Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

ypm claimed he watched AW

ok but not everyone but you targetted AW, they targetted the LR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Your Personal Muse posted:

I didn't think about the ninja thing, it could be that AA was blocked by a doc

well someone obviously submitted a kill that was blocked by a doc, how is that even a question

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

Also I guess if someone forced the LR to activate it would have had to be AA, because if anyone else did it their action would have triggered before the LR, so that palyer would not have been tracked to the LR

How could I. My role as explained only redirects actions targetting me to another player. My player choice was asiina, so like I said. There's a lie in YPM or tpinks claim.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

How could I. My role as explained only redirects actions targetting me to another player. My player choice was asiina, so like I said. There's a lie in YPM or tpinks claim.

well in this situation you are a liar

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

ok but not everyone but you targetted AW, they targetted the LR

So his target was switched from AW to tpink, tpink claims his role was forced to activate.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Frankly i find it weird that the LR wouldn't use his power night 1 voluntarily

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
So in your mind, Jake, because the person who forced Tpink to use his power had to necessarily go before me in order for me to visit the LR, they wouldn't show up in my watch?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

So in your mind, Jake, because the person who forced Tpink to use his power had to necessarily go before me in order for me to visit the LR, they wouldn't show up in my watch?

No I guess they would, because they still would have targetted that player to force their action

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Did AA ever flavor claim?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

No I guess they would, because they still would have targetted that player to force their action

That's why I don't think AA is necessarily the one who forced the LR. The other thing is that nexus does seem like the perfect claim for a ninja in this situation, but the timing of the claim makes me doubt that.

Also I post way too much looking at my post count its sad and I should feel bad

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I am the chute, I don't know how flavor helps here though.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I absolutely couldn't force LR to trigger. I don't even see how that's remotely possible given my role which has been explained in full.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I hate setup spec urgh.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Jake how do you feel about IS?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I absolutely couldn't force LR to trigger. I don't even see how that's remotely possible given my role which has been explained in full.

Because not everyone believes your claim

Kashuno posted:

I hate setup spec urgh.

same

Kashuno posted:

Jake how do you feel about IS?

Suspect

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Let's murder IS

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone else want to claim a role that doesn't target a player? It would help to confirm AA as a liar who is a ninja if so.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Remember when I made that case with quotes and stuff people should blindly follow that

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Or you are thinking too hard and it was implied that the person I watched did not visit themselves

Ask CPig for the full list of people you saw visit your target.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

The Ninth Layer posted:

Ask CPig for the full list of people you saw visit your target.

I asked and he reiterated that I did not see my target visit anyone, and that everyone but AA visited him

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That's impossible unless you were watching AA.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

Does anyone else want to claim a role that doesn't target a player? It would help to confirm AA as a liar who is a ninja if so.

Give me the benefit of the doubt for a moment here.

Assuming I am telling a lie about my role, that still wouldn't explain how tpink's ability was forced to be triggered.

Now I have a question for you, how would someone else claiming a role that doesn't target a player confirm me as a lying Ninja? Or do you mean, not claiming a role that doesn't target a player would confirm me as a lying Ninja?

In either case, that reasoning is pure conjecture based on YPM's result PM.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

That's impossible unless you were watching AA.

that was what I was thinking :/

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Give me the benefit of the doubt for a moment here.

Assuming I am telling a lie about my role, that still wouldn't explain how tpink's ability was forced to be triggered.

Now I have a question for you, how would someone else claiming a role that doesn't target a player confirm me as a lying Ninja? Or do you mean, not claiming a role that doesn't target a player would confirm me as a lying Ninja?

In either case, that reasoning is pure conjecture based on YPM's result PM.

Because if someone else with an non-targetting role was forced to visit the LR and you werent it confirms that your nexus claim does not excuse you from not visiting the LR, and that you are actually untrackableunwatchable

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I feel like AA will be a question forever

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

Because if someone else with an non-targetting role was forced to visit the LR and you werent it confirms that your nexus claim does not excuse you from not visiting the LR, and that you are actually untrackableunwatchable

Ah, I get what you're saying now.

That's a solid line of thought, but it is wrong.

In any case there is still something screwy with YPMs result, because the LR wouldn't have targeted themselves like you're saying.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'd suggest asking CPig a third time. Mechanics-wise trackers and watchers see the same thing, trackers on the back end and watchers on the front end. There's no good reason why a tracker would see a player do nothing but a watcher would see them target themselves.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

In any case there is still something screwy with YPMs result, because the LR wouldn't have targeted themselves like you're saying.

Ya thats my big hangun

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
CPIG just clarified because he thinks we are all morons, my target visited no one and was visited by everyone but tpink and AA

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CPIG just clarified because he thinks we are all morons, my target visited no one and was visited by everyone but tpink and AA

now we're cooking with gas

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and i think you are a moron cpig

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sorry CPig, but when you say "everyone but AA" visited a target, your watcher is going to assume literally every other player but AA visited them, especially when they don't know who they are watching.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That pretty much clears up what happened last night. There's still always the possibility that AA's "nexus" is really an untrackable or something and simply wasn't seen targeting tpink like everyone else, for now I like AA for town and think the nexus claim makes sense for a game like this (plus he can't claim it again).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
cpig is in the pocket of Big Pinball

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Let's murder IS

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I am bad at having time to play (basically because of my schedule I can only read/post for a few minutes in the afternoon and then in the late late night when no one else is around, because I sleep in the day and work in the evening) and I have asked for a replacement. However, the replacement is not going to have my knowledge of what I did night one because they won't have my PMs.

And YPM's testimony here is useless, if not lies because of the nature of the game. He thinks he was looking at me. He was not looking at me.

I am a flipper, a basic redirector. I redirect one player's action to another. I redirected RF at Asiina last night because they were the first two names to pop into my head.

And now I have to go to work. Bleah.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

spoiler alert fam the person subbing out is probably AW

Allen Wren posted:

I have asked for a replacement.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Allen Wren posted:

I am bad at having time to play (basically because of my schedule I can only read/post for a few minutes in the afternoon and then in the late late night when no one else is around, because I sleep in the day and work in the evening) and I have asked for a replacement. However, the replacement is not going to have my knowledge of what I did night one because they won't have my PMs.

And YPM's testimony here is useless, if not lies because of the nature of the game. He thinks he was looking at me. He was not looking at me.

I am a flipper, a basic redirector. I redirect one player's action to another. I redirected RF at Asiina last night because they were the first two names to pop into my head.

And now I have to go to work. Bleah.

He knows he wasn't watching you, you were his original target, and obviously a Lightining Rod was in play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Back to the voting.

My pick for scum is probably Allen Wren. His last post in the game has been two days ago and it was a Scum 101 catch-up post, with a fair amount of content to make it seem like Wren has opinions and is following the game. No posts since then, though he has made a few in other SA threads. I think he's scum lying low and waiting for a better time to enter the thread again, preferably a time where he won't become the center of attention 5 hours before a deadline.

##vote Allen Wren

• Locked thread