Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
NBA Free Agency is starting soon (1st July for teams to talk to players and begin negotiations, 5th July when players can actually sign) and will be p. cool and fun, as we can all remember from the biggest signing of last summer:

WHAT, I HEAR YOU ASK, COULD POSSIBLY MAKE NBA FREE AGENCY EVEN MORE FUN?

How about a cool game where SAS posters guess which players will sign for which teams this summer? No? Well tough because that's what you're getting.

Google form is here: http://goo.gl/forms/7b4hpR9VmAxIZtA43

e: ENTRIES ARE CLOSED. CLICK HERE FOR SPREADSHEET

Click it and predict which players will sign where.

The 25 players are just taken from the list of top free agents as per Hoopshype, but I removed LeBron, Duncan and Wade who are all going to resign their current teams so would be pointless including them (or will make me look very stupid if they don't).

Scoring:

- 1 point for successfully predicting a player to resign with his current team
- 2 points for successfully predicting a player signing with a new team
- 5 points for your wildcard pick - pick a player not listed to sign for a new team correctly

The scoring is as so in order to prevent someone just predicting every player to resign with their old team and then win with like 12 points in a very boring way, and to reward people more for making good guesses.

The entry form will close on July 1st and afterwards I'll post up a spreadsheet with all your collated guesses in and a running scorecard as players sign.

I will also send a prize to the winner! But it will be something NBA related yet bad and silly that I can find on Amazon or eBay, so don't get your hopes up.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Nice! Done.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Can't wait to be horribly wrong on everyone. Except my wild card, that's definitely happening.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
As someone who traditionally comes in last place in most SAS games, I think this will continue.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Lurker gonna play this game and look like a complete idiot.

I just want the Trail Blazers to get a center :ohdear:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sure, why not

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
In it, to win not finish last it

LOOK I AM A TURTLE
May 22, 2003

"I'm actually a tortoise."
Grimey Drawer
Nice. I probably should've waited until closer to July 1st but I threw caution to the wind and already submitted my answers. I'll be happy if I get a single player move right.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
As long as my first prediction is right I don't care about the rest

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Metapod posted:

As long as my first prediction is right I don't care about the rest

So you think Durant is going to the Spurs too? :respek:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Mike 👏 Conley 👏 is 👏 coming 👏 back 👏 to 👏 Memphis 👏

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

I'm sure I'm 100% right.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

16 entries so far, keep 'em coming.

There is a lot of consensus on five or six players, but several where everyone is all over the map. So plenty of opportunity for us all to look stupid.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Joined. It was a lot harder than I anticipated it being. I expect a 25% success rate.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

tanglewood1420 posted:

Scoring:

- 1 point for successfully predicting a player to resign with his current team
- 2 points for successfully predicting a player signing with a new team
- 5 points for your wildcard pick - pick a player not listed to sign for a new team correctly

why do we lose points for getting stuff right :( freakin' golf scoring over here

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
just remember everyone--I'm the guy who called Chandler Parsons-->Lakers in a stunning move for both sides.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
If I'm right about my guesses, then I think the Raptors will be way over the 15 player max next season...

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The B_36 posted:

If I'm right about my guesses, then I think the Raptors will be way over the 15 player max next season...

They get 15 metric players which is like 17.5 in American.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I completely forgot Portland will have a ton of space and is good and had to change like 10 spots.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/video/mikeconley-our-conductor-160627

go ahead and update your answers accordingly

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

33 entries so far, but the following entrants did not list their wildcard guess, so just checking to see if they wish to make one:

Bennie
zapplez
Carlsoslogist
Jack's Flow

Post your guess in the thread if you want or PM me if you are worried about others stealing your genius.

Also, Paul Zuvella just entered 'Dwyane Wade' which, unless I take it as you think he is going to set up his own franchise and sign himself, doesn't really make sense and Blind Pineapple listed Shaun Livingston to the Lakers as his guess when he isn't a free agent this summer. So both you guys can get a do over too if you want.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I can confidently predict that I will get all of these wrong, because I am Predicto and I know these things

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

tanglewood1420 posted:

Blind Pineapple listed Shaun Livingston to the Lakers as his guess when he isn't a free agent this summer. So both you guys can get a do over too if you want.

