Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm still skeptical of the claim, but perhaps the support you got was shine which would make sense given that I had no support and just had the 1 starting shine.

I still need to answer VN's questions but that won't happen until late tonight.

Counterargument: Adahn claimed that he was loved, but didn't start with any shine. (He claimed to receive one Shine from inheriting a role, which is the same thing that happened to me, and he also got one Shine from my brew action). He was a backup, but I'd think the mechanic would be consistent if votes did equate to starting Shine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Maybe backups can't start with any shine due to the mechanic of inheriting shine?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

I still need to answer VN's questions but that won't happen until late tonight.
merci, I thought you were ignoring me and was sad.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Flying Leatherman posted:

Counterargument: Adahn claimed that he was loved, but didn't start with any shine. (He claimed to receive one Shine from inheriting a role, which is the same thing that happened to me, and he also got one Shine from my brew action). He was a backup, but I'd think the mechanic would be consistent if votes did equate to starting Shine.

Too much speculation imo, I could see adahn getting loved and no shine since he's a backup. Anyhow I'll see you guys later. Date time! :cheers:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

SirSamVimes posted:

Maybe backups can't start with any shine due to the mechanic of inheriting shine?

"You can get loved if people vote you in the Shine lottery pregame, and you'll get some Shine too, except if you're a backup" seems weird to me. I would expect it to work the same for everybody.

(Also, you don't inherit all the Shine from the previous holder of your role, just one).

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Too much speculation imo, I could see adahn getting loved and no shine since he's a backup. Anyhow I'll see you guys later. Date time! :cheers:

Treat her like a gentleman

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I was not loved d1 and I started w 1 shine

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I don't know why you would start with 1 shine and I would start with 3.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
why?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

A reread on Pig:

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm not sure why you are asking me this question while quoting a post that has nothing to do with adahn, but if you wanna get serioustalk.

I would vote for either glowku or one of the bosses today, glowku for acting weird from his normal play and the bosses because I don't know if I trust either of them not to be a bad guy boss and their claims today had caused lots of people to claim on day one which is bad and probably a bad idea because now scum has lots of targets to pick from.

CapitalistPig posted:

In fact I guess i'll start actually voting for not jokes.

##vote glowku
Votes glow d1. Not much besides the above.

Starts D2 with this post:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780884&userid=86785#post461523397
in which he doesn't wanna vote AA, has a scum meta read on LD and cases + votes Moat

CapitalistPig posted:

Nah I was on the fence with you and I wanted to see how you reacted. I feel better about you, but you know who I don't feel better about?

Anarc

Here she is agreeing with my not so good case , even though she has been pushing for lynching an uncc'ed cop claim all day (along with all you other scummy fucks wasting time on that)

She was even pushing for AA yesterday and after his claim instead of like, looking for something else besides the uncc'ed cop claim (you are an idiot if you are voting for AA right now) she just doubles down on him.

anarc is a scum, good day to you sirs and madams

##vote anarc
Then reverses on Moat and here begins AN push for 1. agreeing with his Moat cases and 2. voting AA

CapitalistPig posted:

Umm , anarc, I am afraid it is you not making sense.

You are scum though so I understand why you really really want a claimed cop dead.

Let me explain to you though, why town should not.

You see a cop is a town sided role who could potentially help us locate scum.

So lynching one who is untested and un countered is really a very bad move if you are town.

It will be easier to determine if he is lying as we go forward as opposed to cutting it off right now.

This whole aa thing is BAD and also DUMB.
Lots of this type of thing, which I didn't agree with at the time.

CapitalistPig posted:

LOL TQ, jesus christ him being an uncced cop should be the only reason you need as town. Stop being so loving dense.
He gets on TQ's case about this as well and calls TQ scum over it.

CapitalistPig posted:

So write those two sentences! Throw your thoughts out and get it out there.

Play some mafia.

fwiw I don't think you are scum.
This is a response to Dawn.
Interesting to note this came about 12 hours after he said he had a meta scum read on her. In which time ~I~ don't feel like she did anything particularly reassuring.

CapitalistPig posted:

I am being efforty because I promised my close personal friend Podima I would put in effort and not just be my usual lurky shitposty self because he yelled at me. :ohdear:
This is also interesting because it's a response to Dawn saying she was suspicious of Pig for being efforty and I think this is the only occasion where he doesn't call someone a bad dumb idiot for suspecting him.

He reluctantly votes cat.

D3:

CapitalistPig posted:

I am not sure if this means AA is lying or not.
^^re: KB's flip

CapitalistPig posted:

Right now my inclination is still that anarc is scum but moat's voting stuff was really weird.
Since most of his reason for voting AN was cause of AA, I would think he would be rethinking her.

