Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
He can still call himself Johnny Thu... wait, nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

who are:
mark haskins
pete dunne
jack gallehgater

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

They are all nice British lads ive been watching in PROGRESS. Gallagher is also in the CWC.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

yea ok posted:

who are:
mark haskins

A guy that was in the DG dojo forever and apparently changed his flippy style since then.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Gallagher is a lost vaudevillain

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It's "Johnny Puto," not "Johnny Queero." They turn "puto" into "zero" because, from what I gather, "puto" is an incredibly offensive word in Spanish.

e:f,b

Puto (as well as I understand It) is basically not just gay but gay male prostitute. It's offensive but also fairly commonly used in Mexican slang so it translates directly a little worse than it actually is. But I can understand why on a show where one of the tenets is equality they don't want someone translating and being like "and then the crowd called the heel a homophobic slur for 20 minutes." As I heard one fan say at the last tapings "we gotta be sensitive to our alternative lifestyle brothers. Those guys working the corners down in TJ, they don't want to be called a Mundo, that's just offensive."

Vampiro actually got on the mic before one of the tapings about mid-season three and asked that the crowd stop using "Johnny Puto" (while agreeing with us that he is, in fact, a puto) because those chants aren't going to make it to air and so they don't help. So now he is "Johnny Culo"' (Johnny rear end). I wouldn't be surprised if they start backfilling Johnny Culo into early episodes that they haven't finished editing yet instead of Johnny Zero. It's funny because I think the crowd literally only ever chanted Johnny Zero once in the history of the promotion, when he was down 1-0 in the All Night Long match against Puma.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Endless Mike posted:

It's roughly analogous to calling him "Johnny human being" in English.

There was a guy who worked the northern UK circuit in the early 2000's who worked under the name "Tommy human being." He did not have much of a career to speak of.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Skinty McEdger posted:

There was a guy who worked the northern UK circuit in the early 2000's who worked under the name "Tommy human being." He did not have much of a career to speak of.

Well hey apparently some places in the uk it's considered high praise to be a part of the human being family

also their actual family name is Doody lmao. The human being Doody family

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

A guy that was in the DG dojo forever and apparently changed his flippy style since then.

He also once Brock Lesnar'd himself on a SSP while working Austin Aries in TNA. Of course Aries being the consumate professional that he is immediately kicked him in the head, hit a brainbuster and then locked in the Last Chancery.

And Jack Gallagher is one seriously pale guy that makes Sheamus look tan.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

Well hey apparently some places in the uk it's considered high praise to be a part of the human being family

also their actual family name is Doody lmao. The human being Doody family

Look at the face of the boy on the right. He knows that'll haunt him forever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so what's going on with Tommy End? Is he retiring?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

retiring to sunny Orlando, Florida

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

coconono posted:

so what's going on with Tommy End? Is he retiring?

He's close to retiring from wrestling and launching a career in sports entertainment instead.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Just booked my ticket for Ospreay/Vader. Feel like I should take the opportunity to see Ospreay live before he gets too big to do many UK shows.

Pity I'm not around next week or I could've gotten a chance to see zsj too.

Will be my first live wrestling show and now i'm pretty excited :unsmith:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FAROOQ posted:

Just booked my ticket for Ospreay/Vader. Feel like I should take the opportunity to see Ospreay live before he gets too big to do many UK shows.

Pity I'm not around next week or I could've gotten a chance to see zsj too.

Will be my first live wrestling show and now i'm pretty excited :unsmith:

Live wrestling shows are pretty great.

The first time I went to one, I got to see a side of Ric Flair you never see on TV.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
You saw a sober ric flair?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

RaceyBucket posted:

They are all nice British lads ive been watching in PROGRESS. Gallagher is also in the CWC.

Pete is not nice and a big meanie

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

FAROOQ posted:

You saw a sober ric flair?

Much like the vaunted unicorn I am certain this does not exist

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

dalton castle
pete dunne
sami callihan
tommy end
trevor lee
adam cole
johnny mundo
jack gallagher

chris hero
mark andrews
ricochet
matthew riddle

oatgan fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 30, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
brola

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
BOLA's a 16 man bracket, yes?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

BOLA's a 16 man bracket, yes?

Yep

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Hasn't been 16 for several years. It's probably 24 since they haven't announced a final entrant.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
It's been a 24-person bracket the last two years and since they've already announced it as a 3-day event I'm nearly certain that trend will continue.

Notable PWG regulars who aren't in the entrants so far: O'Reilly, Roddy, Sydal, Scurll, Thatcher, Galloway, Chuck and Trent. The G-1 tour will be over by then so Elgin and Omega might be available too. Probably not going to be a lot of surprises in the last 8, but I'm still holding out hope for Tozawa.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

It's been a 24-person bracket the last two years and since they've already announced it as a 3-day event I'm nearly certain that trend will continue.

