Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
XRD got less entrants because people are scared of Machaboo, who is going to win without losing a single round to anybody and after grand finals he will float above the arena and absorb everyones souls in order to become the greatest fighting game player who ever lived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if the xrd stream station is anywhere near the smash projector this year i'm gonna loving buy every mcrib in vegas and stare into mr wizards eyes as i eat them

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

XRD got less entrants because people are scared of Machaboo, who is going to win without losing a single round to anybody and after grand finals he will float above the arena and absorb everyones souls in order to become the greatest fighting game player who ever lived.

that's not how you spell maruhan

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

In Training posted:

A good idea would have been, instead of spending all the money they did on renting out that concert hall, they announced a 10 grand pot bonus for a classic game a few months ahead of time to highlight an old favorite. That's what I would do if I was mr wizard

Guilty Gear 2: Overture

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
is street fighter the only modern fighting game that people seem to think is getting worse with each release? Tekken people who post here seem excited about Tekken 7, all the anime games I follow seem to get better with each release barring the occasional bad one or at least stay solid, etc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Countblanc posted:

is street fighter the only modern fighting game that people seem to think is getting worse with each release? Tekken people who post here seem excited about Tekken 7, all the anime games I follow seem to get better with each release barring the occasional bad one or at least stay solid, etc.

Maybe the only unanimous one. Other series have their holdouts who dont like new games

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm fine with Smash but I don't like that they have to include both Melee and 4.

If EVO wants more money they should do a full-on "EVO Classic" with all the old poo poo and stick Melee in there.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'm fine with Smash but I don't like that they have to include both Melee and 4.

If EVO wants more money they should do a full-on "EVO Classic" with all the old poo poo and stick Melee in there.

100% on board with this because it means 3s or ST could get Classic Stage time

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

it's funny too because it's not like he's gotten noticeably better, he's always been really god damned loving good, but now he's switched to Sin.

I hear that Omito has been able to beat him, but I'd still peg Machaboo as the favorite to win this year.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pomp posted:

if the xrd stream station is anywhere near the smash projector this year i'm gonna loving buy every mcrib in vegas and stare into mr wizards eyes as i eat them
that''s what we call a heavy day

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this is really smart.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I love the idea of evo classic, I would travel to that motherfucker

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Pomp posted:

Bad move, because then they're all in one place and all he's gotta do is eat you to get at every McRib in Vegas.

Also I like Smash and I still say force those fuckers to play shorter timed matches irregardless because fuuuuuuck that poo poo drags after awhile.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what games would be at evo classic. sf2, 3s, melee, mvc2?

which of the old KoFs do people like the most.

Is Melty Blood a classic.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Endorph posted:

'98 probably.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
melty, cvs, windjammers, smash 64

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Countblanc posted:

melty, cvs, windjammers, smash 64
the tourney of the gods

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Endorph posted:

ST, 3s, MvC2, CvS2, Melee and Tekken Ball

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

could we also have vf5 pls

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Not to dogpile on Melee further, but has anyone else here been following Jebailey's Twitter? Apparently a 'top' Melee threatened him with the community dropping the event over dropping Melee doubles.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
the smash community sounds like the worst. bad community for a bad game

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bhsman posted:

Not to dogpile on Melee further, but has anyone else here been following Jebailey's Twitter? Apparently a 'top' Melee threatened him with the community dropping the event over dropping Melee doubles.

Probably Leffen. Didn't that dude got isolated from his local scene for a while due to being a massive oval office?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Dias posted:

Probably Leffen. Didn't that dude got isolated from his local scene for a while due to being a massive oval office?

From the player's message it seems like it wasn't Leffen, so no idea.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bhsman posted:

From the player's message it seems like it wasn't Leffen, so no idea.

The one thing r/Kappa is good for: checking out stupid drama. It seems like it was Westballz, but some of Jebailey's jabs were directed to Leffen and M2K. Entitled top player BS, basically.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i think its admirable they care enough about their game to go to bat for how its played. i mean the only thing top capcom players use their bullshit for is being late for pools

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Dias posted:

The one thing r/Kappa is good for: checking out stupid drama. It seems like it was Westballz, but some of Jebailey's jabs were directed to Leffen and M2K. Entitled top player BS, basically.

