Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

cowofwar posted:

I am still getting comedy 3* teams on my last node, what's up with that?

The theory is that it is looking for teams with 120% or so of the power of the highest power arena team you have ever won with and can't find one, so it generates that goofy placeholder team. Supposedly you can break things even more by putting together a 40K power arena team of bad people that are given high power ratings by the game and then you get 3 broken teams at the end, but I think you just face those murder teams a little earlier. I wouldn't try this, because if they ever fix it, you might end up facing 6 murder teams at the end of your GW every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

With that, MalTwo now needs a spot in GGA or IGD. I added a few GGA people to my friend's list, and my Ally code is 934-281-319. Would like to contribute guild coins/gain guild currency from one of our guilds. Lemme know who has a free spot.

QGJ is full of slackers. We're at 43/50 so we'd definitely take you.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Applied

e: Just realized I requested back into IGD in my post. Meant to say QGJ. It was late.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 5, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

two_step posted:

The theory is that it is looking for teams with 120% or so of the power of the highest power arena team you have ever won with and can't find one, so it generates that goofy placeholder team. Supposedly you can break things even more by putting together a 40K power arena team of bad people that are given high power ratings by the game and then you get 3 broken teams at the end, but I think you just face those murder teams a little earlier. I wouldn't try this, because if they ever fix it, you might end up facing 6 murder teams at the end of your GW every day.

I just can't imagine them leaving GW as it is, as dumb as CG has been sometimes there was universal love for the updated GW before this last change, you can't keep ignoring what the people want even if it's not what they, as a developer, had in mind. They keep using the fallback of "we always wanted GW to be end-game content and it's supposed to be hard!" But guess what, the vast majority DIDN'T LIKE IT, so instead of trying to sway everyone onto your island of logic, just give the masses what they want and make new content. The Assault events IMO have been, for the most part, very well-designed, and are better end-game content than the GW grind every day. Keep doing stuff like that instead of trying to get people to see the light on GW, it will never happen.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Freemium games always try to drive people towards IAP. They want you to not be able to complete GW so it acts as a carrot to buy whatever.

Same with this lovely ewok event.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

cowofwar posted:

Freemium games always try to drive people towards IAP. They want you to not be able to complete GW so it acts as a carrot to buy whatever.

I personally can't wait for the Genosian event!

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Geonosian soldier is beefy enough to carry it himself.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

cowofwar posted:

I am still getting comedy 3* teams on my last node, what's up with that?

Developer incompetence.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

cowofwar posted:

I bite my tongue at you sir, Ewok event owns. I have no problems with them throwing bones at people who have more niche teams, but then again I'm biased since I've had Droids since day one. And at least they've been spreading the love around, every faction will get something eventually. Of course if you want to do well in EVERY event then yea, you probably have to either open the wallet or have been playing since the beginning. But there's nothing wrong with that.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Anyone on QGJ that can approve my MalTwo application? Would like to start burning through this light energy....

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Anyone on QGJ that can approve my MalTwo application? Would like to start burning through this light energy....

Got u fam

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anyone have a list of the top say 10 characters that we should be maxing out for Raids?

I've already maxed out Rey and QGJ so I'm trying to figure out who to work on next.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Anyone have a list of the top say 10 characters that we should be maxing out for Raids?

I've already maxed out Rey and QGJ so I'm trying to figure out who to work on next.

Rey
QGJ
Phasma
Fives
Teebo
Rex (I know, P2W)
Ewok Elder
Yoda
GS
Savage Oppress? (I've heard)

That's where I'd start. Scout is also really good. Anyone with TM manipulation can be good if geared well enough (Chewie, Cad Bane). You also want people with slows...Phasma and Fives are already up there for that. Ackbar is a good utility hero, and a decent leader if you're running Luke/Leia.

