Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Sorry podima and thread. I thought I'd be able to participate more and i feel bad that I'm not around much.

It's weird that someone said my comment on viva was omgus when her read on me was town. I don't know if she's scum but i didn't like the way she made a whole big "content" post calling me town.

Quid why the hell would i visit scum with my ability. That makes no sense. I figured after the boss fight on day 1 that since one of them was most likely town boss, i should visit them to confirm me. I had to decide which one i would go for and i thought dongs was the better option.

But....you don't know their alignment, and neither does the thread. How would they have confirmed anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Quidnose posted:

But....you don't know their alignment, and neither does the thread. How would they have confirmed anything?

Yeah that is A LOT of luck, and assumptions being made about what/who dongs is to the thread... Anarch, other than "Confirming myself" what was your whole game plan? Becuase there are some circles of people (Read: Idiots) who believe confirming yourself as town early in the game is a pretty scummy thing to do, and if nothing else, at least harmful to town play...

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*Wakes up with another drunk snuggled on him. He smiles softly then stretches and yawns, his butt not sore, but wallet missing. Dammit, but thank goodness. Stumbles home*

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
##vote ANarc

i feel like even day 1 if you really wanted to confirm yourself there would have been better options. there was some amount of ambiguity over what bosses were town, or whether any of them were.

There are just a lot of things that don't add up to me.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

AnonymousNarcotics (4): CapitalistPig, Anomalous Amalgam, SirSamVimes, Flying Leatherman
CapitalistPig (1): Anomalous Amalgam, JimsonTheBetrayer, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (9): AnonymousNarcotics, flerp, Hal Incandenza, Li Dawny, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, Quidnose, Truth Quark, VivaNova :rubshands:

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 04th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

"I got nothing against the honest cop on the beat. You just have them transferred someplace where they can't do you any harm. But don't ever talk to me about the honor of police captains or judges. If they couldn't be bought they wouldn't have the job."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I could understand her saying "I wanted to confirm myself to someone who was suspicious of me." That's what I did with both Adahn and AA to get them off the track of trying to case me, because even if they are scum they have to support me as town because I know they have my role PM. If they ignore it and start pushing me as scum they are lying and I will have caught them.

Dongs looks like he had some AN suspicions, enough on D1 to warrant a visit, but that's not the reason she is saying she went. She's saying she thought he was town and so she confirmed herself to him. That makes no sense, and her posting doesn't show her work.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Sorry podima and thread. I thought I'd be able to participate more and i feel bad that I'm not around much.

It's weird that someone said my comment on viva was omgus when her read on me was town. I don't know if she's scum but i didn't like the way she made a whole big "content" post calling me town.

Quid why the hell would i visit scum with my ability. That makes no sense. I figured after the boss fight on day 1 that since one of them was most likely town boss, i should visit them to confirm me. I had to decide which one i would go for and i thought dongs was the better option.

I don't believe this story. I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of a town ANarc on N1 and even if I thought that one of dongs/Inf was a town boss, I don't see why playing those odds (50% of getting a town boss) is better than picking someone at random.

I'm fine with ##vote ANarc until, at the very least, we get a scum call / case from her. Most of ANarc's content surrounds the idea of duplicate roles / her honest visitor claim but she hasn't made a hard scum call on anyone since the early stages of the game. I get a similar vibe there than I did from tpink.

Li Dawny posted:

I investigated Imgay last night and got scum.

SirSamVimes posted:

No, top badguy reads are anarc/hal/aa, the fact that he used his cop on me day when I had already explained why nobody should cop me still bugs me, ocean blue.

This game is great :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

No, top badguy reads are anarc/hal/aa, the fact that he used his cop on me day when I had already explained why nobody should cop me still bugs me, ocean blue.

Can you explain why AA is in your list of top badguy reads?

I'm suspicious here because the list he named seems like a fair enough list of scum suspects (if not for the breadcrumb I would 100% think Hal is scum), but his reason for AA ended up not applying to this game. It makes me think SSV might have just skimmed the thread for other people who have had heat on them / would be easy to case.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

flerp posted:

it cant be jimmy since im lovers with him

Quidnose posted:

Aligntment-Confirmed?

flerp posted:

hes my best friend i cant handle it if u kill him

Props to flerp - this interaction made me :lol:.

