Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Lets see what I can dig up...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Pictures of (minor) misadventures, where available.
Transcanada 20 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr
Not stuck, just Imperial. That's a friend of mine, not me (the guy at the table, not Lord Vader).

SD 054 Stuck Near Fenton Ferry (1 of 4) by Martin Brummell, on Flickr
3rd-gen Preludes don't do well on snowmobile trails.

SD 116 Caves and Walls Pt 1 More Adventuresome 6 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr
Out of petrol.

SD 087 Snowy Roads and Not-Roads 15 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr
e36 BMW don't do well on not-maintained-in-winter roads.

Wheeloff by Martin Brummell, on Flickr
Oil-change-and-inspection tech at the shop forgot to tighten the lug nuts.

SD 144 Topper and Ferry 7 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr
No real misadventures in the Ranger, yet, but this photo from last year shows the right-rear corner; I just ordered a replacement rear lamp assembly because the ducttape finally failed keeping the crunched one in place.

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 4, 2016

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 28, 2018

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Went on a little adventure over the weekend, crossing over from the UK to France.

In Oye-Plage.

Then Arras.

Then off to the Reims Circuit.

Then the following day it was off to Champagnes Pommery.

Then back to the Reims Circuit for a bit.

On the way back we stopped off in Mont Saint Eloi, which hosted the remains of a huge abbey which was destroyed in World War 1.

After that on the way to our next destination going back towards the coast a road was shut forcing us to divert and we got hopelessly lost (sat nav wasn't much help either), but there are worse places to get lost than great French roads and quaint villages.

Ready to board the ferry back home.

French drivers will think nothing of overtaking four or five cars at once, even if all said cars are going above the speed limit.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Washed and went out to celebrate my freedom to contribute to global warming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K-s57j9a_k

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
The wind was too much for the poor mount to take. Rip mount.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

This post is an incomplete listing of my car history, and I apologize for its length. It is missing several RX-7's, A couple of Civics, two Volkswagens, my first two bikes, and other miscellaneous cars that have been lost to history. I'm 34 and at last count, I have had 50 cars and at least 8 bikes. I am the definition of automotive ADD

The first car I bought with my own money, 1991 Acura Integra.

After that I had the white 2000 Civic EX seen in this picture.

Followed by this 96 Mustang GT that took me on a 9,000 mile road trip after freshman year of college.

After the Mustang, I had my first RX7 - this 91 convertible, and an 89 Civic Si at the same time.

Then I got an 87 RX7 Turbo (later sold to forums poster Corn In The Fridge)and the wife and I bought an 02 Mazda Protege 5. At this time I also had an 84 Honda CB550 and a 96 Suzuki RF600R that have no pictures.

I then moved out of my college apartment and bought the following cars in short order: 2003 VW Jetta 1.8t, 2004 VW GTI 1.8t, 1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R, 1986 Nissan D21 truck, 1985 RX7 GSL, and a 1986 Toyota Tacoma. I had a 6 car garage at that point. I was also intermittently storing and driving cars owned by Corn In The Fridge including a 1990 RX7 Turbo, and a 1986 RX7 GXL which I later bought from him. I also owned this 1974 Opel GT at this time

When I moved out of that house with the huge garage, I rented a townhouse with no garage and my VW's got repo'd because I was a dumbass and young. Then I bought a PT Cruiser (shame of shames) and this 1990 Civic hatch, along with a Buell Blast. This Civic was the genesis of the SLO-RICE plate I still use to this day.