Notable PWG regulars who aren't in the entrants so far: O'Reilly, Roddy, Sydal, Scurll, Thatcher, Galloway, Chuck and Trent. The G-1 tour will be over by then so Elgin and Omega might be available too. Probably not going to be a lot of surprises in the last 8, but I'm still holding out hope for Tozawa.

My guess is Kurt Angle. Or Rey Mysterio. I'd be more excited for the latter, mind.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

nick gage gets out of prison september

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
We're almost certainly not getting a significant lucha contingent like last year but Rey Horus would be a great addition.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

We're almost certainly not getting a significant lucha contingent like last year but Rey Horus would be a great addition.

If they're not getting any guys from AAA proper this year since the connection through Konnan isn't there anymore, they should pick up another CMLL guy. If Dragon Lee's too injured to do it get his older bro Rush, his schtick could get way over there.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Idk who their vector for getting CMLL guys would even be, the AAA guys made sense last year because of Ricochet and Cage in the LU locker room. I guess Elgin's in Mexico for CMLL right now but I'm sure the entire field for BOLA weekend has been booked for a while. Plus we're presuming a lot to think a guy on Rush's level would even care about working American indies. Horus isn't directly tied to AAA as far as I know despite wrestling for LU so I assume he'd be a lot easier to book. Flamita as well, for that matter. Ever since I saw that killer Puma/Azteca match that just aired today at the tapings I went to I've been hoping Ricochet would get Horus to Reseda.

But again, there are only 8 spots left and most of them will probably be going to people who already wrestle for the company regularly. I'm only holding out hope for Tozawa because he's already performing in the States for the CWC around the same timeframe, and he's managed to make PWG twice in the last year despite Dragon Gate's heavy touring schedule.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Grozz Nuy posted:

Idk who their vector for getting CMLL guys would even be, the AAA guys made sense last year because of Ricochet and Cage in the LU locker room. I guess Elgin's in Mexico for CMLL right now but I'm sure the entire field for BOLA weekend has been booked for a while. Plus we're presuming a lot to think a guy on Rush's level would even care about working American indies. Horus isn't directly tied to AAA as far as I know despite wrestling for LU so I assume he'd be a lot easier to book. Flamita as well, for that matter. Ever since I saw that killer Puma/Azteca match that just aired today at the tapings I went to I've been hoping Ricochet would get Horus to Reseda.

But again, there are only 8 spots left and most of them will probably be going to people who already wrestle for the company regularly. I'm only holding out hope for Tozawa because he's already performing in the States for the CWC around the same timeframe, and he's managed to make PWG twice in the last year despite Dragon Gate's heavy touring schedule.

BOLA is weird because on one hand its an American indie show but on the other hand it exists in this strange place where a assload of talent has passed through it's gates so it does sort of sit as a tastemaker in indie wrestling. It's no shocker that right when UK wrestling is booming a bunch of UK guys turn up, they understand how strong the ability to sell DVDs in the future featuring guys that eventually get signed to bigger and better things can be.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Skarsnik posted:

Pete is not nice and a big meanie

At the weekend Pete took off his gumshield so he could bite a mans middle finger. Then he bit that middle finger.

Pete Dunne is a great oval office.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
They should get Vader for bola. And Scott Norton.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
And ZANDIG

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Grozz Nuy posted:

CMLL lets dudes do pretty much their own thing, unless its going to AAA. Based on CMLL's booking trends, I wouldn't be surprised if a twitter bot was actually running CMLL.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Anyone seen colt cabanas comedy show,? He's coming here and it's only ten bucks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bigass Moth posted:

Anyone seen colt cabanas comedy show,? He's coming here and it's only ten bucks.

its fun. Lots of dumb wrestling clips and dick jokes.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Skinty McEdger posted:

I remember reading something in an old Observer I ran across online about a guy with an AIDS gimmick in some garbage indie back in the early 90s who always won because nobody would want to hit him.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

I remember reading something in an old Observer I ran across online about a guy with an AIDS gimmick in some garbage indie back in the early 90s who always won because nobody would want to hit him.

The HIV Kid from Incredibly Strange Wrestling. Dave went to a show once

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Zandig's Tournament of Survival from GCW is up for sale now.

DVD/Blu-ray http://smartmarkvideo.com/gcw-blu-ray-dvd-june-5-2016-zandig-s-tournament-survival?platform=hootsuite
MP4: http://smartmarkvideo.com/gcw-june-5-2016-zandig-s-tournament-survival-howell-nj-download?platform=hootsuite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I want to see Jeff Cobb team up with Elgin and Cage to form the Unbreakable F'n Monster Machines and ragdoll everyone