Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hi guys I was sick and slept most of the last 600 posts what happened

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I could go for AN, KB, or any lurker at this point to be honest.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also before I can't post for a couple hours: AA was obviously here and never responded to MMTs call on his day 1 suicidal tendencies (:black101:)

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
I remember him responding to someone else making that exact point but I doubt I can dig it up in time.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Also before I can't post for a couple hours: AA was obviously here and never responded to MMTs call on his day 1 suicidal tendencies (:black101:)

I did though, when tq asked the same question last night

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Maybe I missed it then. Gl crew

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quid don't kill me I've always been there for you and I've never said a bad thing about you

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I can't find it on quick re-read, maybe I am misremembering. I don't think I ever asked that question personally though?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Reason I have been wanting to know who voted AA:

I am wondering if getting loved was a consolation prize for not winning the popular vote for the role you submitted.

For example, two people in thread said they voted to support me N0, and was granted my Honest Vistor request. I did not become loved, however.

AA ALSO did not become loved, but nobody has claimed voting for him. This is odd to me because cop would presumably be a popular role request, and it would make sense for the voting process to dish out who got the role, with conciliatory lovedness being given to folks who received fewer votes.

I mean it's also possible Podima tossed poo poo in a hat but it's suspicious to me that:

-nobody is wanting to say they voted for AA
-there are people who have not claimed to have voted to support anyone

Might not be helpful but it is a though.

FWIW, in case it can help add to the puzzle, I voted for TMMadman. As far as I know, he never claimed loved.

I think I've already said this, but I was not loved. And I got the role I asked for.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Counts for Day 2: (or close enough)

pre:
User			Posts
Adahn1986 		199
Truth Quark 		160
Anomalous Amalgam 	140
Quidnose 		133
King Burgundy 		99
flerp 			91
Absurd Revolver 	71
Li Dawny 		68
CapitalistPig 		61
Moatillata 		57
TMMadman 		54
JimsonTheBetrayer 	48
VivaNova 		46
AnonymousNarcotics 	43
Murmur Twin 		41
tpink 			35
SirSamVimes 		31
Flying Leatherman 	21
Hal Incandenza 		15
:nono: Flying Leatherman, Hal Incandenza, and SirSamVimes will be ON NOTICE for Day 3! If they do not make at least 10 posts on Day 3, they will be FREELY LYNCHABLE on Day 4! :nono:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This one was a little more interesting. When they dragged the gangster marked for execution out back, he started begging for mercy and claiming he could introduce them to someone very important. No matter though, mob justice is absolute. With another burst of gunfire, his pleading trailed off into a gurgle - and then silence.

quote:

A narrow-shouldered man wearing a carefully tailored outfit and an even more carefully tailored expression slipped into the back alley hideout, joining a number of others already gathered there. They were embroiled in a quiet argument about something or other - almost certainly completely and utterly pointless.

"Shut up, all of you, and listen close. Capone's out of the picture, and the Outfit will be in chaos until they can figure out his successor. This is our chance at the Shine."

They quieted down immediately, obviously deferring to him. One of them piped up. "What's the plan, boss?"

"I'm SO glad you asked. It's simple enough even you should be able to follow along. Here's what you're going to do..."

With a voice like razor steel wrapped in velvet, Fabio wielded his indisputable authority over his minions with total confidence. His gang never gave him any lip - for fear they might get it bitten off - and that suited him just fine. His nickname didn't come out of nowhere, after all. He was nestled close to the Outfit's chest, biding his time and waiting for the chance to drive his fangs deep into its heart...

:rip: curiousCat, aka Fabio 'The Viper' Gattone, North Side Gang-Aligned Boss, was executed on Day 2! :rip:

Night 2 begins now. You have until 6/29 3:00 PM EDT to get me your night actions. (Please let me know if you're foregoing your action too!) No extensions this time - if I don't hear from you by then, you will forego your night action.

The Outfit will resume its leadership struggles tomorrow by 4:30 PM EDT tomorrow, 6/29. You'd be a sucker to miss it!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:rubshands: Hey folks, thread will open a bit late today - real life got rather annoyingly in the way. Uncertain as to exactly when but it'll be sometime before 8 PM or so! Apologies for the delay. :rubshands:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

After how many people had gone missing already, the Outfit assembled with a bit more caution than before. Death was a natural part of life for thugs like them, but people didn't much like seeing their buddies drop like flies - especially without knowing who was doing the deed. Even in the bloodiest turf wars, the other guy was usually nice enough to stash the bodies somewhere noticeable for their pals to find. This situation is on a whole new level.

Eh. Enough navel-gazing. You've got another day ahead of you. Better get to it!

quote:

God's most awful creation must have been the stogie. Foul crumpled things, hanging in the corner of everyone's mouths like a dead worm. Gomberto had no idea how people claimed to actually enjoy them, or any other kind of tobacco. Rotten teeth and stained faces, that was all they got you. Now Shine, that was some good clean stuff - and powerful too! Barely even leaves you with a hangover, no matter how long you stay on a bender. Gomberto had to admit that he perhaps liked Shine a bit more than most of the others - after all, the particular blend he got his hands on was a subtle thing, but plenty fun to mess around with. Shame he could never hold onto any kind of personal stockpile for too long, thanks to that.

As for what exactly his Shine blend of choice was? Nobody ever realizes how long people's possessions stick around, accumulating history (and dust) over the years. But it's not just people that have stories to tell - with a bit of Shine, the most humble knickknacks can reveal the most mind-boggling things about their owners...