Next, 1991 Taurus SHO

Then I got my 2006 Buell Lightning, which is seen here in its pre-accident glory along with my 1986 XL250R which was wold to my buddy at work. The picture of them together is 5 minutes before I ate poo poo and almost died. In the background of one of the shots you can see our 09 Civic DX sedan. I also had a 1993 BMW 325is which was sold to my wife's cousin (seen in the picture), and at some point the civic was traded in on the 2010 Fit Sport

Here is a short interlude wherein a 17-year-old girl on a cell phone almost kills me

After my accident, I bought myself this 2011 Shelby GT500 as a present

And traded the Fit in on a 2010 Cobalt SS Turbo

My wife wanted a beater car so we got this 1996 Subaru Outback

And I wanted an off-roader so I got this 1996 Bronco

Eventually the Bronco and the Outback were sold, and I replaced the Bronco with a 1974 Baja Beetle

And my wife got bored with the Outback and went with a Pontiac G8 GT

Then the Cobalt was (stupidly) traded in on a 2006 Subaru WRX STi, which only lasted about six months because my hip is so bad from the accident that the ridiculous suspension in the STi was murdering it

The G8 was sold to a good friend who gave me this 06 TSX and a buttload of cash of which I used some to buy a DRZ400SM and a DR350

Then I bought an 2001 Integra which my wife hated driving so I promptly sold it

Traded the Shelby on an E9x M3

Bought a 2012 Civic Si

Sold the M3 and bought a Genesis 2.0t R-Spec

And this 1990 Miata

Bought this Marauder 900

Got this 07 Explorer to haul the kids and go off-road

Sold the Genesis and got this 2015 Fit EX as an interim car

Had this 94 Integra GS-R that got fixed up and sold

Wife wanted a truck instead of the Explorer, so here comes a 2015 F-150 FX4

Traded the Fit on a 2010 Corvette and got this Protege as a daily to keep the Vette nice

Which brings us to the current fleet (along with the F150 above). 2009 Audi S5 4.2, 1997 Prelude Type SH, 1999 Civic DX, and because I live in the middle of nowhere, my go-kart

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jul 5, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I'm 34 and at last count, I have had 50 cars and at least 8 bikes.

You do know that the gas tank is refillable?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

spog posted:

You do know that the gas tank is refillable?

To be fair, most of the time I have at least three vehicles concurrently, usually four.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Then I got an 87 RX7 Turbo (later sold to forums poster Corn In The Fridge)and the wife and I bought an 02 Mazda Protege 5. At this time I also had an 84 Honda CB550 and a 96 Suzuki RF600R that have no pictures.

I was also intermittently storing and driving cars owned by Corn In The Fridge including a 1990 RX7 Turbo, and a 1986 RX7 GXL which I later bought from him.

The '90 looks like this now btw

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

sc0tty posted:

Had it for just over a month now, and it's great fun! First time driving manual so slow going at the moment but it's a blast.

Lovely. Here is my 200.

Old SVX.

Also a Pug 306 gti6 I've posted here before, plus a couple vanilla Subaru's and an old Toyota Corona.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

corn in the fridge posted:

The '90 looks like this now btw

That's extremely sad. That was probably the nicest FC left in the country...

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jul 5, 2016

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
If you loved it so much, you should've put a ring on it.

I trashed the last of the 1998 AWD Talons to turn it into a track jalopy, and have no regrets.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

That's quite a list. Which one was your favorite? Also is that in Danville, VA?

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

2016 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited

I took it on its first long-drive of about 6 hours (finally broke 1k miles after 2 months of ownership) to take my in-laws to the airport in Baltimore. I have driven from Richmond to Baltimore before, but Eyesight was a revelation. It is not self-driving, and after Tesla started killing people driver-assist really shouldn't be in its current iteration, but it turned one of the most odious drives in America into something I could handle easily if I had something good on the radio. Eyesight sold me during the test drives, but I had no idea how useful it would be for long/congested drives.

If Eyesight could kill the i95, 495, and running to the Balt/Wash Parkway, then praise Allah if self-drivers come along in the next 10 years.

Turnquiet fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 6, 2016

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Dislike button posted:

That's quite a list. Which one was your favorite? Also is that in Danville, VA?

Danville, PA. If I could have any of the past cars back now it would be the Cobalt, the Bronco and the M3.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

This post is an incomplete listing of my car history, and I apologize for its length. It is missing several RX-7's, A couple of Civics, two Volkswagens, my first two bikes, and other miscellaneous cars that have been lost to history. I'm 34 and at last count, I have had 50 cars and at least 8 bikes. I am the definition of automotive ADD

holy poo poo if you go back to your first honda fit and add up all the cars thats $35,000 in sales tax alone in california (and thats if you fudged a lot of the numbers way down on the private party cars, i know you dont live in CA though). I also have no idea how much those bikes are worth so none of those are included in that $35,000 figure.

