Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

what makes you think that?

I think he might be on to something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

We're the cases against you bad or not?

You know trying to post with a cool calm head, they aren't terrible cases. I just, I tilted with Jakes case. I don't find me confirming and then coming back later to be scummy as gently caress even with the turbo in between. It's circumstantial and kind of WIFOM.

I mean even if I wasn't busy at night, no one could actually predict yesterday's events.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

You know trying to post with a cool calm head, they aren't terrible cases. I just, I tilted with Jakes case. I don't find me confirming and then coming back later to be scummy as gently caress even with the turbo in between. It's circumstantial and kind of WIFOM.

I mean even if I wasn't busy at night, no one could actually predict yesterday's events.

I want to kill him for the pun he just made scum or not

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
So were they poo poo cases, not entirely. Jakes is circumstantial WIFOM and YPMs relies on implicit knowledge of my PM and how the mod handles redirection as being a targeted "visit" or reflexive.

Neither are good cases, but they aren't terrible.

I think they're both town.

Asiina, Kash, RF maybe not.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

I want to kill him for the pun he just made scum or not

Then do it big man.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

So were they poo poo cases, not entirely. Jakes is circumstantial WIFOM and YPMs relies on implicit knowledge of my PM and how the mod handles redirection as being a targeted "visit" or reflexive.

Neither are good cases, but they aren't terrible.

I think they're both town.

Asiina, Kash, RF maybe not.

Why Asiina, Kash, and RF? Kash was defending you pretty heavily.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Why Asiina, Kash, and RF? Kash was defending you pretty heavily.

His taking no part in this stancr earlier on, seems in the know about my alignment and he could fall back on it later on. A scum down, I imagine they'll be thinking about the longterm now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
RF for thinking a 1 shot if the nexus is suspect as opposed to always redirecting. What sense would it make if I had unlimited redirect. For the record, I don't know if it redirects NK. I assume it does because it does not say it doesn't.

Asiina is a gut feel. Which is also why I redirected to her last night.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

His taking no part in this stancr earlier on, seems in the know about my alignment and he could fall back on it later on. A scum down, I imagine they'll be thinking about the longterm now.

But his stance was pretty much that our cases were terrible. You hadn't done anything that would make someone give a positive town read on you so why would he defend you by saying you are town? He defended you as best as it seems town can.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

But his stance was pretty much that our cases were terrible. You hadn't done anything that would make someone give a positive town read on you so why would he defend you by saying you are town? He defended you as best as it seems town can.

It's my opinion man. Like I said, a scum ploy to appeal to town on behalf of someone who is likely dying for credit down the line. Read or no read. Your thought process requires we objevtively played mafia as you do subjectively. Not everyone thinks that way, and I've seen scum do this very thing more than once.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

It's my opinion man. Like I said, a scum ploy to appeal to town on behalf of someone who is likely dying for credit down the line. Read or no read. Your thought process requires we objevtively played mafia as you do subjectively. Not everyone thinks that way, and I've seen scum do this very thing more than once.

Or I'm questioning the person that is my top scum read to see a reaction, because right now all I have to work with is a meltdown.

If town were to defend you how would you expect them to do it?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Or I'm questioning the person that is my top scum read to see a reaction, because right now all I have to work with is a meltdown.

If town were to defend you how would you expect them to do it?

I honestly don't know. Probably in a way that questioned me like you're doing now, without first assuming that I absolutely had to be the scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also there's a lot of lurkers.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

YPM I think you're wrong and a large portion of your case is setup spec

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

MG3 posted:

YPM I think you're wrong and a large portion of your case is setup spec

How is it setup spec? The only thing that is spec is that when you target someone you visit them, which is really not a huge stretch

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Also why do you think Jimson is scum we are waiting to hear your case

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Also there's a lot of lurkers.

To be honest I was waiting for a PM telling me what the result of my night action was to check this thread and y'all have put up like four pages of posts in the four hours I wasn't checking the thread.

