Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Its a combination of things:

1) Claimed cop that has still managed not to die or even be targeted by the scum night kill
2) Multiple really strong roles have asked for shine or stated they can do great things with shine, but nobody is receiving any as far as I can tell
3) Will confirm FL if he flips town
4) Minor point but he claimed the same role KB had

Also ANarc is now claiming the same role as Quid? Flipping one of them will confirm the existence of duplicate roles as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
As far as non-town roles go, we had me (3p Murder-Inc aligned), Inf (3p something), and then CCat and tpink on the same scum team, both lurkers. With how strong the 3ps were I think its likely we had a 4 or 5 man scum team, but no more.

So we are currently at 3 bad guys and 11 town, I can always withhold my kill if things get dicey.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

CapitalistPig posted:

you are either an idiot or scum.

CapitalistPig posted:

BAD and also DUMB.

CapitalistPig posted:

Ok TQ let me break it down so that even an idiot can understand.

I tried really hard to break it down so that even a dumb and wrong idiot like you could understand the glaringly obvious.

CapitalistPig posted:

Stop being so loving dense.

CapitalistPig posted:

Well, you are dumb and wrong and also an idiot

CapitalistPig posted:

Well gently caress you too.

CapitalistPig posted:

your idiot head.

CapitalistPig posted:

?

I'm chill af what are you talking about.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

It's a joke reaction man, not an overreaction. Geeesh. Focus on that plane flying safely. A couple hundred tons of metal, highly combustible fuel, plastic polymers and meatbags. It's the everyday engineering miracle that happens a few hundred times a day, but it's still nerve wracking to me.

AA tried discourage my re read when I was on the plane. This was right after I pointed out something weird he had said

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Questions for thread:

I think it's safe to assume tpink really did cop KB N1. As such, they knew all D2 that KB was a cop and that they'd be trying to kill him that night. Keeping this in mind-

1. would scum AA have claimed cop in this case?
2. where would scum have fallen on the 'we should/shouldn't lynch an uncced cop' debate?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

Hah, I did actually - unfortunately if I'm right, I don' think it's useful:

I said this as a meta read based on TMM calling Adahn stupid. KB took that ball and ran with it:

Like yeah TMM seemed townie to me at that point in the game, but the evidence wasn't that strong so I have to assume KB copped him. Not really helpful now.
This was my conclusion as well. It's either TMM or he used it N2. I was hoping you'd find something sexier tho :/

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Truth Quark posted:

Its a combination of things:

1) Claimed cop that has still managed not to die or even be targeted by the scum night kill
2) Multiple really strong roles have asked for shine or stated they can do great things with shine, but nobody is receiving any as far as I can tell
3) Will confirm FL if he flips town
4) Minor point but he claimed the same role KB had

Also ANarc is now claiming the same role as Quid? Flipping one of them will confirm the existence of duplicate roles as well.

1) There were only 2 nights and scum presumably used them on 1) an unclaimed cop who had no heat on him and hadn't claimed results yet and 2) you. So I don't find this point convincing. They always had better targets.
2) I don't understand this point

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
What I'm saying is I think AA is lying about having no shine, and probably about being an alignment cop too.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Also why would they go after someone who might be a cop instead of someone who claimed cop? Sure tpink probably rolecop'd KB, but we don't know that for sure.

Really the reason I want to flip AA is that there are ton of small things surrounding him that just aren't adding up for me. I think he is just running a gambit and laughing all the way to the bank at us for not having killed the duplicate alignment cop with "no shine" yet.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

If AA went into D2 seeing a lot of heat upon him he absolutely might have claimed cop to gain cred, knowing that multiple roles probably existed and that KB probably wouldn't counterclaim since he wouldn't have known about the existence of a rolecop.

Also MMT you are sleuthing hella hard, I tip my hat ma'am.

I agree with TQ that AA or AN are the correct dunks today because they will give us the most information about multiple roles. Seeing that one of them is telling the truth doesn't necessarily make it so that the other automatically is, but it does give us some insight.

Also, wasn't Glowku a brewer day 1? Did one of you take his role?

Has everyone claimed, a mass claim at this point might be good, although maybe not because presumably we still have a doctor who's been doing not much :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

Also why would they go after someone who might be a cop instead of someone who claimed cop? Sure tpink probably rolecop'd KB, but we don't know that for sure.

Really the reason I want to flip AA is that there are ton of small things surrounding him that just aren't adding up for me. I think he is just running a gambit and laughing all the way to the bank at us for not having killed the duplicate alignment cop with "no shine" yet.

Wait, this is a real good point. We, as town, think "if he's town he wouldn't be lying about not having shine."

Scum, knowing he is town, would think "we can't trust that that's the truth." He becomes a major liability. One of the few times lying as town is a town tell, and scum would know that.

So why isn't he dead, even with a KB rolecop&kill?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Someone definitely took Glowku's role because one of our backups tried and could not later on. Said brewer is doing the smart thing and not claiming though.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Still fine with being flipped no one has given me shine. Quid visited last night and confirmed with me. But I'm a shine less alignment cop. Use the day to find probable other scum, but lynch me if it'll get you all on the right track. Just talk through the game day first. I'll be around intermittently.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

It's like you don't even know me.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Quidnose posted:

Wait, this is a real good point. We, as town, think "if he's town he wouldn't be lying about not having shine."

Scum, knowing he is town, would think "we can't trust that that's the truth." He becomes a major liability. One of the few times lying as town is a town tell, and scum would know that.

So why isn't he dead, even with a KB rolecop&kill?

