Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Welp I should have previewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I like how AW's reveal of "He thinks he was looking at me...he was not" was supposed to be this grand reveal

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

I am bad at having time to play (basically because of my schedule I can only read/post for a few minutes in the afternoon and then in the late late night when no one else is around, because I sleep in the day and work in the evening) and I have asked for a replacement. However, the replacement is not going to have my knowledge of what I did night one because they won't have my PMs.

Have you been replaced before? Any moderator worth their salt will tell you what your predecessor did at night.

quote:

And YPM's testimony here is useless, if not lies because of the nature of the game. He thinks he was looking at me. He was not looking at me.

I am a flipper, a basic redirector. I redirect one player's action to another. I redirected RF at Asiina last night because they were the first two names to pop into my head.

And now I have to go to work. Bleah.

Have you been reading the game at all?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ya based on that last post I have a feeling AW is town, even though it basically says nothing

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

JakeP posted:

ya based on that last post I have a feeling AW is town, even though it basically says nothing

It says they're a power role.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Li Dawny posted:

It says they're a power role.

everyone is a PR in this game

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
If you missed that from the OP you would know from the fact that everyone visited tpink (except that dirty commie AA)

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Probably everyone has some kid of role.

Anyway, Allen Wren was reading the thread close enough to respond to YPM targeting him but not closely enough to see like three very important claim discussions. Reads to me like scum scanning the thread for his own name.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Your Personal Muse posted:

If you missed that from the OP you would know from the fact that everyone visited tpink (except that dirty commie AA)

saying nothing new isn't the same as saying nothing. (I'm so sorry, I'm exhausted and feel like a dunce for saying that)

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Someone feel free to sell me on an IllegallySober case. His play has looked fine to me, I haven't thought him scummy.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

The Ninth Layer posted:

Someone feel free to sell me on an IllegallySober case. His play has looked fine to me, I haven't thought him scummy.

Just look at mine

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Give me the cliffs notes.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

The Ninth Layer posted:

Give me the cliffs notes.

Super self conscious about cases that don't exist, mechanics discussion to avoid casing on gameplay, trying to prod someone else to start a lynch on LD, super safe vote on AW

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think all those points are reaching, nothing there is beyond how a town player would post.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm enjoying our national holiday so I'm not going to read the whole 5 pages here, but just blue sky thinking what if the lightning rod isn't someone's direct role. What if A can make B a lightning rod, or something like that? I feel like that makes more sense with YPM's result

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm enjoying our national holiday so I'm not going to read the whole 5 pages here, but just blue sky thinking what if the lightning rod isn't someone's direct role. What if A can make B a lightning rod, or something like that? I feel like that makes more sense with YPM's result

The flavor basically states outright that the pinball hit the lightning switch or whatever. Makes sense in a game with so many redirects.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

tpink claimed he was lightning rod and his ability was activated

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Retro Futurist posted:

think claimed this happened.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer posted:

I think all those points are reaching, nothing there is beyond how a town player would post.

I think we found the third scum

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

no u

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote IS im tired from thinking in this game, I think IS is a decent vote, though I am still not convinced AA is town

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't think IS is a scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

bitch you voted YPM like 30 min ago lol

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
You aren't voting anyone now, who do you think is scum if not IS

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Why

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
AA saying that kind of makes me want to switch my vote back to AA. Either he is protecting his scumbuddy or he knows IS is town and wants to be right here for town cred

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I just reread their content and I just don't see it.

I'm getting some work done but I'll try and get a better case up shortly.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
From my memory all of AAs scum picks this game were people who were voting him

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

AA saying that kind of makes me want to switch my vote back to AA. Either he is protecting his scumbuddy or he knows IS is town and wants to be right here for town cred

Well it's neither of those, but I understand your point of view.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

From my memory all of AAs scum picks this game were people who were voting him

Well, YPM came in sniping, Kashuno wasn't voting me, and I thought he was scummy, I don't even think I voted you?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like, if I was just going to omgus vote, it would most certainly, without a shred of doubt, 100% conviction, be you.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Well, YPM came in sniping, Kashuno wasn't voting me, and I thought he was scummy, I don't even think I voted you?

You didn't vote everyone who voted you. When you were asked for reads you limited them to people voting you though, I think you called me and YPM town and 3 others scum. Kash was voting you at some point I am pretty sure

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anyhow, work first, then a case. Shouldn't be long.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Anyhow, work first, then a case. Shouldn't be long.

hope it isn't, deadline is in a couple hours

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

Really, what's the strong element of the case against IllegallySober? I don't think the case is that great, the way you're presenting this post it's like you think IS is a slam dunk case that only scum wouldn't want to be a part of.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

Really, what's the strong element of the case against IllegallySober? I don't think the case is that great, the way you're presenting this post it's like you think IS is a slam dunk case that only scum wouldn't want to be a part of.

Its more that AA is only really voting defensively, and not making scum reads that don't pertain to people who voted for him when he had pressure on him. Now that the pressure is off him hes not really offering any scumhunting of his own, and he is just dismissing the casework of others with 0 explanation.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
AA always plays defensively. I'm going to be driving home for the next eight hours so don't count on me to be here for deadline

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

Its more that AA is only really voting defensively, and not making scum reads that don't pertain to people who voted for him when he had pressure on him. Now that the pressure is off him hes not really offering any scumhunting of his own, and he is just dismissing the casework of others with 0 explanation.

We're approaching the deadline. Anyone not working toward a consensus is doing it wrong. IS is the vote leader, do you expect AA to have nothing to say about him?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

Only this is false.

##vote Kashuno

He didn't want to participate in my lynch, probably for I told you so town credit.

So were they poo poo cases, not entirely. Jakes is circumstantial WIFOM and YPMs relies on implicit knowledge of my PM and how the mod handles redirection as being a targeted "visit" or reflexive.

Neither are good cases, but they aren't terrible.

I think they're both town.

Asiina, Kash, RF maybe not.

His taking no part in this stancr earlier on, seems in the know about my alignment and he could fall back on it later on. A scum down, I imagine they'll be thinking about the longterm now.

RF for thinking a 1 shot if the nexus is suspect as opposed to always redirecting. What sense would it make if I had unlimited redirect. For the record, I don't know if it redirects NK. I assume it does because it does not say it doesn't.

Asiina is a gut feel. Which is also why I redirected to her last night.

I most certainly made attempts at addressing the game, with actual theory on who I thought was scum with reasoning as to why.

Additionally, i've participated honestly and openly in the discussions regarding YPMs night actions.

Also:

quote:

Its more that AA is only really voting defensively, and not making scum reads that don't pertain to people who voted for him

This bit actually doesn't make any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

• Locked thread