Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I'm just imagining Robin trying to explain, with colourful graphics, the "implication"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

Cobalt Zeroni posted:

A TTG-brand Pokemon-like game for phones and whatnot just came out, courtesy of the devs of the Steven Universe RPG. Still just getting into it at the moment, but the battle system seems pretty interesting.

This is quite the fun game. Beating everyone up with a team of three different forms of Raven is surprisingly fun.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
One minute in to this crossover and Teen Titans Go has already nailed Mojo Jojo far better than the reboot series has done.

kefkafloyd fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 30, 2016

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
give the PPG reboot over to the TTG staff please CN tia

I don't even hate the reboot but that was a far better and more accurate version if it and they perfectly meshed it with TTG

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's gonna be a five night event where the Titans are stranded on an island.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Waffleman_ posted:

There's gonna be a five night event where the Titans are stranded on an island parody Gilligan's Island.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HELP!

MONKEY!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

PS, we're at the zoo

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
"He's not telling me what I should do, he's telling me what I am doing!"

Disneyphilip
Jul 3, 2016
Hello. I'm new to this forum and I agree with pretty much every post in this thread the Teen Titans Go does not deserve the irrational hatred it gets from crybaby fanboys.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Disneyphilip posted:

Hello. I'm new to this forum and I agree with pretty much every post in this thread the Teen Titans Go does not deserve the irrational hatred it gets from crybaby fanboys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKfD8d3XJok

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Does anyone know if the period PPG episode is available streaming anywhere? Xfinity had other recent episodes but apparently the crossover had a different name...?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Zerilan posted:

Just saw the 80s music video episode for the first time and it was amazing :allears:

When I look at youuuu

I see the story in your eyesssss

When we're dancing...

The night begins to shiiiine

Disneyphilip
Jul 3, 2016

Shitenshi posted:

I just watched Enter for the first time since I had to see if he was as bad as you guys said.

Jesus, just the sound of his voice is pissing me off.

I fully agree.

And here's a few others who are just as bad, including Joey T. Cartoon Palooza:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LvccDMWwH2c

And PIEGUYRULZ:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k8yZCm_-a0g

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSdmS8v_D8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aN2a3hiys_Y

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rNMywoBn9co

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skychrono posted:

Does anyone know if the period PPG episode is available streaming anywhere? Xfinity had other recent episodes but apparently the crossover had a different name...?

If you have a cable subscription, it's on CN's website. If not, well then the episode name is TTG vs. PPG, and I think telling you anything more would be :filez:

Disneyphilip
Jul 3, 2016

And another one, RebelTaxi:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ge6PK_WVAIM

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

TwoPair posted:

If you have a cable subscription, it's on CN's website. If not, well then the episode name is TTG vs. PPG, and I think telling you anything more would be :filez:

Cool, it's on their site. Thanks!

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Just as I thought, the titans completely drove the episode while the girls just reacted to them and called them stupid.

I'm surprised people aren't throwing bigger fits about the PPG reboot given how crappy it's been so far. Guess the original show wasn't super, super important to everyone's childhoods or whatever.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I have not seen reactions to the PPG reboot besides fits.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah people seem to hate the reboot but it's not as tonally different as TTG so people aren't bitching as loudly. I don't think the reboot is that bad but it's still annoyingly mediocre.

Disneyphilip
Jul 3, 2016
If anyone has seen the videos I linked to in my previous posts, please let me know. I'd love for someone to join me in laughing in their faces for being the whiny manchildren that they are and calling them out on not understanding the show, its jokes, etc.😃

It's painfully obvious that Mr. Enter and his colleagues can dish it out but can't take it. 😄

Disneyphilip fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 4, 2016

Disneyphilip
Jul 3, 2016

axleblaze posted:

Yeah people seem to hate the reboot but it's not as tonally different as TTG so people aren't bitching as loudly. I don't think the reboot is that bad but it's still annoyingly mediocre.

I agree, but people should keep in mind that the PPG reboot is still in its infancy and still has some kinks to work out, like any other TV show when it's brand new.

