Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I normally don't have bitch fits. Jake got under my skin. I don't know why it set me off, but it did. I apologize for making the game uncomfortable for anyone, it's not me to blow my cool, especially on an internet party game. It just kind of happened and it's embarrassing. I hope we can move past it. <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I normally don't have bitch fits. Jake got under my skin. I don't know why it set me off, but it did. I apologize for making the game uncomfortable for anyone, it's not me to blow my cool, especially on an internet party game. It just kind of happened and it's embarrassing. I hope we can move past it. <3

AA tell me about tpink I don't like him

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

AA tell me about tpink I don't like him

Everything that I've read in his post history seems genuine, and town-oriented. Seems like he's trying to puzzle out the game as a townie. He asks good questions about the LR, tries to avoid too much setup spec, and has put forth some opinions albeit not fully developed, or relying on implied knowledge/mutual feelings about targets.

Eg. Agreeing with jake, the biz on MG3.

I think he's town though.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I think AA is probably town. The hissy fit yesterday from almost no pressure was very weird and I got close to voting for him based on that (particularly after all the "VOTE FOR HIM AND GET ME OUT OF THIS HELL" posts) but then AA kind of acknowledged he was throwing a fit for no good reason and came back normal, so I gave him a pass. Could be scum trying to play off getting too defensive for no good reason but eh, not enough for a vote. And I don't see much else today that would support a case on him either, so..

AA I do have a question for you though -- what game was this?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I wasn't, until Jake started painting me as scum for not being there for the turbo but being there after.

I'm more mad at Jake than town, because Jake made a similar push on me recently and flipped town and I was also town. It was a game scum won. I think it was your game.

Because if this actually happened and you can tell me what game this was, your meltdown yesterday becomes less suspicious.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It was dong's 1 shot cop game I'm pretty sure.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'm less convinced about AA at this point and I like the response from tpink

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I would like to here more hard calls from tpink though. Your post history still reads to me as scum trying to fit in, and the LR question had already been answered by me at that point.

What's your read on me and is there anyone you think is scum?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

I would like to here more hard calls from tpink though. Your post history still reads to me as scum trying to fit in, and the LR question had already been answered by me at that point.

What's your read on me and is there anyone you think is scum?

Hey I'd like some clarity maybe I missed it somewhere but how do we know there is an LR and who they are

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Yeah, the reason I haven't posted any hard calls is because I haven't read anything that pings me hard enough to make a case for anyone at this point. I don't think you're scum because you are very actively participating, making cases, prompting people for reads, getting into it with AA and Kash, etc. - doesn't strike me as scum play. I think The Ninth Layer might be scum based on him going hard after AA yesterday, but a lot of this is just because I now think that AA is town. I think Li Dawny is suspicious - in games where she's scum, she tends to lurk, and she's barely posted anything here. I'm fine voting for her today just a lurker lynch and based on how I've seen her lurk as scum in other games.

That's all the hot reads I got for now.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
wheres asiina herself in all this

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

shes literally made 3 posts

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Asiina is decidedly absent and was not really posting anything game related during the turbo. The meta on her is pretty flawless so ##vote Asiina

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

wait 4, she also voted jimson before posting all these concert band links no one cares about

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

oh wow kashuno happens to have a brilliant insight that i already beat him to too bad he blocked me i guess thats proof he came up w/ it all by himself o w8 yea right what a dumbo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Someone talk to me about JakeP it feels like he isn't mentioned much.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Yeah, I'm fine with a lurker lynch today. I didn't realize Asiina has been MIA too.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'd vote Asii, AA, or AW today.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Redirecting potential kills onto scum is a town use of a Nexus power. It's the worst case scenario ability you could be targeted with, and the biggest way you could swing a game as Nexus is having scum kill themselves.

If you redirected an investigation on scum, then you claim Nexus and say who you redirected to, then either they get lynched or you get lynched and they follow you the next day.

