Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I figured, if someone made a NK on me maybe I could redirect to someone else I thought was scum. Your Ah-ha! relies on me thinking Asiina also would be the one to make the NK, which I wasn't betting on. In any case, I didn't think it through all that much. I'm a blow your load type of guy.

My Ah-ha relies on the fact that there are INVESTIGATIVE roles and if those INVESTIGATIVE roles INVESTIGATED you, they would be redirected to Asiina and have gotten a scum result that they would have believed would be on you because, in your mind, Asiina is scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

IllegallySober posted:

Based on the wiki I'm inclined to believe that makes him town.

you're an idiot

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
My ah-ha does not care if Asiina is the one killing and has nothing to do with murder it has to do with investigative roles

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

My Ah-ha relies on the fact that there are INVESTIGATIVE roles and if those INVESTIGATIVE roles INVESTIGATED you, they would be redirected to Asiina and have gotten a scum result that they would have believed would be on you because, in your mind, Asiina is scum.

I actually didn't think about that. I was just thinking about the night kill. Like I said, I blew my load thinking scum might target me because of my hubris.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No I'm saying, YPM's argument relies on me believing I thought she would make the kill. he's arguing, why target asiina if you think she's scum. Why target anyone else than a person I thought was scum? I mean what if I could redirect the nk to kill themselves even. Normally, I see nexus with a limitation, but my limitation is that it is 1-shot, and it redirects any actions targeting me to a target of my choosing.

Outside of that, I have no knowledge on if it can prevent or redirect a kill.

You'd have to assume there was some sort of protection role, though, which kind of invalidates that.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

you're an idiot

A lot of you town will look like idiots when I flip, and if you're scum, well then you suck.

:colbert:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
aa, why were you mad we turbot'd a scum d1

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

You'd have to assume there was some sort of protection role, though, which kind of invalidates that.

How would I have to assume that there was some sort of protection role?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

dongsbot 9000 posted:

aa, why were you mad we turbot'd a scum d1

I wasn't, until Jake started painting me as scum for not being there for the turbo but being there after.

I'm more mad at Jake than town, because Jake made a similar push on me recently and flipped town and I was also town. It was a game scum won. I think it was your game.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

A lot of you town will look like idiots when I flip, and if you're scum, well then you suck.

:colbert:

Nah you'll look like an idiot if you flip town and had a complete meltdown because two guys called you scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

How would I have to assume that there was some sort of protection role?

Because at that point pretty much everyone was alive, so it follows logically.

Not to mention if your nexus were actually one shot, you'd assume other people also have X shot abilities, and using your nexus would likely invalidate and waste them all.

There's just no good, town reason to use a nexus ability N1

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

Honestly I want you to elaborate on this.

The whole nexus ability relies on assumptions, and I'm not guaranteed to make the same assumptions you all might. I feel like the points about how I used my role are illogical.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

I have no knowledge on if it can prevent or redirect a kill.

I actually didn't think about that. I was just thinking about the night kill.

:ducksiren:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

Because at that point pretty much everyone was alive, so it follows logically.

Not to mention if your nexus were actually one shot, you'd assume other people also have X shot abilities, and using your nexus would likely invalidate and waste them all.

There's just no good, town reason to use a nexus ability N1
How would I invalidate them all?

I explained how my role works.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Honestly I want you to elaborate on this.

It's a pretty self contained statement, I'm not sure what you need broken down

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

That's not a redflag you turdlord, like I've already said. I assume I can redirect an NK, but have no knowledge if I actually do or not. This assumption is derived from the fact that I didn't receive any limitations in my PM.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

How would I invalidate them all?

I explained how my role works.

Because a nexus is going to cause a lot of things to cancel out

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

It's a pretty self contained statement, I'm not sure what you need broken down

I posted it before I realized you responded, but please elaborate on how I would invalidate all the x shot roles.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

NOPE! wrong. I explained how my role works.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'd like to know what about Asiina made you think her as scum. She was basically the one pushing (albeit jokingly) the Jimson turbo the most.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's not a redflag you turdlord, like I've already said. I assume I can redirect an NK, but have no knowledge if I actually do or not. This assumption is derived from the fact that I didn't receive any limitations in my PM.