:rip: King Burgundy, aka Gomberto 'No Cigar' Li Vecchi, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Cop}, was filled with lead on Night 2! :rip:

quote:

"You know, all it takes is one freak event, one flap of a butterfly's drat wings halfway across the world, and that's it. You're done, stuck for life. All those dreams you had? Poof, gone. Beautiful women? Forget it. Endless Shine to drink? Fat chance. Rising up the ranks of the Outfit and showing everyone what I'm capable of? Ain't happenin'. All because of... one... drat... thing."

"drat Mac, you get a couple of drinks in you and hell if you can't shut up about that one time you accidentally stepped on Torrio's hat and he popped you one in the face."

"Would you shut up? It might have been one little punch to you, but that cruel blow shattered everything I had hoped for and turned me into a two-bit laughingstock!"

"Oh for God's sakes, Mac. It's only pointing a LITTLE bit to the left, it's not that bad."

:rip: TMMadman, aka Macario 'The Chin' Vivolo, Outfit-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup, was filled with lead on Night 2! :rip:

:beerpal: Day 3 has begun! Deadline is Friday, July 1st, at 8:00 PM EDT. :beerpal:

Bit of a longer day this time in anticipation of the holiday weekend coming up.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 3 :beerpal:

Not Voting (17): Absurd Revolver, Adahn1986, Anomalous Amalgam, AnonymousNarcotics, CapitalistPig, flerp, Flying Leatherman, Hal Incandenza, JimsonTheBetrayer, Li Dawny, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, Quidnose, SirSamVimes, tpink, Truth Quark, VivaNova :rubshands:

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 01st, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

Sure, Capone was a bit rough around the edges. But as far as gangsters go, he was practically a proper gentleman - generally genial to friends and enemies alike. When the rubber hit the road, though... well, he could be a mean sonofabitch when he wanted to. As he said once, "You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun."

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Podima posted:

:rip: King Burgundy, aka Gomberto 'No Cigar' Li Vecchi, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Cop}, was filled with lead on Night 2! :rip:

I am not sure if this means AA is lying or not.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
It explains why he was talking about cops not necessarily CC'ing and why he had was going hard after AA.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Admittedly, it makes me look suspicious, but ANarc claimed to have a duplicate of a previously claimed role. I didn't lie about mine.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
First of all, my suspicion of TQ required that there be a single, large scum team, such that Infinitum would have been willing to sacrifice a scumbro for town cred.

I think Cat was the leader of a second, separate scum team.

Does anyone else think that Moat's voting shenanigans were suspicious?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Haha and this is why you should always lynch lurkers. Good stuff.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, whoever changed Jimson's avatar text, you're my new hero.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Adahn1986 posted:

First of all, my suspicion of TQ required that there be a single, large scum team, such that Infinitum would have been willing to sacrifice a scumbro for town cred.

I think Cat was the leader of a second, separate scum team.

Does anyone else think that Moat's voting shenanigans were suspicious?

Re: the cat thing, It could be that or she could have been a 3p boss like there was some speculation about previously.

Either thing is just as likely.

Right now my inclination is still that anarc is scum but moat's voting stuff was really weird.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

vote: cc

So harrowing right now

Moatillata posted:

##vote:curious cat

There.

Moatillata posted:

##vote:curious cat

There.

Moatillata posted:

##vote curious cat

Moatillata posted:

Vote for me burgundy I'm all hosed up

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I messed up one of my quotes, but 3 of them didn't count, and the first one was a pretty obvious fakevote that never would have counted.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

CapitalistPig posted:

Nah two cops in a game with possible 2 scum teams doesn't seem to over powered.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:laffo:

CC must be so pissed right now

Also

:tinfoil:

That is anyone who thinks my loving up the voting was anything other than my own ineptitude. I was trying to wash dishes and phone post at the same time to make sure not to miss deadline (UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE).

I also want quid to check in about the KB nk.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Moatillata posted:

:laffo:

CC must be so pissed right now

Also

:tinfoil:

That is anyone who thinks my loving up the voting was anything other than my own ineptitude. I was trying to wash dishes and phone post at the same time to make sure not to miss deadline (UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE).

I also want quid to check in about the KB nk.

What? You couldn't stop washing dishes for a minute and take 10 seconds to properly type in a vote, especially after you made (two? three?) vote attempts? Like, how long does that even take.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
so, with our hypothesis that there were three bosses, all are dead, with unknown inheritors

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
2 without known inheritors*

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Who wants there Avatar drawn? Also!

Let's not forget who called curious cat as scum (me me did) so I say we go Li Dawny next. That meanie.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Let's not forget who called curious cat as scum (me me did) so I say we go Li Dawny next. That meanie.

once again jimson we will meet in combat then, because li isn't scum this game

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

once again jimson we will meet in combat then, because li isn't scum this game

So says the bad at mafia snake.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

So says the bad at mafia snake.

says the betrayer

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: Thanks for killing me. :( Jerks! :ghost:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Me plz

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
but to be honest if this avatar wasn't so bomb i would probably make that my avatar jimson

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

VivaNova posted:

This got me thinking. If you're the boss on the list, you don't want it narrowed down, correct? So the boss wouldn't be pushing someone else on the list.

AA's on CC, but might be a self-preservation thing. Before was on AN.
Pig is on AN
AR was on adahn d1, is on AN
AN was on AA
adahn has been very against AR and AA and specifically mentioned not tying to find the boss iirc.
CC nothing

hm.

Also bravo for this post. You are now the town superstar

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
also no one's giving me shine it's shine 1 all over again :smith:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
How do you get more shine? Hypothetically speaking. If one were to need more shine

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'm asking for a friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Brewers give it to you. Like Glowku, the Brewer we killed.

• Locked thread