The calculations of all that are different in a heavy redirect game of course.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm on a phone and can't conveniently reread but I'd be happy with a vote on Allen Wren, agree with whoever said his vote on Magnus looked for scum searching for a suspicion rather than a real held suspicion. I also distrust lurkers who make big catch-up posts, it's the way that scum lurk: self-consciously.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Would vote TNL for garbage posts.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

JakeP posted:

you're an idiot

:jerkbag:

tpink posted:

Yeah, the reason I haven't posted any hard calls is because I haven't read anything that pings me hard enough to make a case for anyone at this point. I don't think you're scum because you are very actively participating, making cases, prompting people for reads, getting into it with AA and Kash, etc. - doesn't strike me as scum play. I think The Ninth Layer might be scum based on him going hard after AA yesterday, but a lot of this is just because I now think that AA is town. I think Li Dawny is suspicious - in games where she's scum, she tends to lurk, and she's barely posted anything here. I'm fine voting for her today just a lurker lynch and based on how I've seen her lurk as scum in other games.

That's all the hot reads I got for now.

I think Li Dawny's wound up being scum in like the last two or three games I've seen/read, but her play seemed different in those than in this one. You might have a better read than I, though. I'd be okay supporting this if we decide to go that direction.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm on a phone and can't conveniently reread but I'd be happy with a vote on Allen Wren, agree with whoever said his vote on Magnus looked for scum searching for a suspicion rather than a real held suspicion. I also distrust lurkers who make big catch-up posts, it's the way that scum lurk: self-consciously.

I would also support this read too, since I don't recall seeing a response yet to my question to AW.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

IllegallySober posted:

:jerkbag:

I think Li Dawny's wound up being scum in like the last two or three games I've seen/read, but her play seemed different in those than in this one. You might have a better read than I, though. I'd be okay supporting this if we decide to go that direction.

this is bad. "Eh I don't have a scum read on her, but sure!!!"

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kashuno posted:

this is bad. "Eh I don't have a scum read on her, but sure!!!"

Same justification I used for the vote on Jimson. Gonna tell me everyone had a scum read on him with zero posts?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Would vote TNL for garbage posts.

No u

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

IllegallySober posted:

Same justification I used for the vote on Jimson. Gonna tell me everyone had a scum read on him with zero posts?

We had no content to go on during the Jimson turbo. We have content to work with now.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kashuno posted:

We had no content to go on during the Jimson turbo. We have content to work with now.

hmmm yes let's look at li dawny's content this game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

IllegallySober posted:

hmmm yes let's look at li dawny's content this game

You clearly have enough content to judge her posting to be different this game so..?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

The point I was making was that her lack of content, according to tpink, reads scummy. I'm fine with that opinion if he knows her better than I.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kashuno posted:

You clearly have enough content to judge her posting to be different this game so..?

Jesus, okay, I'll highlight it for you:

tpink posted:

I think Li Dawny is suspicious - in games where she's scum, she tends to lurk, and she's barely posted anything here.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

IllegallySober posted:

I think Li Dawny's wound up being scum in like the last two or three games I've seen/read, but her play seemed different in those than in this one.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kashuno posted:

Hey I'd like some clarity maybe I missed it somewhere but how do we know there is an LR and who they are

I'm a watcher and I saw everyone except AA visit someone. I chose AW as my target since he started the turbo but I don't know if its him or not since I was redirected to the LR. I suppose its possible that literally everyone chose AW but seems unlikely.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I'm a watcher and I saw everyone except AA visit someone. I chose AW as my target since he started the turbo but I don't know if its him or not since I was redirected to the LR. I suppose its possible that literally everyone chose AW but seems unlikely.

Fair enough thanks

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Perhaps you should read the next line of my post.

Whatever, I'm done with this slapfight.

My votes today as things stand right now would be AW (if he doesn't come back and answer questions), Li Dawny (lurking), and Kashuno (being deliberately obtuse).

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'd vote IS

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I can verify my action from N1 did not target AW.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

IllegallySober posted:

Perhaps you should read the next line of my post.

Whatever, I'm done with this slapfight.

My votes today as things stand right now would be AW (if he doesn't come back and answer questions), Li Dawny (lurking), and Kashuno (being deliberately obtuse).

Your next line? The one where you basically try and shift blame to someone else? "Oh I think she's not really playing like scum but if you say so!"

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

dongsbot 9000 posted:

oh wow kashuno happens to have a brilliant insight that i already beat him to too bad he blocked me i guess thats proof he came up w/ it all by himself o w8 yea right what a dumbo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

the point of blocking dongsbot was to not read his posts :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

the point of blocking dongsbot was to not read his posts :sun:

That's why I'm quoting them :sun: