Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Has anyone reread AR today? I feel like I made a decent catch on him wrt voting adahn D1 last night:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780884&userid=155643#post461519384

If people could respond to that I'd be appreciative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

I have to go cook a giant dinner so I'm not going to be around much longer (other than occasional phone check-ins)

What are your thoughts on his saying "I don't care if I die today" on D1 knowing he was a cop?

I would really like you to respond to this AA, I'm on the fence with my vote

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Also tpink u get what u needed from this?

You couldn't even highlight my name in pink!? Rude. IT'S RIGHT THERE IN THE USERNAME ya dolt.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

tpink posted:

You couldn't even highlight my name in pink!? Rude. IT'S RIGHT THERE IN THE USERNAME ya dolt.

Pink is reserved for roles. Orange is reserved for meanies.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

VivaNova posted:

Has anyone reread AR today? I feel like I made a decent catch on him wrt voting adahn D1 last night:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780884&userid=155643#post461519384

My thought here is that a number of people have agreed with me that Infin's case was especially unconvincing, so I'm hypothesizing that AR was a scumbro trying to support him. Like, nothing convinces people like convinced people idea.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I'm sorry I've been so quiet, stressing about irl crap I can't fix right now, so I'm going back to re-read.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Reason I have been wanting to know who voted AA:

I am wondering if getting loved was a consolation prize for not winning the popular vote for the role you submitted.

For example, two people in thread said they voted to support me N0, and was granted my Honest Vistor request. I did not become loved, however.

AA ALSO did not become loved, but nobody has claimed voting for him. This is odd to me because cop would presumably be a popular role request, and it would make sense for the voting process to dish out who got the role, with conciliatory lovedness being given to folks who received fewer votes.

I mean it's also possible Podima tossed poo poo in a hat but it's suspicious to me that:

-nobody is wanting to say they voted for AA
-there are people who have not claimed to have voted to support anyone

Might not be helpful but it is a though.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Li Dawny posted:

I'm sorry I've been so quiet, stressing about irl crap I can't fix right now, so I'm going back to re-read.

Is that y u were mean.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

VivaNova posted:

My thought here is that a number of people have agreed with me that Infin's case was especially unconvincing, so I'm hypothesizing that AR was a scumbro trying to support him. Like, nothing convinces people like convinced people idea.

I thought Infi's case was dogshit but I'm not sure I understand what "nothing convinces people like convinced people idea" means.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Quidnose posted:

Reason I have been wanting to know who voted AA:

I am wondering if getting loved was a consolation prize for not winning the popular vote for the role you submitted.

For example, two people in thread said they voted to support me N0, and was granted my Honest Vistor request. I did not become loved, however.

AA ALSO did not become loved, but nobody has claimed voting for him. This is odd to me because cop would presumably be a popular role request, and it would make sense for the voting process to dish out who got the role, with conciliatory lovedness being given to folks who received fewer votes.

I mean it's also possible Podima tossed poo poo in a hat but it's suspicious to me that:

-nobody is wanting to say they voted for AA
-there are people who have not claimed to have voted to support anyone

Might not be helpful but it is a though.
My guess is 1 vote got you loved, 2 got you whatever got you the boss thing.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

tpink posted:

I thought Infi's case was dogshit but I'm not sure I understand what "nothing convinces people like convinced people idea" means.
It's a thing people say in politics. If you serve someone dogshit and they act like it's actually great you can convince other people it's not dogshit much more efficiently than you can by just telling them over and over again it's not dogshit.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

I have to go cook a giant dinner so I'm not going to be around much longer (other than occasional phone check-ins)

What are your thoughts on his saying "I don't care if I die today" on D1 knowing he was a cop?

He's a shine cop. He probably figures he's pretty unhelpful to town in that he's unlikely to find scum.

In all likelihood he's a 1-shot cop, and even if he doesn't get to use his invest, one of the numerous backups would pick up his shine role and use it far more effectively than he could on D1.

Are you trying to say he made up the cop claim on the spot D2? Because he definitely breadcrumbed it D1.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

VivaNova posted:

To be honest, I was mentally sliding over AR based solely on my thought that only townies could participate in the lottery.

I'll give him a re-read too.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

VivaNova posted:

It's a thing people say in politics. If you serve someone dogshit and they act like it's actually great you can convince other people it's not dogshit much more efficiently than you can by just telling them over and over again it's not dogshit.

Oh ok. Yeah, in my view anyone who thought that Infi's case on Adahn was actually strong is automatically suspicious. It might be hindsight bias because we now know how Infi flipped, but that case just made no sense to me, sorry.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Is that y u were mean.

Yes, for the most part. I'm getting married in a month and a half and things seem to be crumbling around me with every plan I make.

But anyway, my reads:
KB's fight with Quid and the arguments around it hurt my head. I want to say KB is scummy, but why would scum argue with ct for that long?
CC is lurking, and their posts can only be discribed as sporadically antagonistic in my opinion, would vote.
I can agree with points made in the AA case, but agree more with the give them another night theory, there are far better options than a potential town power role.
I would have pushed a MMT vote, but the latest string of effort from them makes me feel more town.

Also, for the people still calling me 'he', I am a she. I promise. I've had a child come out of my vag and one ripped from my belly, I don't get much more female.
Also, I am deeply sorry Jimson. I shouldn't have been rude, and I have a tendency to just snap when things get overwhelming. I guess take solice in the fact that I found you a 'safe' target for my rage and feel really bad about it.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

I'm bored anyone want me to draw there av?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
You picked Spymaster, didn't you AR?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Adahn1986 posted:

To be honest, I was mentally sliding over AR based solely on my thought that only townies could participate in the lottery.

I'll give him a re-read too.
Thank you.

tpink posted:

Oh ok. Yeah, in my view anyone who thought that Infi's case on Adahn was actually strong is automatically suspicious. It might be hindsight bias because we now know how Infi flipped, but that case just made no sense to me, sorry.
I agree. So I followed up on that last night and AR's excuse was that his vote was based on meta, not Infin's case. But when I reread, it looks clearly like it was based of Infin's case (though he mentions some meta). So I'm thinking that's 3 strikes for me- 1. The initial vote shortly following Infin's terribad case. 2. His rebuttal that his vote was based on meta, not Infin was not really accurate and 3. His presence on dong's list.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Do you mean a new one or a picture of their current one?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Li Dawny posted:

Yes, for the most part. I'm getting married in a month and a half and things seem to be crumbling around me with every plan I make.

But anyway, my reads:
KB's fight with Quid and the arguments around it hurt my head. I want to say KB is scummy, but why would scum argue with ct for that long?
CC is lurking, and their posts can only be discribed as sporadically antagonistic in my opinion, would vote.
I can agree with points made in the AA case, but agree more with the give them another night theory, there are far better options than a potential town power role.
I would have pushed a MMT vote, but the latest string of effort from them makes me feel more town.

Also, for the people still calling me 'he', I am a she. I promise. I've had a child come out of my vag and one ripped from my belly, I don't get much more female.
Also, I am deeply sorry Jimson. I shouldn't have been rude, and I have a tendency to just snap when things get overwhelming. I guess take solice in the fact that I found you a 'safe' target for my rage and feel really bad about it.

A picture in these trying times.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Adahn1986 posted:

You picked Spymaster, didn't you AR?

why would I answer this

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

do it

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Li Dawny posted:

Congrats. I can relate to the feeling, but I honestly believe everything will work out.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

VivaNova posted:

Thank you.

I agree. So I followed up on that last night and AR's excuse was that his vote was based on meta, not Infin's case. But when I reread, it looks clearly like it was based of Infin's case (though he mentions some meta). So I'm thinking that's 3 strikes for me- 1. The initial vote shortly following Infin's terribad case. 2. His rebuttal that his vote was based on meta, not Infin was not really accurate and 3. His presence on dong's list.

Oh I had actually blanked on the fact that AR was also on dong's list. Uh oh.

