Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

which battle bots are the best to root for?

bronco, minotaur, the dumbass ladybug one, disk-o-inferno, captain shrederator, complete control, son of whyachi, witch doctor (not), OBWALDEN OVERLORD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

which battle bots are the best to root for?

complete control, witch doctor, ghost raptor (not the best bot but the driver is really smart and knows how to adapt and he pisses people off), stinger

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
bronco puts out reallly good matches but is not a true underdog please cheer for underdogs

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
nah cheer for overdogs like minotauro

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
minotaur is probably going to win yeah

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey guys please check out my uncle buck .mafia game

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3781372

one spot left (maybe two because one of the signups was tentative)

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

dongsbot 9000 posted:

ur not allowed to have a robot w/o a primary weapon now

my primary weapon is simple machines

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

PBS Newshour posted:

ghost raptor (not the best bot but the driver is really smart and knows how to adapt and he pisses people off)

Tell me more, what has the driver done that is good/ pissed people off?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I need a replacement for pinball mafia

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Tell me more, what has the driver done that is good/ pissed people off?

last season his bot's weapon broke so he just had to keep on adapting the bot in each match.

Look at his fight with ice wave, who was one of the favorites to win last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fKJ1IZtIVg

He pisses people off because he is arrogant and smug, but that is more camera presence than a lot of people on he show.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
A lot of the reasons why people seem to hate Ghost Raptor came from their first match with complete control it seems, but they actually didn't want CC disqualified and were the ones asking for a rematch when the judges where considering disqualification.

Also Chuck does look like this when fighting

Basically he is playing a villain character and people really do get pissed off at him lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Really he should ditch he spinner, he doesn't really seem comfortable with them.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

PBS Newshour posted:

A lot of the reasons why people seem to hate Ghost Raptor came from their first match with complete control it seems, but they actually didn't want CC disqualified and were the ones asking for a rematch when the judges where considering disqualification.

was that the one where it had the wrapped present that was just a net?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
How bad would a no holds barred mafia be where none of the standard mafia rules apply

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Your Personal Muse posted:

How bad would a no holds barred mafia be where none of the standard mafia rules apply

it would be full of fun toxes, eddited posts out the wazoo, and players talking out of thread and sharing their role pms with each other

assuming the scum get good fake claims, it would be great!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

it would be full of fun toxes, eddited posts out the wazoo, and players talking out of thread and sharing their role pms with each other

assuming the scum get good fake claims, it would be great!

Jake do you want to mod this with me

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jake do you want to mod this with me

sure, can't imagine there will be much to moderate being that there are no rules!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Just be willing to have the game broken fast cause that's what happened with Byers CYOS game when all the rules vanished

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Wait, isn't that Popcon?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Li Dawny posted:

Wait, isn't that Popcon?

There will still be scum and stuff but none of the "Standard Mafia Rules" from the wiki will apply.

Now I just have to find out how to balance a game

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

There will still be scum and stuff but none of the "Standard Mafia Rules" from the wiki will apply.

Now I just have to find out how to balance a game

Just roll up a C9++ until you get one you like, that's what I do most of the time.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Just be willing to have the game broken fast cause that's what happened with Byers CYOS game when all the rules vanished

Yeah it sounds hilarious in concept but is grossly unfun and irritating in practice.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I think you just have to figure out all the ways the game can be broken and fix them

like obviously if the town can just post their PMs in thread, you have to give the scum elaborate fake PMs rather than just a simple fake claim

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
even to the point of sending the fake PM in a seperate message so they could screenshot it from their inbox or something i dunno

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
These kinds of ideas are why jakep and ypm need to run that together so I can play it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
the game is easily broken by doing this

"anyone who doesn't :toxx: themselves as town is scum"

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kashuno posted:

I hope this happens

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I hope this happens

same

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
uncle buck looking for more

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also can someone help me look over my unclebuck setup

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

That's the easiest scum win ever. Get banned to win a Mafia game? Where do I sign up

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

MG3 posted:

That's the easiest scum win ever. Get banned to win a Mafia game? Where do I sign up

Not everyone likes to get banned as often as you

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JakeP posted:

was that the one where it had the wrapped present that was just a net?

yes, i love tihs show

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

Not everyone likes to get banned as often as you

Only if it's funny

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

PBS Newshour posted:

complete control, witch doctor, ghost raptor (not the best bot but the driver is really smart and knows how to adapt and he pisses people off), stinger

dongsbot 9000 posted:

bronco, minotaur, the dumbass ladybug one, disk-o-inferno, captain shrederator, complete control, son of whyachi, witch doctor (not), OBWALDEN OVERLORD

I've taken these into consideration and have chosen to root for

Complete Control
Hypershock
Beta
Lucky
Brutus
Yeti
Lockjaw

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
http://www.battlebots.com/bracket-s2/ here is the bracket, its going to be interesting

oh i also like bite force tho its not one of my favorites. it was neat seeing it win last year.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
God drat, complete control is hosed, it will probably beat warhead but then it has to fight Minotaur

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

It's me, I'm the strongest battlebot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

PBS Newshour posted:

God drat, complete control is hosed, it will probably beat warhead but then it has to fight Minotaur

Call me crazy but I think it has a shot if it can lift Minotaur up, getting in from the side or maybe even sneaking the grabber around the drum. CC is also really well armoured and sometimes big hitters like Minotaur are mosre easily defeated by defense than offense.

Have a pretty good feeling CC isn't going too deep into the tournament though, its fighting style doesn't really make any match safe.