I have automotive ADD but i cant afford spending $4000 in sales tax on a car every year on top of the lost value.. it just doesnt work at all.

Danville, PA. If I could have any of the past cars back now it would be the Cobalt, the Bronco and the M3.

Considering the array of cars youve driven what did you think of the m3 seating position? I hear its pretty high compared to vettes/other sports cars

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 6, 2016

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

coolskillrex remix posted:

I have automotive ADD but i cant afford spending $4000 in sales tax on a car every year on top of the lost value.. it just doesnt work at all.

It's like vacations -- you get more memories this way.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

holy poo poo if you go back to your first honda fit and add up all the cars thats $35,000 in sales tax alone in california (and thats if you fudged a lot of the numbers way down on the private party cars, i know you dont live in CA though). I also have no idea how much those bikes are worth so none of those are included in that $35,000 figure.

Considering the array of cars youve driven what did you think of the m3 seating position? I hear its pretty high compared to vettes/other sports cars

That's only if you're paying tax on the full retail price. When you trade, there's only tax on the difference (if there is any). I loved the M3 driving position. Sedan-like, but adjustable to be sporty. Plus the seats were fantastic. The Audi has very similar seats.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

That's only if you're paying tax on the full retail price. When you trade, there's only tax on the difference (if there is any). I loved the M3 driving position. Sedan-like, but adjustable to be sporty. Plus the seats were fantastic. The Audi has very similar seats.

Are you still in Milton or did you move closer to work? I think last time I asked you were working in Wilkesbarre?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

Are you still in Milton or did you move closer to work? I think last time I asked you were working in Wilkesbarre?

I'm outside Bloomsburg now. I work most days in Danville at Geisinger, but I go to several hospitals in the area.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Oh we're doing all cars again? Ok.

Past:
1985 Mazda 626 coupe

1989 Beretta GT (this is not my actual car, but the closest I could find. I don't know if I have any pics of it.)

1998 S-10 ZQ8

2003 Jetta GLS

2003 Audi A4

2006 VW GTI

2005.5 Audi A4 Avant

2011 Audi S4

2011 Audi A4 Avant

2013 Audi S4

2013 Audi allroad

Current:
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude

2013 Audi allroad

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jul 7, 2016

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Compared to an Elise or probably a Vette, it's 'high' but compared to everything else I've ever driven it's surprisingly low-slung feeling (for a car that's not 3' tall) and it's always a weird feeling when I have to move my wife's car which aesthetically appears lower but feels like a Ford Fahv Hunnert after only driving the M3 for a while.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Dropshadow, I want you to know that your lowered audi wagons are at least like 30% responsible for me getting my 6 wagon and deciding it needs to get dropped on its nuts. Because god drat, your cars are all gorgeous. Also, gently caress yeah factory lowered s-10. My dad still has his '01 with the zq8 package. I really wanna help him do some stuff to it one day and clean it up. Such a terribly awesome little truck that I spent tons of time riding shotgun in. :3:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
90% of the pics of my car are from events, so

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Crustashio posted:

Apparently i don't take pics of my own cars. About the same here:

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Elmnt80 posted:

Dropshadow, I want you to know that your lowered audi wagons are at least like 30% responsible for me getting my 6 wagon and deciding it needs to get dropped on its nuts. Because god drat, your cars are all gorgeous. Also, gently caress yeah factory lowered s-10. My dad still has his '01 with the zq8 package. I really wanna help him do some stuff to it one day and clean it up. Such a terribly awesome little truck that I spent tons of time riding shotgun in. :3:

I loved that little pickup. Had it 5 1/2 years, which is the longest I've owned any car. I never see the ZQ8 models anymore, they're probably all rusted to bits by now. :(

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
Warning: Gratuitous beaver panel shot below.