It can always get better later on once it works out the bugs and finds its groove, like TTG did.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think the idea behind rebooting PPG was that they wanted to do a sort of female empowerment thing with their previously existing IP of female superheroes, which sounds fine in theory, but the problem is they're really bad at it? And then there doesn't seem to be anybody who actually cares about the the core IP for its own sake, so everything is a real awkward fit. They keep trying to do high school-type plots with literal kindergarteners, and they keep dropping the ball and not picking up on all the jokes built into the IP.

I have no idea what sort of tone they're going for, since all of the episodes I've seen are too dumb to be taken seriously, but they're not funny enough to really be comedy. It's confusing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think the idea behind rebooting PPG was that they wanted to do a sort of female empowerment thing with their previously existing IP of female superheroes, which sounds fine in theory, but the problem is they're really bad at it? And then there doesn't seem to be anybody who actually cares about the the core IP for its own sake, so everything is a real awkward fit. They keep trying to do high school-type plots with literal kindergarteners, and they keep dropping the ball and not picking up on all the jokes built into the IP.

I have no idea what sort of tone they're going for, since all of the episodes I've seen are too dumb to be taken seriously, but they're not funny enough to really be comedy. It's confusing.

My main problem with the show is how often they try to tie everything up into the type of lesson that TTG has directly made fun of. The show had its moments but like has been said, it all seems oddly low effort with not much love

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The show has no attitude, if that makes sense.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I have to say I really loved the Tiara Trouble episode of the new puffs. Really felt like the kind of wacky fun the show used to have in its heyday. It's too bad that the writing staff doesn't seem very interested in using the old villains.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So I've been behind the eight ball with TTG but over the past week or so I've gotten all caught up.

This has been a really solid season so far IMO. I especially loved A Cat's Fancy, basically all of the holiday episodes, Pyramid Scheme, and PPG crossover, but every episode had at least one moment where I laughed out loud.

Oh and ofc The Scary Figure Dance was great even if the episode itself was kinda middle of the road.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The should do more episodes like the investing in rental property one.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Re: Hating PPG, it seems people are convinced TTG! is a worse reboot than the new PPG show. That's gotta be some serious denial at work here, but I guess it makes sense when you consider the original Powerpuff show never took itself serious.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
I think the fact that the producers of the new PPG reboot never asked original cast -or even told them they were doing it- is reason enough to dislike it, even without reading more about it. And now having read more about it, I wonder how much of the crossover episode was them ripping on how lame the reboot is.

Cobalt Zeroni
Feb 15, 2015

My Q-Face posted:

I wonder how much of the crossover episode was them ripping on how lame the reboot is.

From what I recall, most of the ripping is directed at the Titans, as per usual. There's not really any reference to the reboot apart from the new voice actors for the girls.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Ups_rail posted:

The should do more episodes like the investing in rental property one.
Pretty sure these episodes were their response to the critics wanting a 'more mature' show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cobalt Zeroni posted:

From what I recall, most of the ripping is directed at the Titans, as per usual. There's not really any reference to the reboot apart from the new voice actors for the girls.

Yeah, the girls are really just kinda there to play straight to the Titans.

Disneyphilip
Jul 3, 2016
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c5x5pnvC9GM

This reviewer created a perfect new hashtag that anyone who hates this great show needs to see:

#GiveTeenTitansGoAChance

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I didn't see any jokes about Raven (and her VA) commenting on how dumb Bubbles' voice is. C-

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
There's gonna be a full-blown Gilligan's Island arc on August?! :aaa:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

There's gonna be a full-blown Gilligan's Island arc on August?! :aaa:

Good.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I give them two episodes before cannibalism becomes an issue.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

ManlyGrunting posted:

I give them two episodes before cannibalism becomes an issue.

Put me down for cannibalism in the first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
TTG is better than new Powerpuff in being the butt of a joke as at least they're doing something in the actual comedy of the situation. I mean its nice that TTG grilled itself to give PPG a boost, but its pretty drat telling that TTG's style and love of details of both shows is what drove the episode. It feels more like a TTG episode than a Powerpuff one, not a weird and fun mixture like Uncle Grandpa meets Steven Universe, straight up TTG schooling PPG while looking like a fool for the audience's enjoyment and that's why I like it.

• Locked thread