Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Then in the next stage you start building your chrysalis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Then you poo poo in the chrysalis

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Alaois posted:

whats your excuse for not growing out of ASOIAF

It sucks hard.

e: much like post

The Anime Liker has a new favorite as of 19:08 on Jul 4, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the only adult activities and interests are drinking and having sex

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

PBS Newshour posted:

the only adult activities and interests are drinking and having sex

Smoking and gambling are on my list.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Darth123123 posted:

Smoking and gambling are on my list.

You can now gamble your parents money on CS:GO and other video games and smoking is just ecigs which is not very adult.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

There's no trend with Hicks, there's just a steady supply of teenagers who think his observations are earth shattering because they're dumb teens.

And much like Ayn Rand, Nietschze, and Monty Python, LOL if you don't grow out of that poo poo by like 20.

Wait, are you saying actual Nietschze is dumb or just the "nihilism and nothing matters bro" understanding that pop culture gives us?

Because I feel like Ayn Rand maybe stands alone in this group.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

burexas.irom posted:

You got a link to go with that?

i absolutely do not

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Geniasis posted:

Wait, are you saying actual Nietschze is dumb or just the "nihilism and nothing matters bro" understanding that pop culture gives us?

Because I feel like Ayn Rand maybe stands alone in this group.

don't talk to hodor

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i absolutely do not

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

pentyne posted:

The baby was hosed because of the gestational diabetes. One of the early posts in the thread even pointed out "As you describe, you are at a tremendous risk for gestational diabetes, and that will cause problems that your child will suffer from for their entire life" and that poster quoted themselves months later with a massive "I loving told you you disgusting waste of humanity"

The Bluestory response was "Quit being mean to me and offer some actual help. If you won't help me turn back the clock on 9 months of horrible mistakes then you're being mean should leave this thread"

4 months later

Yeah, it was infuriating because I think more than one person mentioned the risk of gestational diabetes and lots of people talked about other possible consequences of eating like poo poo during pregnancy, but she just outright refused to make more than the absolute minorest of changes to her diet. "I told you so" doesn't even begin to cover it.

One of my favorite parts of that thread related to that was when she was told you're not supposed to eat cold cuts or deli meat during pregnancy and she kept arguing with people about it and saying she'd talk to her doctor about it at her next appointment in a month (in the meantime eating cold deli meat every single day) and had to be shown multiple sources outlining the risk before she begrudgingly agreed to at least heat up her cold cuts in the microwave before eating them if she remembered to. She also had a hard time remembering what counts as cold cuts and had to be shown lists of things considered cold cuts several times until she got it. "Cold cuts just means meat that it cold" was too hard for her to understand or remember.

Oh, and the lunch "experiment" where she thought she was a genius for buying an expensive "froofy" sandwich and then taking it to a salad bar and adding more vegetables to the sandwich. It took her like 2 weeks of consideration and planning before she started to implement it.

God, that thread was amazing. The food stuff is the just the tip of the iceberg. I think that might have been the most mad and frustrated I've seen an entire thread get at an OP.

HoAssHo has a new favorite as of 21:40 on Jul 4, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Wait, why is eating cold meat bad for pregnant women? I've never heard of this before

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Wait, why is eating cold meat bad for pregnant women? I've never heard of this before

Uncooked meat. Sushi and poo poo. Basically they just want to gently caress around with salmonella etc and that's a big potential source of if.

Cold cuts should be fine as long as your not an idiot any it for the same reason...

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Because there are bacteria that live on it that are harmless to someone with a functional immune system but that can do bad things to a fetus.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
How do you have literally dozens of people call you out on your poo poo habits and continue to go NYAH NYAH CANT HEAR YOU SORRY

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Heath posted:

How do you have literally dozens of people call you out on your poo poo habits and continue to go NYAH NYAH CANT HEAR YOU SORRY

By being, perhaps, an amazing troll.

Was she for real or not? I'm really not sure. You could argue it either way and the arguments would all be vaild. There was no huge reveal that it was fake, but part of me deeply hopes it was. One of those ambiguous endings. It's "The Lady or the Tiger" for modern audiences.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

w00tmonger posted:

Uncooked meat. Sushi and poo poo. Basically they just want to gently caress around with salmonella etc and that's a big potential source of if.

Cold cuts should be fine as long as your not an idiot any it for the same reason...

With cold cuts the concern is listeria, not salmonella. CDC says you should cook your cold cuts if you're pregnant: https://www.cdc.gov/media/matte/2011/05_listeriapregnant.pdf

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
At least parts of it were true because she PM'd Detective Monkey photos that verified some things and posted photos in the thread of some lovely expensive art they bought complete with receipts and photos of the Kids in the Hall t-shirts she bought (which she HAD to have because she had been to a show once years ago and didn't have enough money to buy one of everything at the merch table and she was positively TRAUMATIZED by this lol) and pics of the Hamburger Helper she made which she was all proud of because it was such a major ordeal for her to cook anything whatsoever.

I actually think most of it was true because some of it was too bizarre and highly specific and the fake stuff was just her playing certain things up because it made people mad. Like, when she said she wanted to have a kid because she felt she shouldn't deprive the world of the combination of her and her husband's amazing genetics, I believe she meant that, but because people lost their poo poo over it, she kept making jokes about it to annoy people or whatever.

None of it was really that hard for me to believe because I've known enough people who are just as infuriating and resistant to change as her in real life.