It got rear ended in fuckin' February and I should get it back next week. Then its off for a re-tune and probably some massive injectors.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

tobu posted:

Warning: Gratuitous beaver panel shot below.

It got rear ended in fuckin' February and I should get it back next week. Then its off for a re-tune and probably some massive injectors.

What was that before it got its rear end destroyed?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Likely a Skyline, if you check his post history. How bad was the damage? Any pics?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

DropShadow posted:

I loved that little pickup. Had it 5 1/2 years, which is the longest I've owned any car. I never see the ZQ8 models anymore, they're probably all rusted to bits by now. :(

My dad's is actually still in good condition despite spending 200k miles as a work truck and being 15 years old. Needs some new speakers and touching up the paint. Gotta love having a vehicle in the south. :v:

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Crustashio posted:

Same.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
/\/\/\ Love the googly eyes on the Miata.

e36 at events! I can play too!

OneOverZero
Oct 14, 2005

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT SEALED BEAMS
Welp, I know at least a couple of these have turned up over the years of this thread, but it's rewarding to track down photos anyway. :v:

1973 Charger SE, all-original (childhood hobby visible). My dad sold this car new and bought it back from the original owner 26 years later with something like 124 miles. I proceeded to be the awkward high school kid with the slow weekend car. It's in a museum in west TN last I heard, being driven on a fairly regular basis. I'd buy it back in a heartbeat if it comes up for sale.

2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0/AW4. Full OME/JKS suspension, PW/PL, nothing else. Inherited it in 2002 and sold it to a friend in 2014 after driving it through high school, college, and daily driver for years after that. I miss it a lot.

1990 Comanche Pioneer 4.0/AX15 (archived thread). Bought this in 2012 and have now essentially rebuilt everything in it with late-model XJ/WJ components.

2013 Dart 1.4T/6spd. Bought in 2012 as an economical daily driver with an excellent exhaust note. Great car, died young.

2015 Challenger R/T, 5.7/TR6060. Also taken from this mortal coil too soon.

1996 Neon ACR (project thread). Autocross car that is nimble as poo poo. Have a ~210hp 2.4L with Quaife LSD ready to go in, if I ever get the initiative - it's too much fun as it is.

1999 Neon ACR. I bought this car from its original owner because it was too perfect not to, and I wanted to save it from the teeming masses. It may end up on BringATrailer since they seem to have lowered their entry bar to include any goddamned BMW-era Mini or E46, so a rare spec-class Neon must be acceptable, right?

1985 245DL 2.3T/4spd (Chrysler/AMC/FCA c-c-c-combobreaker). Its only exhaust plumbing was a sidepipe booger-welded to the turbine housing and hung with bailing wire. It shot flames on throttle lift. I sold it to a friend after 29 days.

2016 Challenger Scat Pack, 6.4/TR6060.

So for 4-wheeled vehicles, I have the Comanche, both ACRs, and Challenger now. God help me.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

You're long past God's help, my good man. :sun:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

OneOverZero posted:

1990 Comanche Pioneer 4.0/AX15 (archived thread). Bought this in 2012 and have now essentially rebuilt everything in it with late-model XJ/WJ components.

Sell me that Comanche.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

MiniFoo posted:

Likely a Skyline, if you check his post history. How bad was the damage? Any pics?

It is indeed a Skyline. One of the last produced ER34 GT-T Four-door's. I'm told the extra doors are for more whores?

The damage doesn't even look that bad but the beaver panel was hosed and its been a pain to get parts.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

tobu posted:

It is indeed a Skyline. One of the last produced ER34 GT-T Four-door's. I'm told the extra doors are for more whores?

The damage doesn't even look that bad but the beaver panel was hosed and its been a pain to get parts.

Heh, my car suffered the same fate in 2014;

Reppin' QLD :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

fingerling posted:

Heh, my car suffered the same fate in 2014;

Reppin' QLD :v:

QLD: Home of racists and late brakers. It really is a hell!