Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

dragon enthusiast posted:

I ca'nt wait to have to play through all of story mode to unlock one of the console exclusive characters

Same but unironically(?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

bhsman posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bhsman posted:

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
http://www.mushtato.com.au/qanba-q4-full-sanwa-fight-joystick-for-ps3-xbox360-pc-13.html

Good deal or trap stick? Seems pretty drat good but I can't evaluate. It's basically the same price as the current q4's on eightarc only no shipping cost cause it's already in Australia (and Eightarc don't ship to Australia anyway)

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

teach me melty and uniel

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

General Morden posted:

teach me melty and uniel
which parts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

because if you want like nrvnqsr tips yeah sure but if you want to know how to play white len i aint got poo poo

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Maluco Marinero posted:

http://www.mushtato.com.au/qanba-q4-full-sanwa-fight-joystick-for-ps3-xbox360-pc-13.html

Good deal or trap stick? Seems pretty drat good but I can't evaluate. It's basically the same price as the current q4's on eightarc only no shipping cost cause it's already in Australia (and Eightarc don't ship to Australia anyway)

it's a good stick but I don't know what your made up mad max money is worth sorry

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Mintergalactic posted:

it's a good stick but I don't know what your made up mad max money is worth sorry

That's about equal to what the current qanba q4's are going for retail without any shipping, just making sure that's not some poo poo tier edition or something because the price is ridiculously good considering imports going for 350-450.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Maluco Marinero posted:

That's about equal to what the current qanba q4's are going for retail without any shipping, just making sure that's not some poo poo tier edition or something because the price is ridiculously good considering imports going for 350-450.

It's definitely a good stick, I owned one of those for about 3 years and it never let me down once

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Has there ever been a fighter that communicates frame data into its visual design either as a training mode option or in the actual gameplay? something like block sparks in different colors depending on how punishable or safe a move is?

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Real hurthling! posted:

Has there ever been a fighter that communicates frame data into its visual design either as a training mode option or in the actual gameplay? something like block sparks in different colors depending on how punishable or safe a move is?

Tekken Tag 2 has this, your character turns blue if they are in the middle of a move.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Real hurthling! posted:

Pokken is literally nothing but this.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shiki Dan posted:

Lord Chumley posted:

Tekken Tag 2 has this, your character turns blue if they are in the middle of a move.

Harada :love:

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
The Tekken thing is good, but I would still really like to just have frame data in-game in Tekken 7.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Real hurthling! posted:

SG has a hitstun bar, realtime framedata calculator*, and visual framedata display.

*The NRS framedata readouts in Injustice/MK/etc were read from a database instead of calculated on the fly, so they ended up being outdated once patches hit and not compensating for things like land-cancelling an aerial move, etc.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Shiki Dan posted:

Wait, Pokken shows how punishable things are by color? I know it shows colors based on what move types they are (throws are green, counter attacks are blue) but I'm very sure they don't have any info at all about frame data. That was one of my only complaints about the game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/748775258828578817

Evo numbers. Pretty good all around, SFV pulling ahead by a fuckton being The New Capcom Game and all.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Tekken fans, how do you feel about Pokken pulling twice the number of players compared to T7?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think it's perfectly fine that a game that's available for people to play at home has more entrants than a game that isn't.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Namco and Harada painfully finetune Tekken games for console release, taking their sweet time so we can get an experience comparable to a late-cycle Capcom game: lots of content, all the wrinkles ironed out...and no one playing it at all.

:v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sade posted:

Tekken fans, how do you feel about Pokken pulling twice the number of players compared to T7?

The question should probably be "Pokken fans, how do you feel about your game only having twice as many players as a game that isn't actually out yet?" :v:

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Lemon-Lime posted:

The question should probably be "Pokken fans, how do you feel about your game only having twice as many players as a game that isn't actually out yet?" :v:

Considering that it's still a really decently high number of entrants on it's own, pretty good I guess?

I guess the comparison is weird to me, since Pokken doesn't really feel or seem like Tekken much so I don't really know if there's much player overlap outside of casual buyers.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's true. People do tend to be very uninterested in games that aren't out yet

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Ventana posted:

Considering that it's still a really decently high number of entrants on it's own, pretty good I guess?

I guess the comparison is weird to me, since Pokken doesn't really feel or seem like Tekken much so I don't really know if there's much player overlap outside of casual buyers.
The most overlap seems to be with Smash players, which I guess makes sense since it's a Wii U exclusive game, but it's still weird to me since it's much closer to a traditional fighting game than Smash. It's still weird to me to watch Pokken streams and hear the commentators drop Smash lingo like "friendlies" or whatever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

T7 having more entrants than KI is cool

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ventana posted:

It's a bit of a silly comparison, yeah. I'm glad Pokken has players at all, it'll be nice to see it played at a high level.

I wish they'd just ban Melee and all the Melee players from Evo, though. :v:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

same, the melee matches last year were gently caress awful and I find competitive melee bad in general. do we really need two loving smash bros games? only one was wario so why do we need the other

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's a bit of a silly comparison, yeah. I'm glad Pokken has players at all, it'll be nice to see it played at a high level.

It's dreadful and every year it's on the main stage it gets worse and worse

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

MinibarMatchman posted:

same, the melee matches last year were gently caress awful and I find competitive melee bad in general. do we really need two loving smash bros games? only one was wario so why do we need the other

I agree that smash sucks to watch, but it gets a shitload of entrants and a shitload of viewers. At some point you gotta give the people what they want.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
no you dont

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think actually more people watched 4 over melee last year even though it was on like a Saturday afternoon slot and melee was prime time. Because sane people realize how boring it is

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
p much every game at evo has some crossover appeal for people who dont play them. except smash which is like paint drying and having your nails pulled out and testicular torsion

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

dangerdoom volvo posted:

p much every game at evo has some crossover appeal for people who dont play them. except smash which is like paint drying and having your nails pulled out and testicular torsion

Turns out smash players don't like other games either (this is from CEO Revelator t8)

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
The only Melee I can stand to watch is Hungrybox because of air footsies and he pisses Melee players off so drat much.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Jmcrofts posted:

Turns out smash players don't like other games either (this is from CEO Revelator t8)

I'm way more angry than I should be that these people exist.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
At the last Evo I went to the crowd picked who to cheer for in Melee based on which one would cause the game to be over sooner, which turned out to be way more emotionally involving than any other reason to support a player would be.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

I guess I am just weird. I love melee and fighting games just about equally.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Madmarker posted:

I guess I am just weird. I love melee and fighting games just about equally.

I'm with you bro, I love fighting games, but I've played way more Melee and am way better at it than fighting games, but that doesn't stop me from owning every fighting game I can get my hands on. Also, as much as I love playing melee, it and all Smash games can be a real bore to watch. At least in regular fighting games, when someone's playing a lame style it only lasts 99 seconds at most. In Smash, it feels like playing lame is incentivized more than other games and the individual matches themselves can potentially take multiple minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

smash is a fine game with some nice people in the scene but i would prefer if they didn't get added to big FGC events as there isn't enough time for FGs already at the ones I go to, at locals I think mixing everything is good for everyone though, just bigger events suffer when smash (and tekken in the uk apparently) are involved because they seem to consistently get aggravated about stream time while repeatedly lying about how long their section will take and over filling it with games then not caring about anyone else because the crossover is so small.