Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I just reread their content and I just don't see it.

I'm getting some work done but I'll try and get a better case up shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
That's such a lovely reasoning I skipped over it. Do you feel IS is town?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

That's such a lovely reasoning I skipped over it. Do you feel IS is town?

x infinity

if you think you actually cased IS yourself.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't think he's scum, so yes I think he's town.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

We're approaching the deadline. Anyone not working toward a consensus is doing it wrong. IS is the vote leader, do you expect AA to have nothing to say about him?

no, which is why it is weird that he had nothing to say about him

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I don't think he's scum, so yes I think he's town.

usually people have a reason to think someone is town

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It's a gut feeling. I read over his posts and don't think he's scum, so by contrast I think he's town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I will vote him out to prevent a no lynch, but I don't think he's town. Still wrapping up some work, but as soon as that's done. I'll get you those better reads.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
don't think he's scum

Mafia edit.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

no, which is why it is weird that he had nothing to say about him

He said exactly the same thing I did.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
who should we vote

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
like cool you think dudes town, neat

give me an alternative

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
What about Li Dawny or AR?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

Back to the voting.

My pick for scum is probably Allen Wren. His last post in the game has been two days ago and it was a Scum 101 catch-up post, with a fair amount of content to make it seem like Wren has opinions and is following the game. No posts since then, though he has made a few in other SA threads. I think he's scum lying low and waiting for a better time to enter the thread again, preferably a time where he won't become the center of attention 5 hours before a deadline.

##vote Allen Wren

The Ninth Layer posted:

Anyway, Allen Wren was reading the thread close enough to respond to YPM targeting him but not closely enough to see like three very important claim discussions. Reads to me like scum scanning the thread for his own name.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Li Dawny referring to AW's claim as a power role claim has me suspicious of her

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It is a power role.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I think AW is just unengaged town but my reasoning for that is pretty stupid. He was the first person to outright claim redirector

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

It is a power role.

its the vanilla town role in this game

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

If it's a role with a power.... it's a power role.

I don't know who Li Dawny is so I'm guessing probably not experienced enough to make the distinction that in this game such an ability would be VT equivalent. Either way not something I find scummy.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

If it's a role with a power.... it's a power role.

I don't know who Li Dawny is so I'm guessing probably not experienced enough to make the distinction that in this game such an ability would be VT equivalent. Either way not something I find scummy.

Id define a power role as a non-vanilla role, so in my mind thats not a power role, but I can understand how someone could consider it one. Ok ignore that point, what else has she done?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Among other things he has voted for the person you are currently voting.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

Among other things he has voted for the person you are currently voting.

lol what difference does that make

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Why are you going out of your way to not make an alignment call on her?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

lol what difference does that make

It's content.

I don't think she is scummy. Should be obvious by now.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

It's content.

I don't think she is scummy. Should be obvious by now.

Why should that be obvious? Because you said a specific thing I brought up wasn't scummy?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yes.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol go gently caress yourself

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im over this poo poo, have fun no lynching, see you all tuesday

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Vote Allen Wren.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
it feels like JakeP is trying to create a push for some inoffensive lurker lynch which makes no sense when we have actual clear targets, especially with how invasive he is about his questioning which is a little out of character for him

what are you hiding jakep

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Engaged enough to recognize someone claiming to target him, not engaged enough to spot lightning rod, nexus, watcher/tracker claims.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Why would you be so opposed to voting AW just for claiming a VT equivalent role?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Allen Wren posted:

I am bad at having time to play (basically because of my schedule I can only read/post for a few minutes in the afternoon and then in the late late night when no one else is around, because I sleep in the day and work in the evening) and I have asked for a replacement. However, the replacement is not going to have my knowledge of what I did night one because they won't have my PMs.

And YPM's testimony here is useless, if not lies because of the nature of the game. He thinks he was looking at me. He was not looking at me.

I am a flipper, a basic redirector. I redirect one player's action to another. I redirected RF at Asiina last night because they were the first two names to pop into my head.