So why didn't you ask? Why would you just blindly use such a big power like that and not think to go "hey cpig, does this work on kills?"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

NOPE! wrong. I explained how my role works.

Well I missed that then.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Retro Futurist posted:

Nexus only redirects things against AA to Asiina I think you are on the wrong track

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I don't randomly reassign all actions or redirect to me. Instead any actions targeting me get redirected to target player.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh poo poo, I'm mixing nexus and lightning rod in my head.

Didn't aa claim lightning rod too?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ugh ##unvote

I have to reread everything now

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
So yeah, I'm not scum, I blew my load, no one died. I also think someone used a lightning rod last night. I don't think the LR and Nexus interacted. I think LR pulled everything, and nexus just farted.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

nope never claimed that lol. Opop- er... RF are you scum?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Retro Futurist posted:

There was a lightning rod last night but AA was definitely not it. Everyone except AA visited the LR last night, which is kind of surprising that if there are one shots every single one of them used it last night

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

So you were worried about the NK targeting you, and rather than confirm with the mod what would happen, you decided to chance it and risk the NK actually going through while removing all protective/tracking abilities on you. Am I reading that correctly?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

There was a lightning rod last night but AA was definitely not it. Everyone except AA visited the LR last night, which is kind of surprising that if there are one shots every single one of them used it last night

Like I said. I don't think Nexus would "visit" a player. It's like a targeted reflection, but I didn't trigger the original actions, so it would show the other players visiting my target and not me. Or at least thats how I take it.

Kashuno posted:

So you were worried about the NK targeting you, and rather than confirm with the mod what would happen, you decided to chance it and risk the NK actually going through while removing all protective/tracking abilities on you. Am I reading that correctly?

I had no way of knowing if there'd be any protective/tracking abilities on me. So yeah, you are absolutely reading that correctly under the lens of a monocled obstinate incorrect turdlord. You're not Mei's Bei. You're roadhogs, hog cleaner.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I've been working under about 10 misunderstandings so far, I'm going to reread at work tonight and do more better.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Like I said. I don't think Nexus would "visit" a player. It's like a targeted reflection, but I didn't trigger the original actions, so it would show the other players visiting my target and not me. Or at least thats how I take it.

I had no way of knowing if there'd be any protective/tracking abilities on me. So yeah, you are absolutely reading that correctly under the lens of a monocled obstinate incorrect turdlord. You're not Mei's Bei. You're roadhogs, hog cleaner.

I understand and am no longer using that as a reason to vote you. Its just amusing that everyone, including possible one shots, performed an action last night and were pulled by the LR

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Oh good, we're back to arguing what actions result in a "visit."

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also I don't know how cpig would do it, but if I do a redirect role I would usually do it the way AA is claiming and not have be seen by trackers/watchers. Kind of invalidates the purpose of the role.

I would, however, use it as a scum/sk role, and usually do

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

tpink posted:

Oh good, we're back to arguing what actions result in a "visit."

Oh hi tpink, I see you are back with a clever side comment that does not have any alignment calls. You never told us what you think about AA, is he scum or not?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I am literally not even voting you I don't know why you're being such a bitch to me

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kashuno posted:

I am literally not even voting you I don't know why you're being such a bitch to me

Its part of the reason I'm voting him he's very caustic in this game which seems unlike him

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Oh hi tpink, I see you are back with a clever side comment that does not have any alignment calls. You never told us what you think about AA, is he scum or not?

Fair enough. I'm going to re-read AA's posts again before responding to your question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

Residuals from the baby back bitch stuff and probably reading sarcasm in your posts where it's not.

I'm sorry man. I'm not trying to be a bitch to you. I think you're alright, also I'm in much better spirits today. So hopefully we can bury the hatchet.

• Locked thread