Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
my action failed as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

So either scum withheld a nk, or something stopped it? Those are the only two options I can think of, am I missing something?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
also this is why you always turbo jimson

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote AR

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't believe AR knows his action failed.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

##vote AR

dont kill me I'm the ball launch

this is a very interesting game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

Flavor claim at one vote less than an hour into the day? Come on.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I don't believe AR knows his action failed.

I agree, I didn't get any confirmation or anything regarding my night action, also the flavor claim plea to not vote him at 1 vote

##vote ar

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Absurd Revolver posted:

Like this feels super fake, what is very interesting about this game where literally nothing has happened except a sweet turbo

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Never not vote Jimson. Good work, everyone.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

JakeP posted:

Like this feels super fake, what is very interesting about this game where literally nothing has happened except a sweet turbo

I thought the sweet turbo was the best part though.

:awesomelon:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i didn't get a confirmation, but something would have happened if i was successful and since it didn't happen i can easily assume it failed

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

Flavor claim at one vote less than an hour into the day? Come on.

But does "ball launch" really tell us anything one way or the other anyway?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Li Dawny posted:

So either scum withheld a nk, or something stopped it? Those are the only two options I can think of, am I missing something?

I don't think I've ever seen a game where scum withheld an NK on N1.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

tpink posted:

But does "ball launch" really tell us anything one way or the other anyway?

Kinda. It's specific-enough flavor that it can be counter-claimed. The number of games with multiple ball launchers in the history of pinball can probably be counted on both hands.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I also didn't get any confirmation either way.

This is a piece we play in my current band and it's a lot of fun to listen to the trumpets just go crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHDd0jQxrI0

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Allen Wren posted:

Kinda. It's specific-enough flavor that it can be counter-claimed. The number of games with multiple ball launchers in the history of pinball can probably be counted on both hands.

Why would anyone counterclaim flavour?

Why would you think flavour would matter?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IllegallySober posted:

I mean, okay, random is random, I guess

##vote Jimson

##vote illegalysober

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Asiina posted:

That's what I'm saying. Like, someone could counterclaim flavor but flavor seems non-role-specific, so then what?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oh cool a day I can finally post in.

##vote MG3 what up mang

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
The reason dongs is scum is because he didn't vote Jimson

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I can confirm a lightning rod

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

Neither did I, I had irl things. Look at illegallysober's vote

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Allen Wren posted:

Who cares? How does that matter?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Your Personal Muse posted:

ya he was the only nonjimson vote placed, pretty scummy

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Dongs was here and voted me

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Yet you posted 4 minutes after the hammer

scummy as gently caress

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It sounds like there is a ball action that activates different roles depending on who it hits. I'm guessing there's a separate kill action on top of that, which got foiled by the ball.

Sounds kinda dumb but that's what I think anyway.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

Flavor is probably unique in this game but seeing as Jimson was the cabinet who knows what other parts the scum might have. I wouldn't really have thought the pinball cabinet would be scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

Yet you posted 4 minutes after the hammer

scummy as gently caress

Lol sorry I didn't coordinate my life for a self vote turbo. Guess that's scummy to check on the thread when it's convenient for me. If it was an actual deadline it'd be scummy.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

Flavor is probably unique in this game but seeing as Jimson was the cabinet who knows what other parts the scum might have. I wouldn't really have thought the pinball cabinet would be scum.

flavor is probably unique, sure, but has nothing to do with alignment, so scum can freely claim their flavor and not need to worry about being counterclaimed or exposed

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Lol sorry I didn't coordinate my life for a self vote turbo. Guess that's scummy to check on the thread when it's convenient for me. If it was an actual deadline it'd be scummy.

its scummy because you claim to have not been around, but just so happened to be around immediately after the lynching vote was placed

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

flavor is probably unique, sure, but has nothing to do with alignment, so scum can freely claim their flavor and not need to worry about being counterclaimed or exposed

Yeah I'm agreeing with you.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Since AR claimed his flavor I'd like to hear what the actual role does now. If you're that itchy to claim you may as well claim all the way.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

its scummy because you claim to have not been around, but just so happened to be around immediately after the lynching vote was placed

Additionally you posted 10 minutes before the turbo started, so the fact that you weren't around for the couple hours it took for the turbo to happen, but were around right before and right after it is suspect as hell

##vote AA

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

Additionally you posted 10 minutes before the turbo started, so the fact that you weren't around for the couple hours it took for the turbo to happen, but were around right before and right after it is suspect as hell

##vote AA

I like this, it is a good vote. Scum get quiet when the situation isn't going their way, it's often safer than jumping one way or another on a bandwagon against your buddy.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Asiina posted:

JakeP posted:

fuckin' touchy, jesus

scum got run out, was a part of the table not dealing with ball movement. deadwood if you will.

guy claims a role that's actually part of the game mechanics.

seems relevant to me.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

##vote AA

Agreed

The Ninth Layer posted:

It sounds like there is a ball action that activates different roles depending on who it hits. I'm guessing there's a separate kill action on top of that, which got foiled by the ball.

Sounds kinda dumb but that's what I think anyway.

Everyone but AA visited someone last night

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I know who they visited but I would rather not claim who it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
If scum withheld the nightkill and AA was the only one not to visit this particular person, and that person is a LR, it would make sense AA is scum

• Locked thread