That said, I just went to go case flerp and realized that he doesn't really make a lot of posts that have anything to do with who he thinks scum is. He threw out a meta vote on Li Dawny* and jumped on the tpink vote when it was clear that he was scum, but other than that there isn't really much content.

Flerp - who are you most suspicious of right now?

*(at some point I feel like we need to take a look at Li Dawny, I didn't want to keep pushing on someone who can't participate as much due to real-life stuff but at the same time we shouldn't ignore the fact that she might be scum)

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Hi so I re-read the lead up to the tpink lynch and the only person I'm giving a provisional town call on as a result is moat. Adahn made the original callout saying tpink had not voted once the whole game, and Moat followed it up immediately. Combined with me buying the brewer bullshit now I think I can say this reasonably safely.

Also giving FL a town read for now since he confirmed the brewer bullshit (and inherited glowku's role!).

Confirmed town: me and Quid, Probably town: Moat and FL

So that leaves:
MMT
SSV
ANarc
CPig
flerp
Hal
Jimson
LD
VN
AA

Three of which are scum, argh.

Right now I'm squinting at ANarc because their posting today feels fake. Will comment more on this shortly, once I remember what caught my eye shortly before bed last night.

I'll admit I haven't been posting at all today because I wanted to see how you jerks cased each other.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I still think Cpig is scum, but Anarch seems the more pressing issue ##vote Anarch.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Murmur Twin posted:

Props to flerp - this interaction made me :lol:.

That said, I just went to go case flerp and realized that he doesn't really make a lot of posts that have anything to do with who he thinks scum is. He threw out a meta vote on Li Dawny* and jumped on the tpink vote when it was clear that he was scum, but other than that there isn't really much content.

Flerp - who are you most suspicious of right now?

*(at some point I feel like we need to take a look at Li Dawny, I didn't want to keep pushing on someone who can't participate as much due to real-life stuff but at the same time we shouldn't ignore the fact that she might be scum)

true though i think i was kinda early on the tpink vote? i dont remember rly though i was p happy when he flipped scum not gonna lie.

anyways, idk how i feel about anarc. like i see the case but im not rly sure how i feel about it. like, i dont feel like its definitively scum or anything, it's just a little suspicious and makes me a little cautious. of course, with the growing # of people on it im also a bit wary but ill prob jump in on the vote near the end of the day to avoid a no lynch.

i actually started a case on aa but then it turned into a super long post and eh i wasnt feeling doing that. im gonna do a reread just to get further steps out. he has a lot of posts though :( . yeah rereading aa im liking him more as scum because even though he has a lot of posts i feel like there's not a lot of stuff there, you feel? like, its not even like me where i dont even pretend that my posts have anything to do with catching scum, his posts feel like they have content and are saying things, but he doesnt offer opinions or thoughts and most of them are setup spec or him saying setup spec is dumb (:ironicat:). he also tunnels a few players like adahn and quid and TQ (even though they confirmed each other lol) but that quid and TQ conversation by aa feels more town since i think scum would accept that more willingly since they already know that quid is town. for some reason he also relaly wants to die? but idk what information that gives us even though he acts like he gives us a lot of info.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

And if adahn/tq/quid aren't scum and I'm not scum, then like I said, solving the rest of the game should be pretty easy from there.

how? why? im so confused.

also i dont like cpig either i keep forgetting about him because he shows up for a little bit calls everyone idiots and then disappears. idk its not very useful and doesnt feel town to me.

so id prob go cpig > aa > anarc with like who i think are the scummiest.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I still think Cpig is scum, but Anarch seems the more pressing issue ##vote Anarch.

Jimson are you scum?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I actually re-read ANarc and the more I read the more I get the sense they are just town saying whatever they want. I guess its just one of those "too scummy to be scum" moments. I am also with flerp and really don't like how quickly the ANarc vote built up. The only person on that vote I have a strong town read for is FL.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Truth Quark posted:

Jimson are you scum?

