Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I still have like 2 or 3 Blockbuster PS1 games floating around somewhere. Just never returned them and nothing ever came of it. Pretty sure one of them is Legend of Dragoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

I still have like 2 or 3 Blockbuster PS1 games floating around somewhere. Just never returned them and nothing ever came of it. Pretty sure one of them is Legend of Dragoon.

That was a great game! The polearm dudes attacks were the hardest to pull off though but well worth it.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
DuPont is doing their damnedest to gently caress themselves over by failing at R&D research cycles and selling off everything they have of value. That's what you get when you hire a bunch of executives looking purely for short-term profits in a company like DuPont which almost exclusively plays the long game.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Krispy Kareem posted:

Speaking of old media distribution, kids these days don't know how good they have it with their NetFlix and their Kindle. I remember being a teenager and really wanting to read Stephen King's The Dark Tower, but I couldn't because it was out-of-print and the one dogeared used copy I found cost $110 in 1980's money.

I used to just print out entire novels with a laser printer. Even with paper and toner it worked out much cheaper than ordering the books (of course the library didn't have them).

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

DuPont is doing their damnedest to gently caress themselves over by failing at R&D research cycles and selling off everything they have of value. That's what you get when you hire a bunch of executives looking purely for short-term profits in a company like DuPont which almost exclusively plays the long game.

One day shirt term profits will be outdated, right?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

PassTheRemote posted:

One day shirt term profits will be outdated, right?

Never in the clothing industry

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

William Stoner posted:

Therapists and their practices.
I can read all your brain magic stuff online.

yeah but now it's all online literally everybody self-diagnoses themselves with something and decides to go to a therapist (or a pretend medicine practitioner like a chiropractor or homoeopath or whatever).

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Quote-Unquote posted:

yeah but now it's all online literally everybody self-diagnoses themselves with something and decides to go to a therapist (or a pretend medicine practitioner like a chiropractor or homoeopath or whatever).

A not so small part of me wants to "register" as a life coach and try to charge $1000 an hour to people for help. I'd only need to find a couple of suckers a month to supplement my income and if I find enough could retire early. The problem is I have these damned ethics and ripping people off for generic "believe in yourself" advice would weigh on my mind more than if I just kicked their rear end in an alley and took their wallet.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
You could do that but instead of just shamming them with vague bullshit you could actually work with them to help improve their situation or wellbeing? Some people really do just need a kick in the butt or someone on their sidelines cheering them on and if they're willing to pay for that then what's the harm?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

A not so small part of me wants to "register" as a life coach and try to charge $1000 an hour to people for help. I'd only need to find a couple of suckers a month to supplement my income and if I find enough could retire early. The problem is I have these damned ethics and ripping people off for generic "believe in yourself" advice would weigh on my mind more than if I just kicked their rear end in an alley and took their wallet.

I got some tarot cards for £1 in a charity shop and made £50 giving 'readings' to stupid people in a pub one night (disclaimer: I was friends with the owner so he didn't give a poo poo, other places might not like you doing this sort of crap). People that believe in stuff like that are the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet and they deserve to be exploited so you don't even have to feel bad about it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The United Kingdom

Muscadine Wine
Feb 13, 2009

I was going to post American Standard but they are the drain

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Roylicious posted:

You could do that but instead of just shamming them with vague bullshit you could actually work with them to help improve their situation or wellbeing? Some people really do just need a kick in the butt or someone on their sidelines cheering them on and if they're willing to pay for that then what's the harm?

I guess you're right. I'd just feel like I was scamming them because I would never pay anyone to basically give me a pep talk when I'm unsure. I mean, my job now is to help people with their money, so I'm used to giving advice, but there's something different about being registered with the SEC vs designing my own cert and posting it to tell people that they deserve that new job and not to worry about what others think of them. I guess in the long run it's the same sort of thing and would use the same sort of skills I already posses, but it just feels....dirty somehow. Like even more dirty than watching a client withdrawal all of their money to buy gold bars to bury on their desert property.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Solice Kirsk posted:

I guess you're right. I'd just feel like I was scamming them because I would never pay anyone to basically give me a pep talk when I'm unsure. I mean, my job now is to help people with their money, so I'm used to giving advice, but there's something different about being registered with the SEC and designing my own cert and posting it to tell people that they deserve that new job and not to worry about what others think of them. I guess in the long run it's the same sort of thing and would use the same sort of skills I already posses, but it just feels....dirty somehow. Like even more dirty than watching a client withdrawal all of their money to buy gold bars to bury on their desert property.

