Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote illegalysober

From when I made my vote on them, what changed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Your Personal Muse posted:

I retracted my case on him (although I am still voting him I realize ##unvote). This is why people don't think you read.

I read your backpedaling post and I also saw that you did not unvote him (until just now). So, you know, reading.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i wonder how many ppl talk about me in their therapy sesses

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i wonder how many ppl talk about me in their therapy sesses

this would imply people care about your existence enough to talk about you :sun:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

From when I made my vote on them, what changed?

I cased IS in the past already

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
kash whats your fav fragrance

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I really like old spice deodorant

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I wear it between my butt cheeks to protect against bad smells

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

It makes wiping with anything other than a wet wipe really hard

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Offer a game opinion please.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, did some reading and I have a moment right now.

I'm leaning ##vote IS for a few reasons. One is that after reading what he's posted he seems to not have any actual opinions about much pertaining to this game. Also, this vote of his on AW is his first vote of the entire game other than the Jimson turbo. I'm not sayin lurking/not voting is scummy in and of itself, but he seems to have plenty to say about things but not enough to glean an actual opinion from him. Also, his whole case on me was 'Tpink thinks she's playing scummy, and I disagree but will totes vote her anyway' followed by not voting me.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

IllegallySober posted:

I mean, okay, random is random, I guess

##vote Jimson

This is IS's vote on Jimson. In a vacuum its fine. But he then proceeds to be ultra self-conscious about it. In fact the thing that keeps setting me off about IS is that he is super self-conscious about people questioning his actions.

IllegallySober posted:

To be honest I was waiting for a PM telling me what the result of my night action was to check this thread and y'all have put up like four pages of posts in the four hours I wasn't checking the thread.

I don't see a real need to turbo two days in a row but since as I recall you're the one who tried to build a case against my vote from yesterday, which I explained even as I was making it, I don't really see why I shouldn't just vote you now and be done with it.

This was in response to a general callout on lurkers by AA and a case that AA had made on his vote that amounted to "LOOK AT THIS VOTE" with no case behind it and subsequently abandoned. Scum generally tend to be paranoid and think that there is alot more heat on them than there is (which I believe I already said in this game). He put that "random is random" thing up there as an explanation? Its a loving turbo on a scum and he is worried about a case that is already old at that point that no one is worried about. It just doesn't seem like a town mentality to be super worried about what people think about his hammering vote on a scum.

IllegallySober posted:

As lovely as I think AA's fit was, Nexus is both a plausible claim in this game and a really unlikely role to lie about having because I'd think a counterclaim would be highly likely.

I'd like to vote him out on principle but I just don't really see it.

This was the general attitude he had toward AA. There are very few times if any he talked about AA's play and instead focused on the validity of his claim, even past the point that people cared. He looked at the wiki that said Nexus is town and stuck with that. Its hard when scum have to case someone's gameplay, so if they can hide behind analyzing claims or mechanics, thats so much easier for them.

IllegallySober posted:

I think Li Dawny's wound up being scum in like the last two or three games I've seen/read, but her play seemed different in those than in this one. You might have a better read than I, though. I'd be okay supporting this if we decide to go that direction.

IllegallySober posted:

The point I was making was that her lack of content, according to tpink, reads scummy. I'm fine with that opinion if he knows her better than I.

Here IS is putting the burden of a case on someone else. While I will admit that sometimes I trust other people's opinion more than mine when it comes to meta, that is when I literally never played with that person as that particular alignment. It seems weird that someone has a different opinion as him about a scum meta when IS admits that he had played with LD when LD was scum and he goes with that person instead of his opinion. Seems like an easy way for scum to lynch someone without taking the blame.

IS did not vote LD, which couple with the above paragraph, suggests that IS was waiting for someone else to start the vote train on LD so IS could have a guilt free lynch that he could pin on someone else.

IllegallySober posted:

Actually, if we're being technical, I'm pretty sure the hammering vote was mine, and we already went over my logic for that.

This was in response to my musings (GET IT?!??!?!) over AsiinaRarity's push of Jimson's lynch. Just shows the paranoia of IS. I never questioned his logic nor did I care. But he assumed I cared because he wants to make sure there is nothing that I could perceive as scummy, which comes from a scum mindset because only they would assume that everything they do could be considered scummy.