Not just them, but several complaints from all sorts of players like Armada/Hungrybox/Zero cause Jebaily also brought up the stupid things like floating Top players out of pools or asking for special VIP areas.

Though apparently the Smash 4 players were more kind in talking to Jebailey, just Melee players who are crying about it.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i think its admirable they care enough about their game to go to bat for how its played. i mean the only thing top capcom players use their bullshit for is being late for pools

If you mean 3/5, that's okay I guess, but it's stupid to expect doubles to be run at every tournament. No SF5 player is asking for SFXT to be at every similar event or they won't show (I hope?).

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
well no one wants to play sfxt but even when it was played no one made any ultimatums about not having ONLY 2v2 as it was played at the end because again no one cares about the game only the cash money for winning in it

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
EVO Classic
EVO Championship Series
EVO Japan

we in there

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I think the Melee scene takes way too much poo poo from everyone else, and I also think they should be appreciated if only because they're keeping a 15-year-old game alive AND competing with the New Hot Stuff for number of players at events. However, motherfuckers are myopic as hell. Smash sets run stupid long already, running 3/5 all the way is impossible without a hell of a lot more structure, and adding another tournament format to an event already running 8, 9 games is insanity. If they can't make concessions, gently caress 'em, they already host their own Melee-centric stuff. Just don't complain when you're isolated from the FGC - it's not like this is a "items on because gently caress you" issue.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

well no one wants to play sfxt but even when it was played no one made any ultimatums about not having ONLY 2v2 as it was played at the end because again no one cares about the game only the cash money for winning in it

I remember people complaining but quickly dropping it as they realized "oh, I won't have to take this poo poo seriously from now on, great".

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Ventana posted:

asking for special VIP areas.

Jfc lol. gently caress these clowns.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i would love it if smash hosed off to their own rats nest forever but i do think they deserve some recognition for having some principles about their poo poo. i dont want them to succeed in their convictions but i wish they would rub off a little bit on capcom players, like not swallowing down any garbage that gets thrown at them for the promise of money

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EVO Classic would be badass

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bad metaphors posted:

Jfc lol. gently caress these clowns.

On their defense, that's a top player thing, wanting "privileges" and all.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

EVO Classic would be badass

It would be great, and you could host it on the ballroom's bathroom considering there'd be 30 players tops.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i would love it if smash hosed off to their own rats nest forever but i do think they deserve some recognition for having some principles about their poo poo. i dont want them to succeed in their convictions but i wish they would rub off a little bit on capcom players, like not swallowing down any garbage that gets thrown at them for the promise of money

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't Nintendo have a lot to do with Project M being dead? Like, they (directly or indirectly) kept people from playing or streaming it alongside the real games at events and that's one of the major factors it got dropped by the modders and everyone else?

dragon enthusiast posted:

EVO Classic
EVO Championship Series
EVO Japan

we in there

EVO: THE REAL, digitised sprite games only. MK, SF:TM, Jackie Chan, Tattoo Assassins, Kasumi Ninja, all the good poo poo.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't Nintendo have a lot to do with Project M being dead? Like, they (directly or indirectly) kept people from playing or streaming it alongside the real games at events and that's one of the major factors it got dropped by the modders and everyone else?

EVO: THE REAL, digitised sprite games only. MK, SF:TM, Jackie Chan, Tattoo Assassins, Kasumi Ninja, all the good poo poo.

PIT FIGHTER

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Project M isn't dead, those guys are making their own game which is honestly very cool. Even if it's not my cup of tea working that hard on a project for so long, having it shuttered and then deciding to make your own thing is super respectable

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

There were apparently rumblings of a major lawsuit that was going to get filed against them, which is why you can't even download the latest version of the mod from the site anymore

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

what does that have to do with what i wrote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Dias posted:

Didn't that dude got isolated from his local scene for a while due to being a massive oval office?

Yep, banned from all tournaments here in Sweden. I don't know much about the Smash scene, but I do know that Leffen is an enormous arsehole