Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Strong chance Detroit re-signs Helm before noon.

I like the dude but he's somewhat redundant on this team and I'm terrified he's going to get an Abdelkader-like contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

i am the bird posted:

I like the dude but he's somewhat redundant on this team and I'm terrified he's going to get an Abdelkader-like contract.

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNHL/status/748878527441887233

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
The babby child in me who loves Darren Helm is pretty stoked that he's coming back but 5 years jesus christ Holland

e: he actually turns 30 in January, I thought he was a year or two older than that for some reason, guess it just feels like he's been around a while. But not signing him past 35 actually isn't so bad.

I would like it a lot better if Howard were gone and the Abdelkader and Ericsson contracts didn't exist but c'est le vie

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 1, 2016

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I'm not even going to go into terms but when the hell did Darren Helm become a 4 million dollar player :psyduck:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

i am the bird posted:

Yes

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

welp

i am the bird fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 1, 2016

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The AAV is standard bottom six money on the market, the fifth year kinda sucks and will make him harder to trade later, but that's not an outlandish contract.

e: This is why Matt Cullen isn't coming back to Pittsburgh unless he's willing to take a huge discount to do it, he'll only get a 1 year deal but on the open market, after the year he had in Pittsburgh, he's getting like $3.5M minimum and the Pens don't have the cap space.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Andrew Ladd is likely going to the Islanders per Friedman

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/748881605016498179

Since they didn't get Stamkos, I guess the next best thing is to just pay Radulov the $7.5 mil he wants? :shrug:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Usually, July 1st is an exciting day to see who the CBJ might add. This year, the shiny new toys to think about come in the form of dollars in Cap space. Curious to see where Tyutin might end up at some point as a depth piece. Why hasn't Dalton Prout been bought out yet?

Seeing the Ekblad contract makes Jones really look like a steal at $5.4M.

LeBrun says the Wings are in on Radulov.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm completely guessing but I think the Rangers go after Pirri and Vanek on the cheap and that's about it.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Eric the Mauve posted:

The AAV is standard bottom six money on the market, the fifth year kinda sucks and will make him harder to trade later, but that's not an outlandish contract.

I'm just figuring that he'll be a broken husk of a man by the end of year 3 and they can just LTIR him until year 5.

or maybe he stays healthy and productive and it's a good deal :shopkeeper:

Kilza posted:

Since they didn't get Stamkos, I guess the next best thing is to just pay Radulov the $7.5 mil he wants? :shrug:

Lord give me strength

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 1, 2016

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

e: This is why Matt Cullen isn't coming back to Pittsburgh unless he's willing to take a huge discount to do it, he'll only get a 1 year deal but on the open market, after the year he had in Pittsburgh, he's getting like $3.5M minimum and the Pens don't have the cap space.

He's not going to sign with someone else. He's 40 and he's not going to go uproot his kids again. If he signs with anyone, it will be Pittsburgh.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Eric the Mauve posted:

The AAV is standard bottom six money on the market,

How is above cap average standard for a bottom 6 player?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Kilza posted:

that's ken holland's music

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I always get Ladd and Sutter mixed up for some stupid reason...Ladd to the Islanders isn't bad but kind of a downgrade from Okposo scoring wise at least

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm completely guessing but I think the Rangers go after Pirri and Vanek on the cheap and that's about it.

Isn't Vanek slow as poo poo these days and pretty invisible everywhere except the offensive zone? IIRC his scoring stats are still pretty good

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Aaron Portzline posted:

Told Ottawa could be a landing spot for former #CBJ Jared Boll. #Sens

The missing piece

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Supposedly it's being reported that Radulov is signing with the Habs?

https://twitter.com/travisyost/status/748884952024948736

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Levitate posted:

Yes he should get along famously with Therrien.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Levitate posted:

YES YES YES YES YES

Actually I feel bad for habs fans maybe... lets see the numbers

Ohhh yeah how does Weber feel about Radulov anyway?

Cat4Tumbleweed
Sep 26, 2015
Wasn't Radulov demanding a 7M salary or something? Did that just happen with the Habs?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Levitate posted:

yesyesyes dot gif

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Eric the Mauve posted:

Veskit posted:

How is above cap average standard for a bottom 6 player?

It's not. Bottom six dudes are dime a dozen in this league and Detroit has young grinders pushing for roster spots. Big money contracts can be killers but middle of the road dudes signing $4 million/forever are also major cap problems. They're easily replaced internally, but you can basically never get rid of them unless through a buyout. They also set a dumb precedent that any 'character' dudes on the team are suddenly worth that kind of money. Detroit's riddled with these contracts.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Levitate posted:

Isn't Vanek slow as poo poo these days and pretty invisible everywhere except the offensive zone? IIRC his scoring stats are still pretty good

I think so? They have to go dumpster diving with all their RFAs left to be signed unless someone is getting traded.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

St. Dogbert posted:

Maybe we can move him to some team needing size on the blueline? The name might confuse them.

Dupont in Boston said that Wideman for Jimmy Hayes was a possibility? Despite what I've read about Hayes on here, I'd probably do that.

I'd be ok with Wideman coming back. I always liked him.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

i am the bird posted:

It's not. Bottom six dudes are dime a dozen in this league and Detroit has young grinders pushing for roster spots. Big money contracts can be killers but middle of the road dudes signing $4 million/forever are also major cap problems. They're easily replaced internally, but you can basically never get rid of them unless through a buyout. They also set a dumb precedent that any 'character' dudes on the team are suddenly worth that kind of money. Detroit's riddled with these contracts.

Thought so. Thought my brain went extra crazy but I guess I just listened to erik for no reason.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I dunno even know if that's a legit account but it's the only one I see for Yost who looks like someone who doesn't just make up random poo poo...but I'd maybe wait for more confirmation

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

It does seem weird that Travis Yost is breaking the Radulov news. He's more of an analytics guy than someone who is known for his connections. But he's usually reliable so :shrug:

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Weber and Radulov reunited! http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1190232-nashville-predators-captain-shea-weber-feels-radulov-betrayed-his-team

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I don't even care at this point. This team hot garbage.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
what the gently caress is Montreal doing

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/strombone1/status/748887863895400448

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Mind_Taker posted:

It does seem weird that Travis Yost is breaking the Radulov news. He's more of an analytics guy than someone who is known for his connections. But he's usually reliable so :shrug:

I'd say it feels like a badly-timed joke, but that's exactly what I thought about the Sunnah for Weber trade when it broke.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahaha

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
♫ today is the greaaatest

day ive ever known ♫

whatis fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 1, 2016

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Roberto Luongo is a national treasure.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Radulov is an rear end in a top hat but /shrug he could still be productive.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/Russostrib/status/748889343402446848

Take Marc too pls.

• Locked thread