Ah, poo poo, I read that free agency list wrong. Um... Change it to Speights to the Lakers. Someone's gonna follow Luke.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tanglewood1420 posted:

33 entries so far, but the following entrants did not list their wildcard guess, so just checking to see if they wish to make one:

Bennie
zapplez
Carlsoslogist
Jack's Flow

Post your guess in the thread if you want or PM me if you are worried about others stealing your genius.

Also, Paul Zuvella just entered 'Dwyane Wade' which, unless I take it as you think he is going to set up his own franchise and sign himself, doesn't really make sense and Blind Pineapple listed Shaun Livingston to the Lakers as his guess when he isn't a free agent this summer. So both you guys can get a do over too if you want.

Please add Kobe un-retiring and signing with the Knicks

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
No wildcard here. Many of my picks felt wildcard-ish enough for me. I will finish this game in last place, I can feel it.

edit:

gently caress it. Wildcard:

Brooklyn signs :toot: Ben Gordon :toot:

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Made a submission. Maybe I'll have one correct prediction... if I'm lucky.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Just filled in my guesses. Should be fun!

Also, I thought it was funny that you took out Duncan, Wade and LeBron because they'd never leave their teams but left in Dirk.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

Just filled in my guesses. Should be fun!

Also, I thought it was funny that you took out Duncan, Wade and LeBron because they'd never leave their teams but left in Dirk.

When I made the questions a last week Lebron had already confirmed he was going back to Cleveland, there was some chatter about Dirk possibly moving on and none of the "Wade is considering his options" talk had surfaced yet. Also :lol: if you think Duncan is playing for anyone else.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

In - Whiteside and Parsons to Portland, getting on that train now.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

tanglewood1420 posted:

When I made the questions a last week Lebron had already confirmed he was going back to Cleveland, there was some chatter about Dirk possibly moving on and none of the "Wade is considering his options" talk had surfaced yet. Also :lol: if you think Duncan is playing for anyone else.

Yeah I'd put money on all 4 of those guys not moving. The only thing in question is whether Duncan retires or not but signs point to at least one more year right now.

Dr. Shithead
Jun 27, 2008

You got your rhythm goin' now?
Started out feeling pretty good about where everyone was going, then realized I had no loving idea what I was doing. That being said, you can play this when it turns out I won because I totally knew the entire time...

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dr. Shithead posted:

Started out feeling pretty good about where everyone was going, then realized I had no loving idea what I was doing. That being said, you can play this when it turns out I won because I totally knew the entire time...

Lol

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Ugh put mine in early and now my Parsons opinion has changed. Oh well. My educated guess now will be just as wrong.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
Doing this I realized how many people I think will stay...this'll be fun though!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Next year you should get a multiplier for filling out your form early.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

can I change my prediction for Whiteside to Dallas

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Lockback posted:

Next year you should get a multiplier for filling out your form early.

Yeah perhaps, or just bask in the glory of getting what you did get correct even before Woj started leaking poo poo.

Speaking of which, closing entries in 15 minutes because lotsa stuff is coming out on twitter now.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Lmao definitely coming in dead last

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Entries closed.

43 brave entrants and their predictions are on the spreadsheet here.

Two people each guessed Dion Waiters to the Sixers, Delly to the Pistons and Delly to the Bucks as their wildacard.
More than half of people predict Joakim Noah to sign with the Knicks, not a single person said he'll stay in Chicago.
No-one has a clue where Kent Bazemore is going with only 10/43 thinking he'll stay with Atlanta and 18 different teams named as potential destinations.
Evan Turner also had 19 teams named, the most of any player.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

tanglewood1420 posted:

Entries closed.

43 brave entrants and their predictions are on the spreadsheet here.

lmao at the B_36

• Locked thread