I mean it's true that there's tons of people just taking advantage of the vulnerable in that industry. The lack of real regulation/licensing probably doesn't help at all.

Anyway to get back on topic, anyone check out Easy Jet this weekend? Share prices tumbled over 25% since BREXIT.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Last I checked Barclays has fallen almost 22% as well. It's been a good day for my portfolio.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Video compression company Pied Piper was recently busted for fake new users for their platform and was sold by Raviga for pennies on the dollar. I doubt they'll be able to survive much longer.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Guitar Center (unless I missed it.) It went from being the place you went to find just about any guitar or amp you could dream up to the place where you go to see 50 black Squier Strats and a wall of Mustang II digital iPod amps while listening to unattended teenagers bang away at dented BC Rich guitars. When I was growing up, the employees used to know everything, and constantly throw in tips about what sounded best onstage vs in your house, which guitars were built better than others, which amps could handle being hauled around and dragged in and out of venues, etc. Now all the employees know about instruments is "Gibson is only making 10,000 of these, so they're gonna be a COLLECTOR'S ITEM with MILLIONS OF DOLLARS like an original Goldtop."

Apparently they were picked up by Bain Capital and :retrogames: happened. Then the economy fell apart and as they've soldiered on, they fired most of the commissioned sales guys who knew what they were doing and replaced them with bored looking minimum-wage cooldudes in unwashed black jeans and white tshirts with eyeliner and mohawk haircuts. The apathy about their job is obvious, and it double sucks as a girl because every employee offers 5% off if I promise to go see their band play their next show.:grin: (and by "go see their band play" they mean pay them $15-20 on the spot for a ticket to a lovely pay to play venue on a Tuesday night) I finally stopped going after the fifth or sixth time that an employee got my number off their computer and called or texted me after I left. At some of their stores they cut their stock even more and built a "GC Studios" aka small rear end room with fake brick wallpaper so you can take lessons somewhere that has the vibe of a dirty bathroom in a downtown vibe. They were building this back when I was a regular customer and one employee kept telling me I should apply because I bought so many guitars and amps and it would be so cool for us to work together. When I said I didn't have any kind of professional music teaching credentials he said "It's cool, they have a book that you just read word for word. Our old drum manager is going to teach bass and he's only been playing it since they said we would need a bass teacher."

But hey, we got all the bolt-neck Deans and Marshall carbon fiber MG's you'll ever need! And now a 1995 American Standard Stray qualifies to get the Vintage Gear sticker right next to that amazing 1965 Sears Roebuck acoustic guitar with the pot metal trapeeze bridge they want $1000 for. "Cause it just has mojo, dude."

:smith: I saved up all summer from my first job when I was 14 to buy a brand new GC exclusive purple Telecaster there....and I also got my Angus Young SG there...back when the employees didn't congratulate you on your "investment."

fake edit: they've also been fighting employees who want to unionize in states where that can happen, because apparently their managers don't even get enough to live on now.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Ya that place is dead now. It's always empty. It's sad. There used to be a million people wailing away on amps all the time.

xwing
Jul 2, 2007
red leader standing by

PallasAthene posted:

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Guitar Center (unless I missed it.) ...

It's Radio Shack with guitars.

To be honest this is happening across the boards with music. Most metro areas are lucky to have one solitary good music store that probably survives on repairs from local schools. You can't make money on sheet music anymore because of price and an unlimited inventory online. You used to say that at least you could see the music, but now online offers previews as well. Band students and their parents want cheap instruments to get them through a class or two. Those have little to no margins. Electronic stuff will put you the way of Best Buy... you'll never have the latest or the price to beat online.

Music stores in general are dying and it's a shame. When I lived in the Miami area I had 3-4 stores I went to when I wanted buy a new instrument (I play trumpet). Only one survives now because it's integrated with the school system, it was the only non-corporate one as well. I drove 50 minutes to get to them... and I wasn't alone, many would drive two hours for the repair shop.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, going to the local music shop on the first Saturday after school starts is like Black Friday. It's dead the rest of the year.

Fortunately the barriers of entry are relatively low so there will always be local music shops. Especially now that all the big corporate chains are crashing.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Roger Craig posted:

Video compression company Pied Piper was recently busted for fake new users for their platform and was sold by Raviga for pennies on the dollar. I doubt they'll be able to survive much longer.

With any luck HBO will dissolve them company and allocate resources to actual comedies or dramas

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

PallasAthene posted:

Apparently they were picked up by Bain Capital and :retrogames: happened.
how is the bain capital business model legal in any way, shape, or form? it's parasite capitalism at its most blatant. also the new president of my college spent 5 years working there and it was already a place where people graduated and got miserable but high-paying corporate/accounting/finance jobs, so ideally he wants more people doing this poo poo work

Solice Kirsk posted:

Last I checked Barclays has fallen almost 22% as well. It's been a good day for my portfolio.
i have no idea why a bank with hardly any commercial presence in the U.S. has a really lovely arena named for it

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

PallasAthene posted:

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Guitar Center (unless I missed it.) It went from being the place you went to find just about any guitar or amp you could dream up to the place where you go to see 50 black Squier Strats and a wall of Mustang II digital iPod amps while listening to unattended teenagers bang away at dented BC Rich guitars. When I was growing up, the employees used to know everything, and constantly throw in tips about what sounded best onstage vs in your house, which guitars were built better than others, which amps could handle being hauled around and dragged in and out of venues, etc. Now all the employees know about instruments is "Gibson is only making 10,000 of these, so they're gonna be a COLLECTOR'S ITEM with MILLIONS OF DOLLARS like an original Goldtop."

Apparently they were picked up by Bain Capital and :retrogames: happened. Then the economy fell apart and as they've soldiered on, they fired most of the commissioned sales guys who knew what they were doing and replaced them with bored looking minimum-wage cooldudes in unwashed black jeans and white tshirts with eyeliner and mohawk haircuts. The apathy about their job is obvious, and it double sucks as a girl because every employee offers 5% off if I promise to go see their band play their next show.:grin: (and by "go see their band play" they mean pay them $15-20 on the spot for a ticket to a lovely pay to play venue on a Tuesday night) I finally stopped going after the fifth or sixth time that an employee got my number off their computer and called or texted me after I left. At some of their stores they cut their stock even more and built a "GC Studios" aka small rear end room with fake brick wallpaper so you can take lessons somewhere that has the vibe of a dirty bathroom in a downtown vibe. They were building this back when I was a regular customer and one employee kept telling me I should apply because I bought so many guitars and amps and it would be so cool for us to work together. When I said I didn't have any kind of professional music teaching credentials he said "It's cool, they have a book that you just read word for word. Our old drum manager is going to teach bass and he's only been playing it since they said we would need a bass teacher."

But hey, we got all the bolt-neck Deans and Marshall carbon fiber MG's you'll ever need! And now a 1995 American Standard Stray qualifies to get the Vintage Gear sticker right next to that amazing 1965 Sears Roebuck acoustic guitar with the pot metal trapeeze bridge they want $1000 for. "Cause it just has mojo, dude."

:smith: I saved up all summer from my first job when I was 14 to buy a brand new GC exclusive purple Telecaster there....and I also got my Angus Young SG there...back when the employees didn't congratulate you on your "investment."

fake edit: they've also been fighting employees who want to unionize in states where that can happen, because apparently their managers don't even get enough to live on now.

I got a guitar recently and went into the local Guitar Center. When I asked for the amp connection cord the associate was less than helpful

:confused:"The cord that connects the guitar to the amp"
:shrug:" Do you mean.....those over there?"
:confused:"Yeah, which one should I get, I know next to nothing about guitars"
:shrug:*blank stare*
:confused:"Do any of them sound better or anything, or is it like those monster cables where people pay 10x cost for nothing?
:shrug:"These are the cords you are looking for"
:confused:"Yeah but you have like 20 kinds of all different lengths. What even is this cord? It has multiple heads? Is that a thing? Do I need that?" Do you need to know what kind of Guitar I have?
:shrug:*employee reads packaging* *stares* Are you ready to check out sir?

I was the only customer in the store or the parking lot either so you'd think they would at least be bored enough to answer my questions.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I got a guitar recently and went into the local Guitar Center. When I asked for the amp connection cord the associate was less than helpful

:confused:"The cord that connects the guitar to the amp"
:shrug:" Do you mean.....those over there?"
:confused:"Yeah, which one should I get, I know next to nothing about guitars"
:shrug:*blank stare*
:confused:"Do any of them sound better or anything, or is it like those monster cables where people pay 10x cost for nothing?
:shrug:"These are the cords you are looking for"
:confused:"Yeah but you have like 20 kinds of all different lengths. What even is this cord? It has multiple heads? Is that a thing? Do I need that?" Do you need to know what kind of Guitar I have?
:shrug:*employee reads packaging* *stares* Are you ready to check out sir?

I was the only customer in the store or the parking lot either so you'd think they would at least be bored enough to answer my questions.