I don't see a real need to turbo two days in a row but since as I recall you're the one who tried to build a case against my vote from yesterday, which I explained even as I was making it, I don't really see why I shouldn't just vote you now and be done with it.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Also why do you think Jimson is scum we are waiting to hear your case

He's a major lurker that was turboed day one and flipped scum lol

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

MG3 posted:

He's a major lurker that was turboed day one and flipped scum lol

Perfect so how about you tell me how my case is setup speculation apart from targetting someone necessitating visiting them?

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Perfect so how about you tell me how my case is setup speculation apart from targetting someone necessitating visiting them?

Because it probably doesn't work that way you say it does

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Or maybe it does work the way you say it do, but it don't

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

MG3 posted:

Or maybe it does work the way you say it do, but it don't

But you said a major portion of my case is setup spec. Which part other than the visiting = targetting thing is spec?

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

None of it. There is more?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

MG3 posted:

None of it. There is more?

I saw everyone except AA visit someone.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I'll admit I typically only skim posts on players that I've already made up my mind on

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
At this point I think AAs temper tantrum was because he was being correctly lynched as scum, and he was pissed that he was legitimately not around at the time of the Jimson turbo, and its not fair

He is trying to act like he has calmed down now, but I cannot see his behavior as a town player upset he was being mislynched based on how quickly he went into crybaby mode under so little pressure.

I don't think the fact that AA didn't visit anyone means anything other than he is probably actually a nexus

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
either that or his goal was to make the thread so uncomfortable to post in that people don't vote him so that he shuts up, and really I got turned off from posting in the thread while he was raging

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

At this point I think AAs temper tantrum was because he was being correctly lynched as scum, and he was pissed that he was legitimately not around at the time of the Jimson turbo, and its not fair

He is trying to act like he has calmed down now, but I cannot see his behavior as a town player upset he was being mislynched based on how quickly he went into crybaby mode under so little pressure.

I don't think the fact that AA didn't visit anyone means anything other than he is probably actually a nexus

I'm inclined to agree. I think his case on Kash doesn't make much sense and comes more from acting more than anything else and like I said before, he is mad that he is not getting cased "correctly" (because he actually did target asiina and was legitimately not here for the turbo) and that he is getting lynched so early rather than getting mislynched as town.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
sorry i've been so absent, life happened and i've been distracted

AA is probably scum but i'm also pretty suspect of dongs

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Absurd Revolver posted:

This, 1000%. I feel that AA is most likely town, just because I've been there and have reacted similarly. That being said, I will be keeping an eye on AA posts just to be sure. One flip out/melt down is understandable, multiple make me feel like scum is afoot.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Li Dawny posted:

This, 1000%. I feel that AA is most likely town, just because I've been there and have reacted similarly. That being said, I will be keeping an eye on AA posts just to be sure. One flip out/melt down is understandable, multiple make me feel like scum is afoot.

Very often meltdowns are a town tell, but generally they are because the player has been under pressure for an extended period of time, from multiple people. AA freaked out immediately when 2 people called him scummy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I think AA's rage was either manufactured or a result of Jimson getting turbo'd. His case on me doesn't come from a logical town perspective and instead looks like he wants to try and shift focus onto a player who is known to get a lot of heat anyway

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

You get a lot of heat? Usually that doesn't happen for as many games as you have played

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Absurd Revolver posted:

AA is probably scum but i'm also pretty suspect of dongs

fuk u

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

bring it u scumlord

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im not a scumlord im just the only person to not vote for a flipped scumbo and posting significantly differently in volume from my normal meta for other reasons

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

im not a scumlord im just the only person to not vote for a flipped scumbo and posting significantly differently in volume from my normal meta for other reasons

ur caught scum just give up now and present yourself to slaughter

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

huh really makes you think

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Absurd Revolver posted:

ur caught scum just give up now and present yourself to slaughter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im 2 lazy to post

• Locked thread