Once you hit P4, you just want as much dps as you can get in...no one is going to survive more than a hit regardless. Rey, QGJ, and GS are the top tier of dps. After that, I'm not really sure. I don't like FOTP or Leia as much here because their damage is based on multi-hits (so more Rancor TM gain), but decent enough for P2/P3, but bad for P4. RP and Luke both have ok damage. Anyone with an assist will do well (including 86, Biggs, and Tusken Raider). Reading through swgoh.gg, it looks like Asajj has decent damage with good gear, but she's still slow if she isn't lead...so there's some room there for a nightsister squad (Asajj, Talia, Daka, NI). I've heard that Greedo spits out good damage -- after I finish Leia I'm split between working on him and Savage. Hoth Rebel Scout does good things for TM for your team. IG-88 if you have Jawa Engineer/Droids. Anakin is so tanky and does awesome things when his teammates die, so that makes me think he'd be good for raids. Lumi's force blast crits for a lot on p2/p3, but her heal is irrelevant in T7. Conceptually I like a Resistance squad - I think it would do good damage, Finn, Trooper, Pilot, Poe will all do good stuff together.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Malgrin posted:

Rey
QGJ
Phasma
Fives
Teebo
Rex (I know, P2W)
Ewok Elder
Yoda
GS
Savage Oppress? (I've heard)

That's where I'd start. Scout is also really good. Anyone with TM manipulation can be good if geared well enough (Chewie, Cad Bane). You also want people with slows...Phasma and Fives are already up there for that. Ackbar is a good utility hero, and a decent leader if you're running Luke/Leia.

Once you hit P4, you just want as much dps as you can get in...no one is going to survive more than a hit regardless. Rey, QGJ, and GS are the top tier of dps. After that, I'm not really sure. I don't like FOTP or Leia as much here because their damage is based on multi-hits (so more Rancor TM gain), but decent enough for P2/P3, but bad for P4. RP and Luke both have ok damage. Anyone with an assist will do well (including 86, Biggs, and Tusken Raider). Reading through swgoh.gg, it looks like Asajj has decent damage with good gear, but she's still slow if she isn't lead...so there's some room there for a nightsister squad (Asajj, Talia, Daka, NI). I've heard that Greedo spits out good damage -- after I finish Leia I'm split between working on him and Savage. Hoth Rebel Scout does good things for TM for your team. IG-88 if you have Jawa Engineer/Droids. Anakin is so tanky and does awesome things when his teammates die, so that makes me think he'd be good for raids. Lumi's force blast crits for a lot on p2/p3, but her heal is irrelevant in T7. Conceptually I like a Resistance squad - I think it would do good damage, Finn, Trooper, Pilot, Poe will all do good stuff together.

This is perfect thank you! I already have Phasma at G8 so shes next up then I'm gonna grind up 5's to 80.

I'm thinking about trying to use Cad since he will get used for the other event as well.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

I find that ewoks are actually really good in all raid phases. For t7:
P1: teebo, elder, chirpa (or scout, I like chirpa better), qgj, phasma
P2/3: I did 200k+ with all the ewoks plus phasma or RG, but landing a slow with RG is tough

Other than that, Rey is always good. I like lumi to give some hard hitting healing. Ackbar is useful for t5 or lower p1 raids. Dooku is a useful leader sometimes, though it seems a lot harder to dodge in t7. There are people on Reddit that use yoda a lot, I haven't had much luck with him though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

two_step posted:

RG, but landing a slow with RG is tough

Yeah I've noticed this as well. I'd like to get my RG up more to see if it gets any better but I've got better dudes to focus on.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Yoda giving your team foresight right before rancor slam is pretty nice.

Jawa has good damage, 50% chance to slow with omega basic, and potency to make it stick, and goes well with old Ben.

Old Ben can give o.Down and tm reduction and his leader skill can be great.

JKA does get 2 turns to Rancor's 1 as your team starts dying. Throw in a chance to give your team offense up when rancor is at >50% HP and I say he's decent.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I have never seen anyone else mention this but Old Bens TM down works on the Rancor when the door is down on him.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Dr. Venture posted:

Am I good enough to join a QGJ or another goon guild yet?
https://swgoh.gg/u/ahdinko/

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ahdinko posted:

Am I good enough to join a QGJ or another goon guild yet?
https://swgoh.gg/u/ahdinko/

They just took my level 39 alt, so I'm going to say yes without looking.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Awesome, my ally code is 645-941-871, someone get me in please :)

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Oh poo poo, if Dengar's Tenacity Down hits Rancor he's going to be really awesome on T7

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Hopefully Uncle Owen is the next released character.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
A couple things for IGD members.

1) We're in P4. I've said this in chat, but I want people to hold off attacking unless they haven't already attacked. Get your first attack in and then wait. I want at least 40/50. I'm hoping people can hold off until at least 9am to finish the Rancor off. Get your first attack in!