No. Legit, at this point I have tried my best to drive off as many scum as I can which should be pretty evidenced by the 2 people that are already dead that were in my DEATHNOTE(tm). I mean I get that at this point in the game we need as many people as possible, but I honestly don't know what to think of Anarch. Her play style seems kinda.. sporadic, which is usually one of the arguments people use to justify me as scum in games where I am not a try hard, but like... I have a strong feeling
***WARNING META READ INCOMING PLEASE REMEMBER I HATE META READS***
That Cpig is scum because he is playing his usual scum play. His defense of OH MAN I AM NOT SCUM CUZ I TOLD YOU GUYS BEFORE I JUST PLAY MAFS TO CALL YOU IDIOTS. Seems faked and contrived. It's not contributing anything to actual scum hunting, just saying no I'm not scum because of ~XxXREasonsXxX~
***WARNING META READ ABOVE PLEASE REMEMBER I HATE META READS***

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

I actually re-read ANarc and the more I read the more I get the sense they are just town saying whatever they want. I guess its just one of those "too scummy to be scum" moments. I am also with flerp and really don't like how quickly the ANarc vote built up. The only person on that vote I have a strong town read for is FL.

Why the strong town read on flerp?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I would be ok with a CPig lynch, but if I'm being honest I really don't like how much buddying Jimson has been doing either.

~~Changing my playstyle~~ is 90% of the time a scum excuse.

Would rather vote CPig today though if it were a choice between the two of them (and it isn't).

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Why the strong town read on flerp?

I didn't say I had a strong town read on flerp I just agree with him that this ANarc vote is very suss.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Truth Quark posted:

I would be ok with a CPig lynch, but if I'm being honest I really don't like how much buddying Jimson has been doing either.

~~Changing my playstyle~~ is 90% of the time a scum excuse.

Would rather vote CPig today though if it were a choice between the two of them (and it isn't).

Would you rather I go back to my usual play style? Because trust me, I really would love too. This whole game has been exhausting trying to act like an human.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Would you rather I go back to my usual play style? Because trust me, I really would love too. This whole game has been exhausting trying to act like an human.

I'd rather you were town but I don't think that you are.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

No. Legit, at this point I have tried my best to drive off as many scum as I can which should be pretty evidenced by the 2 people that are already dead that were in my DEATHNOTE(tm). I mean I get that at this point in the game we need as many people as possible, but I honestly don't know what to think of Anarch. Her play style seems kinda.. sporadic, which is usually one of the arguments people use to justify me as scum in games where I am not a try hard, but like... I have a strong feeling
That Cpig is scum because he is playing his usual scum play. His defense of OH MAN I AM NOT SCUM CUZ I TOLD YOU GUYS BEFORE I JUST PLAY MAFS TO CALL YOU IDIOTS. Seems faked and contrived. It's not contributing anything to actual scum hunting, just saying no I'm not scum because of ~XxXREasonsXxX~

Like this is completely a null tell for Jimson because he's exactly the kind of player that would put his whole scum team in a callout post just so he could ~SOLO IT TRUST ME GAIZ~ or whatever.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

I didn't say I had a strong town read on flerp I just agree with him that this ANarc vote is very suss.

Sorry I meant leatherman.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Oh, FL confirmed how Moat's brewer worked and also claims he inherited Glowku's role.

Its technically possible for the scum team to have a universal shine backup but I doubt it.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
And unlike straight roles, it is 100% possible to counterclaim inheritances so in the absence of that I will believe FL.

I still wish they would post more though.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't find the AN vote that suspect because we have, what, max 2 scum left? Are you saying they're all jumped on AN and pushing for her right now?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Truth Quark posted:

Oh, FL confirmed how Moat's brewer worked and also claims he inherited Glowku's role.

Its technically possible for the scum team to have a universal shine backup but I doubt it.

I actually disagree with this. I think that scum does have a backup. I mean, it's possible that scum was assigned explicit Shine roles, but the rolecop flip shows that at least one of them was involved in the Shine lottery, and to my mind that at least makes it possible if not likely that they also have something for the backup mechanic.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

you are idiot scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So lots of people keep saying cpig is scum, but I'm not really seeing valid reasons.

Makes you think.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
half the time i forget ur in this game

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

I went back and re-read Jimson and I think you're totally right on this.