CapitalistPig posted:

:psyduck:

I don't believe any of this crazy poo poo.

CapitalistPig posted:

this whole crazy confirmed masonry business is pretty convoluted and seems really gambity to me.
Initially skeptical of TQ/Quid claim. but reverses:

CapitalistPig posted:

I guess I kind of grudgingly accept this whole quid/TQ claim it doesn't really make that much sense as a gambit for them to throw all this out when there wasn't much heat on them because it is a pretty wild claim.
Also claims backup around here to disprove something adahn got wrong.

This is his D3 rationale for voting AN:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780884&userid=86785&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post461608658
He says his case on her was "fairly weak" but he certainly didn't act like it was weak D2.
He also says she called someone scum in her post, but she really didn't.
It's the only thing he says about her D3. She hardly posts.

Then votes tpink

D4 he takes early heat from AA and Jim. AA accuses him of tunneling.
His response and another vote for AN:

CapitalistPig posted:

AA, really, I'm tunneling? You don't find anything scummy with anarc? Did you even read her?

I've been shouting to the hills that this person is scum for days, just look at this kind of poo poo.

She has engaged the game the way that scum engage the game.

And fyi , I would never bus a scumbud this hard, I want to lynch anarc in this game because I think she is scum, not out of bussing or town cred or whatever ridiculous idea you have in your idiot head.

##vote anarc

So....

I feel the majority of Pig's effort has went into AN. He has engaged in other things and he voted cc and pink.

As far as I can see his case is basically based on her voting AA D2 and hasn't evolved much since then. I feel he has failed to provide evidence of her "engaging the game the way that scum engage the game". He hasn't tried to form any connections between her and the flipped scum or cased anyone else since voting her. He hasn't gotten on anyone else who voted AA. This sort of casework is indicative of either a fake opinion or tunnel thinking/confirmation bias.

I'll also add that in my experience scum love hiding behind something that SOUNDS super true, but isn't in this particular case. Like saying NEVER VOTE AN UNCCED COP D2!! ~sounds~ super towny. (Unless you THINK about the specifics of this game for like 2 minutes, then you'll see that that rule really doesn't apply here).

As always, would appreciate feedback.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

VivaNova posted:

A reread on Pig:

Votes glow d1. Not much besides the above.

Starts D2 with this post:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780884&userid=86785#post461523397
in which he doesn't wanna vote AA, has a scum meta read on LD and cases + votes Moat

Then reverses on Moat and here begins AN push for 1. agreeing with his Moat cases and 2. voting AA

Lots of this type of thing, which I didn't agree with at the time.

He gets on TQ's case about this as well and calls TQ scum over it.

This is a response to Dawn.
Interesting to note this came about 12 hours after he said he had a meta scum read on her. In which time ~I~ don't feel like she did anything particularly reassuring.

This is also interesting because it's a response to Dawn saying she was suspicious of Pig for being efforty and I think this is the only occasion where he doesn't call someone a bad dumb idiot for suspecting him.

He reluctantly votes cat.

D3:

^^re: KB's flip

Since most of his reason for voting AN was cause of AA, I would think he would be rethinking her.

Initially skeptical of TQ/Quid claim. but reverses:

Also claims backup around here to disprove something adahn got wrong.

This is his D3 rationale for voting AN:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780884&userid=86785&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post461608658
He says his case on her was "fairly weak" but he certainly didn't act like it was weak D2.
He also says she called someone scum in her post, but she really didn't.
It's the only thing he says about her D3. She hardly posts.

Then votes tpink

D4 he takes early heat from AA and Jim. AA accuses him of tunneling.
His response and another vote for AN:

So....

I feel the majority of Pig's effort has went into AN. He has engaged in other things and he voted cc and pink.

As far as I can see his case is basically based on her voting AA D2 and hasn't evolved much since then. I feel he has failed to provide evidence of her "engaging the game the way that scum engage the game". He hasn't tried to form any connections between her and the flipped scum or cased anyone else since voting her. He hasn't gotten on anyone else who voted AA. This sort of casework is indicative of either a fake opinion or tunnel thinking/confirmation bias.

I'll also add that in my experience scum love hiding behind something that SOUNDS super true, but isn't in this particular case. Like saying NEVER VOTE AN UNCCED COP D2!! ~sounds~ super towny. (Unless you THINK about the specifics of this game for like 2 minutes, then you'll see that that rule really doesn't apply here).

