Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Wanted to put this in here too:

Rigged up a camping grill to make a cold smoker to do some salmon. Needs some fixes but so far it's smoky and doesn't hit over 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Renegret posted:

My hands took the brunt of the scent and I eventually got the stink out with enough hand washing that now my eczema is now acting up from my dried out skin.

Eczema: The dadliest skin condition? At least that I can handle.

Still, I'm going to smell that stench in my nightmares. When I told one of the people who works there, the guy immediately turned to his subordinate and told him to have fun.

I can sympathize with the eczema thing. A lot of hand soaps will just make mine flare up almost immediately, so I've gotten used to trying to avoid touching things as much as possible when I'm outside to avoid the need for frequent handwashing. Those handicap accessible doors are a godsend, so I can just hip-check a button and not have to grab a doorhandle. One of the few things about Fall and Winter that I appreciate is that I can wear gloves and nobody thinks it is weird.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I just visited my parents and brother, and they're all doing a carb-free, sugar-free, high-protein diet. I suggested 'dines, so they said they bought two cans, tried one, and didn't like it at all. While I was down, they gave me the second can, but they had already removed whatever box or label it had, so it's a plain silver metal can with no labeling whatsoever.

Now I have mystery 'dines. I'm guessing it is KO, but it'll be interesting to figure out what kind it is. I'm hoping for double layer, personally.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
You should take pics so we can identify the mystery :coolfish:

PinkoBastard fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 2, 2016

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I can sympathize with the eczema thing. A lot of hand soaps will just make mine flare up almost immediately, so I've gotten used to trying to avoid touching things as much as possible when I'm outside to avoid the need for frequent handwashing. Those handicap accessible doors are a godsend, so I can just hip-check a button and not have to grab a doorhandle. One of the few things about Fall and Winter that I appreciate is that I can wear gloves and nobody thinks it is weird.

I have a prescription that I swear works using witchcraft. If I have a flare up, I'll use it three times in one day and it'll be like the flare up never happened. That being said, I still have to make sure I don't do anything to cause a flare up, which usually involves anything that dries it out. Washing my hands, the dishes, and for some reason the laundry are what do it the worst as far as daily tasks go. In the winter I'm basically hosed.

On that note, why are all dish gloves made for women's smaller hands. I bought an XL and they still don't fit. Men want to protect their hands while doing the dishes too :argh:

Renegret fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 2, 2016

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Renegret posted:

I have a prescription that I swear works using witchcraft. If I have a flare up, I'll use it three times in one day and it'll be like the flare up never happened. That being said, I still have to make sure I don't do anything to cause a flare up, which usually involves anything that dries it out. Washing my hands, the dishes, and for some reason the laundry are what do it the worst as far as daily tasks go. In the winter I'm basically hosed.

On that note, why are all dish gloves made for women's smaller hands. I bought an XL and they still don't fit. Men want to protect their hands while doing the dishes too :argh:

Cortisone 10 makes an eczema cream that works for me, but other than that it sounds like we have very similar experiences. I did finally manage to find a pair of dish gloves that fit me okay, if still a little snug.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Renegret posted:

Search for rubber industrial gloves instead of dish gloves.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Ellie Kemper (The Office, The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) and Stephen Colbert ate sardines on crackers together on his late night show either Wed or Thur night I can't remember. She did not like them. They looked big and meaty and with bones like Belas.
I was eating some at the same time and they were good. That is my news for an otherwise uneventful week of sardine consumption. Thank you.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 3, 2016

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sheep-Goats posted:

Search for rubber industrial gloves instead of dish gloves.

yeah but how am I going to complain about my problems if I find a solution to them?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Renegret posted:

yeah but how am I going to complain about my problems if I find a solution to them?

There's always QCS

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I am eating fisherman's eggs right now A+ would eat again

Though one of the yolks broke in the oven and I did a lousy job plating it because I was on the phone with my mother so there's room for improvement

Nothing a little sambal oelek can't fix

Renegret fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 3, 2016

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

King of Bees posted:

Wanted to put this in here too:

Rigged up a camping grill to make a cold smoker to do some salmon. Needs some fixes but so far it's smoky and doesn't hit over 50.

I too have an acorn grill and this contraption interests me. Got more details KoB?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

shoophobo posted:

I too have an acorn grill and this contraption interests me. Got more details KoB?

