Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Your Personal Muse posted:

You targetted someone specific. Any other game at any other time you would visit them.

But who gives a poo poo, you have another case against you and you are only arguing against mine because its more nebulous. You are scum either way.

AA, what's your answer to why you mysteriously vanished right during the turbo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Y'all do this thing but I won't be part of it

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

tpink posted:

This on the other hand is a really straightforward case.

Again if it was after a hard set in stone deadline I could understand the suspicion in the case. Game starts, I make a confirming post, do my thing in real life because why would I expect a turbo to happen in 2 hours of the game to be open or a scum to self vote in said turbo. I show up after everything I've needed to do for the evening was done, and see a player has happened. That's not suspicious, that's just timing. I work 9 to 6 monday through friday, commute home an hour, check the forums around dinner then take care of my fiancée and baby until they go to sleep where I then iron, wash things and then check the forums again. Sorry I didn't mail you all a copy of my nightly itinerary before signing up.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Do you think YPM is lying?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

This is a reasonable point and Jake's case is good.

##vote AA

Its a garbage case

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kashuno posted:

Man I wish I had Kash's moral compass.

I don't care that AA wasn't there for the turbo. Half of the players weren't. But the fact is AA was here right before and right after the turbo and I don't think I would vote AA over dongs if it weren't for the LR thing. There are too many suspicious things surrounding AA.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer posted:

Do you think YPM is lying?

No I think it's a dumb/bad case, based on really lovely reasoning and spec on how mod handles a very rare role. I think Jake's case is equally bad, and basing it on "oh hey you were around before and after the turbo pretty sus" is bad for an internet game.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

what are you confused about

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Again if it was after a hard set in stone deadline I could understand the suspicion in the case. Game starts, I make a confirming post, do my thing in real life because why would I expect a turbo to happen in 2 hours of the game to be open or a scum to self vote in said turbo. I show up after everything I've needed to do for the evening was done, and see a player has happened. That's not suspicious, that's just timing. I work 9 to 6 monday through friday, commute home an hour, check the forums around dinner then take care of my fiancée and baby until they go to sleep where I then iron, wash things and then check the forums again. Sorry I didn't mail you all a copy of my nightly itinerary before signing up.

Despite your excuses, timing is everything. Nobody knows when you were or weren't around a computer, but if that window happens to coincide exactly with a scum member getting voted out it's going to look suspicious.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Vote me out I'm town and quickly losing patience with this game. Maybe you'll get lucky and the rest of the scum will vote themselves out like Jimson who shouldn't have even signed up for a game he wasnt going to participate in.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

No I think it's a dumb/bad case, based on really lovely reasoning and spec on how mod handles a very rare role. I think Jake's case is equally bad, and basing it on "oh hey you were around before and after the turbo pretty sus" is bad for an internet game.

Normally I would agree with you, but it would have to be a very lovely coincidence to be there 10 minutes before the start of and 4 minutes after the end of the turbo, its just so convenient.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Vote me out I'm town and quickly losing patience with this game. Maybe you'll get lucky and the rest of the scum will vote themselves out like Jimson who shouldn't have even signed up for a game he wasnt going to participate in.

You seem mad. I'm not in a hurry to vote anyone out just yet. Take a break and come back and try to win the game for the town, if that's your alignment.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jimson participated in this game as much as you did before his lynch

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
You are -5 you don't need to give up.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

The Ninth Layer posted:

You seem mad. I'm not in a hurry to vote anyone out just yet. Take a break and come back and try to win the game for the town, if that's your alignment.

Agree with this. We don't need another turbo today.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Wah. Jimson literally got turbo'd while half the game was afk or asleep. lol if you haven't self voted when you gettin turbo'd d1 tbh.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

Jimson participated in this game as much as you did before his lynch

Why would scum vote themselvss out on a rolling start vote? He could have defused it as those votes usually do end up defused but no, he self votes and gets hammered. He had no intentions in playing the game, my participation was a confirmation post because the game just loving started. holy poo poo.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I think the anger thing is extremely put on and fake. AA isn't some newb, he has been playing mafia games here for years. This isn't some super unreasonable pressure and he doesn't have enough votes to warrant this reaction.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Why would scum vote themselvss out on a rolling start vote? He could have defused it as those votes usually do end up defused but no, he self votes and gets hammered. He had no intentions in playing the game, my participation was a confirmation post because the game just loving started. holy poo poo.

his self vote was after the hammer

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

Wah. Jimson literally got turbo'd while half the game was afk or asleep. lol if you haven't self voted when you gettin turbo'd d1 tbh.

11 of 15 players . managed to turbo him

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

In 2 hours half of the loving game wasnt afk or asleep

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

I think the anger thing is extremely put on and fake. AA isn't some newb, he has been playing mafia games here for years. This isn't some super unreasonable pressure and he doesn't have enough votes to warrant this reaction.

This I agree with. I feel like AA's reaction is so far out there and he's actually mad at Jimson for being scumbro who died too early.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Im done checking this thread. You guys are idiots and honestly I expected to play an actual game not some idiotic me too poo poo show without any critical thinking or considerations.

Please do vote me out.

##vote AA

Anti town wah wah whatever.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Also here's some genuine advice for you. If you are town, don't vocally complain day 2 about how bad the game is going if the town lynched scum on day 1. Actually, don't do it as any alignment, you look scummy when you sympathize with the scum team.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Im done checking this thread. You guys are idiots and honestly I expected to play an actual game not some idiotic me too poo poo show without any critical thinking or considerations.

Please do vote me out.

##vote AA

This is sad. The town is winning and you're eager to quit?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Please do vote me out.

##vote AA

You have two cases against you that people at least are open to. If you are town you can at least try and defend your innocence instead of instantly calling me an idiot. Part of the reason I'm confident in this case is because usually you act alot different when being cased.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Please do vote me out.

##vote AA

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Please do vote me out.

##vote AA

bro are you like having a bad day or some poo poo? This is childish as gently caress and coming from me that's saying something. I'd happily vote you out for being a baby back bitch right now.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

By my count Jimson was already hammered before he self-voted.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
TNL where is Mills as member #3 of his fan club I expect answers

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
lol wtf

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##vote aa

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Your Personal Muse posted:

TNL where is Mills as member #3 of his fan club I expect answers

Battle.net says afk for 9 hours. He plays a lot of Hearthstone these days or so I understand.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote AA It's the one shot that does it for me. I could almost believe the rest, but him calling it one shot sounds too much like a bluff

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

The Ninth Layer posted:

Battle.net says afk for 9 hours. He plays a lot of Hearthstone these days or so I understand.

Thank you for your answer I will update my blog.

He was one of my favorites along with gulag, the OG pig, and lumpen

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i am og, thanks

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

mixtape dropping soon yung gotti already took the name money, bitches, power so i gotta think of a new name

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
AA is at -2 can we not

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i am og, thanks

moddddd?????? modkill pls

Adbot