The AW vote is an easy, safe, lurker vote

TL;DR: IS is scum because he is super self-conscious.

##vote IS

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
ive barely paid attention to IS this game but on a reread they're pinging all over my scumdar

the self awareness and excuses, the contentless posting disguised as reads, the hedging, it's bad

##vote IS

have you ever been scum before sober?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Absurd Revolver posted:

ive barely paid attention to IS this game but on a reread they're pinging all over my scumdar

the self awareness and excuses, the contentless posting disguised as reads, the hedging, it's bad

##vote IS

have you ever been scum before sober?

I believe he said in one of his posts "never having been scum before" which could be read as a slip but slips are dumb and I don't pay attention to it

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
YPM did you see TPink during your watch night 1?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
inb4 tpink comes in with a weird side comment without offering any opinions

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

YPM did you see TPink during your watch night 1?

I saw everyone but AA visit whoever I watched.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like if you saw literally everyone but AA that is weird, especially considering that Tpinks claim wouldn't have him visit anyone

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
It did not list who visited, only that it excluded AA, and did not list who I watched.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

Like if you saw literally everyone but AA that is weird, especially considering that Tpinks claim wouldn't have him visit anyone

It did not list tpinks specifically, just everyone but AA. I assume I was redirected to tpink just like everyone

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

It did not list who visited, only that it excluded AA, and did not list who I watched.

If Tpink was the lightning rod it doesn't make sense that Tpink would have visited himself since he would have not had a visiting role, it would mean AA forced everyone to visit him, or someone else forced everyone to visit AA

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

If Tpink was the lightning rod it doesn't make sense that Tpink would have visited himself since he would have not had a visiting role, it would mean AA forced everyone to visit him, or someone else forced everyone to visit AA

But it didn't list everyone individually. Like it didn't say "JakeP, tpink, Kash, etc visited him". I am trying to not quote exactly but it was a list that excluded rather than included

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
And dong brought up good points about AAs claim. AAs claim if true is just a super weak version of everyone elses role. Like a vanilla redirector could just redirect themself to another player every night, a 1 shot nexus doesn't really make sense

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

But it didn't list everyone individually. Like it didn't say "JakeP, tpink, Kash, etc visited him". I am trying to not quote exactly but it was a list that excluded rather than included

doesn't make any difference

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

doesn't make any difference

It does, because it doesn't mean I saw tpink visit himself.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think Jake is onto something here.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Why wasn't tpink excluded from your list?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kashuno posted:

Why wasn't tpink excluded from your list?

Probably because CPig wanted to keep it vague who I was watching because it was a redirect. If what AA is saying is true, then the person I watched also visited themselves if we are going by Jake's logic

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

If tpink is a lightning rod he wouldnt have visited anyone

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
including himself

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like if the lightning rod was forced to visit himself so would AA

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

If tpink is a lightning rod he wouldnt have visited anyone
Right and the way the PM was written it leads me to believe that I was redirected to tpink and saw everyone but AA visit him

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Right and the way the PM was written it leads me to believe that I was redirected to tpink and saw everyone but AA visit him

Why would Tpink visit himself but AA wouldnt?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like if a watcher targets a player and no one targets that player, you don't get that player as your result, you would get "no one visited that player"

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

Why would Tpink visit himself but AA wouldnt?

I'm saying that there was no one specifically named except AA. Like there wasn't an individual list of people who visited this person, it was a sentence that said everyone but AA visited him

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

Like if a watcher targets a player and no one targets that player, you don't get that player as your result, you would get "no one visited that player"

Right and in this case the result was everyone but AA

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I'm saying that there was no one specifically named except AA. Like there wasn't an individual list of people who visited this person, it was a sentence that said everyone but AA visited him

How are you not getting this?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

How are you not getting this?

How are you not?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Right and in this case the result was everyone but AA

That includes tpink, why would tpink visit himself if he doesnt have a targetting night action, yet AA did not?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

That includes tpink, why would tpink visit himself if he doesnt have a targetting night action, yet AA did not?

I assumed it was implied that the person I watched did not visit themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I assumed it was implied that the person I watched did not visit themselves

It wasn't. Cpig sent you a list of who didn't visit them and Tpink wasn't on it

• Locked thread