2) I know we don't all have time to obssess over a phone game, but doing using energy daily is pretty important. I get it if you just want to log in once a day that's fine, but at least use the 2 50 crystal regular energy refreshes, plus whatever you have built up (so at least 120 cantina and 130+ regular per day). The only way we can start raids is if people use energy daily. This caps at 600. If everyone contributes 600 energy every day, we can do a T7 every 48 hours. If you log in every 12 hours, use all your regular energy, and do two regular refreshes per day, that works out to exactly 600 energy (and only costs 100 crystals). I'm not going to be strict about this, which just means we'll have to skip a T7 maybe once a week or something, which isn't a big deal, but at least try.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also the T7 rewards are loving legit.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Creeping slowly through the low 70's means that Omega abilities are visible on the horizon. What order should I be spending Omega mats? Which abilities get the biggest bang for my buck? It's relevant now because I have to decide whose "+5% Damage" gets my juicy purps.

Was bored with my standard arena team, running all great characters over and over. Changed things up for fun. Lost every match in every combination. This game's balance can go straight to hell.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

WerrWaaa posted:

Creeping slowly through the low 70's means that Omega abilities are visible on the horizon. What order should I be spending Omega mats? Which abilities get the biggest bang for my buck? It's relevant now because I have to decide whose "+5% Damage" gets my juicy purps.

Was bored with my standard arena team, running all great characters over and over. Changed things up for fun. Lost every match in every combination. This game's balance can go straight to hell.

Rey's damage boost is the biggest. All of her abilities get +15%, and it's really worth it. I did the 1st and 3rd ability right away, but held off on the second for a bit. Daka's basic adds stun chance, which I found really worth it. QGJ's basic adds TM reduction (really good for raid, sometimes useful for GW/Arena). QGJ's buff removal adds a turn to off up, which I really liked.
I also like RG's special because he gets a bigger heal when others take damage. Super useful in Arena.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Anybody got any suggestion on who I should go for next in GW? I already have lumi, initiate, teebo, 86,& phasma.I was thinking either cad, poggle or dathca, but am not really sure who to go for, I've already got cad at 4 star somehow so I was leaning towards him.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

WerrWaaa posted:

It really depends on who you got. Like Malgrin I think you can't go wrong with any of Rey's abilities. Here are my thoughts on order: Leverage first if you don't run an assist team, because AI Rey will always lead with it. Basic next because it gets the most uses in general due to the long cool downs of your other attacks. Triple tap last.

Do you got Geo Soldat? His unique passive owns with omega, he gets so much drat turn meter its insane.

Qui Gon Jin's basic gives turn meter down which makes him really key for raid teams.

Phasma's victory march goes up to 90% to speed down, which I think is pretty good.

Daka's basic being omega'd is stun city and I use her a lot for GW due to that.

IG-86's assist call cool down reduction is nice since hes a slow character to begin with.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

My priorities were Lando Aoe > HRS basic > Greedo Unique Crit% > a bunch of other stuff. It depends on where your priorities are, Lando AoE is useless in raids but aces in Arena.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

kaschei posted:

My priorities were Lando Aoe > HRS basic > Greedo Unique Crit% > a bunch of other stuff. It depends on where your priorities are, Lando AoE is useless in raids but aces in Arena.

And amazingly cathartic in GW, when you have to soften up a squad for your main team.

"gently caress YOU. And Again. I insist."

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Lando Is My A-Team

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I'd like to challenge someone to solo a whole raid with 1 team/attempt. Are you a bad enough dude?

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Disco De Soto posted:

I'd like to challenge someone to solo a whole raid with 1 team/attempt. Are you a bad enough dude?

Some crazy person did 20M damage in one attempt in a T6 raid with a full TM squad.

Don't get too excited though, it took 6 hours.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Can anyone press the button to accept me into QGJ? Same name as SA

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I'll yell at the officers in chat.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So are they just not going to fix GW or what?

I'm sick of wading through cash money whale teams just so I can get some drat credits.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Jibo posted:

So are they just not going to fix GW or what?

I'm sick of wading through cash money whale teams just so I can get some drat credits.

I really hope so; I'm 2 pieces away from a Vader upgrade, and stuck at 45/50 for the GW achievement since the retune.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

So apparently cantina battles are double rewards today? Thanks for waiting until 8pm EA!

Gonna be p pissed if this doesn't run through tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Slightly Toasted posted:

So apparently cantina battles are double rewards today? Thanks for waiting until 8pm EA!

Gonna be p pissed if this doesn't run through tomorrow

I'm already pissed that they just slid that poo poo out without letting us know before I spent crystals on a refresh this morning.