Go online and buy cords. No matter what type of cord you need, get them online. You need a 1/4" to 1/4" mono if you're hooking a guitar to an amp.

edit:
And just like ordering wine at a restaurant get the first one up from the cheapest.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?
I'm surprised your story didn't end with

Fat Shat Sings posted:

:shrug:*employee reads packaging* *stares* Are you ready to check out and also buy a $7 extended warranty for your $19.99 cable sir?

That was another thing that pissed me off, when they started pushing the warranties hard. I remember one smug douche cashier at the Tacoma, WA store telling me that I should buy a warranty on a used 1980's Tube Screamer I was buying because "I buy a warranty on all my used pedals and then just call the company after the return period and tell them it broke and they overnight me a brand new version of the used pedal I bought for my recording studio, no questions asked, and I either used them for gigs sell them on Craigslist." When I rolled my eyes and said no thanks, he said "Heh, don't want any free gear? Doesn't sound smart to me..."

The only extended warranty I ever bought was from a tiny girl working at the same store who got a guitar off the top shelf for me and then looked at the ground and muttered something about a coverage plan. I mentioned how much of a fuckhead the other guy was about pushing the warranty and asked her if they got something for selling the warranty and she said "Not so much....it's more like we get in trouble if we DON'T sell a warranty..." There was something so hopeless about the way she said it that I got a warranty from her for everything I bought that day. I thought she was going to hug me after she rang my stuff up.

Side note: I was about to suggest that you buy a cable from Radio Shack because my friends and I did that for years after reading an interview with the guy from ZZ Top where he swore that the cheap store brand cables there were the best sounding ones he could find.....but Radio Shack lol....

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I worked at RadioShack when I was like 20 and I still have and use my 1/4" and 1/8" cables I bought from there. No static, no split shielding, no busted heads. Those things are indestructible.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

I worked at RadioShack when I was like 20 and I still have and use my 1/4" and 1/8" cables I bought from there. No static, no split shielding, no busted heads. Those things are indestructible.

Yeah, I still have ones that I bought there in high school that never needed to be replaced, which is why I didn't realize that Radio Shack stopped working before the cables I bought there did.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The Sears thing should not be a surprise to anyone that has ever had the displeasure of visiting their corporate HQ.

The roof of their building leaks basically all the gently caress over when it rains, and since the majority of the campus is an enormous, open, glass-walled atrium the end result is that any time there is a light drizzle outside the atrium is literally filled with dozens of rollable dumpsters used to catch errant rainfall.

There's an unlicensed Red Box machine in said atrium, but it's not connected to the Red Box network at large and has not had its selection updated in years. Because it's not technically a Red Box any more they cut out a big lovely looking slice of bread from craft foam and call it the Bread Box.

The HQ keeps samples that vendors bring in and then sell them to their employees in the "sample store", which occasionally leads to fun things like them selling hundreds of prop phone chargers that didn't actually have wires in them, or old lovely off-brand net books from 2007 with no cords or batteries.

The CEO runs the company like a gladiatorial arena - departments fight over limited funding in adversarial meetings explicitly scheduled to pit managers against each other, because everyone remembers that old adage "a house divided is totally awesome, guys."

That same CEO forced IT to spend millions developing an internal social network and then forced employees to use it specifically to spy on them.

One of their call centers was, last I heard, running hundreds of machines off of a single aging T1 line, and their techs couldn't figure out why things were timing out regularly.

And while I haven't worked there in years, the network thing mentioned above is in no way the first time they've decided to just not pay a vendor.

What's weird is that all of this is very visible and people are aware of how lovely it is and half their employees are STILL absurdly loyal to the company. Sorry, not employees - "associates".

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Ryoshi posted:

The Sears thing should not be a surprise to anyone that has ever had the displeasure of visiting their corporate HQ.

The roof of their building leaks basically all the gently caress over when it rains, and since the majority of the campus is an enormous, open, glass-walled atrium the end result is that any time there is a light drizzle outside the atrium is literally filled with dozens of rollable dumpsters used to catch errant rainfall.

There's an unlicensed Red Box machine in said atrium, but it's not connected to the Red Box network at large and has not had its selection updated in years. Because it's not technically a Red Box any more they cut out a big lovely looking slice of bread from craft foam and call it the Bread Box.

The HQ keeps samples that vendors bring in and then sell them to their employees in the "sample store", which occasionally leads to fun things like them selling hundreds of prop phone chargers that didn't actually have wires in them, or old lovely off-brand net books from 2007 with no cords or batteries.

The CEO runs the company like a gladiatorial arena - departments fight over limited funding in adversarial meetings explicitly scheduled to pit managers against each other, because everyone remembers that old adage "a house divided is totally awesome, guys."