I like your play style viva nova. It's the exact opposite of mine. I think me and you need to get together and start a super hero duo. I'll be the brush cool one who has fire powers and you can be the cool sciencey one.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Here's a question: was anyone suspicious of AN on D1?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I like your play style viva nova. It's the exact opposite of mine. I think me and you need to get together and start a super hero duo. I'll be the brush cool one who has fire powers and you can be the cool sciencey one.

u suk

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
my advice: be better

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Idk why were discussing this I gave this guys the list of scum. God.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

flerp posted:

my advice: be better

I'm trying not to engage you flerp so no one knows we are a scum team together.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

I'm trying not to engage you flerp so no one knows we are a scum team together.

ok i posted it in the scum doc 2

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

I like your play style viva nova. It's the exact opposite of mine. I think me and you need to get together and start a super hero duo. I'll be the brush [brusque?]cool one who has fire powers and you can be the cool sciencey one.

^^Feedback

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Viva is right that I'm town and all the stuff she says is good points. However, making arguments that someone is town is not great case work. She might be scum that knows I'm town and is just talking about how towny I am to buddy up or gain town cred if I flip. Casing someone as scum is a lot harder than saying someone's town for such and such reasons. I am suspicious of viva

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Viva is right that I'm town and all the stuff she says is good points. However, making arguments that someone is town is not great case work. She might be scum that knows I'm town and is just talking about how towny I am to buddy up or gain town cred if I flip. Casing someone as scum is a lot harder than saying someone's town for such and such reasons. I am suspicious of viva
lol, ingrate! Why would I wanna buddy up to you?

What did you think of my Pig thoughts?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

VivaNova posted:

^^Feedback

Auto correct didn't recognize brash

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Viva walked in and handed us a TPink read that got him dunked so I very much doubt she is scum. AN not considering that and just casing off that one post is susp

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Auto correct didn't recognize brash
Ok, I accept your offer to team up. If flerp cases someone in the next few hours he can join too. You can also draw my av. I didn't ask before cause I felt like it would be too difficult since its animated.

Quidnose posted:

Viva walked in and handed us a TPink read that got him dunked so I very much doubt she is scum. AN not considering that and just casing off that one post is susp
It like hurts my heart to do this, but I think he prolly woulda went down w/o me. I have a few problems with that AN post tho.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

VivaNova posted:

Ok, I accept your offer to team up. If flerp cases someone in the next few hours he can join too. You can also draw my av. I didn't ask before cause I felt like it would be too difficult since its animated.

ok i have to write a poem but when im done w/ that im gonna find the scum :D

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

AA tried discourage my re read when I was on the plane. This was right after I pointed out something weird he had said

The post that this is in response to is clearly an irrelevant joke vote on my part, and even the reaction I made that led yo the joke post is not serious. Read it all again. No one discouraged you from a reread, you're fabricating something here.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

votefinder posted:

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 2 :beerpal:

curiousCat (11): Truth Quark, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, Adahn1986, TMMadman, CapitalistPig, VivaNova, Li Dawny, Moatillata, JimsonTheBetrayer, King Burgundy
Li Dawny (2): Murmur Twin, Flying Leatherman, flerp, JimsonTheBetrayer, Quidnose, Adahn1986, Adahn1986, JimsonTheBetrayer, Quidnose, Murmur Twin, VivaNova, VivaNova
Anomalous Amalgam (2): Truth Quark, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, King Burgundy, SirSamVimes, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, Truth Quark, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (1): Quidnose, Quidnose, Quidnose, Adahn1986, Adahn1986
Moatillata (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Truth Quark (0): Adahn1986, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Adahn1986, Anomalous Amalgam
AnonymousNarcotics (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, CapitalistPig, Absurd Revolver, VivaNova, Absurd Revolver, VivaNova, VivaNova, CapitalistPig, VivaNova, Li Dawny, Li Dawny, Moatillata, Moatillata, Moatillata, Moatillata

Not Voting (4): AnonymousNarcotics, curiousCat, Hal Incandenza, tpink :rubshands:

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 28th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 minutes.
It might be worth looking at the cc vote.
It got to -4 minutes and there was no guarantee that there were enough people around to lynch CC. Pink sat out, so its possible other scum did as well, thinking they could swing a NL.

NonCat voters: AN, Hal, SSV, MT, Quid, FL + flerp.
Interesting sidenote: All four flipped town were on cc.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

VivaNova posted:

Near the end of D2 I suggested that the boss on dong's boss list wouldn't want the field of candidates narrowed down and therefore wouldn't case someone on that list. A few people agreed with this principle. Since cc was boss of the scumteam, I think we can potentially now extend this idea to SCUM wouldn't want the boss list narrowed. This makes me think you, AN + Pig aren't scum. What do you think of this?

