Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Eponine posted:

Few North Africans are Black and although they were used, were probably as dark as some French people with a good tan. They did use a few soldiers from West African colonies, but also people of color have been in Western Europe for hundreds of years.

Yeah I should have said west african colonies. And a few is a bit of an understatement when the african colonies had an estimated death toll of 270.000 (civilians and soldiers) and over 200.000 soldiers where recruited.

they seem a bit darker than a tanned frenchman to me

Atreiden has a new favorite as of 13:20 on Jul 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

American racial/ethnic groups don't map very clearly onto the rest of the world at all, and Americans never stop being surprised that most places aren't black <----> white.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
There's a bunch of interesting "less known" sides of WWI. The French imported a ton of Vietnamese to do work behind the lines. A significant number of them became casualties unless I'm mistaken.

But anyone expecting total historical accuracy from a game series that has featured nuclear strikes on Paris and Jetpacks in WW2, is probably autistic and very obnoxious.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

BigglesSWE posted:

There's a bunch of interesting "less known" sides of WWI. The French imported a ton of Vietnamese to do work behind the lines. A significant number of them became casualties unless I'm mistaken.

But anyone expecting total historical accuracy from a game series that has featured nuclear strikes on Paris and Jetpacks in WW2, is probably autistic and very obnoxious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaNT6uGdOTQ

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

The reason it's called World War One is that it the whole world fought in it for gently caress's sake.

1 million Indian soldiers served in the UK army during world war 1 under the Indian Army. We would have not won either WW1 or 2 had it not been for the Indian Army.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Shared by someone on my page and originally posted by Mike 'The Situation'

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Has this person not heard of a Pride of Lions? It's been a pop culture thing for years on top of a well known collective name, there was even a lovely sitcom about lions with Pride in the title.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Baron Corbyn posted:

Having the Johnny come latelies of the USA be in the game and not France or Russia is some bullshit though TBF

:agreed: that's really bullshit. I mean France is the place where pretty much all the really famous battles happened.

USA NUMBER ONE tho I guess.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Every WW1 movie ever is about France, UK or Germany or Australia. It's nice to see USA in the game instead.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

BioEnchanted posted:

Has this person not heard of a Pride of Lions? It's been a pop culture thing for years on top of a well known collective name, there was even a lovely sitcom about lions with Pride in the title.

Aren't the only lions that travel alone the losers beaten by the stronger lions?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Don't mind this post. Keep reading.

BigglesSWE has a new favorite as of 15:41 on Jul 5, 2016

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Dienes posted:

Aren't the only lions that travel alone the losers beaten by the stronger lions?

Yes. Similarly, a lone wolf is a sad piece of poo poo that got kicked out because none of the other wolves liked him.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

BigglesSWE posted:

Came across this gem on 9gag. Title was "I'm getting tired of this nonsense."

I'm getting sick of 9gag. I go in there all the time just out of habit really. Need to find something else to do.

I'm doing my best to pick out where that punch has been edited; if it wasn't, why would you post this? I get wanting to cleanse your mental pallette but really, I don't really think the thread wants to see a woman punched in the face.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

BioEnchanted posted:

And the thing is they could have chosen literally any other wild cat since iirc lions are the only ones to actually travel in packs/prides, all the other ones basically go it alone.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

NotAnArtist posted:

I'm doing my best to pick out where that punch has been edited; if it wasn't, why would you post this? I get wanting to cleanse your mental pallette but really, I don't really think the thread wants to see a woman punched in the face.

Yeah, fair enough. I'll remove it.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

BigglesSWE posted:

Yeah, fair enough. I'll remove it.

Sorry bud, I don't want to look like I'm calling you out. Like seeing anything disturbing on the internet I understand that you want to share your misery. I did the same on facebook after watching Fergie's new video for her song MILF $

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012
I want a WW2 game where you play as the Allied generals who deny De Gaulle's request for help in retaking Paris because his army wasn't segregated.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Crossposted from Rowdy Ringsports; hope TinTower doesn't mind.

Story: John Cena was featured in an AdCouncil video yesterday basically asking to mind people who are not straight, white men.

Reactions from the right:

I think some people need an attitude adjustment. Don't read the comments on that video either.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I couldn't give less of a gently caress about WWE but John Cena is awesome every day of the week. Youtube commenters can go gently caress themselves.