Looks like a mini Weber and a dryer duct and some duct tape. Seems like a lot of cleanup for a couple of salmon filets.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Why clean up when the creosote will eventually incinerate anything not permanent.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Looks like a mini Weber and a dryer duct and some duct tape. Seems like a lot of cleanup for a couple of salmon filets.

Pretty much. Removed the vent thing and riveted a duct nozzle and sealed with metal tape to fit the dryer duct over the lid vents. Then crammed the duct into the bottom vent of the acorn. That part needs work. The whole point was a cold smoker. Temp in acorn never hit above sixty.

The fillets were cured for about forty hours. Then cold smoked with apple wood for about six. So you know those little 4 ounce packs of smoked salmon that cost like $6 each? Most of the time that fish is crappy farmed and pink. This stuff is wild caught and brilliant red and I got about a pound and a half. Gonna eat so many bagels.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Bagel. Cream cheese. Smoked salmon. Tapenade.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Those fisherman's eggs I had last night are giving me horrible protein farts this morning.

:rip: my coworkers

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Renegret posted:

Those fisherman's eggs I had last night are giving me horrible protein farts this morning.

:rip: my coworkers

Maybe you got fisherman's AIDS

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Ty for the dinefo

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
went to mount royal in canadia and returned to the states with three choice tins of dines. I have:

Brunswick in Hot Peppers
Club des Millionaires Mediterranean style
Club des Millionaires original

what should i start off with? i'm a sucker for the hot peppers so i might go with the Brunswicks

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
I just got drove a can of millionaires original and also the clover leaf brieslings in me and oh gently caress they're better than brunswicks. I enjoyed brunswicks but think I'm on these exclusively now. The bruswick seafood snacks in hotsauce are very good tho. The Hot pepper brunswicks are good also but these cans I had were better.

Washing it all down with a coffee and it's really ruining it.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I started with the Mediterranean Millionaires and they tasted good at first but didn't sit well in my stomach. Also, I find that they're a little too big for me. I don't like having to cut my dines in half to fit them on a cracker, which is why I much prefer KO's. Still excited about the Brunswicks though, gonna save them for when I'm really hungry later today

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

My penis

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

King of Bees posted:

Bagel. Cream cheese. Smoked salmon. Tapenade.

You're a madman! A MADMAN!

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
My only warning about the millionaires: the ones in soya oil have been packed and prepared in china, and were likely also illegally fished by china's armed fishing fleets. The other ones are good as far as i can tell though.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Impressive

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Update

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I made a grill on cast iron for the first time since I no longer have a grill.

Is it heresy to say it was better on the cast iron?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Renegret posted:

I made a grill on cast iron for the first time since I no longer have a grill.

Is it heresy to say it was better on the cast iron?

You mean a steak? No. Not if you had a gas fucken grill.

Gas grill = don't bother

raton fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 5, 2016

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Further rib update: Ate 3 ribs and now I've got a fierce case of the itis

I'm dizzy sitting down from the itis

Hope this diet doctor pepper fixes it, but probably I will fall asleep before I get a half inch down the can

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sheep-Goats posted:

Further rib update: Ate 3 ribs and now I've got a fierce case of the itis

I'm dizzy sitting down from the itis

Hope this diet doctor pepper fixes it, but probably I will fall asleep before I get a half inch down the can

Here lies Sheep-Goats

It's honestly probably how he would've wanted to go

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sheep-Goats posted:

You mean a steak? No. Not if you had a gas fucken grill.

Gas grill = don't bother

yeah a steak I don't know why I typed grill I guess my brain isn't working

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Pans are really good for cooking IMO

Get that 10 inch carbon steel, cook everything that ain't acid in it

Bash it around and mistreat it otherwise like you would a fat Irish wife

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I don't know jack poo poo about my cast iron pan it was a hand me down from my late grandpa which automatically makes it a million times better

It was in rough condition when I got it but I fixed it up

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Cast iron pans work good too
They are Mary or if cast iron
They do good job on burger, steaks

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The gd itis

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

The gd itis

It's a good thing

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I bought fireworks

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
did you save me some ribs or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

gently caress the Millionaires for having a pull tab that is in the corner of the tin. what a bunch of idiots that don't know how leverage works. why would you put the pull tab in the place that makes it the most awkward and difficult to open? i just want to eat the goddamn dines not spill the goddamn juice everywhere when the lid inevitably yanks open

the more I eat dines the more I just compare them to KO's. i think i know what kind of dine man I am