choose u

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sorry I've been having a hard time getting into this game and have been pretty quiet. Although I probably helped more simply by staying quiet because I'm sure I would have stuck my foot in my mouth somehow during all the arguing.

So I went back and found the list of people that dongsbot claimed to submit on N0 and it's the first 6 people in the names list:

dongsbot 9000 posted:

as a reminder, i had a positive boss result within

Absurd Revolver
Adahn1986
Anomalous Amalgam
AnonymousNarcotics
CapitalistPig
curiousCat

And when I went though their names, it seems like a lot of them are making arguments against each other. AR is calling ANarc and cCat scum, AA is pressing cCat, ANarc was voting AA despite his claim, CPig is looking at aNarc as scum. cCat hasn't really said much. Adahn has said a lot but I'm not getting into that right now because I'm 90% sure he's town due to D1. The only one I wouldn't vote for today is Adahn and I'd need a good case made in order to vote AA/AR.

Outside of those six, I've got Quid and Leatherman as town due to claims, I skimmed through the Quid/KB fight again and I think it was just a town slapfight. I'm not seeing scum from KB and I've found myself agreeing with some of his sum up posts. MMT is probably town as she is giving her opinions and settled into using her meta read on me (even though she's now getting worried because I'm not posting as much. :)) I had some feelings about TQ earlier that I'll have to revisit. I think I remember seeing a case against Moatzillata that seemed interesting, so I'll have to find it. I also need to give Li Dawny another look because I know there were cases made against him. Everyone else is pretty much a null read for me at the moment, except for a special mention of Hal because he's been really lurking.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

What's up dude? I'm just watching law and order reruns.

Here's the D1 breadcrumb from AA, btw.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Adahn1986 posted:

Here's the D1 breadcrumb from AA, btw.

Don't forget my stop sign ;)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Quid doesn't want to spend three hours casing someone to have it completely ignored in the morning.

I read over your interactions with KB and at this point in time I feel like it's possible you might have tunnel vision / confirmation bias there - like to me the idea that he said he agreed with Viva (even though she jumped around a bit) and the fact that he listed FL as town pending AA's flip don't seem as suspicious as some of the other people in the game so far.

In my eyes AA and LD are the strongest vote candidates with Viva and TQ as suspicious.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I have town reads on KB and Quid and feel like this post would be better served to case Viva instead.

I remember having this same thought when I first skimmed that post.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote curiouscat

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Also tpink u get what u needed from this?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I don't like AA or Dawny for lynch today, at all. An investigation of either would be a useful exercise.

KB strikes me as a very logical, rational person, but by picking out the weakest parts of my arguments for TQ being scum and using them to dismiss my case while ignoring the stronger parts he has earned a lot of my suspicion.

I'll have to give ANarc another read.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I have to go cook a giant dinner so I'm not going to be around much longer (other than occasional phone check-ins)

Adahn1986 posted:

I don't like AA or Dawny for lynch today, at all. An investigation of either would be a useful exercise.

What are your thoughts on his saying "I don't care if I die today" on D1 knowing he was a cop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 2 :beerpal:

Anomalous Amalgam (3): Truth Quark, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, King Burgundy, SirSamVimes, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, Truth Quark, Murmur Twin
Li Dawny (2): Murmur Twin, Flying Leatherman, flerp, JimsonTheBetrayer, Quidnose, Adahn1986, Adahn1986, JimsonTheBetrayer, Quidnose, Murmur Twin
King Burgundy (2): Quidnose, Quidnose, Quidnose, Adahn1986
curiousCat (2): Truth Quark, Anomalous Amalgam
AnonymousNarcotics (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, CapitalistPig, Absurd Revolver
Moatillata (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Truth Quark (0): Adahn1986, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Adahn1986, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (9): AnonymousNarcotics, curiousCat, Hal Incandenza, JimsonTheBetrayer, Li Dawny, Moatillata, TMMadman, tpink, VivaNova :rubshands:

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 28th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 30 minutes.

"In this life all that I have is my word and my balls and I do not break them for nobody."

One of the most remarkable things about Al Capone was that, in all but the most extreme of circumstances, he stood by his promises. You generally couldn't say the same about most of his underlings, though...

• Locked thread