That same CEO forced IT to spend millions developing an internal social network and then forced employees to use it specifically to spy on them.

One of their call centers was, last I heard, running hundreds of machines off of a single aging T1 line, and their techs couldn't figure out why things were timing out regularly.

And while I haven't worked there in years, the network thing mentioned above is in no way the first time they've decided to just not pay a vendor.

What's weird is that all of this is very visible and people are aware of how lovely it is and half their employees are STILL absurdly loyal to the company. Sorry, not employees - "associates".

Sears isn't a surprise if you've ever been in a Sears. It's pretty loving depressing and terrible especially since I still work at one :argh:

Oh yeah the social networking thing is bullshit. If you have a problem, instead of calling a support line or anything like that you make a post on it and hope someone notices. It hit 100F the other day and none of our shorts are on sale due to a fuckup in the system or something. The site is full of people asking what the hell is going on and none of them get responded to in a reasonable amount of time. It's really stupid.

Cowman has a new favorite as of 01:09 on Jun 29, 2016

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I forgot one great thing - at one of the major entrances there's a nice big sign when you walk in asking you to not feed the animals, emphasizing Sears Holdings Corporation's new role as a lovely human zoo. It's probably meant to be facing the door for employees to see when they leave for lunch (although why would they, the cafeteria there is the one thing that's actually decent) but I'm pretty sure there's not a ton of fauna to feed in goddamn Hoffman Estates, IL. I guess I saw a squirrel there once?

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

Things are more like they
are now than they ever were before.

Ryoshi posted:

I have the distinct pleasure of going there tomorrow for a meeting. Glad it's not raining in Chicago right now....

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Snowdog79 posted:

I have the distinct pleasure of going there tomorrow for a meeting. Glad it's not raining in Chicago right now....

Please take as many photos as you can for this thread/me. I really love to hear how terrible Sears is doing.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I highly recommend this article about the downfall of Sears, it is at times hilarious:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-07-11/at-sears-eddie-lamperts-warring-divisions-model-adds-to-the-troubles

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Snowdog79 posted:

I like the story how the CEO created alt accounts and got into troll wars with his subordinates on the social media network.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
every time I learn that sears is still in business, it really REALLY surprises me

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Roger Craig posted:

Who? Lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Go online and buy cords. No matter what type of cord you need, get them online. You need a 1/4" to 1/4" mono if you're hooking a guitar to an amp.

edit:
And just like ordering wine at a restaurant get the first one up from the cheapest.

Lol people need advice on this from a dolt in person when they own an amped guitar?!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

PallasAthene posted:

I'm surprised your story didn't end with

That was another thing that pissed me off, when they started pushing the warranties hard. I remember one smug douche cashier at the Tacoma, WA store telling me that I should buy a warranty on a used 1980's Tube Screamer I was buying because "I buy a warranty on all my used pedals and then just call the company after the return period and tell them it broke and they overnight me a brand new version of the used pedal I bought for my recording studio, no questions asked, and I either used them for gigs sell them on Craigslist." When I rolled my eyes and said no thanks, he said "Heh, don't want any free gear? Doesn't sound smart to me..."

The only extended warranty I ever bought was from a tiny girl working at the same store who got a guitar off the top shelf for me and then looked at the ground and muttered something about a coverage plan. I mentioned how much of a fuckhead the other guy was about pushing the warranty and asked her if they got something for selling the warranty and she said "Not so much....it's more like we get in trouble if we DON'T sell a warranty..." There was something so hopeless about the way she said it that I got a warranty from her for everything I bought that day. I thought she was going to hug me after she rang my stuff up.

Side note: I was about to suggest that you buy a cable from Radio Shack because my friends and I did that for years after reading an interview with the guy from ZZ Top where he swore that the cheap store brand cables there were the best sounding ones he could find.....but Radio Shack lol....

Did she gently caress you?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Cowman posted:

Sears isn't a surprise if you've ever been in a Sears. It's pretty loving depressing and terrible especially since I still work at one :argh:

Oh yeah the social networking thing is bullshit. If you have a problem, instead of calling a support line or anything like that you make a post on it and hope someone notices. It hit 100F the other day and none of our shorts are on sale due to a fuckup in the system or something. The site is full of people asking what the hell is going on and none of them get responded to in a reasonable amount of time. It's really stupid.

Sears is obviously terrible and everything, but don't you charge full price when demand is high? I thought shorts went on sale in the Spring and Fall and went for full price in the summer when people realize, "oh poo poo I need shorts."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

proof of concept posted:

every time I learn that sears is still in business, it really REALLY surprises me

Their weirdo CEO was also obsessed with objectivist philosophy.