Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm excited for Barbiel the Needle because all his bullshit will make even less sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Caphi posted:

I'm excited for Barbiel the Needle because all his bullshit will make even less sense.

Make him be from Atreem, and Mist is his best bud.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Reading through faqs of previous games trying to predict what old story stuff could pop up in MD....

holy hell SRW original story stuff is confusing. It makes the constantly shifting backgrounds of American comics look simple in comparison.

Hell, most originals could be slotted into the DC or Marvel universes pretty easily.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

OG MD spoilers:

Franz is no longer a computer program.

E: We have confirmation on a particular J unit.

AradoBalanga fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 29, 2016

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
not that I've gone out of my way to look for them, but where are the usual flood of Mist edits that come with every new OG game?

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Brunom1 posted:

Super huge upgrade spoilers below (the bottom ones in particular):

http://i.imgur.com/2kgzgn6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Lxm7yEH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SHvGOpa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kN4RqdO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2r5QMup.jpg

These last two make me so happy that things are getting back on track. Hopefully the late, late stages will give us the big ones.

OMG YES I LOVE YOU BANPRESTO. On my wishlist of things, ill take 1 out of the 3

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I dunno about you guys, but I could use a distraction from the next 12 hours of waiting for release.

It's OGG STREAM TIME!

edit: Stream over, thanks guys!

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jun 29, 2016

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
Didn't Terada say something about not including the Z originals in the OG games? Just asking for absolutely no reason at all.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
so far no folka ;.;

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Boksi posted:

Didn't Terada say something about not including the Z originals in the OG games? Just asking for absolutely no reason at all.

He said, specifically, that the Z originals were not made with OG in mind.

One might notice that this also applies to any originals made before OG was a thing.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Also since we have Excellence Gunstriker is there possibly any hope for Excellence Cosmoflydiver considering Cosmo and Diver didn't even happen in OGS despite being the best ones?

It'd sort of make sense, Gunstriker is the two slow land-based heavy attack ones while the other three are lighter-armed, so Gunstriker would pack a lot of punch but Cosmoflydiver would be more zippy and easier to use.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Cosmodriver was in OGG, you just never had a single reason to use it because there were basically no space stages.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hell, most originals could be slotted into the DC or Marvel universes pretty easily.

Reminder of the existence of Shogun Warriors.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I want the store to update before midnight. Midnight is a dumb time to be able to START downloading a game.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
So it looks like Granteed is now the personal unit of the royal family. It can also be used by Touya's family, who serve as dedicated royal guards. It seems like the plot starts with El-Selda foreseeing that Gu-Landon was going to pull some shady poo poo, so he jacks it and the Powerpuff girls and drives them all to Touya.

More interestingly (and less spoilerly), the Dracodeus' description states that it was intended to be the Fury's final weapon against the Ruina!

Also Granteed went from 30 meters tall to 64.5, so I guess we can't make jokes about its size anymore.

EDIT: Oh, and Shana-Mia is confirmed as a sub-pilot. Starts with Trust, Cheer, Faith, Prayer.

I can't believe how hype I am for this game, I didn't realize I liked J's setting so much. Please let the PS3 version be english too. :smith:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jun 29, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Is that how they're gonna solve Touya's love-triangle issues?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wonder how different SRW will look in 1080p on my TV? I've re-familiarized myself with how it looks at 720, I wonder if or how the extra resolution will express itself?

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Wading through the Shitposters in 4ch is always fun. But found another potential spoiler a lot were waiting for confirmation on:

Screenshot showing 2 folks discussing using the Coustwell Brachium to steal the Throne Robot. Still no sign of the Coustwell in game, but its clearly mentioned. Looks promising, even if we only get the Brachium

The overkaiser sword animation......is just....holy crap....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_InUX9TR2V4

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 29, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pureauthor posted:

Is that how they're gonna solve Touya's love-triangle issues?

I can't wait to see all the silly yuri fanart with Calvina and Festenia :v:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Some attack videos have started showing up on my Youtube feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm7Qnp7U4Mg

:swoon:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Wading through the Shitposters in 4ch is always fun. But found another potential spoiler a lot were waiting for confirmation on:

Screenshot showing 2 folks discussing using the Coustwell Brachium to steal the Throne Robot. Still no sign of the Coustwell in game, but its clearly mentioned. Looks promising, even if we only get the Brachium

A screenshot shows Ja Mu piloting both the Coustwell and the Brachium as well.

