Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Ar said his action had no effect not that it failed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Absurd Revolver posted:

wouldn't that be meaningless with the lr tho

Yes, but last I saw there was some discussion over whether that was actually the case. Figured it was better to give the info than not.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Hope you have a better option because otherwise it'll probably be you we flip today.

Still trying to catch up, as soon as I do I'll try to make a case elsewhere.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

Ar said his action had no effect not that it failed

He literally said it failed, I didn't make that quote up. then later when pressed said it had no effect or rather that something would have happened that didn't.

So I'm curious as to what that would be.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

IllegallySober posted:

Going back to respond to this as best I can.

I've told you everything I know at this point including full-claiming, so if you want to lynch me just to see me flip town then go right ahead. That's town's loss. Doesn't seem to matter when if I respond to questions, that's "scummy" and if I lurk, that's scummy too.

I want to lynch you because I think you are scum. A full claim doesn't help because everyone is a role. What would help is if you give us your opinions even if you aren't confident. Who do you think is town? What about scum?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

You targetted someone specific. Any other game at any other time you would visit them.

But who gives a poo poo, you have another case against you and you are only arguing against mine because its more nebulous. You are scum either way.

Asiina posted:

This is a reasonable point and Jake's case is good.

##vote AA

I still feel good about voting Asiina.

She had commentary on the nexus ability, but didn't seem to understand it as I had claimed, more like drive by sniping and it was before Canada Day.

Also this vote is really lovely.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
However, yeah I'm still more suspicious of AR.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ok yeah, my strongest feelings are on AR his post history is devoid of scum hunting and joke posts. He admits to lurking because of IRL reasons, but when he is around there is absolutely no effort.

I'll be voting IS to avoid no lynch, and will be driving home shortly.

If I make it home before deadline I'll check back in.

##vote IllegallySober

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I want to lynch you because I think you are scum. A full claim doesn't help because everyone is a role. What would help is if you give us your opinions even if you aren't confident. Who do you think is town? What about scum?

So everyone is a PR. Why would telling you my particular PR and verifying my flavor matched AW's not make a difference?

Like, that's seriously a stupid thing to say.

As far as my opinions go, so far on first read-through of the last few pages I'm thinking the following are town:

Myself (obviously)
AW
AA

Unsure on:

LD
YPM (despite you driving the conversation, which I do appreciate even though you're targeting me for whatever reason)
AR

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Any scum?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Based on being abrasive as hell to pretty much everyone, combined with throwing out what appears to be a lot of random questions while not providing a lot of insight himself, I'm going to ##vote Kashuno

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
you're just making a semantics argument AA

dont waste my time

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Absurd Revolver posted:

you're just making a semantics argument AA

dont waste my time

Not semantics mr. Around just enough, I think you are scum this game man.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i havent engaged because arguing about setup spec and night actions is boring as all hell and it's all you've done since the LR

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
surd u scum

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Not semantics mr. Around just enough, I think you are scum this game man.

your argument is that I used the word failed instead of saying it had no effect

that is a semantics argument

you are an idiot

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
no

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

absurd, r u loving engaged to be married to li dawny irl

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

That's not the entire basis for my case. I think that you post content overall is terrible and that you are scum. You do know case work at all and have made no attempt to find scum. Also speech to text is pretty loving dope.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

oh my loving god

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

dongsbot 9000 posted:

That would be hilarious if they were a mafia power couple.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

dongsbot 9000 posted:

oh my loving god

Wait are they actually a mafia power couple

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

no my wife would be pretty mad about that

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Jesus Christ, I'm a two shot night vig who's trying to stay under the radar is that enough for you.

Also I tried to shoot you last night dongs and I failed.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Absurd Revolver posted:

Jesus Christ, I'm a two shot night vig who's trying to stay under the radar is that enough for you.

Also I tried to shoot you last night dongs and I failed.

lol you had no pressure at all to claim. I just didn't believe you no one else

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like I dont even think a vote is on you lol

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote ar

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
my actual life is really kinda hosed right now so i have no patience for dumb tunneling

see you guys tomorrow

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Absurd Revolver posted:

my actual life is really kinda hosed right now so i have no patience for dumb tunneling

see you guys tomorrow

I'm sorry to hear that and hope things get better.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lynch him

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I would but don't think there's enough people around.

##vote AR

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

Every role will have some sort of redirection aspect to it, hence the pinball part.

I lied, there are a few key roles that will not have a redirection aspect but those are a secret.

I could see the watcher/tracker, and the only way that I think YPM is lying about that is if he is scum with AA, and somehow guessed that no one else would have a nexus type non targetting ability

I don't think 2 shot vig makes sense

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

JakeP posted:

im over this poo poo, have fun no lynching, see you all tuesday

JakeP posted:

lynch him

before i go take a look at this garbage rear end poo poo scum play

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
If a 2 shot vig exists in this game it is probably just to gently caress the town over anyway. In what way in a game where everyone is redirecting each other is a vig a beneficial goal to the town?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think he's sk probably

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

e_e

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Absurd Revolver posted:

before i go take a look at this garbage rear end poo poo scum play

go cry about your hosed life

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Can't we all just be cool

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

JakeP posted:

I could see the watcher/tracker, and the only way that I think YPM is lying about that is if he is scum with AA, and somehow guessed that no one else would have a nexus type non targetting ability

I don't think 2 shot vig makes sense

I don't really think a two-shot vig makes sense in this setup either. That's a really weird thing to just outright claim based on what everyone else has already claimed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Can't we all just be cool

No apparently we can't. People get called scum once or twice and then have an emotional breakdown before they even have votes on them apparently, its obnoxious as poo poo. If your emotional state is that fragile go play another game where people aren't going to call you scum.

• Locked thread