Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I am a 1 shot nexus, I targeted asiina, jakes vote is bullshit and these logic leaps you're all making are as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't randomly reassign all actions or redirect to me. Instead any actions targeting me get redirected to target player.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Worst vote on jimson outside of his own loving self vote os illegallysober's your welcome.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
You're you are gently caress it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Allen Wren posted:

fuckin' touchy, jesus

scum got run out, was a part of the table not dealing with ball movement. deadwood if you will.

guy claims a role that's actually part of the game mechanics.

seems relevant to me.

Please stop with flavor spec based on 1 flip.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Nexus is a scum role

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote AA for reasons I have already stated

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I am a 1 shot nexus, I targeted asiina, jakes vote is bullshit and these logic leaps you're all making are as well.

What is the point of claiming this now holy poo poo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Nexus is a neutral role.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Your Personal Muse posted:

Everyone but AA visited someone last night

If scum withheld the nightkill and AA was the only one not to visit this particular person, and that person is a LR, it would make sense AA is scum

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also sick of jakeps poo poo, he did this in dongs last game and was wrong there too.

Also I claimed cause I used my 1 shot ability last night, how is that holy poo poo worthy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Only i dont visit people, I redirect from me That's it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Also sick of jakeps poo poo, he did this in dongs last game and was wrong there too.

Also I claimed cause I used my 1 shot ability last night, how is that holy poo poo worthy.

No I didn't?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

No I didn't?

You absolutely did. On phone and working but would gladly provide quotes when I have the time.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Only i dont visit people, I redirect from me That's it.

Get this, I'm saying you are lying. I watched someone. Everyone but you visited them. I highly doubt that everyone just happened to visit this person as a collective, so they are probably LR. There was no night kill so scum probably withheld. You didn't visit, you are probably the scum who withheld

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

You absolutely did. On phone and working but would gladly provide quotes when I have the time.

In Dongsbotts game I pushed for the person who CCed my role day 1, and then for the guy who was investigated as scum day 2 and died that night?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
And it seems like "targetting asiina" would be visiting them

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Get this, I'm saying you are lying. I watched someone. Everyone but you visited them. I highly doubt that everyone just happened to visit this person as a collective, so they are probably LR. There was no night kill so scum probably withheld. You didn't visit, you are probably the scum who withheld

He is saying he doesn't have a night action so that is why he didn't target the LR, which would mean every other player in the game has a night action and targetted the LR

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

No you idiot, I choose a person to redirect all actions affecting me to. How in the hell is that me visiting them?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

This i agree with though

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

He is saying he doesn't have a night action so that is why he didn't target the LR, which would mean every other player in the game has a night action and targetted the LR

I know, but he also said that he targetted Asiina to redirect to which would be a night action

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
actually I could see how that wouldn't be visiting them. I assume that redirectors visit the person they are targetting, and point them at a another player, so they wouldn't be visiting that third player

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

No you idiot, I choose a person to redirect all actions affecting me to. How in the hell is that me visiting them?

You know that we don't actually visit them in real life? Why I watched someone from the comfort of my own home!

Here is the low down "idiot", visiting is what we do when we expend a night action on someone. Maybe you are a special snowflake who expends a night action without visiting someone, but almost everyone else visits when they perform a night action.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
This setup spec is making my head hurt.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

actually I could see how that wouldn't be visiting them. I assume that redirectors visit the person they are targetting, and point them at a another player, so they wouldn't be visiting that third player

But if the person targetted someone, they would be visiting someone, and thus would be redirected to the LR.

Now I realize that if there is a LR, there might be a doctor or something to block the scum kill, but I think AA is lying anyway

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

You know that we don't actually visit them in real life? Why I watched someone from the comfort of my own home!

Here is the low down "idiot", visiting is what we do when we expend a night action on someone. Maybe you are a special snowflake who expends a night action without visiting someone, but almost everyone else visits when they perform a night action.

It should be crystal clear how nexus works. Either you assign all actions at random, or you deflect to a particular person but you yourself never leave your home.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
YPM is dumb and pushing a really stupid case

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

tpink posted:

This setup spec is making my head hurt.

There is no setup spec. We aren't speculating on potential roles. There is a LR. AA claimed to target someone. AA did not visit the LR, which would probably happen had he targetted someone.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

It should be crystal clear how nexus works. Either you assign all actions at random, or you deflect to a particular person but you yourself never leave your home.

I have the version of the ability where i redirect all actions affecting me to another player, but I dont physically deliver them to said player as if they were my abilities, it's a detour, a reroute, a switch in the train tracks.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kashuno posted:

YPM is dumb and pushing a really stupid case

Then listen to Jake's case idc

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That feels like mod discretion on whether that would count as visiting or not, since it's about you not your target.

If you're really a 1-shot town nexus why would you waste that on N1?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

JakeP posted:

Additionally you posted 10 minutes before the turbo started, so the fact that you weren't around for the couple hours it took for the turbo to happen, but were around right before and right after it is suspect as hell

##vote AA

This on the other hand is a really straightforward case.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

You targetted someone specific. Any other game at any other time you would visit them.

But who gives a poo poo, you have another case against you and you are only arguing against mine because its more nebulous. You are scum either way.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

JakeP posted:

:confused:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

There is no setup spec. We aren't speculating on potential roles. There is a LR. AA claimed to target someone. AA did not visit the LR, which would probably happen had he targetted someone.

If there's an LR, why isn't it also possible that there's a doctor whose protection also got targeted to the same target as the NK?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

tpink posted:

If there's an LR, why isn't it also possible that there's a doctor whose protection also got targeted to the same target as the NK?

I already mentioned that and dropped that aspect of the case.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

If scum withheld the nightkill and AA was the only one not to visit this particular person, and that person is a LR, it would make sense AA is scum

Both of these can't be true.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't like "WELL YOU WERE HERE THEN YOU WEREN'T THEN YOU WERE" because this is an internet forum. I feel like this is a bad push.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't randomly reassign all actions or redirect to me. Instead any actions targeting me get redirected to target player.

If there was a lightning rod in this game, there's no reason to think you wouldn't have targeted that person like everyone else did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

But who gives a poo poo, you have another case against you and you are only arguing against mine because its more nebulous. You are scum either way.

This is a reasonable point and Jake's case is good.

##vote AA

• Locked thread