Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a private handwarming station is what mew2king calls a guest bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Endorph posted:

zand play me in twinklestar sprites

add me on steam if serious...

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Endorph posted:

a private handwarming station is what mew2king calls a guest bed

nice

also the smash community smells very bad

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

what does that have to do with what i wrote?

You say they have principles that can't be swayed by money but they dropped the only good version of their game the moment Nintendo started putting money behind Smash events. I've got nothing against Smash players but they're just as easily swayed by the promise of "legitimacy" or (not even that much) money or whatever, it's just that noone's been offering any of that poo poo to them until now.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

nice

also the smash community smells very bad

Yes. I remember going to The Fall Classic and being blasted by the odor of the smash room on the way to the main hall.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

can someone post where they requested a special vip area

i really really want to read that

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Caught the fightcade bug. Verdict: It's Good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

can someone post where they requested a special vip area

i really really want to read that
it's in the replies to one of jebailey's tweets

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Well, who wouldn't want to play on the spongebob tv?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Endorph posted:

it's in the replies to one of jebailey's tweets

https://twitter.com/ArmadaUGS/status/738743578017554432

lol what
https://twitter.com/KnaveStudios/status/749114301554634753

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/749114999008661504

https://twitter.com/VroZone/status/749290000110481408

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
By standardized CRT he has to mean "has a not poo poo picture" and not "has input lag" but until you find a warehouse full of thousands of identical new old stock CRTs then loving lol at there being a "standard."

If he thinks any CRT has any appreciable amount of input lag over another he's just dumb though.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

God bless you, Jebailey.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
2: Fan meetings

lmfao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah the spongebob CRT i can sort of get because if you're trying to play melee you're buying any old CRT that has a decent picture

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
The Smash 4 kids seem to be an entirely separate community from Melee and actually seem very well-behaved.

Can we just keep Smash 4 and set Melee on fire and toss it in the dumpster, please?

Even Mr. Wizard isn't greedy enough to think that it's worth putting up with the Melee community, all its baggage, and 100s of aging CRTs for much longer, right???

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Skullgirls mobile is a thing, out this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nga3jYloM-s

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Skullgirls mobile is a thing, out this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nga3jYloM-s
gotta fund indivisible somehow

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I hate the concept of hand warmers. They're not even making up excuses for it at that point.

To those who don't know what a hand warmer is, you know how sometimes a player will do an ingame button check but instead of pressing each button and then going back to character select they'll just stay in the match and practice their BnB or whatever? That's a hand warmer. It's literally just a way to loving waste time at tournaments in spite of the fact that Smash runs longer than every other game already.

Game Industry Rule #1: Make sure you own your IP.

No money from this is going to Indivisible, although if it's successful enough it could result in an SG2. Labzero isn't even the one making this-- Autumn hired another studio and they're bringing L0 in occasionally as consultants.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

the best button checks are marvel plinkdashes because you get to see how good the other guy's movement is if they do it like a dumbass

also i love plinkdashing in my button check because i still wavedash in actual matches

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Endorph posted:

gotta fund indivisible somehow

Indivisible is Lab Zero working for 505 and Skullgirls mobile is Hidden Variable working for Autumn Games. The SG mobile money's unrelated to Invisible.

Chev fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jul 3, 2016

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You say they have principles that can't be swayed by money but they dropped the only good version of their game the moment Nintendo started putting money behind Smash events. I've got nothing against Smash players but they're just as easily swayed by the promise of "legitimacy" or (not even that much) money or whatever, it's just that noone's been offering any of that poo poo to them until now.

you cant really blame nintendo for saying you cant play a hacked version of their game on a hacked version of their console. i mean it would be cool if they did but thats just realpolitik law poo poo

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Shiki Dan posted:

Even Mr. Wizard isn't greedy enough to think that it's worth putting up with the Melee community, all its baggage, and 100s of aging CRTs for much longer, right???

Melee will main event EVO 2017 after SFV's numbers drop by at least 90% and Smash 4 is removed from the roster. By 2019 EVO will be a Melee-only event and not even an important one at that.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Broken Loose posted:

No money from this is going to Indivisible, although if it's successful enough it could result in an SG2. Labzero isn't even the one making this-- Autumn hired another studio and they're bringing L0 in occasionally as consultants.

Hopefully Lab Zero pulls an Arc System Works and purchases the IP later on down the line.

I know about corporate culture, technicalities, and what not, but I find it ridiculous when a creator doesn't hold the rights to their product.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

oh right, i forgot the skullgirls devs got hosed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Indivisible looks really cool at least

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

In Training posted:

Indivisible looks really cool at least

it looks neat, not amazing tho.

but i mean it was also a demo i wonder what it looks like now.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Endorph posted:

oh right, i forgot the skullgirls devs got hosed

I'm convinced that MikeZ made a monkeypaw wish to make Skullgirls happen given all the garbage They've through.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

anime was right posted:

it looks neat, not amazing tho.

but i mean it was also a demo i wonder what it looks like now.

I thought it was amazing, but Valkyrie Profile is literally my favorite RPG of that generation, so

Even in the demo, you could do some pretty interesting things with vacuums and juggles

e: Also, even though it was pretty impractical, you could also ring out enemies (and they could do the same to you), which made choosing your fighting spots just a bit more complicated than you originally thought

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Simulacra posted:

I'm convinced that MikeZ made a monkeypaw wish to make Skullgirls happen given all the garbage They've through.

Who needs a monkey paw when you've got Konami?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

reposting this

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

melee gets you laid

http://nymag.com/selectall/2016/06/meet-the-hero-teen-who-took-a-copy-of-super-mash-bros-melee-to-prom.html

but only if you take it to prom

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

See, I want to get into Blazblue, but at the same time I don't see the point of investing time into a game that is at its twilight year.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

central fiction is coming out soonish and it'll probably have a decent couple of years before dying when the next guilty gear iteration comes out

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
playing blazblue gives you a deeper appreciation for how much better guilty gear is

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

General Morden posted:

playing blazblue gives you a deeper appreciation for how much better guilty gear is

blazeblue 1 made most gg players at the time feel like how sfv made sf4 players feel

Zand fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 4, 2016

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
blazblue still had more content than SFV too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blazblue gave us the best evo finals ever