I don't think that the narrowing of the list is relevant as you think. Maybe the scum wouldn't want the lists narrowed if their boss was among them, but ultimately it ends up irrelevant to determining who remains as scum. I'd focus on content and what seems genuine. As such, I don't know if both AN and Pig are scum but I think one of them is, and also Moat has some really empty posts.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

This feels pretty hedge-y to me - the point against Viva appears to be that making town reads is easier than scum calls (true) but you're not really calling her scum / making a case so much as pointing out that you find one thing she did suspicious.

In Disney Princesses, infinitum did some fun and hilarious song writing which caused him to coast for a very long time. Turns out he was scum. I'm not gonna let someone get away with trying to entertain the thread to stay alive again.

Notice that AA's story of rereading the thread actually has very little content. There's nothing to back up any of his suspicions or vote. It's more like a summary of the thread than commentary and that is inherently scummy.

##vote aa

I agree with this case. I actually got a lot of the same feelings from moats posting before I even saw this one. Moat is doing what scum often get caught doing - summarizing the game because it makes it look like they have content. He calls out someone for not scum hunting when he hasn't done any the whole game. He posts a lot about setup spec. I'm def getting a scummy vibe from moat.

Would vote aa or moat today

These are the two main cases that ANarc made but they were from a few days ago. ANarc - is Viva your strongest read at the moment?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
My posts are empty to match my head. I'm not really the type to do a viva or quid style analysis (though I do appreciate them) I'm normally pretty short winded and just respond to a certain point. Most of my votes come from gauging reactions. Like this:

Imo (and I think in many people's) viva has obviously demonstrated her town cred and this is basically an OMGUS without the vote.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Moatillata posted:

My posts are empty to match my head.
Noted.

Moatillata posted:

this is basically an OMGUS without the vote.
I'm not voting her tho so what are you trying to say here?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I think he's calling AN's casing you an OMGUS case since it was in response to your casing her, yeah?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

I don't think that the narrowing of the list is relevant as you think. Maybe the scum wouldn't want the lists narrowed if their boss was among them, but ultimately it ends up irrelevant to determining who remains as scum. I'd focus on content and what seems genuine. As such, I don't know if both AN and Pig are scum but I think one of them is, and also Moat has some really empty posts.
Fair enough. I'll take another look at you soon. Do you have any reactions to my AN + Pig rereads?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Quidnose posted:

I think he's calling AN's casing you an OMGUS case since it was in response to your casing her, yeah?
I came away from my reread of her calling her prob town, so i don't know why he would call her reaction an OMGUS tho. he might be confused. but now im confused so im going to sleep.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Since I still haven't received any shine I guess I'll just claim bc I'm basically vanilla. I am an honest visitor. Visited dongs on n1 bc in my eyes he was the closest to confirmed town. Huge waste.

Iiiii don't see this as being true.

Interactions with Dongs on D1 from AN:

This is a super weird move on dongs part

##vote dongs this claim makes no sense

Both of these are in the middle of he dongs claim. Inf had already claimed at that point, hadn't he?

She unvotes because:

Jesus just caught up with that huge mountain of dung posting.

##unvote since I guess setup spec is a bad idea in this particular game.

Not exactly a rousing endorsement of her case being wrong, and when Dongs says she's scummy her response is:

Which, again, is pretty dismissive of your solid town read.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And honestly, I don't know why she had such a town read of Dongs after D1. We didn't dunk Inf so we hadn't resolved the boss thing, and we easily could have gone into D2 still think they were full of poo poo unless one of them flipped. So where is this read coming from, cause it's not in AN's posting.

I also don't understand why would you visit someone you had an inkling was town. Why does the alignment matter? Scum aren't gonna keep it secret, they know you're town already - they might not out you like Adahn did but having a town member know your alignment isn't that helpful because the rest of the game doesn't know they're scum.

So AN I don't understand the logic of visiting someone you think is town. Can you clarify for me what you were thinking?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Sorry, I've been gone for a long time me and my wife and our future roommate went looking at houses today.

Uhm I don't rmb if I had ANARC on my list and my list is at work so I can't add him to it, so I still think Cpig is scum cuz he was on my list :D

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Anarc's claim just doesn't jive with me. Slamming lurkers has also had good results for us, but noone else seems to want to be on the Hal vote. ##vote anarc

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SirSamVimes posted:

Anarc's claim just doesn't jive with me. Slamming lurkers has also had good results for us, but noone else seems to want to be on the Hal vote. ##vote anarc

Hey ssv you have a lumpen? What's your reads? What do you think about AA? What's your favorite color?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Moatillata posted:

Hey ssv you have a lumpen? What's your reads? What do you think about AA? What's your favorite color?

Hey Moat, what's your favorite color? I like purple :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Orange.

• Locked thread