Here's my personal favorite from that comment section:

"Dear Youtube, it would be nice to see something that honors our troops or shows our history other thsn just equal rights poo poo 24/7 please."

BigglesSWE has a new favorite as of 15:57 on Jul 5, 2016

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Electric Lady posted:

I think some people need an attitude adjustment. Don't read the comments on that video either.

Oh you :allears:. I don't know if that was intentional but if it wasn't that's even better.

And yeah, as a wrassling fan it's easy to be annoyed by the character Cena plays but as a human being he's loving amazing. I know he's done over a thousand Make-A-Wish things now and overall has always seemed like a great person.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
My favorite comment is "gently caress them gays and trans". Cool to know that "trans" and by extension "transgender" are slurs now! I was expecting it to take another 5 years. Thanks, humanity!

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I agree, gently caress a gay or trans person today! Do your duty, citizen.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

NotAnArtist posted:

Sorry bud, I don't want to look like I'm calling you out. Like seeing anything disturbing on the internet I understand that you want to share your misery. I did the same on facebook after watching Fergie's new video for her song MILF $

Don't worry about it. This isn't 4chan after all. We should know better than post certain stuff. I think I did the mental jump that "if it's fine on 9gag it should be fine here". Then I realized that 9gag is an abhorrent community, and this is not. So there you go.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

BigglesSWE posted:

I couldn't give less of a gently caress about WWE but John Cena is awesome every day of the week. Youtube commenters can go gently caress themselves.

Here's my personal favorite from that comment section:

"Dear Youtube, it would be nice to see something that honors our troops or shows our history other thsn just equal rights poo poo 24/7 please."

If there's one company that never mentions The Troops, it's WWE

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

To those people, anything that isn't for the troops should be about them. Or more accurately, it just shouldn't be about things they don't like.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

zakharov posted:

Because they're more concerned about pandas, you idiot.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

poptart_fairy posted:

Because they're more concerned about pandas, you idiot.

Jesus. You are as thick as two short planks.

EDIT: VVV I meant in general. VVV

Lemniscate Blue has a new favorite as of 18:40 on Jul 5, 2016

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That would indeed be the joke, my friend.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

mng posted:

I agree, gently caress a gay or trans person today! Do your duty, citizen.

I'm not interested in being raped by racists.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

EmmyOk posted:

Shared by someone on my page and originally posted by Mike 'The Situation'

:eng101: Solitary lions are usually exiled from the pride for being too slow or old to keep up with the rest, and are thus unprotected.

Electric Lady posted:

Crossposted from Rowdy Ringsports; hope TinTower doesn't mind.

Story: John Cena was featured in an AdCouncil video yesterday basically asking to mind people who are not straight, white men.

Reactions from the right:

:3: I love John Cena.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

FAROOQ posted:

what-- oh it's you

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

FAROOQ posted:

But non-racists are okay?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Ularg posted:

Oldpainless is an acquired taste but worth the effort.

From you know which friend:

At least he's being honest. I don't think I have the heart/balls to start listing off all of the embarrassing passages of the book, like the donkey penis one.

Well add anti semitic to the reasons my friend is out of his loving mind. How do you NOT notice what they're trying to do with that picture of Hillary? People used to not fall for blatant propaganda, or I'm just being naive again.

Well it isn't below Trump to try present Clinton in some kind of anti-Semtic way so that meme is pretty accurate of him and his supporters.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Yikes

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
lol that those stupid hills have their own facebook page or whatever.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Yes. Yes, it is.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Tarantula posted:

I can't even tell anymore with stuff like this if it's satire or not, I found it on the Battlefield 1 forums.

There is no way at all that an American soldier would be carrying a luger. It's not like they're probably the most famous war trophy in the history or anything.

Also: titantic zeppelins used effectively in the first world war? Yeah whatever. A WOMAN? drat SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS!

SurreptitiousMuffin has a new favorite as of 22:05 on Jul 5, 2016

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
There was a guy in my state who was arrested for burning a flag(and then released because it's not actually illegal). In addition to just regular calls for vigilante violence against him, I've also seen calls for vigilante violence against him but with random addresses in towns literally hundreds of miles away from the town it happened in. I'm always amazed at how whenever people seem to hit peak shittyness they always manage to one up each other.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

:siren: NO FUN ALLOWED :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Can someone explain what that means pls?