It's unfortunately not that big of a tell, because IF KB did get rolecopped, then they have equal reason to kill him and AA, they just happened to choose KB.

The next night they went after the unlimited town vigilante, which I can't really fault the scum team for.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Angry pig does look like scum pig.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

It's unfortunately not that big of a tell, because IF KB did get rolecopped, then they have equal reason to kill him and AA, they just happened to choose KB.

The next night they went after the unlimited town vigilante, which I can't really fault the scum team for.

Yeah I forgot there were only two nights. Are you sure they went after you?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Quidnose posted:

Yeah I forgot there were only two nights. Are you sure they went after you?

Yes I received a PM from Podima about it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Got it.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Truth Quark posted:

I'd argue KB was clearly the better choice, because
1. AA claimed out of shine
2. His flip would confirm FL
3. KB would be unlikely to be doced
4. AA was more likely to be lynched/vigged

This is all using the rolecop, but I think that's fair.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Quidnose posted:

Angry pig does look like pig.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I stabd by my opinions on Pig and ANarc

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Re: lynching to provide info on duplicate roles.

Here's the pairs we have so far:
Moat + MG
Quid + AN
KB + AA

There are 12 roles available in the lottery.

So far 11 unflipped or town flipped people have claimed/were obviously in it.

If one person claimed to NOT receive the role they requested, it would immediately gently caress AN, Moat and AA. I'll be that guy and say I think Pod's smarter than that.

Also there's not really a reason why someone wouldn't have claimed that by now.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I stabd by my opinions on Pig and ANarc

Near the end of D2 I suggested that the boss on dong's boss list wouldn't want the field of candidates narrowed down and therefore wouldn't case someone on that list. A few people agreed with this principle. Since cc was boss of the scumteam, I think we can potentially now extend this idea to SCUM wouldn't want the boss list narrowed. This makes me think you, AN + Pig aren't scum. What do you think of this?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

fwiw this is the only alignment call CC makes:

curiousCat posted:

like, if AA is town (which I think he is) then this is a stupid town post. like, okay, sure, maybe your flip gives us more information, but why the gently caress would we want to get rid of you? you're like "oh no the odds are low I get to cop again" BETTER THAN ODDS OF ZERO

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The only people TPink "cases" are Li Dawny and Moat. Jimson is on his scum list but he doesn't go after him real hard at all, HURMMMMM.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Jimson has done anything particularly stupid this game so I could buy him as scum

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Truth Quark posted:

Jimson has done anything particularly stupid this game so I could buy him as scum

mafia edit: Jimson has NOT done anything particularly stupid

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
But tpink didn't case anyone particularly hard, unfortunately.

Jimson has been working very hard to be Thread Buddy Jimson and that has, admittedly, rubbed me the wrong way.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Also I love that JakeP immediately killed himself with Reckless Vig, then Adahn inherited it and immediately killed himself with it as well.

My track record for NK'ing scum is not much better but still.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
lol "huh jimsons not a dick GUESS HES A SCUMBO" its ok jimmy i still trust u

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
flerp I have a serious question for you

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
are you scum y/n

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
n jfc ive been asked that like 3 times this game

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
my role is Outfit-aligned {shitposter}

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm re-reading you and I'm starting to think its actually North Side Gang-aligned {shitposter}

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
then ur wrong sry!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
flerp why do you trust that jimson is outfit aligned?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Truth Quark posted:

But tpink didn't case anyone particularly hard, unfortunately.

Jimson has been working very hard to be Thread Buddy Jimson and that has, admittedly, rubbed me the wrong way.

When I started this game, Podima messaged me and said something along the lines of "you better loving try or I don't want you in the game" so now I am trying. I like podogs games and think they are a lot of fun. I also like all of you guys and gals too <3 also kisses to flerp :"3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

A reread of AN:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is a super weird move on dongs part

##vote dongs this claim makes no sense
Initially votes dongs, but reconsiders:

I think this is probably a huge town slapfight and scum are just sitting back and :munch:ing

Notice that AA's story of rereading the thread actually has very little content. There's nothing to back up any of his suspicions or vote. It's more like a summary of the thread than commentary and that is inherently scummy.

##vote aa

Infinitum I really think you are pushing this case that is based on semantics and its not a very good case
^^This opinion wouldn't benefit scum

Cat I don't think you understand what I was saying. Infinitum was tunneling adahn ALL of day 1. Not just towards the end. I'm saying adahn probably isn't scum bc why would infinitum be bussing him super hard from the beginning
Very few people directly interacted w/ cat. This quote reads as not being on the same team to me, cause if it's all fake there's no need to correct cat.

I think more than one person can have the same shine role. Either that or someone in this thread is lying.
This happened early D2.
AN continues to suspect and vote AA D2
I agree with her position on not assuming there's only 1 of each role.

Can we post in twilight? Sorry I wasn't around. Was watching the 2nd to last episode of GoT. No spoilers for the finale please. Idk why it said I was watching the thread bc I def wasn't or I would have voted.
Why would you ever post this?? omg.

Since I still haven't received any shine I guess I'll just claim bc I'm basically vanilla. I am an honest visitor. Visited dongs on n1 bc in my eyes he was the closest to confirmed town. Huge waste.
I can see thinking dongs was most town N1, and I can see AN thinking that since she said she thought Infin vs. dongs was a slapfight. He also had a huge target on his head...

From this reread, I do not find AN particularly suspicious.
However, the worst things about her imo is that she got in on the MG vote, but missed the cc and pink ones. She was a ghost D3.

• Locked thread