Holy poo poo haha Congratz MMT! I was gonna try and start another quick blurb about your play and see what people said but that is a nice catch, and I am having a hard time seeing you as scum for bringing that to our attention.

Flerp no I love you

Other wise pick smart and I'll defend your decisions I honestly think your town also adahn

I like your play style viva nova. It's the exact opposite of mine. I think me and you need to get together and start a super hero duo. I'll be the brush cool one who has fire powers and you can be the cool sciencey one.

Jimson is being reaaaaally friendly. Even when he calls CPig scum, it's super polite:

Not in that same joking way I read Li Dawny but he seriously seems like he is going out of his way to be mean and combative like he is over reaching as an ""emotional town player"" but in the games I've played with cpig he has an amazing poker face and wouldnt wear his heart on his sleeves unless he had a reason.

I went back and re-read Jimson's post history from the first Shine game. It's completely different. 14 pages of shitposting, mostly one-line posts, and throwing his vote around on anyone and everyone. I spent that whole game thinking he was scum and the only thing that stopped me from leading a charge on him was that he was investigated as town.

Meanwhile in this game he has 5 pages worth of material, much of which is spent drawing people. I know it's a meta read but it's a really stark difference compared to how he played (as town) last game. I think I have a similar read on Jimson that I usually reserve for TMM - when he's town, he'll try and find scum and not really give a poo poo if he comes off as aggressive/argumentative. In this game, he feels almost too nice in a way that seems fake to me.

##vote Jimson

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Murmur Twin posted:

Can you explain why AA is in your list of top badguy reads?

I'm suspicious here because the list he named seems like a fair enough list of scum suspects (if not for the breadcrumb I would 100% think Hal is scum), but his reason for AA ended up not applying to this game. It makes me think SSV might have just skimmed the thread for other people who have had heat on them / would be easy to case.

Because I got things mixed up with the dongsbot game where I was a miller. Hurr durr.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

Because I got things mixed up with the dongsbot game where I was a miller. Hurr durr.

I get that, but you said you had AA/Hal/ANarc as your top scumpicks which I assume applies to this game (unless they're all in the dongsbot game which I haven't read) so I was more interested in what you find suspicious about AA now that we know the rest of the stuff you said was a misunderstanding.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

So lots of people keep saying cpig is scum, but I'm not really seeing valid reasons.

Makes you think.

Who is your second-strongest scum read at the moment?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Murmur Twin posted:

I get that, but you said you had AA/Hal/ANarc as your top scumpicks which I assume applies to this game (unless they're all in the dongsbot game which I haven't read) so I was more interested in what you find suspicious about AA now that we know the rest of the stuff you said was a misunderstanding.

More that I got the two games muddled together in my head so I had the "copping me as miller" alongside Hal's extreme lurking (:ironicat: I know) and Anarc's weird no-pressure claim.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh, now I remember why I got them mixed up. I was suspicious of AA because of the fact that he declared himself to be not useful to town before he had used up his shine which is a real weird thing for a cop to say. So I got "suspicious of cop because of weird day 1 post" mixed up with "suspicious of cop because of choice of target" and they both had names starting with A.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I wouldn't say AA is my strongest scumpick, but I'm still reasonably suss on him.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SirSamVimes posted:

Oh, now I remember why I got them mixed up. I was suspicious of AA because of the fact that he declared himself to be not useful to town before he had used up his shine which is a real weird thing for a cop to say. So I got "suspicious of cop because of weird day 1 post" mixed up with "suspicious of cop because of choice of target" and they both had names starting with A.

I didn't declare that.

I said, ok with dying, but it would be a waste.

Also used cop n1 to clear Leatherman so at this point I think that's a pretty weak reason to case me.

I mean I tried to push a case on quid and adahn and that's far more scummy imo. I mean of all my content to use that seems like something easy to latch onto since other players did, but I never said I was useless to town, just that my death would get them on the right track. I stand by this point if it should come down to it, because I have no shine and am just vanilla without it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

I wouldn't say AA is my strongest scumpick, but I'm still reasonably suss on him.

Who are your top scumpicks, then, cause you just reiterated your list but are saying it isn't accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hal and ANarc are reads that I did have from this game and have managed to seperate from the tangled mess in my head.

• Locked thread