More surprising, different spoiler: Calico and Spectra show up too.

This is the first time in years I cared enough about a SRW game to browse /m/ again for news.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Anyone know what time games tend to go up on the Japanese store? I assume "throughout the day" like the US one.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Eternal Volfogg posted:

that attack animation looks unbelievably good, holy poo poo

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

Anyone know what time games tend to go up on the Japanese store? I assume "throughout the day" like the US one.
Sometimes it's midnight JST (in about 20 minutes) but usually it's midday the next day. Occasionally it's before midnight so I'm F5ing the store.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Sometimes it's midnight JST (in about 20 minutes) but usually it's midday the next day. Occasionally it's before midnight so I'm F5ing the store.

If you see it go up would you mind posting in the thread? I'm at work at the moment so I can't F5 the store but I can at least grab it and set it downloading if it does go up.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

If you see it go up would you mind posting in the thread? I'm at work at the moment so I can't F5 the store but I can at least grab it and set it downloading if it does go up.
Okay, but I'm not going to stay up much beyond midnight.

Why can't 90% of Japanese publishers be assed to set up their games for preordering and pre-load? Preordering by itself is worthless but preloading is sweet as hell.

edit: not exactly SRW but this weekend I'm gonna watch the Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky on the big screen it's gonna be sweet.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 29, 2016

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Still waiting to see if we get any of the Masou Kishin back. There is a screenshot showing Masaki back and it claims he comes with Amara Ryune and Shu, and he has the Neo Granzon already. I feel this is too good to be true, no way we can keep that glorious machine only halfway through the game

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 29, 2016

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
This will be the second time I'll be able to actually read the drat story. The first time was with SRW J and it's fans translation, so it sounds like Moon Dwellers is a pretty fitting game to have be the second :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dre2Dee2 posted:

This will be the second time I'll be able to actually read the drat story. The first time was with SRW J and it's fans translation, so it sounds like Moon Dwellers is a pretty fitting game to have be the second :v:

If you're not aware, Super Robot Wars Original Generation 1 and 2 were given an official English release which you can probably find in some format or another and play through.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Well, all the speculation about this game just being Gaiden Stage 41 we have the balmarians showing up, Cobray appears in a cutscene. Still 20 stages to go

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 29, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I guess it's not new or anything but how do people play these games so drat fast? I didn't think there would be physically enough hours yet today to get that far in a SRW game even in full speedrun mode.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Well, all the speculation about this game just being Gaiden Stage 41 we have the balmarians showing up, speculation that Cobray will appear. Still 20 stages to go

Calico and Spectra are there, leading the group, and Cobray has also shown up... as Ain. Nothing about him transforming yet (though he did get a bit dazed and mumble "factors").

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I guess it's not new or anything but how do people play these games so drat fast? I didn't think there would be physically enough hours yet today to get that far in a SRW game even in full speedrun mode.

I assume they skip all dialogue and animations. Just blaze through as fast as possible to find what units and characters show up.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ethiser posted:

I assume they skip all dialogue and animations. Just blaze through as fast as possible to find what units and characters show up.
Even then it sounds really difficult. But I guess internet fame awaits if you finish first...

I am giving up for the night, I'll check the store again in the morning.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Jesus, the animations in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGSIp9OM8FA

Also I love that he uses the head vulcans.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

KoB posted:

Jesus, the animations in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGSIp9OM8FA

Also I love that he uses the head vulcans.

I'm mad that this video ends immediately before the final "ACE ATTACKER" lyric.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I ordered a physical copy of the game so I've got to wait a week or so for EMS to get it to me. All the attack animations look amazing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Stay until the end of the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rh46Fd9ihc

Also, remember Coffin of the End's boss? Yeah, he's apparently back, and jacked a thing from Great Battle 2 as his ride.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Just from the screen shots the end of this game seems to go off the rails straight into crazy town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really appreciate people keeping the spoiler tags up by the way.

• Locked thread