HoAssHo has a new favorite as of 22:27 on Jul 4, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The funniest bit was how she'd hold both sides of a conversation because sometimes her star wars husband would just stare at her until she went away/stopped talking to him

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Travis343 posted:

The funniest bit was how she'd hold both sides of a conversation because sometimes her star wars husband would just stare at her until she went away/stopped talking to him

always got the feeling that thread was probably one of the only times anybody really paid attention to her, at all

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

It was the mute husband that freaked me out the most. All the food, and budget stupidity was fine essentially reeked of someone who had never had to care for themselves ever, and ehen it came crashing down, as it would, she would learn a valuable lesson.

But a husband who dealt with any question he didn't want to answer, or any sort of confrontation, (even one as minor as "could you please do the dishes today honey, I'm tired"), with silence and staring. Thats hosed up.

Also, don't forget that adding to the dietary insanity was the husband had a totally real and not made up allergy to fresh fruit and vegetables. To the extent that if someone unpeeled an orange in the same room as him, or he saw a carrot from across thehall, he would gag.

I hope she was a troll, coz if any of it is true, that poor poor baby.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
If real, that baby must have caught on fire at this point. Either spontaneously or by misadventure.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Karate Bastard posted:

If real, that baby must have caught on fire at this point. Either spontaneously or by misadventure.

I'm betting it died trying to eat a han solo figure for sustenance.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Nuebot posted:

I'm betting it died trying to eat a han solo figure for sustenance.

She fed it a stack of cold cuts she calls a "ham solo", it's a cute little joke they have

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:

mlmp08 posted:

Hard to tell given that lowtax doesn't make us wear avatar armbands with our race. But SA in general is pretty white.

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Well, yeah, it requires a poll tax.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

CuteStorm posted:

I just laughed because I am exactly the sort of person who people would dump random ferrets they found with.

RandomFerret posted:

Oh yeah, I meant to thank you for putting me up last weekend.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

caro easily claims the hide n seek Goon Olympics gold

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I don't know what made me think of this one but I'm glad I did, great to re read

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3281586&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3290020&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

The first link is for reference (guy builds absurd zip line for kids camp, asks goons how to unfuck it) and the second link (fyad responds)is the funniest thing I have ever read on something awful. I'd quote it but all 15 pages of the fyad thread are gold I promise it's worth the click

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Hey does anyone have the one where a guy shakes a skeleton? Anyone heard of that quote? Anyone got it

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

quote:

Reality: a man falls through the Earth and into Parisian catacombs. Taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. Grasping the nearest by the shoulders he shakes it madly, yelling "My nigga, have u tried LSD?"

It's part of a bigger chain of goon-related events but I can't find the whole thing.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

quote:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

its really amazing how the actions of goons and mods are so freaking far beyond the pale that its actually impossible for a bystander to believe.

proposal: i am going to make an environmentally sustainable yoga retreat in hawaii

reality: a y2k survivalist paid goons a "food stipend" to help me clearcut a rainforest, dig a road by hand, torture and mutilate animals to death on camera, and bathe in/drink from an improperly filtered kiddy pool that wild hogs poo poo and pissed in

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

proposal: a thread about animal husbandry in the pet forum

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction"

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I feel that that should be expanded on with a few of the recent happenings.

Proposal: a hotdog shack busks for startup money on Kickstarter

Reality: A goon cancels christmas for his children to give all his money to an owner who turns out to be an unrepentant racist rear end in a top hat who ignores every kickstarter reward promised. A mod probates people who ask questions.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ac/dc hadouckens is such a great line

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Whats the story on the zipline that kills kids?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Red Suit posted:

He built a zipline with zero though on the physics involved, meaning if any kids would actually go down it they would either crash into the support pole at mid-range car accident speeds, or they would be flung from the zipline at the same speeds

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mierenneuker posted:

Dear Esther 2 is looking good.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Red Suit posted:

I actually linked the thread earlier on this page

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I feel that that should be expanded on with a few of the recent happenings.

Proposal: a hotdog shack busks for startup money on Kickstarter

Reality: A goon cancels christmas for his children to give all his money to an owner who turns out to be an unrepentant racist rear end in a top hat who ignores every kickstarter reward promised. A mod probates people who ask questions.

Proposal: a forum to discuss politics in a wry, sarcastic manner

Reality: The owner of the forum is contacted by the secret service after several users publicly propose killing the President, culminating in someone explaining Goatse to a high-ranking intelligence officer

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

This is relevant (from Space Station 13)

quote:

Dauntasa posted:
Woah, why'd you have to send poo poo to the FBI?

quote:

Dr. Cogwerks
Some weirdo was making rapey and creepy comments in game one night at about one AM. I yelled at them, they responded with a couple weird cryptic messages and then this, roughly: "well thanks for all the fun times here, i've got my rifle loaded and i'm gonna be shooting up a school full of kids in the morning, so this is goodbye"

User key was his first initial and last name with a number, that same account name was also used by a certain college student's blog and google+ page. Found his city and college from those, and the IP address he was playing from matched the ip registry for that college. Submitted the admin log, ip and timestamps to the FBI's online tips form, got several frantic calls back from city police and FBI agents over the next several hours and ended up getting calls from various detectives and fbi agents every hour or so from one am to three pm. No goddamn sleep.

Dude's dorm room was raided and he was arrested within about three hours of his comments, dorm was searched, computer taken to forensics, all that jazz. I dunno what happened past that though. I did have to write up some incident reports and attach a whole bunch of supplementary text and pictures about what ss13 is, how we log player communications and login info, how people find the game, how people register for the game, and a whole bunch of other stuff like that. Somewhere there's a screenshot in an FBI evidence folder showing a bunch of regular players farting, because it was impossible to find any portion of the game chat panel WITHOUT farting.

goddamn you all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What's the animal husbandry one?