AR, why did you vote for Adahn? Be honest. What meta read are you talking about? I just skimmed your posts from back when you voted for Adahn and it sure looks like it was based on Infi's dogshit case more than anything.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I think I remember seeing a case against Moatzillata that seemed interesting, so I'll have to find it. I also need to give Li Dawny another look because I know there were cases made against him.
Have you made any progress with this?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

you captured my soul

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, this actually made me laugh pretty hard. I promise not to vote for you today, Jimson, just for this.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Yes but only if you can capture the carefree and insouciant nature of my stroll.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

A picture in these trying times.

Also, I would make this my actual avatar, but I was told there was an unofficial rule that someone else had to change your avatar the first time it happened, so I will just save it on my phone to look upon when I'm blue.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

tpink posted:

Yes but only if you can capture the carefree and insouciant nature of my stroll.

Warning for everyone else. I think these are just gonna get meaner and meaner as time goes on.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

Also, I would make this my actual avatar, but I was told there was an unofficial rule that someone else had to change your avatar the first time it happened, so I will just save it on my phone to look upon when I'm blue.

I have never heard that rule, I bought my first avatar. Buy away lady.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Do mine Jimson

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

VivaNova posted:

So, the only defense I can come up with for AR is that he saw me as foundering under Infinitum's scrutiny.

Yeah, infinitum's case was a load of bull, but if AR interpreted my response as "cracking under the pressure" that could constitute a meta read.

Once you have a picture of someone in your head, it's hard to break from that frame of reference without new information (such as Infinitum flipping scum).

Absurd Revolver posted:

excellent casework AA

and while I didn't want to lynch you before, the evidence is pretty damning. your town game is super solid, but you tend to struggle as scum, as you did in Trump.

better luck next time!

##vote adahn

sorry I've been posting infrequently today, ive had a migraine for two days in a row now and all your words and colors are an irritant

This is why he acknowledged AA's casework, rather than infinitum's. If you read AA, all of his reads are also 'gut reads' on my play and behavior in response to infinitum, rather than Infinitum's actual case.

I was initially confused as to why he said AA and not infinitum, but I think the call truly was meta, as he claims.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Warning for everyone else. I think these are just gonna get meaner and meaner as time goes on.

:peanut:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Do mine Jimson

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

TMMadman posted:

So I went back and found the list of people that dongsbot claimed to submit on N0 and it's the first 6 people in the names list:

And when I went though their names, it seems like a lot of them are making arguments against each other. AR is calling ANarc and cCat scum, AA is pressing cCat, ANarc was voting AA despite his claim, CPig is looking at aNarc as scum. cCat hasn't really said much. Adahn has said a lot but I'm not getting into that right now because I'm 90% sure he's town due to D1. The only one I wouldn't vote for today is Adahn and I'd need a good case made in order to vote AA/AR.

This got me thinking. If you're the boss on the list, you don't want it narrowed down, correct? So the boss wouldn't be pushing someone else on the list.

AA's on CC, but might be a self-preservation thing. Before was on AN.
Pig is on AN
AR was on adahn d1, is on AN
AN was on AA
adahn has been very against AR and AA and specifically mentioned not tying to find the boss iirc.
CC nothing

hm.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

This is my favorite one yet actually.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Adahn1986 posted:

This is why he acknowledged AA's casework, rather than infinitum's. If you read AA, all of his reads are also 'gut reads' on my play and behavior in response to infinitum, rather than Infinitum's actual case.

I was initially confused as to why he said AA and not infinitum, but I think the call truly was meta, as he claims.
pretty sure its a joke referring to AA's drunk posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

VivaNova posted:

This got me thinking. If you're the boss on the list, you don't want it narrowed down, correct? So the boss wouldn't be pushing someone else on the list.

AA's on CC, but might be a self-preservation thing. Before was on AN.
Pig is on AN
AR was on adahn d1, is on AN
AN was on AA
adahn has been very against AR and AA and specifically mentioned not tying to find the boss iirc.
CC nothing

hm.

That is actually a really good point that I didn't think of.

• Locked thread