And now I have to go to work. Bleah.

Catching up on the last four pages but ##unvote based on that flavor claim because the flavor and role he claimed match mine. I now believe he's actually town.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Night 1 I redirected actions targeting dongs to LD.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

IllegallySober posted:

Night 1 I redirected actions targeting dongs to LD.

wouldn't that be meaningless with the lr tho

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

Catching up on the last four pages but ##unvote based on that flavor claim because the flavor and role he claimed match mine. I now believe he's actually town.

Hope you have a better option because otherwise it'll probably be you we flip today.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

There's also no reason why scum might not have that role as a fake claim.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Absurd Revolver posted:

my action failed as well

If YPM shows that everyone targeted tpink, then this is a lie.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

If YPM shows that everyone targeted tpink, then this is a lie.

Unless of course, it was a killing action and a doctor cancelled it out?

If there's a roleblocker, what priority would it have with a LR in play? like would that be redirected first suppressing the LR from pulling any further? I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Going back to respond to this as best I can.

Your Personal Muse posted:

This is IS's vote on Jimson. In a vacuum its fine. But he then proceeds to be ultra self-conscious about it. In fact the thing that keeps setting me off about IS is that he is super self-conscious about people questioning his actions.

I'm not self-conscious; I just try to respond if I'm brought up in conversation. I haven't had a ton of time to pay attention to everything back-and-forth but I try not to let things go ignored.

This was in response to a general callout on lurkers by AA and a case that AA had made on his vote that amounted to "LOOK AT THIS VOTE" with no case behind it and subsequently abandoned. Scum generally tend to be paranoid and think that there is alot more heat on them than there is (which I believe I already said in this game). He put that "random is random" thing up there as an explanation? Its a loving turbo on a scum and he is worried about a case that is already old at that point that no one is worried about. It just doesn't seem like a town mentality to be super worried about what people think about his hammering vote on a scum.

Same explanation as above. I was asked why I voted the way I did; I responded. Why is that scummy?

This was the general attitude he had toward AA. There are very few times if any he talked about AA's play and instead focused on the validity of his claim, even past the point that people cared. He looked at the wiki that said Nexus is town and stuck with that. Its hard when scum have to case someone's gameplay, so if they can hide behind analyzing claims or mechanics, thats so much easier for them.

No, I stuck with the wiki because like I said before I had no knowledge of that role before playing this game- and when the loving wiki says "Nexus is a pro-town role" I tended to believe it. I'm really tired of defending that argument especially considering everyone except you has dropped that already.

Here IS is putting the burden of a case on someone else. While I will admit that sometimes I trust other people's opinion more than mine when it comes to meta, that is when I literally never played with that person as that particular alignment. It seems weird that someone has a different opinion as him about a scum meta when IS admits that he had played with LD when LD was scum and he goes with that person instead of his opinion. Seems like an easy way for scum to lynch someone without taking the blame.

IS did not vote LD, which couple with the above paragraph, suggests that IS was waiting for someone else to start the vote train on LD so IS could have a guilt free lynch that he could pin on someone else.

At that juncture I didn't think we were being completely serious about a vote yet, I thought we were having a discussion. Which is why nobody voted LD then (including myself)

This was in response to my musings (GET IT?!??!?!) over AsiinaRarity's push of Jimson's lynch. Just shows the paranoia of IS. I never questioned his logic nor did I care. But he assumed I cared because he wants to make sure there is nothing that I could perceive as scummy, which comes from a scum mindset because only they would assume that everything they do could be considered scummy.

No, again, I responded to a question.

The AW vote is an easy, safe, lurker vote

TL;DR: IS is scum because he is super self-conscious.

##vote IS

I've told you everything I know at this point including full-claiming, so if you want to lynch me just to see me flip town then go right ahead. That's town's loss. Doesn't seem to matter when if I respond to questions, that's "scummy" and if I lurk, that's scummy too.

• Locked thread